PDA

View Full Version : Chicken style

Former castleva
12-30-2001, 08:21 AM
I´ve heard it exists.
I wonder what is it like?

Felipe Bido
12-30-2001, 08:37 AM
In Hsing Yi there are two Chicken styles: Chicken Form and Fighting Chicken. The Chicken form imitates the quick steps of a chicken, combined with the pecking. The form emphasizes low stances and sinking of the weight.

The fighting Chicken has kicks and attacks of open palms. It imitates the intention of a fighting chicken when it jumps and attacks the enemy.

The forms are very quick and deceptive, with sudden changes of step and low stances. The attacks are perfomed with the elbows, fists and open palm, while the feet move at great speed.

I don't know if any other style has the chicken form, apart from Hsing Yi Chuan (Xinyiquan) and Xin Yi Liuhequan

Kristoffer
12-30-2001, 10:32 AM
not that I know.. maybe in pakua?

Kristoffer
12-30-2001, 10:32 AM
not that I know

David Jamieson
12-30-2001, 10:35 AM
Felipe- I am still laughing at your avatar :D

hahahahahaha...excellent.

nothing to say about chickens, other than the Hsing I connection but that's been done.

The hand form "chicken head" is worthy of note and it is found in many styles both internal and external.

peace

Chang Style Novice
12-30-2001, 03:11 PM
A small sampling of the many chicken styles, with instructions. (http://internet.cybermesa.com/~greywall/foodfolder/chicken_3/A_chick3.html)

diego
12-30-2001, 03:29 PM
in the jackie chan biography,hes talking about the 50s in Hong Kong,and he and his boy are talking about a certain girl,his buddys all like she a chicken/chicken head.

any1 know where that slang started???.

Kung,whats that hand formation like havent heard that one.

felipe,if you read the skunk style thread,then read what you wrote about hsing-chicken.
if i never heard of hsingyi before,i would think you were joking...

REALL QUICK FEETPLAY LIKE A CHICKEN STEPS,AND WE IMITATE WITH OUR HANDS THE PECKING OF ITS BEAK.
GO READ THE SKUNK THREAD,IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE YOUR JOKING.
PEACE

IVE GOT SOME MORE QUETIONS INABIT,just have to work on something first.:)

Felipe Bido
12-30-2001, 03:45 PM
Kung Lek- Glad you like it:D

Diego: As you know, the animal forms of Hsing Yi don't imitate the movements, but the intention of the animal. The movement called "Golden chicken eats rice" is a low straight fist with a fast motion.

I hope you've read the last PM I sent you, about weight distribution. Did you?;)

diego
12-30-2001, 03:48 PM
i'l get back to you tonight most likly,eating breakfast-slight hungover,so uno

diego
12-30-2001, 04:06 PM
slight? on sunlu til later:D

African Tiger
12-30-2001, 06:54 PM
there's the very popular Southern Fried Chicken, mainly practiced in kitchens of the American South... :D

Ah, what do you know from funny?

fa_jing
12-31-2001, 10:51 AM
I can't leave you to be ignorant, man. You asked about money-grubbing women "chickenheads." OK, visualize the way a chicken moves its head, when walking or eating seeds off the ground. Now, imagine a possible tactic used by a woman to get what they want out of a man, who does not really have feelings for this man. Can you say F-e-l-l-a-t-i-o?

Man I shouldn't be involved in this conversation, but I couldn't resist.

-FJ

norther practitioner
12-31-2001, 01:37 PM
Try to find the movie Death Duel of the Mantis. It has a movie fu style that is of the chicken. (I have it at home, I think it is in the Brooklyn Zoo collection).