PDA

View Full Version : Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jon
01-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Its at the Chinese Gardens in Darling Harbour.
Its just tooo cool:cool:

Its put me in a really happy mood today:D :) :D

Tae Li
01-24-2002, 04:44 AM
Im coming with you!!!!!!! tell me when and where and hopfully mt scedule is free...im so jealous, its time I got my act together and learnt some bagua.

We can arrange if will go together if you like or if il meet you there, doesnt matter, i just hope the timing is god for me........

btw........you need to get your confidence back?????? give me a break! lol

:D

Tae Li;)

you watch ponds full of fish???? thats exactly what I need........
seriously......

Silumkid
01-24-2002, 04:09 PM
OK Li Lian Jie - ites...here's something I'm interested in asking.

What do you think is Jet Li's WORST movie?

Answers such as "All of them" or "None of them" are automatically disqualified for being thoughtless, non-imaginative answers and will result in your being flamed on any thread you post on for a week with the disclaimer that the flame is because of your brainless attempt at non-humor on this thread. Seriously though, really give it some thought...we all have actors/actresses and writers or whatever that we feel has done consistently great or consistently bad work. But they all have one that is SO HORRIBLY BAD that you embarrassed by seeing it. So fans, haters, anybody and everybody....chime in (thoughtfully and intelligently)!

I don't really want to have to chase you around for a week but I will if I have to.

jon
01-25-2002, 06:35 AM
Ive spent the last four days strait training there, he teaches in the mourning from 9.30 till 12 and then we go grab lunch and come back from 2-4 im learning stacks and having a great time:D My whole body feels like a giant spring thats been bounced to much and not given enough oil. May sound wierd but if you had gone though my week you would fully understand;)
He teaches every day so thats what im doing:) Anytime you want to come just let me know and ill either give you a lift or meet you there.
Bagua SOOOOOO rocks, its like i already knew it and im getting it back after a long time. I can even find many things is common with my Hung dragon training.
Anyway enough of me spilling dribble about how great my new kung fu is:D

Silumkid
I would have to say..... Last hero in China - Its got a few good fights but the overall movie is just so bad its hillarious. The acting is appaling the wirework is way overused and that darn chicken kung fu! I swear ill never get that image of Jet Li clucking like a chicken out of my mind!!!
I didnt like some of his newer ones that much either but there no where as poorly prodused as LHIC.

Tae Li
01-26-2002, 01:38 AM
Jon........il DEF. get back to you about it, but you know I mean I do tkd, so its gonna be likemy whole Tae Chi exp. again.....but I get the hang of this stuff fairly quickly which is good.

Anyway.....hey!! no more picking on Jet??????? His website hasnt been updated for yonks!!!! his crew prob sitaround chatting all day over coffee, wish they would print all my 'very bizarre' fan questions, that ought to spice up his web page!!!

I now think that there is a chance he has seen this thread, I mean SOMEONE in the industry must have know about kung fu forums and brouse them occassionally to see all the latest kung fu goss and im sure they would have at least mentioned theres a really really really long thread happening about HIM!!

oh well..............:rolleyes:

i know i know, i bore myself sometimes!!!!

please excuse all the errors on this post. blah blah blah

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-28-2002, 12:42 PM
But Tae....you didn't answer my question....:(

Oh well....anyhow, my least favorite Jet movie has to be.....(drum roll)......(pause for dramatic effect)......(wait for it)....

Romeo Must Die. Now, I still own it and it's an OK movie but it's my least favorite because I really can't stand that type of MTV music video fight scene editing. I want to see what's going on, not just a cut shot of Jet's face looking mad and then some blurred action and then a reaction shot of the bad guy and then some feet kicking around and then another reaction shot. I want to see technique, I want to see some contact! Those long track shots in Fist of Legend were awesome and really added to the scope of the film.

So there you have it....flame away. :D

Tae Li
01-28-2002, 03:34 PM
ummmmmm, i honestly dont know what my least fav Jet movie is ..................so theres really no need for the drum role and all that!! I wi sh there was one but im not too sure there is......... maybe just maybe it would have been ummmmmmmm the swordsman flcks, only cos I didnt know that well when i watched them ages and ages ago snd you know all about first impressions and stuff..I dont know. I love allllllllllll his movies!!!thats why Im the host of this thread, but he does have some pretty bad camera shots in some of his movies that make you wana cringe!!

Like in The One, when, at the beg of the movie he is in his jail cell and he has that gross look on his face, realy makes you want to look away before you get turned off!!!! yeah, i can talk more about bad camera shots....thats interesting.....:)

Tae Li;)

prana
01-28-2002, 04:00 PM
<hiding>

I also didnt like Romeo Must Die.

</hiding>

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 04:14 PM
I'm going with the Black Mask, all the short shots and stuff, plus the rediculous heart surgery scene.

To be honest, I couldn't stop laughing all the way through that movie, my friends were like "Dude, we're in a theater full of martial artists" but from the moment they showed him glare at a tank, I was just rolling.

[INSERT BACKPEDAL NOW]

But of course, Jet Li was awesome in that movie.

jon
01-28-2002, 10:59 PM
The 'scriptures of doctor Wai' was another total shocker, i have to agree with the commen premice that he really does suit period peices MUCH better than modern storys.
Romeo Must Die was pretty shocking too:eek: I never did get over the way they used wires it just totaly ruined the movie. It makes sence in old style movies becouse there based on a particular style of film making eg Crouching Tiger.
In RMD it was just totaly out of place and ruined the feel of the film.
I actualy really liked swordsman 2 and number 1, there both fairy tales but they also delve a lot into things which are not quite so unreal. They really push the limit between what was and was not possible. Most of the skills in that movie are based in reality and then exagerated out of proportion.
I think 'The One' was actualy his best movie for quite a while, im itching to see it again. Especialy since ive taken up Bagua now:)

hehe i was surprised to be reminded about Black Mask as well, i had almost managed to wipe that film from my mind:rolleyes:
That was another example of shocking film making. Worst part is there was some genuine talent involved in production, which makes me wonder if they didnt throw the movie on purpose:confused:

prana
01-28-2002, 11:04 PM
It is as if use of wires have gone backwards 20 years, instead of becoming better. I think Hollywood is really poor at making a real KungFu movie. I havent seen a really good one quite yet.

For starters, a half an hour, fight to the bone and last drop of blood, fighting scene is needed.

Tae Li
01-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Ok, the story lines in the Sriptures of Dr Wai was abit 'iffy', but still you have to admit they had great fight scenes.

And although Jet's latest hollywood movies are attracting a great deal of people even those 'non-martial artists' who are simply there for the action, there quite good considering all the special effects and brilliant fight scenes, but nonetheless, they still carry an unatural quality, which is why hollywood will never excel at kungfu movies compared to HongKong.

All I can say, is lets wait till 'Hero' comes out and pray that its as fantastic as 'Fist of Legend' was, or something similar to it in content.:)

phew!

yeah, and black mask was ok, I think thats one of the movies where Jet comes closest to being wth a woman...but then again its been a while since ive seen it.

BUT in Romeo Must Die, I could have died myself, when he dresses like a street kid with Alliyah and they enter the dance club and JET ACTUALLY STANDS THERE AND MOVES HIS ASS ALITTLE!!!

he was absolutely kissable in that scene!!!! and yes, I am sober!:D

so, I sent Jet a fan mail asking him or his crew to check out the forum and to look for the longest thread on the forum called "Li Lian Jie" started under the user name 'Tae Li'. so what do you think? think they will check it out or what???????? :confused:

so people, behave yourselves and talk about his style and movies as much as possible, cos that is what he loves, FEEDBACK on his movies!! so lets give it to him, from martial artists themselves.

Tae Li;)

KC Elbows
01-29-2002, 04:30 PM
I think that the hollywood pictures he's been in suffer from two things, and this is speculation, but I'm going with it.

1) Hollywood does not have experience making such films.

2) The scripts are weak, and, being in english, Jet does not yet have the ability to differentiate good english scripts from bad.

What Jet needs is someone with a good eye to go over potential scripts with him. After all, it'd be a shame if such a skilled martial artist were relegated to VanDamme status as far as the hollywood film making culture goes. He is soooo much better than the bulk of martial arts actors, but most people will never see his skill in the west because the movies won't attract their attention.

