PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crashes in Queens

Water Dragon
11-11-2001, 04:56 PM
No info yet.

Water Dragon
11-11-2001, 05:02 PM
Supposedly American Airlines has confirmed that it was a 767. Buildings are on fire in the neighborhood.

Merryprankster
11-11-2001, 05:05 PM
MSNBC reports no evidence of Terrorism, yet.

Robinf
11-11-2001, 05:14 PM
Looks like an accident.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

[This message was edited by Robin on 11-12-01 at 07:38 AM.]

lkfmdc
11-11-2001, 05:16 PM
apparently was not a 767, was an "airbus" (no, I don't really know what that means) going to Domincan Republic

Witnesses are saying that something blew up before the plane went down

nothing is really known yet re whether it was a terrible accident or ...

shaolinboxer
11-11-2001, 05:25 PM
Yes, all of our airports tunnels and bridges are closed. NY at "Level 1" emergency status...no real info yet.

Felipe Bido
11-11-2001, 05:26 PM
My neighbor's niece was in that plane. Man, that's sad :(

-------------------------

No more D, buddy...No more D!- Tenacious D

lkfmdc
11-11-2001, 05:29 PM
"it was definitely on flame when it came down" is what a witness on CNN is saying right now...

no one knows anything, whatever we think is just thoughts, most in NYC probably fear the worse, I do I admit... either way though it is a tragedy regardless....

Water Dragon
11-11-2001, 05:33 PM
NEW YORK (CNN) -- An American Airlines jet with 255 people on board crashed Monday on takeoff from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The plane went down at 9:17 a.m. EST in the Rockways section of the New York City borough of Queens, about five miles from Kennedy Airport.

CNN confirmed the plane was American Airlines Flight 587 from New York to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The plane was a Boeing Airbus A300. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said the plane was carrying 246 passengers and nine crew members.

Asked if terrorism was suspected, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Bill Schumann said, "All options are open at this time. We have very limited information."

The Pentagon said surveillance fights were going on in the area and nothing unusual had been spotted.

At least four houses were on fire, and a huge plume of smoke could be seen rising from the site. The New York Fire Department dispatched 44 firetrucks and 200 firefighters to the scene.

All three New York City-area airports -- Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark -- closed after the crash, along with all the city's bridges and tunnels. Mayor Rudy Giuliani declared a Level One emergency, mobilizing all available police, fire and emergency personnel.

JWTAYLOR
11-11-2001, 06:00 PM
All of the "experts" on Fox news are saying that it is doubtfull that it is a terrorist attack.

That's "experts" with great sarcasm, BTW.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

[This message was edited by Jon Wayne Taylor on 11-12-01 at 08:09 AM.]

lkfmdc
11-11-2001, 06:26 PM
Part of me of course is afraid this is another terrorist attack.

But a few things give me some hope

1. The plane took off as scheduled at 9:15 and crahsed at 9:17. Assuming it was a bomb, I don't think a terrorist would rig a bomb to explode so close to teh scheduled take off time. Flights are delayed all the time, it could explode on the runway if they timed it so close.

2. It wasn't a "high profile" flight and it crashed in a working class neighborhood?

Ryu
11-11-2001, 06:53 PM
Felipe,
I'm sorry. :(

sigh...
Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Sharky
11-11-2001, 06:58 PM

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Bessho
11-11-2001, 07:20 PM
aint that the same piece of crap the us-gov & boeing is trying to sell to china? good thing there's the wto to ensure fairness :rolleyes:

Kristoffer
11-11-2001, 07:29 PM
Could it be terrorists? :confused: I dunno, seems like a bad spot to crash in I think. wouldnt they wanna go for somewhere were its alot more people like manhattan? it could be symbolic...
u know, like,, because the civilians in Afghanistan has suffered so much, they wanna give back at your civilians? But then they probebly would have crashed to somewhere with more people??

I dunno, seems like an accident.. I mean, the security at american airports must be very hard to get by now, right

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

wisdom mind
11-11-2001, 07:38 PM
i wonder when the first plane will be shot down by our fighter jets now that they do have clearance by congress to do so...

KC Elbows
11-11-2001, 07:40 PM
Although, if terrorists took the plane after take-off, I'm fairly sure everyone on the plane would rebel immediately. The terrorists shot themselves in the foot with the September 11th thing, as now no one is going to believe they would actually take a plane hostage, so everyone will fight for their lives.

That said, I don't feel terrorists had anything to do with this, but if they did, no passenger would let them complete their plan, IMHO.

Crimson Phoenix
11-11-2001, 07:56 PM
Dang, the law of series...it sucks...
On a lighter note, Airbus is the European counterpart and rival to Boeing...Boeing Airbus cannot exist, it would be like having a BMW-Mercedes car...I guess that would rule though :p

MonkeySlap Too
11-12-2001, 12:03 AM
Boeing doen't make the Airbus. The Europeans do.

Actually, Boeing is a pretty solid maufacturer.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

Kristoffer
11-12-2001, 12:06 AM
who cares?

ALL airplanes are safer than driving in your car. Did u know that?

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --

JWTAYLOR
11-12-2001, 12:08 AM
Especially if I'm driving.
Jon Wayne "Stay off the sidewalk" Taylor

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

tanglangman
11-12-2001, 02:35 AM
in the spirit of posting updates...i just heard that the pilot dumped his fuel load before the crash...it's looking more and more like an accident.

joedoe
11-12-2001, 02:48 AM
Not a good year for New York :(

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi