PDA

View Full Version : I need some book advice

Tongue_of_Colibob
12-30-2001, 06:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone has read "Roots and Branches of Wing Tsun" by leung ting. Is this guy as fake as everyone says he is?

Anyways, Im thinking of buying the book. is it anygood?

Jesse

yuanfen
12-30-2001, 07:09 PM
I am not sure whether you are trolling from Bothell Way.
(I have caddied ages ago in Inglewood Golf and Country Club-
possibly before you were born.). Interlineage discussions of
legitimacy are generally not productive. Visit schools and make up your own mind. It is generally more productive to discuss how things are done in different lineages and the reasoning involved.
Your profile doesnt say much about yourself. Curious- who is your sifu- why not ask him or her?

cobra
12-30-2001, 08:09 PM
Very informative, I would say that by the time you're done reading it, you would have no questions. Or, at least by then you'll have your own opinion, which will at least be based on more than what someone else says that is in turn based on what someone told them. Good luck and happy reading!

Scott

CanadianBadAss
12-30-2001, 08:14 PM
Tsui Sheng Tin and leung ting are they same guy right?
Who is "everyone" you little *****? Visit my school, it isn't too far from seattle. My sifu is a student of Tsui Sheng Tin, and he accepts challenges, so come find out for yourself what is fake and what is not.

Tongue_of_Colibob
12-30-2001, 09:08 PM
Sorry. Didnt mean to stir up any trouble. I was at a forum at vingtsun.com.hk and Leung Ting didnt seem to popular, so I just assumed.....

Again, no disrespect to anyone....I didnt want to offend...

yuanfen
12-30-2001, 09:36 PM
"Tsui Sheng Tin and leung ting are they same guy right? "

No no no!

vingtsun.com.hk

Hopeless site and hopeless source of any reliable info.
The administration of that site fell asleep a long time ago.
Practically everyone gets bashed there sometime or the other
and posts even by really abnormal folks are never moderated.
Gets repetitive and boring fast. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tongue_of_Colibob
12-30-2001, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the website.

btw, my Sifu is Rodney Lam, out of the Hawaii WC assc.

He learned from Robert Yeung and Au Chi Keung, if that means anything to ya.

Jesse

CanadianBadAss
12-30-2001, 09:48 PM
oh... I thought Sheng Tin and leung ting might just be diffrent english spellings for the same name... sorry about that, I gues I take back that challenging thing too... And your profile also says you're 15, so that wouldn't really be a fair fight anyhow... However, if you're into full contact sparing, UFC rules, next time you're up in vancouver email me, or post it on here, and we can fight, oh and I'm 15 too, so it'll be pretty fair....

yuanfen
12-30-2001, 09:48 PM
One of your sigung's major students is on this list and comments from time to time. I have watched your sigung hold classes in the old Honolulu YMCA-now gone I believe. He taught well.
Welcome to the conversations- wild at times but not as crazy as the hk site.

Tongue_of_Colibob
12-30-2001, 11:16 PM
CBA- Sounds good. Ive never done any really hardcore sparring before, so if im in your area, Ill let you know.

YF- Are you talking about John D. Virgilio, or Gordon?

yuanfen
12-31-2001, 02:10 AM
John D is very knowledgeable. I dont know who your Gordon is.