PDA

View Full Version : Att: Fiercest Tiger

S.Teebas
12-28-2001, 05:05 AM
What ways are YKM similar to Bak Mei?

Buby
01-04-2002, 11:21 AM
In every way! Our Sijo, Ha Har Hung, was a CLC disciple and was given the title of sifu in Pak Mei. Our version is of Gaunzhou Pak Mei and not the Hong Kong version. Theories, principles, and what not, are the same.

The only real difference between YKM and PM is the yau kung sup batt serng toy jerng (soft/hard 18 pushing palms).

Yau kung sup batt serng toy jerng can only be found in YKM and only bai shi learn it. It's our highest level of training, this is the real YKM.

I hope this answers your question. Also feel free to take a look at our website. I'm sure you'll find lots of info on there.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm/

Take care,
Buby

bean curd
01-05-2002, 02:08 AM
fierce tiger,

yau gung sup baht cern toy jeung, does it follow the three sections format.

just curious, hope you don't mind my asking,

cheers :D

fiercest tiger
01-05-2002, 03:24 AM
Can you please explain more about the 3 sections? you talking the 3 forms, if you are asking if they can be done one after another, yes if done empty hand!

3rd can be done with a steel ball.

if thats what you are asking?:confused:

:) thanks

bean curd
01-06-2002, 01:07 AM
FT,

your last statement " with steel ball " is the same. sorry for the confusion on my part when speaking of sup ba jeung i often heard the words, " three sections".

focus of the sections as i was told -

one - soft/ relaxed focus, mind and body ( one could argue the most importand ;) ),

two - three figures - " round ", " flat ", " thin", and

three - " lion rolling ball " standing ma - yee chi kim yeung ma ?,

just curious, when i read it brought back memories,

cheers

fiercest tiger
01-06-2002, 06:36 AM
What do you study? Are you a YKM player?

Here is a link to an article i have on my webpage (not sure who wrote it). It has more information on what you have mentioned above - you might have read this before :)

YKM article (http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm/chi_kung.htm)

Who taught you this? If so what did you think of the internal sets?
how long did it take you learn?:)

bean curd
01-06-2002, 09:56 PM
FT,

thanks for the post, i should have checked it out before asking, would have answered my question without wasting your time.

do i study ykm ??, unfortunaitly i have not in a disciple way. it was through my sifu's name that i was able to participate in other things, and this was one of them.

it is just when i read your post i found it interesting you brought the name up.

fiercest tiger
01-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Thats cool bro, i only added this article yesterday so its new on my webpage.

sections are the way they discribe the system i think.

you can say 18 pushing palm section one , two, three!:D

who is your sifu and who taught you some ykm? what sifu of ykm?

thanks
:)

bean curd
01-07-2002, 12:52 AM
FT,

like to keep stuff like that to myself, but saying that there are those on this forum that know me, so i am not all that mysterious ;)

thing is coming to your part of the woods in june, so if no probs might pop in if ok with you.

better speaking in person over yum cha, than on open forum in regards to your questions

fiercest tiger
01-07-2002, 03:28 AM
No probs, please feel free to come and say hi!:) yum cha is my favourite so yes, your shout buddy! hahahaha

i totally understand about privacy, just holla when you get here or email me when your near coming.:D

Leonidas
01-07-2002, 03:54 PM
You guys are lucky. YKM seems like a really REALLY cool system. Exactly what other styles are it created from. Is it only Dragon and Pak Mei alone and did the creator add his own moves. Maybe if i'm lucky someday i'll learn it

fiercest tiger
01-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Hi mate,

Ykm is purely bak mei in origin but the beginning levels are a flavour of hung gar and bak mei, it uses the pak mei principles for everything!

I think its a very well rounded system, with good internal work as well as fast and explosive hand forms too!

I have students in Brooklyn doing my course, maybe you can to if you are interested. contact myself or buby from kfo here!

Any questions please feel free to ask me.:)

Take care
Garry aka FT