PDA

View Full Version : Best Protein Drink?

lowsweep
12-30-2001, 06:11 PM
What are the best protein drinks/bars? Are there any good ones that don't taste awful? I have never used protein powders before, but I am doing more weight training and a couple cans of tuna and some eggs just isn't enough anymore. I went to www.proteinfactory.com but I was a little overwhelmed at all the different kinds of protein. I am doing some powerlifting and just want to gain muscle.

TjD
12-30-2001, 06:32 PM
its cheap and does the trick for me :) i gained about 15 pounds in 1 semester of school (and from what i could tell it was all muscle)

peace
travis

PHILBERT
12-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Stay away from Biotest and super cheap stuff. If it is like really cheap, it will taste like crap.

Go to the Kung Fu Training and Health board and do a search for protein drinks, or even ask the question to get some suggestions for good ones.

I myself use EAS Protein, got it for $35, about 8 lbs worth of it.

Silumkid
12-31-2001, 12:39 AM
If you have a MaxMuscle near you, go there. I highly recommend them. Their line of stuff is good quality, and they sell others as well, typically at about half the price that GNC sells things.

From MaxMuscle, I like: Max Excel, Max High 5

Asia
12-31-2001, 07:11 AM
Actually you should experiment and find what is best for you. Some pple can't handle really rich protein drinks so you will have to shop around.

For good homemade protein source. Take some Oatmeal crack in about 2~3 eggs mix add some milk, nuke it and enjoy. By plenty of air freshener when it comes out the other end. :D