PDA

View Full Version : Red Sand Palm?

Yajirobe
12-27-2001, 06:57 PM
Does anyone study this technique? I read it in a book i got..... seems interesting.

red5angel
12-28-2001, 07:01 AM
Which book would that be? I read a little bit about it in the history of kung fu. Sounds interesting. Check out a few websites on empty force if you are interested. Most people are pretty skeptical of this sort of thing though.

yuanfen
12-28-2001, 08:21 AM
Red sand palm: Be careful of some palm training materials which have mercury in them.

Empty force? Not that stuff again.

Yajirobe
12-28-2001, 07:10 PM
it was ... ::goes to look:: Kung Fu History, Philosophy and technique. I've been trying to train with it but i probly won't master it my book said no one of this modern age has ever mastered this technique.

SevenStar
12-29-2001, 09:08 AM
They have some odd things in that book. I wonder how attainable much of it is.... especially "gecko crawilng"

Felipe Bido
12-29-2001, 11:41 AM
It takes 10 years of practice and from 10 guys that practice it, maybe one will master it...D.amn

I practiced the Iron Forearm Kung though. Very good technique

SevenStar
12-29-2001, 11:47 AM
When I first heard about the book, I tried jade belt and also leaping kung, until my dad saw the hole in backyard and told me to fill it back up.

Felipe Bido
12-29-2001, 01:48 PM
LOL

I didn't practice the leaping kung for that very same reason

Yajirobe
12-29-2001, 03:20 PM
yeah the gecko crawilng does seem imposible you'd have to devote your life to that jive.

Kristoffer
12-30-2001, 10:16 AM
the coolest thing about the 'kungs' is that they probebly are for real. I dont think anyone will try to master any of them, but to get a bit on the way on it maybe? I think that belly kung was cool! :D But I dont want that big belly so ill pass. But the first step on it seems great:
"First the belly will be really soft but when consentrating chi in it it will be hard as iron"

Hell yeah!! :D :D But Im too lazy to meditate every day... But It is cool.
We already do conditioning in my kwoon, hitting wood, grovel, and rocks. Conditioning the whole hand, knuckles, fingers, the blade, fore-arm, under-arm. (in the advanced they condition the head) quite scary stuff :cool:
Oh yeah, and we hit buckets with small stones with a tiger claw-hand and snake, crane. (i dont know if we do panther as well)

Tigerstyle
12-31-2001, 12:02 PM
"...you'd have to devote your life to that jive."

LOL! That line just makes me laugh. (In a good, non-mocking way) :) Does everyone have that book?

Kristoffer,
You do "grovel" conditioning? ;)
"Master, here is a stick. Please beat me for my insolence."

Sevenstar,
LOL! Man, my friends and I wanted to build some sort of stackable platform contraption because we didn't want to dig up the back yard! We wanted kung fu movie leaps (for basketball, too)!

Kristoffer
12-31-2001, 01:14 PM
*sigh* yeeeahh,, mock the kid who cant speak english.. HaaaHaa :D