Kristoffer
11-10-2001, 10:17 PM
http://groundfighter.com/comic.html

hehe

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

TigerClaw
11-10-2001, 11:01 PM
I think I've trained in that school before....

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-11-2001, 11:48 AM
that was the stupidest thing i have ever read.

i am now dumber for reading it.

where's my beer?

Ralek
11-11-2001, 02:52 PM
That was auwsome. The comic is actually very similar to Rorions own account of living in poverty when he came to the united states. It looks kind of silly but that's really the way BJJ came to america. I actually have the fight where Rorion fights the kickboxer on video.

They guy was a former champion in kickboxing and Rorion trashed him without even throwing a punch. Rorion was the shizkit.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

Ralek
11-11-2001, 02:56 PM
Rorion said that he had to steal coconuts. And he really did work in that spiked hair person's house as a maid. This is a historically acurate cartoon.

Mr. Nemo
11-11-2001, 05:57 PM
That is a historically innaccurate cartoon. Rorian said he had to steal coconuts, and the fruit in that cartoon is clearly a pineapple.

Ralek
11-11-2001, 06:17 PM
No. It is accurate. But there are some big chunks of the story left out. Like when Rorion snuck into the army kitchen to get food, ect.

This cartoon is to make fun of Rorions when he came to the U.S. What's so funny is that it's real. I think Rorions story is even more wierd than the cartoon. Rorion said that he conned money out of people when he was a bum so he could eat food.

Where is that interview? I remember Rorion saying he teamed up with another bum to get money out of tourists or something. He had to do this to survive.

Rorion has been a: fighter, bum, maid, movie choreogropher, lawyer, fry cook, and jiujitsu teacher.

Kristoffer
11-11-2001, 06:36 PM
comics rule :D

~K~

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 06:40 PM
Yeah, but setting historical accuracy/significance aside, that one sucked. Lousy art, lousy sense of drama, just bad all around.

jimmy23
11-11-2001, 06:51 PM
I dunno , I liked it,

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 07:01 PM
Eh, I got high standards for comics. My favorite martial arts comics are:

1 - Lone Wolf and Cub (Kazuo Koike/Goseki Kojima)

2 - The Question (Denny O'Neill/Denys Cowan)

3 - there's not much else I like.

Kristoffer
11-11-2001, 07:20 PM
http://www.tigerstale.com/

kinda cool,, but not "really" comics.. check for ya self.

~K~

Kristoffer
11-11-2001, 07:22 PM
Chang,
How about Blade of the Immortal? I like that one.

~K~

Chang Style Novice
11-11-2001, 07:29 PM
Kristoffer -
That "Tiger's Tale" site is definitely comics - webcomics, not paper comics, but comics nonetheless.

I haven't really checked out "Blade of the Immortal", but the fairly generic look of most modern manga doesn't really do much for me. Just an aesthetic blind spot, I guess.

Ralek
11-11-2001, 08:17 PM
And the left out the part where Rorion invades the karate dojo and opens up a can of shizkit.

Kristoffer
11-12-2001, 12:00 AM
Tiger's Tale-
they are good! but alot of them does not "work" now. They dont open.. thats to bad.

does anyone know of any other Martial art-comics online? :confused:

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

IronFist
11-12-2001, 12:19 AM
the comic had an error; Thai boxers don't wear a mongkon (mongchol?) on their head during the fight. It's a ceremonial thing, not part of their fighting costume.

Iron