PDA

View Full Version : Austin area Martial artists

The Willow Sword
12-27-2001, 12:37 PM
Since the exchange with reemul, i have wanted to train realisticaly now in sparring and actual application of techniques. Not going so far a to seriuosly hurting another ,but definatley to a point to where results are achieved and also countering what is being thrown at you. since i do not feel that i can get this type of training at my school i m wanting to seek it elsewhere. but without really leaving my school,,just not participating in what they do sparring wise. im ready to be trained for the next level of my personal growth as a teacher and martial artist. if there is anyone else besides Reemul who would like to meet and train in a neutral atmoshpere on the concepts of our arts, i welcome this exchange and hope that other Austin area martial artists (even other SD ones can get together) i will probably be the only SD person that will want to do this. rest assured that what i learn from all of you is what i carry with me. and is not subject to be incorporated in the SD curriculum( for i know that there are some who believe that we steal material) as i stated to Monkeyslap "I AM NOT A KUNGFU BURGLAR" lets get something started.
Many Respects, Willow Sword

norther practitioner
12-27-2001, 03:52 PM
You are in Taos right.....well there is a dude that one the '97 nat. champ. that is in town giving an eagle claw class. I saw a flyer for it at Cids this weekend, I think it is tonight (the 27th). Well anyway, good luck finding some sparring partners.

CrushingFist
12-27-2001, 04:11 PM
do you know the guy's name who's giving an eagle claw seminar? thanks byebye

The Willow Sword
12-27-2001, 11:49 PM
i am in AUSTIN TX right now. lets put on our glasses and actually
read what i posted.

norther practitioner
12-28-2001, 08:58 AM
Gee sorry Willow, just trying to relay information. Didn't know if you were just planning on going back to Texas or if you were still there or whatever. Don't be such a punk, it will end up hurting you. I do not remember the name of the guy teaching the class, sorry.

solur
01-02-2002, 10:15 AM
I live in northwest Austin..... I would be happy to spar with you. I study Wu-Style Taijiquan from Jingyu Gu.

-Will

solur
01-03-2002, 10:03 PM
I guess this is not going to happen huh?
Ohh well, would have been fun.

GGL
01-07-2002, 10:22 PM
sorry to respond so late.. but I would spar wit ya.. always up for dat

G

GGL
01-16-2002, 09:51 PM
I guess you are not in Austin anymore!!

The Willow Sword
01-21-2002, 09:01 PM
I have been taking a break and i am just now getting back to my original mission,,,,,,yes guys lets do it. i am not a part of SD anymore,,but i am still doing my three internal systems i learned there. lets set up a time okay,,and anyone else ,,including Reemul which i havent heard from in a while is part of this too still,,i hope. contact me at my email adress whirlwindshield@aol.com
Many respects,,,Willow Sword

kungfuyou
01-23-2002, 02:47 PM
If you don't mind me asking TWS, what are you now studying? What made you change your MA Style? Was it the whole "Shaolin-Do is fake" thing, or was it your match with Reemul, or was it because you just decided it was best for you?

I'm not trying to "troll" here or anything, just curious after all what went on in the forums.

joedoe
01-23-2002, 06:12 PM
With all respect, I am curious as to why you left SD too.