PDA

View Full Version : April 27 in Chicago?

MonkeySlap Too
12-28-2001, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know about this rumored tournament and what, if any San Da rules will be used?

Water Dragon
12-28-2001, 03:01 PM
:confused:

:mad:

:D

Shaolindynasty
12-29-2001, 08:55 AM
I requested some info from them awhile back but still haven't got anything. So I don't know what they will have. I think it will be the same as the one they had a year or 2 ago, and I think it was only a forms comp. I was considering going to watch but I don't like to compete much myself so I am not sure if I'd want to do that. Are you guys planning on going?

MonkeySlap Too
12-29-2001, 12:09 PM
Doubtful if there is no advance info. I live too far away. I have local students, but we'd need to plan ahead.

Royal Dragon
12-29-2001, 03:48 PM
Just find out when and where it whose running it.

straightblast5
12-29-2001, 04:19 PM
Second International Chicago Wushu-Gong Fu Tournament
April 27, 2002
Centre at North Park
10040 Addison, Franklin Park, IL USA

For more info, call the Chinese Gong Fu Institute at 773-728-8682 or email them at Zhang8228@aol.com

My father and I have been invited to run the traditional southern divisions (as we did two years ago). However, we have not received too much information on the event either. Also, I don't think there will be san shou/san da this year, but you should probably call Sifu Zhang yourselves to make sure.

Phil
Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association (http://www.ngfamilymartialarts.com)

Water Dragon
12-29-2001, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, weren't we supposed to get a regional San Da thing going? I've heard no word on this recently.

Shaolindynasty
12-30-2001, 08:08 AM
Me either. Saeksan was supposed to be getting that thing going. He said he was working on getting things together and he wanted the first one to be in Wisconsin so things were closer to his home and easier to manage. So you'd have to ask him about it, but I am sure it will take some time and money to get going.

hey straightblast5- I love the web site, is your school in chinatown? That's what I heard. I was actually thinking about checking it out somtime. Anyway what events did they have at the last tournament?

straightblast5
12-30-2001, 11:45 PM
Shaolindynasty,

Thanks for your compliments on our website. Our school is located in Chinatown, so you’re welcome to visit at anytime (when we’re open :)). Anyway, the usual events of traditional northern/southern external, internal, contemporary wushu, reaction skills (push hands, chi-sao) and light contact sparing took place last time and I’m sure the same will be taking place this April. However, please contact Sifu Zhang to be sure.

Phil

MonkeySlap Too
12-31-2001, 10:38 AM
No San Da...too bad.

saochoy10
12-31-2001, 02:47 PM
hey phil,
whats up bro? what have you been up? forgive me for not visiting you and your father lately since i've been home. rest assured i will soon. i'll come in and train with you guys for a bit when i get some free time. but anyways whats up with this wushu tourney in chicago? its the same one we were at 2 yrs ago right? well let me know whats up....i'll talk to you later.

hey shoalindynasty...i recommend checking out the ng family school. its a great place i've learned a lot from them there.

sao choy

straightblast5
01-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey Saochoy10,

yep, it's the same one, but I think the venue is a bit smaller this year. anyway, stop by when you can, we look forward to seeing you.

Phil