PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on Iron Palm

The Power
12-30-2001, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone, Hope everybody had a good holiday. Im just starting to train in Iron Palm. I tried James Lacys videos, but i thought they where a joke. I am now trying Brian Grays Method and find it to be better. Does anyone train or know of someone who can help me through some of the harder stuff? Thank you all for your time.:)

EARTH DRAGON
12-30-2001, 02:24 PM
I would be happy to answer any questions and help you in any way I can. I have been training iron palm for about 4 years under one of brian grey top students john newberry. He is in our system now and I invited him to give a seminar at my school in 1996. He is very impressive and a great source for inforamtion concerning iron palm. Have you made your own jow yet? be careful but it is quite expensive to purchase brian's jow in those little bottles. and when you see the recipe that he allows the general public to see it is missing some key ingrediants that make the jow potent. But again if I can help let me know take care E.D PS here is a picture of john performing a great break.....

The Power
12-30-2001, 05:08 PM
E.D. Thank you for your help.... Do you know how I might be able to get ahold of him.....E-mail or phone? Thanks for the pic That was an awesome break!!:)

EARTH DRAGON
12-31-2001, 10:55 AM
I dont think he has a computer or accsess to the internetr, and for the sake of privacy I am not at liberty to give out his home phone # over the internet. I hope you understand. But just out of curiousity why would you want to get ahold of him?

The Power
12-31-2001, 02:57 PM
I would just like to know if I had any problems or questions I could turn to someone who had experance for help.:)

EARTH DRAGON
01-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Why dont you ask your teacher? I would first take the advice from the person that is teaching me iron palm before that of a stranger.... You can feel free to ask questions on this board but realize that not a lot of people out here have a lot of experience when it comes down to it but there is some very knowldgeable people on this board but you have to sift through the wannabies and the know it alls to find them. I do have a few people out here with whom I trust and learn from their posts and wise words and they know who they are for I have told them so , If you need help I do know who to ask.... good luck

The Power
01-01-2002, 03:31 PM
E.D.
My Shifu really dosent do Iron Palm. If he does hes not talking right now. I can break a block now, but I'm haveing a hard time breaking the bottom and not the top. Any ideas?

EARTH DRAGON
01-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Ohh you have already trained your palm, I didnt know that I just thought that you were starting out, sorry.

As for selctive breaking you must learn total control of your chi. When you have cultivated and moved your chi properly your next goal it to send or shoot your chi. This will allow you to control the break thus selective breaking can be performed. mind you this takes years or practice and cannot be done easily but with palm warming and palm turning excersises you can do it.with practice.

fiercest tiger
01-11-2002, 05:03 AM
lacy can break coconuts, thats harder than the concrete!

what didnt you like about lacys iron palm?

Syre
01-11-2002, 05:19 AM
Check this page out: http://www.karatebreaking.com/links.html

It has a link to Sifu John Newberry's site, http://www.prayingmantiskungfu.com/

which has his email address: johnmantis62@aol.com

Google can come in handy if you know how to use it!