The man has as much potential to fulfill in western movies as he had in the hong kong movies early on. He could do a lot more. I hope it happens.

KungFuGuy!
01-30-2002, 01:24 AM
Jet Li is awesome. I haven't read about 90% of this thread, so I don't know if his site was linked yet. If not, check out www.jetli.com
It has a full biography, including his training, his family, and how he started into movies. A very interesting read.

Tae Li
01-30-2002, 05:08 AM
KungfuGuy............are you kidding??? we have come this far with a thread strictly dedicated to Jet Li himself and you think that we failed to mention his website???????/ I dont think so!!!! its been mentioned many times before and we have basically covered EVERYTHING and anything!:D

But thanks so much for the insight, and yes you are spot on, Jet Li is awsome!!!!:)

And I know that you mentioned him again on the other thread about the greatest martial artists, so thanx again man!!! you make lots of sense which is what i like!!

Hey SilumKid, whered you go? I need feedback......

Silumkid
01-30-2002, 04:00 PM
I'm still around...I was away this weekend attending my sister's wedding. I also managed to pop a nerve in left shoulder AGAIN! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm pretty much in agreement with KC Elbows here...Hollywood movie standards are far different than Hong Kong standards. In my view, Hong Kong movies are all about the techniques, Hollywood is all about the power. What I mean by this is, American heroes tend to be the "one punch knockout" types while Hong Kong heroes rely on speed, wit, etc. (Not that they don't show tremendous power as well...Tai Chi Master has Jet KO'ing guys with his head! :D But at least the nastys can tolerate it better and in many cases are more powerful than the hero!)

I feel that Hong Kong is also more apt to let their heroes be human, whereas Hollywood heroes are "too cool to be bothered". It makes a big difference in whether we care what happens to the characters or not.

I REALLY enjoyed Dr. Wai and The Scripture with No Words. I felt this was a great film and worked perfectly within the confines of the premise. One of my favorites.

Black Mask...well, as a pure fantasy it works. I think this was a great idea marred by a few bad points. I really liked how they touched upon the fact that Jet's 'non-feeling' effected him on a personal level (at least I got that impression)....

More later....cheers!

Tae Li
02-04-2002, 03:23 AM
have you guys got any idea what page this thread was on????

People people!!!!! we have to keep this thread going....come on, if we cant do it for ourselves then l ets do it for the man himself...

:eek:

Tae Li;)

Crimson Phoenix
02-04-2002, 06:40 AM
Did you guys see the US version of Black Mask? Or the HK version?? Cause the US version has been tortured...Wait until you get "Shaolin Soccer" in the US (amputated, hip-hopized, and renamed "Kung Fu Soccer", thanks Miramax...biatch), and compare with the HK version...oohhh, scary, and sad...actually, you know, I still think the only real US movie that was faithful to HK's cinema industry in terms of inventivity, scope and treatment was "Big Trouble in Little China"...since then, no one in the US has been able to do a HK-style movie without ending with a sad rip-off, when it's not just a plain awful and pityful movie (who said Romeo Must Die??).
Jet, if you read this GO BACK TO HONG KONG!!! FLEE!! FLEE HOLLYWOOD!!! CALL YUEN, TSUI, LAU, WHOEVER YOU WANT? EVEN WONG JING, BUT JUST GO BACK AND DO GOOD MOVIES AGAIN!!
Don't thank me, Lian Jie (by the way, Tae Li, technically you cannot really write "Li Lian lover"...either you just call him by his name of Li, either if you want to specify which one it is in the middle of the half billion of Li on earth call him Li Lian Jie, or just Lian Jie if you're close enough...but you can't say Li Lian...hehehehehehhe)

Tae Li
02-04-2002, 03:47 PM
Gee, sorry Crimson, I forgot we were dealing with an expert....:p

Tae Li;) aka Li Lian Jie lover;)

red5angel
02-04-2002, 03:51 PM
19 pages of how cute Jet is Tae Li!!!!! I am thinkin we should all pitch in to get this girl a date with Jet!!!!

red5angel
02-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Tae Li if you havent been informed there is a picture of Jet as a child in the latest KungFu/Qigong. The article on Aiping Cheng has a picture of her in the Chinese national Wuchu Team, she is right behind Jet!

Crimson Phoenix
02-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Nah, I'm far from being an expert :p :D it's just some rules to handle chinese names in a proper way...so when you get a date with him, he'll be impressed of your usage of chinese customs and you'll score high on the seduction scale hheheheh
I just wish you that one day you can call him Lian Jie, because that would mean you're close enough to be his wife ;)
Hurry though, he's already in his 40's :)

Silumkid
02-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Nope, he's not in his forties....he just turned 36 or 37 I think.

I saw both versions of "Black Mask" and the American one was wrecked out! But at least we have things like that to remind us what poor editing can do to a movie.

Tae Li
02-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
19 pages of how cute Jet is Tae Li!!!!! I am thinkin we should all pitch in to get this girl a date with Jet!!!!

Gee....you sure about that?:rolleyes:

and it hasne ALL been hpw cute he is.....theres some fairly important discussion in these pages....read other peoples posts, not mine!!!! lol

yes, well, hopefully i will be able to call him Lian Jie one day, and I dont care how old he gets, Il make sure i see him at least once and he will NEVER EVER forget that crazy girl....(me).:D

so who has the best connections? come on boys, show us where your power lies.....in the media industy that is........

Tae Li
02-07-2002, 05:14 AM
my spelling errors are shocking these days!:eek:

shaolinboxer
02-07-2002, 08:09 AM
When I was in Hawaii on the Jackie Chan Aloha Tour, I had the opportunity to met Wu Bin, Jet's old coach, and the Beijing Wushu team (in 1998).

Perhaps it's just my ignorant American opinion, but talk about repression and ridiculous amounts of pressure.

At night, some members of the team would sneak out of their rooms (by climbing out their windows) and have a few beers with us...telling us what its like to be on the team. It gave me new perspective on the old "it's my way or the highway".

Little examples I witnessed.....we stopped at a mall to dine in the food court, but all of the wushu team players have to eat at the same place, even if the place they would like to eat is right next door and they'll all be sitting together anyway. They all dress the same, they are not allowed to sit down so they sit in this wierd squatting postion on their feet, and they all have the same minidisk player, which they are allowed to listen to a very low volume only in one ear.

And this surprised me...the secret to their speed with weapons and jumping ability is....weightlifting! Squats, barbells, benchpress...they have huge legs.

Wu Bin was officially retired already and the teams official coach was this freaky giant white woman. The only thing he said to us (through our sifu's translation) was to only practice basics and not to worry about advanced forms. Sounds very kung fu, but it is also a great way to remind Americans that the chinese own wushu.

By the end of the tour, they wouldn't even sit on the same bus with us.

This gave me some perspective on Jet.

Tae Li
02-08-2002, 11:58 PM
Holy crap, thats strict!!!:eek:

but regardless that it may gve you some perspective on Jet and all, i still think he is different, i mean i cant explain it, but he is.

But yeah, i agree when you say that the Chinese wil always own wushu, no doubt about it. They are without doubt the very best at that style, and its the circumstances that you described which makes them so good.

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
02-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Sounds pretty militaristic. We had what would seem like "insane" restrictions placed on us in the Marine Corps as well, but once you finish, it makes sense. A strict training regimen coupled with control of your personal time and full government financial backing sounds like a secret to success to me. There are far less distractions to training when you don't have to worry about other things.

Tae Li
02-14-2002, 08:04 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!! MY THREAD WAS ON PAGE 5!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

ok, now im desperate....who wants to start me? come on!! give me any argument about Jet li and we will get straight into it? otherwise does anyone have any latest goss?

ive got The One on dvd and Ive watched it about 100 times, but I cannot get enough of when he says" she is my center, she makes me whole", ahhhhhhhhhhhh.:)

Im in shock...i had to go through 5pages before i found my thread. whats going on?

ok, be honest people, is my thread losing its touch? but how can Jet Li lose his touch? not possible.....

