PDA

View Full Version : Taiji: who knows El Paso Center for Internal Arts?

Tomhands
12-28-2001, 01:45 AM
I'll be moving to El Paso soon, and was looking into the Center for Internal Arts there. Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the Center or its director, Steve Barowsky? He is a "certified" BK Frantzis (I won't wade into the politics) instructor, and is a student of K.C. Mao, who was a student of Mah Yueh Liang and Fu Zhongwen.
The center has a class schedule with yang, chen, and wu forms--all separate classes. It seems strange that all three would be taught by the same teacher, but who knows.

thanks

illusionfist
12-28-2001, 06:45 PM
I have had some friends that have dealt with Steve. Steve has basically been the "tai chi" guy here in El Paso. Whenever tai chi is brought up, Steve usually comes up as well.

I've heard the classes are all separated. So if you want to learn applications and weapons, they are all considered seperate (and a separate fee is charged along with your regular classes). Steve teaches out of his house, but he's in the phone book if you want to get ahold of him.

If you like doing chi gung under the full moon at white sands, Steve is your guy.

Peace :D

shenwu disciple
01-01-2002, 08:28 AM
Tomhands,

I've got a group of guys that I practice with out here in Las Cruces, New Mexico (at New Mexico State University). We've got a guy that comes all the way from Ft. Bliss to train with us on the weekends.

We train under Tim Cartmell, if you couldn't figure that out from my screen name :). We focus on Gao Style Bagua Zhang, Shan Xi Xing Yi, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Come check us out when you're in town.

Tomhands
01-02-2002, 06:28 PM
I would like very much to visit your group in Las Cruces. I haven't heard much about Shen Wu or Cartmell, but what I've seen online looks very nice.

I'll be living in downtown El Paso. I was last there a few years ago, but I don't remember how long it takes to get to Las Cruces.

Can you suggest a way for me to contact you to find out where and when you guys meet?

Thanks.

shenwu disciple
01-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Email me at aborozco@nmsu.edu and I'll hook you up with our guy in El Paso, so you can train during the week. Las Cruces is about an hour from El Paso, so we might not get to work out too much.

When are you coming to El Paso? Tim and his bjj teacher, Cleber Luciano, will be giving a seminar here the first weekend in Februaury. A seminar with Tim would be a great way for you to decide if you'd like to train with us.

yuxiang
01-03-2002, 04:55 AM
I hope you don't mind, I sent you an email. I'm in Alamogordo, and am hoping I could come down and watch you guys train.
I really am interested in Xing Yi, but there have been no resources near here.

shenwu disciple
01-03-2002, 08:36 AM
yuxiang,

Check your email!

shaolin white crane
01-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Were are you going to have the baji quan seminar en el Paso, I would love to go, I have experience in Shaolin, yang and chen style taiji quan an some chinese kenpo, plese send me some information my e-mail is Tlaquenauaque@hotmail.com, hope I read from you guys soon.
Amitoufo
Luis Fernando Espinosa Ceja

shenwu disciple
01-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Shaolin White Crane,

Check your email!