PDA

View Full Version : how come smoking cigerettes makes you have to poop sometimes?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2001, 09:40 PM
... just wondering.

where's my beer?

Johnny Hot Shot
11-10-2001, 09:45 PM
Perhaps it's the Coffee your drinking when you smoke. Or the draught beer you we're drinking lastnight/this morning. ;)

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2001, 09:52 PM
i was just going to post that i have been off and on the toilet all day cause of all the naty ice i drank last night ... but i don't actually have to go until i smoke a cig.

so far, every time i have smoked a cigerette today i have had to poop immedietly afterwards. it hits me after just a couple drags.

sometimes it will do it regardless of whether or not i have been drinking. it's like smoking a cig triggers my need to defocate somehow ...

it's wierd.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-10-2001, 09:52 PM
it can't be just me . .. .

where's my beer?

Chris McKinley
11-10-2001, 10:09 PM
Assuming you're serious with the question, it should be noted that, in Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Lung and Large Intestine meridians are pairs representing the metal element. It is believed that an imbalance on one can show symptoms on the other. In this case, weakening the Lung qi with cigarettes might be manifesting as an imbalance of the large intestine.

Merryprankster
11-10-2001, 11:05 PM
And for a western medical answer, Nicotine is a stimulant, that works directly on the nerve receptors of the body (as opposed, for instance, to Methamphetamine, which triggers a speed up in the CNS that then stimulates your body into overdrive.)

Since you are "speeding up," your system, things go through faster :)

Repulsive Monkey
11-10-2001, 11:50 PM
c'os its a stimulant, which is always funny when most people think they are relaxing when they have a cigarette. I suspect the only real way it steadies one's nerves is purely the fact that long drags on a *** alter the rate of breathing and cause a momentary change in consciesness. Probably?!!

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-11-2001, 12:00 AM
repulsive monkey ...

no. at least on why people think they are relaxing when they smoke. you are relaxing because your need for a cigerette is being satisfied.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-11-2001, 12:53 AM
i'm sloppy drunk again.

where's my beer?

Johnny Hot Shot
11-11-2001, 12:55 AM
Ahh Sweet Drunken Bliss...

Joining you soon ;)

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Wong Ying Home
11-11-2001, 02:12 AM
One reason could be that cigarettes and thier chemical compounds act as a vaso consitrictor, as this has a body wide efect in your case it could be that the constriction of blodd flow could be reducing blood composite to the lower bowel. There fore creating additional peristaltic contraction on the lower bowel...causing you to neeed drop some friends off at the pool.

Think of the effect of blood flow to the small capiliaries, you have just had sex, still got a slight stiffy, have a smoke and long term effect is to damage the small capiliarie blood flow to the spongy tissues in the pen1s. What is the long term result, you can't get it up any more because you have damaged blood flow to the area in question

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-11-2001, 07:07 AM
:o holy shiznat!!!

thanks for the heads up!

where's my beer?

prana
11-11-2001, 07:45 AM
perhaps when you smoke, you poison your body...

so the body defenses by actually cleansing through errr pooping.

Some of you might know that I am not kidding :)

Wongsifu
11-11-2001, 01:42 PM
sooo many good answers i have often wondered this myself !!

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

David
11-11-2001, 04:28 PM
The thing this reminds me of is the direct effect of standing chi gung. There's a basic exercise which will accelerate your bowels so you need to go straight after practice.

I can see smoking a ***, taking a deep lungful and savouring it before sighing as you gracefully and gratefully exhale can have the same effect. Your gross tension is released aaahhh.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
i'm sloppy drunk again.

where's my beer?

i miss me sometimes.

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
LOL!! :p

Egg fu young
11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
... just wondering.

where's my beer?

Are you using your mouth?

mickey
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Greetings,

Each time you smoke a cigarette you die. So those are actually "dead man's final kraps" that you are taking. Wong Ying Home's description of there being a constriction parallels the cessation of things when you die, causing that final bowel movement to replay itself over, over, and over again each time you smoke.

mickey

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
i think its really funny that it matters enough for me to say this, but im a non-smoker now. this thread is over 3 years old. found it when i searched for my quitting smoking thread to post my 3 year marker.

still get sloppy drunk sometimes though.

unkokusai
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
... just wondering.

where's my beer?

Maybe its because only a stupid **** still smokes cigarrettes...

SanHeChuan
11-15-2007, 12:42 AM
On an episode of house, season 2 I think, he "prescribes" cigarettes to a dude as a laxative. :cool: Why? because he can.

Lucas
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
it can't be just me . .. .

where's my beer?

used to happen to me all the time too man