Tae Li aka Lian Jie lover.

so whos still up for setting me up? you people are all talk no action... some one must have connections on this forum!!!! i just want to see Li Lian Jie in person... thats all, and then il take it from there. Jet Li was MY valentine...and yes i have gone a bit mental, but im OK.
;)

Tae Li
02-23-2002, 03:22 AM
There is no way my thread (my record thread that is) s going to the back of the book, so please guys help it stick to the front.....:(

PLUS i really want to know why Jet Li is married to a SECOND woman????? what happened to the first wife? ive always known that he married a second time but never really knew why... it only recently occured to me that this man is far too good to be true, even as a husband, so what happened with his marriage the first time???? it MUST have been the wife!

Does anyone know?

need responses asap!

Tae Li;)

jon
02-23-2002, 03:59 AM
Hello pilrgim where have you been?
You cant blame us for the thread becouse you havent been here to keep it going either:p
I saw The One again the other day.
After doing so much of the internal lately i wanted to see it again when i knew better what i watching.
Anyway what you been up ta? Long time and i havent heard from you, still im partly to blame for that as well.
Hope your training is going well and ill get in contact with you soon.

I have no idea about Jets wifes im sorry, proberly has something to do with him being ghey:p :mad: :rolleyes:

Wishing you well
Jon

jon
02-23-2002, 04:02 AM
HEY!!!
Where did you get The One on DVD from???
I want it!
I just like the part where one is training Bagua and the other Xing Yi.
I had that song "let the bodys hit the floor" on my brain all afternoon, made me look like a real fool infront of the girl i saw it with:(
I dont think she liked all the hurting and the explosions:rolleyes:
She DID like the necklace though, im looking for one now;)

Tae Li
02-23-2002, 01:41 PM
lol! Jon! If u find a necklace that looks like THAT, i want one too!!!!

And il trade ya for The One cd, although the necklace might be a little more expensive.... but im SERIOUS! I WANT THAT NECKLACE!

So how is your bagua training going? i wish i started with you when you did, but im going back to uni in one week, so now il never get a chance! havent been training lately, to preoccupied with other stuff im afraid.

yes, well firstly he is NOT ghey! but does anyone know the story with his wives or what??????? silumkid should know.. i think.

give me a cal soon dragon and we will catch up... but in the meantime keep looking for that necklace for BOTH of us girls!

lol, il just tel everyone Jet Li gave it to me... i crack myself up...no really.

Tae Li;)

Sho
02-23-2002, 05:23 PM
Anybody know the name of the song played in Nan Bei Shaolin at the particular part where Zhi Ming runs away to the plains past the river when he finds out that Si Ma Yan will be his future wife, because he has the foot-bell that matches Si Ma Yan's bell? The song continues quite long, until Zhi Ming's lian gong master finds him. Thanks.

Silumkid
02-25-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, you would think that would be the case since I met her, but unfortunately, it's not true. :(

As I remember, she didn't speak much English, and I always get real shy around pretty girls anyhow...so no luck. Sorry to be empty handed on this one, kiddo.

The One on DVD comes out my stateside soon. Can hardly wait. Watched Kiss of the Dragon with Jet's commentary the other day. Some interesting stuff in there. Check it out if you get the chance. Bridget Fonda sounds like she fell in love with him too!

Tae Li
02-25-2002, 05:44 PM
I BET SHE DID!!!!!!!;)

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-03-2002, 11:47 AM
I go back to uni today, i havent really had much time to update mt little thread here but i will get around to it, anyway, Jet Li still hasnt replied to a question i sent to his fanmail.... apparently he is still in Chinal filming hero... it better be a good movie, cos they are sure takng a hell of a long time with it. I can just picture the fight scenes now.... and him...and the fight scenes...and him..

ok ok, so im printing off the best pics of him and sticking a diff pic on each book for uni, so that when i get sick of seeing the persons face in front i can just look down and see the love of my life Lian Jie infront of me... see? he does manage to rescue me after all.. hehehe, hey its really early in the morning, give me a break.

wheres Jon? havent you got anything nasty to say? my thread although I hate to admit it is getting borrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg...help?

Prana...hey!

Silumkid...hey again...

Tae Li ;)

Tae Li
03-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Yuen
Anybody know the name of the song played in Nan Bei Shaolin at the particular part where Zhi Ming runs away to the plains past the river when he finds out that Si Ma Yan will be his future wife, because he has the foot-bell that matches Si Ma Yan's bell? The song continues quite long, until Zhi Ming's lian gong master finds him. Thanks.

sorry Yuen, i can try and find out for you, but maybe somebody else knows in the meantime????

Tae Li;)

jon
03-03-2002, 08:47 PM
I would try and be nasty but im in a good mood, give me time im sure that will change.
Nothing ever remains the same - I know that.

I dont have any Jet related news so ill give you some personal truma instead...

I have to perform Bagua for a dinner my sifu is holding for the Australian\Chinese cultural and kung fu association.
There is proberly going to be a couple of hundred people there and most of them kung fu exponents and members of the Chinese community. I wont be alone as there are several styles performing but ive been tasked with doing the Bagua form and some practical work as well.
Im litteraly starting to shake like a nervous wreck right now just thinking about it.
I have two weeks to prepare and im practicing hard as hell, i just hope i represent us well:(

All the best i hope your doing well and training is going well for you.
Jon

Tae Li
03-05-2002, 03:59 PM
ohh ohh ohh news.....

its not much, but theyve changed the homepage of Jet Li's website.... the layout I mean.

Theres a pic of him in the background... he is looking towards the ground with a humble expression on his face.... i felt a pang in my heart when i saw it.

www.jetli.com

Silumkid
03-06-2002, 01:26 PM
I sent something to his site as well....also not yet answered that I know of. But, they did send me a couple test emails. I thought that was kinda cool. Nothing like opening my email and seeing "@jetli.com" in my inbox!

Tae Li
03-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Silumkid
I sent something to his site as well....also not yet answered that I know of. But, they did send me a couple test emails. I thought that was kinda cool. Nothing like opening my email and seeing "@jetli.com" in my inbox!

I knooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww, its the best sight in the world!!! i get so excited its not funny! i llok like a kid getting her first icecream! hehehe

well i was on the forum all of the last night on his sight and basically i posted on ALOT of the threads, plus im trying to hit a record with one specific thread titled "you know yu are obsessed with Jet when...." go to:

http://www.jetli.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=13297&forum=1

CHECK IT OUT!!! PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!! ITS GREAT AND ALLLLL BASED ON TRUTH!!

CATCH U GUYS LATER

Tae LI;)

Sho
03-06-2002, 03:26 PM
Sure, Tae Li. Interesting discussion, yet it's getting quite wild. :)

Tae Li
03-06-2002, 03:29 PM
no no Yuen, im signed in also as Tae Li. go and check ot out now, you will see mt name. im a fairly new memeber because i was more preoccupied with kungfu forum and my OWN jet li thread, but if he is going to puy one and two together then he will eventually realise that the Tae Li on this forum is the Tae Li on HIS forum.

get it?

Tae Li;)

Sho
03-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Yeah, sorry. I just thought that you were the thread starter. :)

Tae Li
03-06-2002, 03:36 PM
unfortunately i wasnt, they beat me to it, but give me time and i will rule the ENTIRE JET LI FORUM... AHAHAHHAHAHA (evil laugh)

oh sh!t im at uni and im late for class!!!

not good not good at all!

Tae Li;)

Sho
03-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Hehe, sure you will. Take care. I should probably go to sleep now, it's already over midnight.

Tae Li
03-06-2002, 03:41 PM
GOODNIGHT YUEN! IM GOING TO CLASS! my obsession with Jet is taking over ........

Tae Li;)

jon
03-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Does anybody have any clips of Jet doing the internals?
Ive got a very brief one of him learning a little Tai Chi but im interested if he ever took it up properly.
Incidently does anyone know of any traditional styles Jet is trained in?
Wushu seems to be pretty much his fortay but i cant believe he has never learnt a traditional system as well.

Tae Li
03-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Jon...

I got a website where he performs flips and swords or something as a kid, i havent seen it properly myself yet, but i will.

do you want it?

He is just a kid in it though...

Tae Li;)

jon
03-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Hi Tae Li
Yeah ive got that already actualy :)
I really want to see him doing some internals, ive since ive started training in them ive been noticing he uses a lot of internal principals in his movements.
His power generation for eg is often quite similar to Bagua and his applications often look similar to Tai Chi.
Kinda interested to find out exactly what he has and hasnt studied extensively.

