PDA

View Full Version : An open challenge to all KFO members.

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2001, 11:09 AM
Can you find a wussier style of taiji than this?

http://www.taichichih.org

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 11:20 AM
Done.

http://www.shaolinwestknox.com/forms/Yang_Style_Tai_Chi_64_posture-GM.mpg

As I understand it, this one isn't martial either.

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2001, 11:24 AM
I'm waiting for your movie to load, but I'm dubious. Does Shaolin West Knox taiji have an endorsement from the Arthritis Foundation? Or is it the subject of a glowing review by the Journal of Gerontological Nursing?

I found tai chi chih on a PBS late-morning excercise show, BTW. A bad sign already, I think you'll agree.

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 11:29 AM
Gosh, and here I was basing it on martial content alone. Maybe yours is better as far as "wussiness" is concerned...but this is an awful close second. :D

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2001, 11:31 AM
Okay, the movie loaded. That's pretty darn wussy all right. But at least the guy is bending his knees and raising his hand above his waist. Tai Chi Chih b@stardizes the name "Parting the White Horse's Mane" into the much less threatening "Pulling Taffy," and recomends wiggling your fingers as you do the movements, to 'allow the chi to escape.'

SevenStar
12-26-2001, 11:32 AM
I remember watching the tai chi chih show... I won't comment. they had another that aired before it aired called tai chi innerwave. Anyway, I think I have you all beat:

http://www.nsws.com/tai-chi/

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 11:34 AM
This "Tai Chi Chih" is offered at the community center where I live. I was thinking about checking it out since I had never heard of it before...now I know why I hadn't heard of it and am counting my blessings that I was never bored enough to go.

Hey, maybe these are the "Tai Chi" guys Ralek claims to have fought.

"Pulling Taffy"? That's a freaking riot!

Felipe Bido
12-26-2001, 11:36 AM
"Justin Stone, Originator of T'ai Chi Chih"

*cough* *cough* Oh, God...I won't even comment...

Felipe Bido
12-26-2001, 11:41 AM
LOL....you didn't have to mention Bob Klein here...you know you were gonna win!...

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 11:41 AM
They have several "taffy" moves! And it's a darn good thing they have that disclaimer that only accredited teachers can teach this, and provide the listing of such teachers. I'm sure this would be stolen in droves otherwise!

You know, Justin isn't only the founder of Tai Chi Chih...he's also a famous musician. You've heard his music in the PBS Tai Chi Chih Show, and his basement! Now that's talent!

SevenStar
12-26-2001, 12:00 PM
All hail Bob Klein!!

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 12:02 PM
What, you guys are crazy?!! That first site is cool. You don't need to fight a guy for self-defence, just circulate your "chi" in front of him and he'll soon back off. :D

Chang Style Novice
12-26-2001, 12:04 PM
Grrrr! Justin Stone will pull Bob Kline's taffy until he'll wish he'd never been born.

Grrrr, I said!

rogue
12-26-2001, 12:09 PM
Movement 18: Passing Clouds

I do that all the time, usually after eating too much fiber.

Felipe Bido
12-26-2001, 12:22 PM
The movement you know is called "Passing Wind Through the Ears"..very much like the one you described, but with a loud sound..something like a crack of chi

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 12:24 PM
So, let me get this straight...your butt made a noise. It smelled bad. And it's alive? And you are calling it "chi"?

Well, fine...just don't scorch the carpet and keep it away from my taffy.

dezhen2001
12-26-2001, 01:19 PM
sounds interesting to me - especially as it comes from Yang style :eek:

but hey - the first guys stance is real low - a good skill...he could creep thru your legs and escape - useful in all kinds of scenarios :D

Beware of those loud cracks of Chi! - especially after eating too much taffy!

david

SevenStar
12-26-2001, 01:37 PM
check out that the page that sillum kid's movie is on. the classes there are an hour long, twice a week (intense!) He thanks the dude that runs this school (http://www.mullins-shaolin.com) , which states that you can get a black sash in 3.5 years. They teach authentic CMA, but yet, they train with the Bo and do Ippon Kumite...

