PDA

View Full Version : A proper streetfight!

NafAnal
12-25-2001, 04:36 PM
http://www.fighttraining.com/fight_clips/bicycfight.mpeg

fantastic stuff! a little spinning backfist there as well....

HopGar
12-25-2001, 05:08 PM
That was cool...Proper? Lol! thats funny

NorthernMantis
12-25-2001, 05:27 PM
Who says fights go to the ground!Love the longfist action.

NorthernMantis
12-27-2001, 10:24 PM
Uhh ttt again.This is really funny.Worth checking out.

PHILBERT
12-28-2001, 08:29 AM
Yes, that is most humoress indeed. I couldn't determine who won though, neither got the upperhand. But if I had to choose, it was the guy who did not use the spinning backfist, because he seemed to be keeping the other guy bent over (but the other guy still got shots in)

Bak Mei
12-28-2001, 08:32 AM
Why do I think both these cyclists are French?

Funny. The spinning back fist was halarious, so smooth, dance like.

I hope everyone else feels as good about what they are doing as I do after this. We could probbaly take on that entire race.

Funny.

Paul
12-28-2001, 09:23 AM
Lets see, those guys were probably flying along at 25+ MPH for who knows how many hours. If you have ever cycled you would realise that the cleats they are wearing aren't very easy to walk around in, you don't really get any traction on pavement. One of those 2 guys that was fighting caused the other guy to wreck also, that's why they are fighting in the first place.

I doubt anyone here would have looked much better under the circumstances.

Bak Mei
12-28-2001, 09:29 AM
Are you French? Or a cyclist?

Just having some fun on this unproductive work day.

Buby
12-28-2001, 09:48 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how did you train in BM?

Thanks,

buby

norther practitioner
12-28-2001, 09:53 AM
wow, thats funny. look at the people in the backround just chillin', not even really caring.

KC Elbows
12-28-2001, 09:59 AM
Although I'm neither French, nor a cyclist, I feel someone should stand up for these warriors. As we all know, video is not the best format to judge martial skills, but I happen to have a passing knowledge of Campagnola Fist, and it is a beautiful style. It's distinguishing traits are:

-Circular movement.

-The Pedal Step

-It covers great distance in a relatively short time. For example, your opponent is at the mall, and you are at home. The Camagnola Fist practitioner would begin his technique from home, increase the power of his technique at the end of the block, increase it again at the highway, and finally complete his technique at the mall bike rack.

-The traditional uniform is a pair of form fitting shorts and a top covered with advertisements.

Like other styles, Campagnola Fist has colorful names to its movements, like:

-"Jean Luc goes around the corner" A hook

-"Henri breaks a frame" A throw

-"Benito loses it over the cobblestone" A flying kick.

-"The rider bends a crank" A devastating leg break.

The only weapons taught in Campagnola Fist are the tire pump and the water bottle, but, as you all can see from the video, these men have no need of weapons, for they are themselves living weapons, ready to destroy at a moment's notice.

KungFuGuy!
12-28-2001, 10:08 AM
Wow, a lot of crazy stuff happens in those bicycle races. I saw a similar video where two cyclists were fighting while still riding their bikes, and as they crossed a bridge, one of the fighters pushed the other over the bridge for a nice 60 foot drop. The video cut out before you could tell if the guy died or not.
They did look tired, but I don't think they would have looked much better if they were fully rested since they were so sloppy.

Paul
12-28-2001, 10:26 AM
Are you French? HELL NO.

Or a cyclist? I used to do quite a bit of cycling. Did a few triathalons back in the day.

the clip looks funny as hell, but there's a reason why.

Justa Man
12-28-2001, 11:15 AM
my favorite is the woman and the kid in the backround. no way are they near the fistacups, but they keep backing up all scared like.

I hope everyone else feels as good about what they are doing as I do after this. We could probbaly take on that entire race.
That was by far the FUNNIEST thing I've read all week. A heartfelt "thank you", Bak Mei.

Bak Mei
12-28-2001, 11:20 AM
Buby, my Hung Gar sifu taught me Chik Pu and some of Bak Mei's external qualities, he learned it from a Bak Mei Sifu in NYC chinatown when he was younger, my age, around the mid-70's.

I liked what I learned, and now that I am studying Hsing-I and Ba Gua I have a new apreciation of what I learned then. I definitely see mad internal in the Bak Mei system -- a beautiful system. That's when I picked up this screen name and I was doing research on the man, Bak Mei, for a book I'm working on. I'm changing my screen name but haven';t gotten to it yet.

Peace

les paul
12-28-2001, 02:46 PM
Love that blasting back hand!

It's awsome when dudes use their faces to block punches!

I was at a bar just the other day. During closing time, I watched three fights break out. They all looked liked these two. he he he

The best was when one fellow turned around and seen his date going home with another dude.

He turns to the guy and say's "Hey, that's my women!" Then he takes a punch at the dude, only to miss and hit his ex-date striaght in the face! Blam!

I was standing next to him and yelled "she isn't now!"

what a night that was....poor girl, she was good lookin too...

Leonidas
12-28-2001, 07:17 PM
If i were a bettin' man i'd say if the fight hadn't been broken up the guy on the right woulda won. Although the guy on the left used good tactic by holding the other guys head down. At first i thought the security was going to get in the mix for a brawl :D, but hey.........nice footage

Yajirobe
12-28-2001, 07:38 PM
whoa they were using a technique? i didnt' notice

African Tiger
12-28-2001, 08:21 PM
I don't think that was a spinning backfist. Closer to the drum technique Mr. Myagi forbid Daniel-san to use at the end of The Karate Kid II.

Or it was just a french bi-tch slap - you know those wacky french! Surprised they didn't start doing Savate :D

African Tiger
12-28-2001, 08:24 PM
I'm the first dude who will admit that no woman deserves to be hit for any reason.

But that chick you posted about, if she had that little class to walk out with someone else in front of her date and not even be adult enough to confron the guy - I have no sympathy at all!

KungFuGuy!
12-28-2001, 11:00 PM
Les Paul, the precisely exact same thing happened in this cheesy martial arts movie I saw.

DelicateSound
12-29-2001, 12:02 PM
My cat fights harder than that.

THIS people, is the exact reason we took up MA's. Although I NEVER used to fight like that beforehand!

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I advise everyone to do what I have done. Save the footage into your Media Player and every time you don't feel like training, watch it.

"Flailing Arms Kung Fu"? I have no idea. But that missed *uppercut* just after the *arm bar*.

Kristoffer
12-29-2001, 01:09 PM
Thats really funny!! :D But come on, this is old as hell. :) still, it would be even MORE funny if it was one of u FAT-assed americans that would try to fight. Now that's hilarious :p
*duck and cover* hahahaha

DelicateSound
12-29-2001, 01:28 PM
Get it right - They'd turn up late for the fight. They did in both world wars anyway! :)

*Also Ducking and Covering*