I still cant find that darn necklace :(

Tae Li
03-07-2002, 05:07 AM
I dont think that you will find it in australia at least Jon buddy!

plus can i just say 3003 views!!! wow!! guys it gotta be a record!!

i cannot believe that Jet has not yet atleast acknowledged this thread!! I wish he would just send me a private email saying he has read the thread and he thinks im insane and uncontrollably obsessed! that would do just fine!!! heheheh

Tae Li;) aka Lian Jie lover!

dezhen2001
03-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Hey Tae Li,

you wanted me to post here :) Well, at least it gets the thread back to the top...

I'm not as big a Jet fan as many of you guys here - just like gong fu/action movies in general. Actually i'm more a fan of Jackie :p Have quite an extensive collection of Chan movies (40+ <--- so sad!). I'm building up my Jet Li collection as well (10+).

Well, gotta get back to my Uni lecture now... it's so boring :(

david

Sho
03-07-2002, 07:51 AM
jon,

Jet sure practiced quite much Tai Chi in the wushu academy along with his mainly focused externals, but I'm quite sure that most of them, if not all, were simplified and modern forms. Though he has learned traditional arts from the "elders" too. I'd also like to know more about his experience in other styles of traditional martial arts.

Silumkid
03-07-2002, 05:04 PM
I'll have to look at them again to see which one it is but I do have some video of Jet Li doing Sun style Tai Chi with my sifu's Tai Chi teacher. There has also been whispers of Jet being sent specifically to study Baguazhang and Hsing-I during his wushu days because it was specifically his "flavor"...Wu Bin was a very big believer in wushu performers making the forms "theirs" and not running through them robotically like many do nowadays. Anyhow, I cannot remember the names of the masters Jet was supposed to have studied with. I'll try to find it.

Tae Li
03-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I desperately want to learn bagua and xinyi!!! you dont understand!!!

but now im back at uni and i dont have any time!!!!

Everytime i get for uni done im gonna ingulge myself by watching every Jet Li movie ever made, and you know im just gonna teach myself from the tele. I mean heaps of people learn forms from the televison. I reckon im gonna start seaching for Chinese videos where they demonstrate bagua and zinyi forms or something like that.

My Tae Chi is rusty as well.....

Tae Li
;)

jon
03-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Tae Li
"I desperately want to learn bagua and xinyi!!! you dont understand!!!
but now im back at uni and i dont have any time!!!! "
* We train seven days a week every morning so you gots no excuses young lady:p
Seriously i want you to come along one day and have a look its really eye opening. Ive been hard on the practical applications and they are brilliant. He also teaches the 'old' form of Yang style as well as the simplified version. The simplified (what we first learnt) is dead simple compared but it still gives a good base.
The full long form is basicaly just kung fu, albiet done a little slower. Its also very difficault, i found Bagua much easyer to come to grips with. Although my teachers Tai Chi is as he admits better than his Bagua.
Anyway you have to come along and learn some more internals they are just too cool. Im blatently addicted to them at the moment :)

Silumkid
I think i may have that short clip your talking about, if you can find the names of Jet Lis teachers that would be great. Im really interested if he ever trained traditional.

Yuen
Im pretty sus that most of Jets kung fu is the 'modern' version although occasionaly when he moves you can see elements of traditional structure and power generation as well.
My sifu has shown me the difference between pre 50s Tai Chi and post 50s. I tried not to cry, then when i found out i would be learning the old version.... BIG SMILE:D

Tae Li
03-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Jon

wednesdays i got off, you got yourself a deal.

im comin with ya!

Tae Li;)

oooooooh, now im excited!!!!!!

jon
03-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Tae Li
Ok sounds like a good plan, ill get in contact with you soon and sort out details :)

Tae Li
03-08-2002, 03:46 AM
you what i think? i reckon we have broken a record on this forum!

And i also think that the people who are in chrage or whatever should let us know whats the longest running thread...

I would so love it if Jet Li saw this thread and told me he saw it!! wow... as long as I dont die before i get to see him....

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-08-2002, 03:53 AM
check out these pics of Jet and Nina!

i swear i could make myself look like her!

plus my hair is naturally curly! i bet she had to perm hers!!

http://www.jetli.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=13357&forum=1

I have alsmond shaped eyes, not completely slanted but sort of close... its NOT FAIR!!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY HERRRRRRRRR?

A very upset tae li.

Tae Li
03-08-2002, 03:56 AM
plus the dialogue that goes with the pics is absolutely hilarious!!!

you have to check it ok??? click again and look at my twin.. Nina jets wife.

http://www.jetli.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=13357&forum=1

Tae Li;)

Ryu
03-08-2002, 04:19 AM
Tae Li, you've just taken me to the "official Jet Li Forum" !!!
I feel so....dirty now! :( Gotta wash my hands... water will take the dirt away....THE DIRT WON'T COME OFF! :eek: Ahhhh!

;)

Well she looks better in the first picture. I've never liked the "celebrity" look on anyone before. But she's cute. Hold on, let me adjust my bicycle shorts....
LOL! JUST kidding. ;) :D

Ryu

Tae Li
03-08-2002, 04:27 AM
im laughing my arse offfff!!!!!!! lol, go wash your hands but the point is you were at HIS SITE!!!! hehehehehehe

hey at least you have a sense of humour!! i cant stop laughing! your hilarious Ryu!

so you think shes cute do you? hehehehehe, thats write, adjust those bike shorts....

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-08-2002, 04:29 AM
page 22! page 22!!!!!!! I ROCK!!!!!

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
03-09-2002, 11:51 PM
So, I just got the "special edition" of The One on DVD. Pretty good stuff. Watched the special features on there and thought it was interesting to note that it appears in there that Jet himself is teaching the stuntie the Hsing-I movements, not Corey! Usually everything I have seen of Corey Yuen, he is very "hands-on" with that process but not here.

Trying to remember where I saw that reference to Jet teacher's...as soon as I find it you shall have it, Jon. I promise!

(Edit) By the way, I almost forgot....I believe the replies record is held by "Ultimate Street Fight"...something like over 800 replies. We have our work cut out for us, Jet-ites! :D

Tae Li
03-10-2002, 12:49 AM
DARN!

How the in the world are we supposed to break a record with 800 replies?

i wish OTHERS would get on this thread and say ANYTHING!

question:

who thinks Jet's new movie 'Hero' with be a success???

Tae Li;)

even if your not obsessed with Lian Jie likemyself reply anyway!!!!!

Sho
03-10-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Tae Li
who thinks Jet's new movie 'Hero' with be a success???Difficult to tell whether it will be a success in Asia, but I'm quite sure that it will be a hit in the western world. I still hope that it will be a hit in Asia too.

Tae Li
03-10-2002, 02:39 AM
Yeah i reckon its gonna be the next so called "crouching tiger hidden dragon", but much much much better!

I think it should do well in Asia as well....hey as long as hunky spunky Jet is on the big screen it will do well in the antarctic!

Tae Li;)

(song) If jet's sexy and you know it, clap yur hands.....clap clap, clap ,clap clap clap.

hehehe

Tae Li
03-10-2002, 02:59 AM
does anyone know how i can find out the composers for the fist of legend theme song to put on my phone? i know where i can get the theme song but i dont know how to find out the composers for it... does anyone know???? please help all you musicians out there!!!

Tae Li;)

Sho
03-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I'm a great fan of Jet and it is certain that I'll enjoy Hero. :)

Tae Li
03-10-2002, 03:57 AM
check out the Jet Li quote i have at the bottom of my posts, plus you have to answer the question:

do you think that Jet Li's new movie Hero will be a success??

come on people!! reply! i need to get a record here! im doing my best! ok, im not, but so what!

Tae Li;)

jon
03-10-2002, 04:13 AM
"do you think that Jet Li's new movie Hero will be a success?? "

Just to be a real pain in the ass...
Here NO!
Hong Kong it will rock the house :p

OK come on who wants some!
Ill take all you Jet Li fans on (hides the Jet Li DVD collection) you bunch of no hoping wushu loving freaks:eek:

"If jet's sexy and you know it, clap yur hands.....clap clap, clap ,clap clap clap."
* If he's ghey and he knows it and he really wants to show it, if he ghey and you know it clap your hands... Clap clap clap.