Paul
12-26-2001, 01:41 PM
Dude,
It's Shaolin-do once again. They are getting sneakier though, dropping the -do part.

>>>7th Degree Black Sash in Shao Lin certified by Shao Lin Grandmaster Sin Kwang Thé

look familiar.

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 01:41 PM
The hallowed search for the Ultimate B*stardisaton (C) continues.

dezhen2001
12-26-2001, 01:43 PM
ah, shaolin-do :(

i wish i could have got my black belt in 3 and 1/2 years. it took me 10 and even then i didn't feel ready!

david

SevenStar
12-26-2001, 01:43 PM
check out the history page on that site

Paul
12-26-2001, 01:47 PM
>>>First of all, Master Sin had to learn to move like a snake. Grandmaster Ie tied Master Sin's wrists to his feet in an arched position similar to the I Ching Ching #35 posture. In this position, he learned to crawl by moving the muscles of his chest alone. Grandmaster Ie also threw Master Sin into the ocean with his hands and feet tied. Master Sin learned to swim by wriggling his body. Only now was he ready to learn the Golden Snake forms

that's my favorite part.

dezhen2001
12-26-2001, 01:48 PM
u shoulda seen the discussion we had about it on Russbo.com :P

david

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Does THIS man look scary and "ferociously ugly" to you?

Ralek scares me more.

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 01:52 PM
HEY, I had attached a file there............

MonkeySlap Too
12-26-2001, 01:55 PM
Check out ANY of the pages posted here http://home.netcom.com/~ljrjr/chungmoodoe/ontheweb.html

and look for Tai Chi Chung. Yikes!

MonkeySlap Too
12-26-2001, 01:58 PM
This is from the FAQ on the Mullins Shaolin-Do site!

How long does it take to get a black sash?
A student gets a black sash when they are ready, and not before. This usually takes a minimum of 3 ½ years.

Why so long? There are other martial arts schools that will give you a black sash in 18 months.
We are passing on a centuries-old tradition that has very high standards, and we will not compromise those standards. To get a black sash in our system requires knowledge, experience and skill that can only be acquired by years of practice. There are no shortcuts.

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 02:04 PM
I honestly didn't mean this to become a Shaolin-Do free-for-all, BUT, since we went there...did you guys look at the "drunken" form? Yeesh. Please, whatever you do, keep the Nyquil away from the kids.

And I could swear that the Tiger form and the Crane form share a few moves...but since it's "Southern style" I suppose it came from Hung Gar. :D

Paul
12-26-2001, 02:07 PM
Iron Kim rules! (http://www.oomyungdoe.com/achievements.htm)

Silumkid
12-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Awww yeah! I too must learn the incredible ability of a flying side kick eight stories high! Where do I sign up?

dezhen2001
12-26-2001, 05:14 PM
>>>The use of extraordinary Nae Gong energy to miraculously change the size of different parts of his body at will. Only a few people around the world are known to be capable of this feat.

don't u think that could b useful? :D

david

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Practitioners who follow the Pa Doe (wrong path) are known for their egotism, jealousy, and lack of honor, morals, discipline and stability. Their selfishness and tendency toward instigating trouble cause them to believe in a distortion of reality that is far from the truth

Ah, It's Iron Kim to a tee.

Throughout the history of Moo Doe in East Asia, there have been two paths that Moo Doe could follow. One is "Chung Doe", or the "right path", and the other is "Pa Doe", or the "wrong path." Chung Doe is one of the main principles of correct Moo Doe.

Is MooDoe, like LooDoe, the Chinese version of Ludo?!

Felipe Bido
12-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Some parts of my body do that..sometimes at will, sometimes not...specially in the morning and in front of certain female specimens...

Is that "Nae Gong"?

DelicateSound
12-26-2001, 05:22 PM
In the cases of certain BJJ loving KFO trolls, it happens when viewing Royce Gracie, or any random UFC tape.