Pfft Hero! What kind of a name is that for a movie anyway...
The One - Hero
The man clearly has tickets on himself:p

"i reckon its gonna be the next so called "crouching tiger hidden dragon", but much much much better!"
* Thats simply not possible without Zang Zi Yi, darn that girl is fly. She makes me want to cry just looking at her... errr in a good way, i think:(

"Trying to remember where I saw that reference to Jet teacher's...as soon as I find it you shall have it, Jon. I promise!"
Thanks Silumkid
Your a true champion:) Now give Tae Li one of your quotes so she can have a decent ending to her posts:D

Sho
03-10-2002, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by jon
Thats simply not possible without Zang Zi Yi, darn that girl is fly.Actually Zhang Zi Yi will be starring in Hero.

Ryu
03-10-2002, 10:34 AM
You people are nuts, I'm getting out of here.

Ryu

Tae Li
03-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jon
"do you think that Jet Li's new movie Hero will be a success?? "

Just to be a real pain in the ass...
Here NO!
Hong Kong it will rock the house :p

OK come on who wants some!
Ill take all you Jet Li fans on (hides the Jet Li DVD collection) you bunch of no hoping wushu loving freaks:eek:

"If jet's sexy and you know it, clap yur hands.....clap clap, clap ,clap clap clap."
* If he's ghey and he knows it and he really wants to show it, if he ghey and you know it clap your hands... Clap clap clap.

Pfft Hero! What kind of a name is that for a movie anyway...
The One - Hero
The man clearly has tickets on himself:p

"i reckon its gonna be the next so called "crouching tiger hidden dragon", but much much much better!"
* Thats simply not possible without Zang Zi Yi, darn that girl is fly. She makes me want to cry just looking at her... errr in a good way, i think:(

"Trying to remember where I saw that reference to Jet teacher's...as soon as I find it you shall have it, Jon. I promise!"
Thanks Silumkid
Your a true champion:) Now give Tae Li one of your quotes so she can have a decent ending to her posts:D

hehehehehe, i remember walking in too your room and seeing all those J et flicks, now now Jon dodnt your mother teach you to acknowledge your hero's including Jet Li???? yes she did.....

hey Jon heres a new ending to your posts....its kinda similar...
"put your right foot in, put your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all about, do the hokey pokey and turn around, thats what JONS all about!":p

lmao!

Ryu come back!! did Jon scare you off????

Hero WILL be a success! i can garantee you, because i will make up for all those people who wont watch it and watch it for tem that way stats will stay high.. hehehe

Tae Li;)

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 12:25 PM
The One sucked a donkey's balls. Americans don't know how to use Jet.

The end fight was ok, but it was too little, too late.

Silumkid
03-10-2002, 02:53 PM
I, of course, hope that "Hero" will be a success. But, I can just see this happening too...Yuen Biao also did a movie recently called Hero...you think all the lame white boy Johnny Come Lately's will accidentally rent the Yuen Biao version and get all mad because Jet is nowhere to be seen? I've heard stranger things...

Hmmm....some quotes, huh? And I didn't think mine were all that great! :D

By the way, I haven't looked at it yet but the new issue of IKF has an interview with Wu Bin saying he "blasts wushu critics"! Now from what I know of Wu Bin I respect him very much so I'm curious to see what he says, being that he was Jet's coach and all. Very curious indeed.

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 03:29 PM
Silum, those guys would probably not notice that Jet is NOT in that movie. Do you know how many people I've talked to think that Jet Li was in Iron Monkey?????

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME ANYWAY.

Sho
03-10-2002, 03:38 PM
But Iron Monkey was fine even without Jet. ;)

Silumkid
03-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Zapf,

You know, you are probably right. I can't tell you how many times I have had to fight off the urge to slap the J-C-L's who ask me "Have you seen Twin Warriors?" and refuse to believe that that is NOT the correct title of the movie and that what they saw was the pizz-poor Americanized bast@rdized version.

Poor people....I guess ignorance really is bliss.

Zapf Dingbat
03-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Actually I've only seen the real version of Tai Chi Master. I could only imagine what sort of horrible dubbing was put in.

One question, though.... do the dubbed voices call it Tai Chi? Are there any important plot points lost because of the dubbing?

Silumkid
03-10-2002, 04:07 PM
I honestly couldn't tell you. I have only been cursed to lay my hands upon one Ameriacnized version of a Jet movie in "Fist of Legend" version released by Buena Vista (I think it was).

In this, the dubbing was SO BAD, several plot points were lost, several minutes of the movie were removed, to the point that it wasn't Fist of Legend at all.

For instance, towards the end where Jet and his friend take on "The Killing Machine", he tells them the sign says 'Your school is closed'. Anybody that can read Chinese or has seen the original knows that is total BS! It's the 'Chinese are sick men of Asia' sign. Not even close!

Also the dubbing makes the fight between Jet and the Japanese master lose all plot significance by falling into the 'race relations' trap. Needless to say I threw that DVD out the window and promptly paid a lot more for an imported, unmeddled-with version.

I can only imagine how badly the others were destroyed. In fact, I read recently that Jackie Chan was attending a screening of a few of his movies bought by the same company and he was reported to have said "If I had known what they were going to do to my movies, I never would have sold them." I can only hope Jet feels the same.

Sho
03-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Just saw The One. The Gabe vs. Yulaw fight was ok, but rest of the movie was something else. :)

I'm really looking forward for Hero. Any estimated release date known yet?

Tae Li
03-11-2002, 03:20 PM
The One in my opinion was briliant:)

Still dont know when Hero is suppsed to be released, every time i send a stupid fan email the response i get is :as you guessed Jet is still in China filming Hero and will respond to your question in time" blah blah blah, so yeah, sont know when. But I can tell you that i CANT wait to see the sud muffin jetsta on the big screen again.

simply Jetarific!:D :D

Tae Li;)

TaoBoy
03-11-2002, 10:07 PM
Tae Li,

Where in Oz are you located?

One of Jet Li's closest training mates is teaching in Melbourne if you are interested.

More details available if wanted!

wushu chik
03-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Tae Li..
I don't know if you know about this website or not, but if you are looking for a bunch of Jet's movies and you can't find them in Australia, you should check here.....

www.hkflix.com

I just did a search on Jet Li, and there are TONS of his movies on here, for pretty reasonable!!! Have fun!

~Wen~

Tae Li
03-12-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
Tae Li,

Where in Oz are you located?

One of Jet Li's closest training mates is teaching in Melbourne if you are interested.

More details available if wanted!

your joking?????!!!?? im in Sydney, but im flying out to Melbourne next holidays i swear!!!!!! book me an appointment or something and tel his mate she is a very special friend of the Jetsta!

im excited! thanks for the info. so where in melbourne exactly? ive been to melbourne before for a atournament and soo il be off to Korea.

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by wushu chik
Tae Li..
I don't know if you know about this website or not, but if you are looking for a bunch of Jet's movies and you can't find them in Australia, you should check here.....

www.hkflix.com

I just did a search on Jet Li, and there are TONS of his movies on here, for pretty reasonable!!! Have fun!

~Wen~

Thanx Wushu Chik, im having a look now.....better take out my checkbook, it Jet yet another Jet shopping season....thanx again!

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-12-2002, 03:26 AM
This website is FANTASTIC!!! im going on a jet shopping spree!! woohoooooo!

Tae Li;)

Sho
03-12-2002, 05:45 AM
Tae Li,

Too bad. Just how many times have you mailed them? :) Anyway, how long have they filmed it already? I'm sure that Hero will definitely be Jetarific! ;)

Tae Li
03-12-2002, 03:44 PM
I know I know!!! you wish they would recognise an email from a girl named TAE LI WOULDNT YOU????

i mean I am absolutely positive that by now SOMEONE must have come to kungfu forum and saw this long long long long thread for Jet Li Lian Jie and told him about it.

Not too mention a name like Tae Li is pretty hard to forget;)

lol, i hope it come out soon, would LOVE to go to beijing or something and watch the premier, my thought however would ultimatelt be on how i would kidnap Jet......

Tae Li;)

so has anyone found out the composers for FOL theme song? pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeeee someone help me out with it!

ewallace
03-12-2002, 03:47 PM
If I'd started this thread about Venessa Marcil I would have a restraining order placed on me and the v, e,n,s,a,m,r,c,i and l buttons removed from my keyboard by federal authorities. Double standards stink.

Silumkid
03-12-2002, 03:50 PM
I feel you...but I think in my case France can execute me since Laetitia Casta is their national treasure.

Tae Li
03-12-2002, 03:52 PM
now now, nobody can be compared to the one and only Jet Li..

you know what? their are marks on my keyboard where the J E T L I L I A N J I E are... hmmmm, this getting scary.

so does ANYBODY know how to ge the composers for FOL????

anyone???

Tae Li;)

Ive never sounded so desperate for soemthing in my life! apart from Jet Li of course.

Silumkid
03-12-2002, 03:55 PM
I would imagine it's in the credits although I cannot read Chinese very well...:(

And Laetitia is a martial artist too you know! I think she has her black belt in judo by now (last I checked she had her brown).

God, they are so sending me to an institution.

Tae Li
03-14-2002, 06:07 PM
WELL WELL here's a positive thread that is bound to bring a smile to my face.

ahhh Jet why cant all men be like you? so beautiful so patient, compassionate, kind, considerate and you can still kick arse....

why why???

ok, back to reality my wuest for the fol theme song is still stuck in the mud and there is nothing new atm in terms of the Jetsat, but if their is something that i dont know about then it would be just fantastic if someone can drop the note.

Tae Li ;)

smiling again.

wangsizhong
03-16-2002, 01:34 AM
this is a response to some of the older comments about how different movies get wrecked when they become "twin warriors" or whatever. its true that dubbing and editing ruin a movie (including pan and scan), but you'll notice that even the subtitled versions can make pretty big mistakes. even the chinese subtitles in a chinese movie are wrong on occasion, and the english in particular can say the exact OPPOSITE of what is being said (not to mention changing titles of things for no reason--consider My Father is a Hero=Send a letter to father). just something to keep in mind when watching something from another language/culture.

-Wang Si Zhong

Sho
03-16-2002, 02:04 AM
I think that it would be good to use the original movie name everywhere. Like Tai Qi Zhang San Feng, which is for the English title Tai Chi Master and Huang Fei Hong for Once Upon a Time in China. Of course with correct pinyin spelling!

Silumkid
03-17-2002, 12:21 AM
wang,

Very true....in fact I was thinking about this the other day. I was trying to remember the movie where a gangster was saying to another: "It's your problem, Marco, keep us out of your sh**!" The line is spoken in English and plays direct on the soundtrack. The subtitles, however, read: "It's not our business." :D

I still also love: "Fatty, you with a thick face have hurt my instep!"

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 11:16 AM
WOO HOO!

Yo, Tae Li...I just got a personal reply to my e-mail to jetli.com! :D

Are you jealous yet? :D

How about now? :cool:

Maybe? :)

Well, I tried....:(

But it's true! I swear it! So :D anyways!

Dvoid
03-21-2002, 12:00 PM
beware When buying Dragons of the Orient. I just got a new copy and alot of the Jet footage is missing and is replaced by new, up and coming Wushu stars. I don't know who's idea, marketing ploy it is.:confused:
Maybe they're trying to mold the next Jet? Thank you for this thread. Jet is a beautiful human, and the perfect person to raise awareness of and help preserve the ancient arts.
Recently got to see Once Upon A Time 1, in its fully restored full-length glory on the big screen here in Boston. Yay for me.
PS-"The One" should not have been a Jet film. It was originally written for an oaf, The Rock, and should have stayed that way. Cool premise, poor dialogue/plot.
I want to hear more of Jet's philosophy.

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 12:04 PM
i heard it was roiginally written for Hugh Jackman who played Wolverine in X-men:confused:

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Nope...it was written for The Rock. They make mention of this on the DVD extras. The fighting style was going to be more of a street fighting, physical style and they even show a few of the computer sim'd sequences as originally written.

I have Dragons of the Orient and I didn't notice anything missing. I did see the "newer" looking footage though of they guy Terry Fan who they are saying is supposedly the next Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Too bad he looks like a goof and as far as I know, hasn't been in anything.

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 12:34 PM
guess from now on i'll trust the sources from the KFO discussion forum only :)

Too bad he looks like a goof and as far as I know, hasn't been in anything.

Nice upfront and honest review :D

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 12:36 PM
Well, ya know....I like to calls it as I sees it. :cool:

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 12:42 PM
SiuLumkid: that's the way it should be... :p

U know this is the first time i've actually had someone reply to my posts while i've still been online here at KFO. I guess that's the difference between me being here in the UK and most others being in the US!

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 12:45 PM
That's likely....I don't know the exact time difference between me and you but since I don't work in the afternoons currently, it sure makes it easier!

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 12:49 PM
CA is 8 hours behind the UK right now, which kinda sucks (as my gf is out there right now).

U ever thought of reviewing movies for Genes Mag? :D Wouldn't take much space to review: good fight scenes, wires looked crap, guy looked goofy etc. :D

well, i'm signing out now: gotta go and get some food and do more study,

laterz peeps

david

Dvoid
03-21-2002, 12:49 PM
"I'm nobody's *****!"(Ulaw)

Jet Li need not utter the aforementioned quote.

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 02:18 PM
In all honesty, I liked The One. I thought that line was perfect in context of the movie. I, for one, am glad to see that Jet is trying to expand his repetoir, playing bad guys with bad attitudes and such. Don't get me wrong, I still think he was at his best in Once Upon a Time in China...his stoic delivery really seemed to match the part perfectly. But then again, I didn't think "The Master" was all that bad either.

I have thought about doing movie reviews. I'm sure I could do a much better job than these newspaper hacks who blast any action movie despite it's plot, but if it's an art film titled "La Beret du Amoure" and makes no sense, they can't get enough.

Gene Siskel took the easy way out.

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 02:21 PM
could be quite fun Silumkid... maybe u should do dojo/kwoon reviews as well :D

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 02:24 PM
LOL! Could be...could be indeed.

Where do I sign up?

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 02:26 PM
not too sure about that... think you would need to form a Worldwide Organization!

Real reviews would be cool though. No nonsense, straight to the point descriptions of good and bad points. It's all good son!

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 02:31 PM
Travel, martial arts, writing....all things I like!

Now if I can only figure out how to make money at it while avoiding lynchings from the schools I give bad reviews to.

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Now if I can only figure out how to make money at it while avoiding lynchings from the schools I give bad reviews to.

that's easy - get good at gong fu AND running :p

Or you can hire helpers and form the WWATO (WorldWide Anti-Troll Organization. Could be a job for me in there when i leave Uni. Delicate Sound wouldn't even need to go to Uni - job guarenteed :D

david

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Hmmm....well, my martial art is average at best. Running I'm pretty good at. I always kinda figured I'd need to be good at one of those! :D

We always welcome good people at the Worldwide Anti-Troll Org! And we won't even make you sign a billion year contract like the Sea Org. of Scientology!

Tae Li
03-21-2002, 03:38 PM
hI people.. your host here..;)

well, if i was to get Dragons of the Orient (which i have not yet done..lazy me) i will indeed get a copy of the old version.. im not wasting my money and not see Jet. yeah right!

plus, SilumKid , did Jet actally reply to your question? if so what was the question? ITS NOT FAIR!:( they alsways write back telling me that Jet is working on yet another movie, but dont worry! they say, we will pass on your message.. jeez! what do u have to do to get his attention??

And The best line in The One is where he Yulaw says in reply to the judge when he asks him "are you ready?" ad then Yulaw says in a casual sexy and confident tone"are you" ohhhhh, i go nuts over that bit!

and! and! when gabe says about his wife "she is my center...she makes me whole", omG! i love u jet....:)

and although he was brilliant in ouatic, he was simply SUPERB in FOL, speaking of which i still dont have the notes to that theme song to put on my phone..argh!

hmm?what else? yes, well he is currently working on Cradle to the Grave now, which means (drum roll please) Hero should be coming out soon!!!! woooohooooo!

did you go know that there is some poll in a hollywood gossips magazine about the best asian action star?? yes, well i did, andi went to the polls and to my dismay and utter disbelief Jet was coming third! arg! Zhang Zi Yi was 1st and Chan was second! it was horendous!

so i sat at my computer and for three two hours straight i swear to God i voted for Jet, no its not cheating cos i was voting on behalf of ALL HIS FANS WORLD WIDE WHO DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE POLL! k? and guess what? he is winning by a landslide now....hehehehehe(evil laugh) i was declared a TRUE OBSESSIVE FAN at his websitte on the forum.

so what have YOU got to say about that SilumKid??? hmmm?

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 03:50 PM
What do I have to say about that? I say: GOOD JOB! I knew there was a reason we get along! :D Maybe my next goal is to register on his website and get in the forums there.

me <---- lazy about joining new forums :p

Anyhow, my question was:
I was wondering if you have any plans to write or have written a biography about you? I am certain this would be a hot item amongst your fans. If you don't have such plans, I'd like to suggest it strongly. Also, if I may be so bold, I'd like to offer myself to you as a ghost writer. I have been published several times in martial art magazines, have freelanced for newspapers, and am currently working on a fiction novel. I would be very happy to send you or your staff examples of my work if there is any interest. Thank you for your time and I hope I haven't stepped on any toes!

Cheers

They said:
Hello. Thank you for the e-mail. Jet is currently working on the
production of "Cradle to the Grave." You can find more about this project here:
http://www.jetli.com/jetli/projects/projects_other_cradle.php?bw=high

However, to answer your question, Jet has no desire to write a biography at this moment.

Thanks for writing, though!

So no, it wasn't from Jet personally, but at least they answered my question! I thought that was sweet!

and sorry for hijacking your thread by the way. Plans had to be made...

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Tae Li:

I have to admit - you are without a doubt (at least in my mind) the huuuugest Li Lian Jie fan i have ever met in my entire life! :) Good on ya

Silumkid:

the speed i run at is directly proportional to the scariness of whoever is chasing me. Thus;- more people chasing me=hit mach 1!

david

sorry for the delayed reply - had to run home and get some noodles :p

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 03:55 PM
dezhen,

Sounds pretty much like my game plan:

1 person - fight
2 people - probably fight
3 people - maybe fight
4 and up - GONE! unless they are all small and weak looking...then I may just avoid them long enough to come back with a bat!

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 03:58 PM
well, for me it's just: threat of a situation=diffuse and/or escape. Doesn't matter how many. It's only if that doesn't work that i play fisticuffs ;)

david

Tae Li
03-21-2002, 04:01 PM
SilumKid thats what THEY ALWAYS tell me! but i cracked up about the fact that yeah its obvious he aint gonna write a biography any time soon!!

thats ok, for hijacking my thread i mean, as long as you end your last post with something abou Jet!!:D

Denzen...THANX! im flattered atht u think im the huuuuuuuuugest Jet Li fan out there, like i said before, if i could be his potential stalker i would! lol i just want o meet him and touch his face, thas all, than kidnap his wife, than kidnap hem, then take him to the hotel i booked blind find him, then ..ahrm ahrm...oops , sorry forgot i was on a open forum, heeeheee:o

yes, so thats that. i want a reply from JET! can you believe wushu Chik didnt include FOL in her poll about fav mocies??? what was she thinking?? SilumKid, she is your good friend, what WAS SHE THINKING???? oh, well shaolin Temple will have to do.

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Yes, I do know Wushu Chik. I have no idea what she was thinking leaving that out. She is a woman after all and men generally have no clue what women are thinking....EVER.

Or maybe she just had to beat her kids again. :D

Tae Li
03-21-2002, 04:05 PM
sorry Dezhen. got your name wrong earlier, sorry.:)

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-21-2002, 04:07 PM
Silumkid...funnt stuff, laughing my arse off!!

dont say that!

plus, its the men that cant think at any one time!!! i swear it! its a fact!

oh oh, there are some men here to take me away...ok ok, men are NOT stupid after all, only the ones I date.

Tae Li;)

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 04:09 PM
don't worry Tae Li, just a nickname some of my Chinese firends gave me anywayz :p

I would rate FOL quite high on my list of good movies. It's pretty cool :cool: How is the FOL theme quest going btw?

david :):cool:

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Just doing my part to entertain the troops! ;)

And did I mention that I am once again back to status of owning every single Jet Li film that has been released? Well, it's true. All 31 of them!

I really need a life....or maybe a girlfriend. :cool:

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 04:20 PM
are you trying to say that you can't have a life if you have a gf - or vice versa?

I'm incredibly jealous, i only have around 10 Jet movies :( But i have around 40 Jackie Chan :)

What's your collection like Tae Li? All original Chinese w/subtitles? Or do you collect the dubbed versions as well?

david

Tae Li
03-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Dezhen, well i need to get my hands oon someone who can pick up notes very easily and get them to listen to the theme song, thats the only way atm, plus although i have plently of Jet Li movies i dont quite have all of them because wel i dont have money coming out of my arse (pardon the language) if you know what i mean!lol sorry, that was abit rude, i dont usualy talk like that, but he, as long as the wolr knows that I love LI LIAN JIE i dont care what anyone thinks!!

Silumkid, this is the ONLY time i willever be jealous of you!! but dont wrry on the r/ship department, im officially broken up with my chinese bf, not talking..oh well, there are plently of fish in the sea right?

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
03-21-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, it has been my experience that one generally does not agree with the other. For instance, I really like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer...I only know one other girl around here that does as well, but she is far too old for me to date. And it seems that the girls who are attracted to me usually think I am a barbarian when I tell them that I am a martial artist. So maybe that is what I'm saying.....aw, man!

As far as Jackie movies go, I have 28 of those...but I like to believe that I have all the best ones! But if I also count the ones I have on regular video then I have a couple more so maybe 30...I don't have Who Am I on DVD yet, for one. I think I have My Story on video too.

AND NO DUBS! Dubs must die! (except in the case of old Shaw Brothers movies in which case it doesn't really matter....like Master Killer, Chinese Super Ninjas....ya know, the good stuff!)

prana
03-21-2002, 04:39 PM
this is more definitely THE LONGEST thread ! :p

dezhen2001
03-21-2002, 04:42 PM
I agree my friend that Dubs must die! But i was checking to see how much more of a superfan Tae Li can be! The sub and dubbed versions... That's one of the highest levels dont'cha know!

It's hard to get movies when on a student budget. i know that very well ;) Don't worry about the language, very metaphorical and gets your point across nicely !:D

Currently most of my HK movies are all on VHS :( Can't afford a DVD player right now (student budget). But i'm currently sourcing a lot of VCD's, which is cool. Most of my Jackie movies are his older ones. I like the mid 80's era myself...

It's great to see Jackie and Jet getting more control over their US movies. Can only help teach US people how to film action!

david

(i'm trying to have each post end with something about Jet, as Tae Li said earlier. It's hard work!)

anton
03-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Some of my friends told me it was crap, I don't know what their problem with it is, i thought it was a pretty good action flick, with some gongfu thrown in - by no means a classic (like DMII or OUATIC) but still pretty good.

wangsizhong
03-22-2002, 01:11 AM
haven't read this thread in a couple days
hope i don't forget everything i wanna say

A. i was just watching kiss of the dragon when the power went out. ever notice how the more you watch a jet movie, the better it gets? i need to watch the master a few more times!

B. although FOL wasn't on the poll, how could you overlook tai chi master? TCM is quickly becoming my fav. jet movie and it convinced me to start with taiji (today was my first lesson)

C. do the 31 released movies include kiss of the dragon and the one? i got both on vcd so that might put me at the top of the list (own every movie jets been in)

D. tae li--i didnt bring dragons of the orient with me to china...you should have accepted the offer when you had the chance :rolleyes:

E. i hope hero has subtitles in china, or i may not get to see it theatrically released and understand it.

F. cradle to the grave has started production? i need to go find out what thats all about

G. i hope i didnt forget anything...

-Wang Si Zhong

Sho
03-22-2002, 06:33 AM
Hollywood movie scene is nowadays only computer-generated movies. There's no excitement in them, as you know that it's made by computers and actors' faces attached. In Hong Kong movies, especially Jackie Chan's, you know that the performance is real. There's no matter if using wires, because you still know that it is performed by the actors (or stuntmen) and not programmed by computers. It needs a lot of effort and tricks to do all that. Low budget makes it even more creative and enjoyable, both to work and watch the film.

wangsizhong
03-22-2002, 08:11 AM
i just got a new copy of dragons of the orient (finally found one with subtitles) and its got an extended section on qigong.
did my first copy just not have everything? or do some releases not have stuff like "climbing the glass mountain" where the guys roll around on glass and "iron finger" where the guys stop electric fans and dig into bricks with their fingers?
this copy also has a guy standing on a piece of paper (soft qigong) and this guy with his head on a plate (tell me they're joking!) who is asking someone to go find his body for him.
its right before the guy climbs the wall of the building.
-Wang Si Zhong

wushu chik
03-23-2002, 03:27 AM
Ha ha guys.....lol, i forgot FOL, sue me....

~Wen~

Silumkid
03-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Wang,

Yes, my collection indeed includes The One and Kiss of the Dragon. So, even though all my stuff is on DVD (except Dragon Fight) I will accept that you and I seem to be on equal footing! :D

I thought Tai Chi Master was on the list...:confused:

I'll have to watch my copy of Dragons again to see if the talking head is on there....I don't remember that....I'd hate to think I have a butchered version. B@st@ards! :mad:

wangsizhong
03-23-2002, 06:19 PM
silumkid:

"I thought Tai Chi Master was on the list... "

it is, that's my point. now need to worry that FOL is not on the list because TCM is on the list and you can just vote for that.
last i checked jackie chan was winning the poll, which just shouldn't be (the popularity of this thread should be able to put jet on top!)

"I'll have to watch my copy of Dragons again to see if the talking head is on there....I don't remember that....I'd hate to think I have a butchered version"

well it turns out i have two different versions. one has all the qigong stuff and one has some of the qigong stuff but also has more forms (twin tiger hooks, more children, a monkey pole form, and even an old guy doing what looks to be a chicken tai ji style)
so i'm wondering if the vhs/dvd has everything altogether, or if it chooses one of the versions.
-Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Wang, u have two versions?? far out.

are u in China now? cool stuff.

Fist of legend still kicks asss.

page 27 of the thread, what a delight to see!

did anyone happen to mention my name to Jet on the weekend? anyone at all? what is with you people?? huh?
:rolleyes:

SOMEONE must have connections with this asian superstar thats on this forum!!

This chinese guy in my class looks aboit like Jet actually and he tried to strike up a conversation with me cos he saw Jets name in chinese on my uni diary, and his pic of course. ok back to serious Jet stuff, i have a new Jet quote as my signiture, well i have to put it up soon anyway.

and all my chinese jet movies are in chinese with subtitles. there my fav, although my collection isnt fantastic, but hey my b;day is in July u know (hint hint)

lol, catch u lot later!:D

Tae Li;)

Sho
03-24-2002, 04:16 PM
soon over 400 posts ;)

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 04:29 PM
Thats rigggggggggghhhhhhht.

c how special Jet li is?

hey for those that live in Sydney, whos going to that kung fu show at the entertainment center??

i think its called monks from shoalin?? saw the add on the telle and it looks really good.

Jet has also finally started work on his new movie 'cradle to the Grave', so if anyone knows when Hero will nw out let m me know ok???

i would love to go to the premier or something in china, how cool would that be???

plus, i think he won the polls for that online mag i was telling you about...thanx to me and my hours of voting.

new quote...check it out. it makes so much sense.

my philosophy is Jet Li's philosophy. no questions asked.

Tae Li;)

jon
03-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Tae Li

"did anyone happen to mention my name to Jet on the weekend? anyone at all? what is with you people?? huh?

SOMEONE must have connections with this asian superstar thats on this forum!!

This chinese guy in my class looks aboit like Jet

my philosophy is Jet Li's philosophy. no questions asked.

hey my b;day is in July u know (hint hint)"

* Mate, i know what you need for your birthday, either a full frontal labotomy or a life size blow up Jet Li doll. Whichever i gain access to first :D
Your obsessed girl, i thought i had issues but reading your posts makes me feel better. At least im obsessed with Kung Fu in general and not just one particular practioner:p
I think you may need a new boyfriend Tae Li, grab that guy who looks like Jet and maybe that will make you happy ;)

P.S
This is kinda an odd question and id prefer to speak to you properly about it so if your interested then give me a buz (think your phone is still off?).
Would you have any interest in training in Chinese kickboxing?
We are looking for some people to train up and with your background you would be perfect. You would be trained by a bunch of us including my sifu. The fighting will start of as point sparring but will proberly move into full contact.
Training is also free, im on the hunt for young fit fighters and i think you might fit the bill nicely. If interested let me know ok :)
Im going to be competing eventualy as well but given your age you would have a special added incentive which ill fill you in on later.
Ok enough for now, let me know if interested and ill give further details.
Incase anyone else reads this who is interested in Chinese kickboxing and has a solid martial arts background plus is under 21 please let me know via email.
Errr need to live in Sydney and want to fight as well hehe

joedoe
03-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Sorry, I am too old, and I am a suckful fighter :)

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Joooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn!
hey buddy, seeing your name always makes me smile!

im not obsessed...just..um.errrrr. um.just interested. yes thats the word.
plus i DONE WANT a blow up doll, I WANT JET HIMSELF! have i made my self clear people?

good.:D

ok, yes my phone is still switched off, it will be in operation from thursday. message me somethin funny Jon and make me laugh, cos i got the blues. again.

yes, i def need a new bf to get over that blasted ex and the boy in my class is abit strange. lol, will c.

chinese kickboxing? full contact sparring? competition? sounds GOOD. but u know what my schedule is like Dragon so i need specfic time and place.

whats diff about chinese kickboxing to ordinary kickboxing? big difference?

do i have to spar youuuuuuuuuu? cos u know kung fu, but then again, one swift kick toyour head could be all i nee...hmmmm..:p

ok, give me details through a pm and ill let u know.

Tae Li;)

jon
03-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Never to old to get your ass handed to you by a younger fitter more able bodied fighter...
Hang on thats not how its meant to go:confused:

heheh just kidding.
Still if your interested at all your welcome to come down and have a bash around with us. If for no other reason than just sparring practice.
We have a Thai kickboxing teacher and several traditional stylists all coming along. We are trying to get a circuit up and running over the coming months so there more the merryer really.

Its always fun to pad up and go a bit of the tonk with people who are not trying to actualy mortaly wound you. Just a bunch of people coming together to beat the snot out of each other... How do i say this grrrrrr.
Er yeah we just want to um.... get dressed up like kickboxers and act cool:cool:
Remember Tong Po from that stupid Kickboxing movie with Van Damme? Its who can do the best impression.:D

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Joe... how old is too old?

your not one of those old men that pick their nose on the park bench and perv at young ladies are you?:p

lol

Tae Li;)

joedoe
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Did I mention that I am too fat too? :D

I am 29 - one of those young men that sits on park benches and perves on young ladies (I don't pick my nose though) :)

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:35 PM
fat AND old? YUK! kidding, nah your age isnt even close to those old pervets that im talking about!

what martial art are you in anyway? cant b bothered checking out your profile....

Tae Li;)

please do tell me who is perfect anyway??

aprt from Jet Li Lian Jie of course;)

jon
03-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Tae Li
hmm something funny...

stupid signs:

Wrong way - go back
*What moron needs that extra bit of information.

Falling rocks - dont stop
* Well thats physics for ya:rolleyes:

We do not allow dogs in this resturant - we welcome seeing eye dogs.
*Who reads this sign?

Other stupid things
coloring books on 101 dalmations
ladders for pet parrots
instructions on the packet of refresher towels in fast food resturants.
people who think the middle strip in the road is a saftey zone and no car ever crosses the sacred white lines.

This post

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:37 PM
laughing my arse off!

Tae Li;) wicked.

Silumkid
03-24-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey Tae,

Just say NO to the blues! Here's a little joke for you.

What do elephants use for ********s?
Answer: Epileptics!

Ok maybe that's not so funny....

Jet Li (to meet requirements).

joedoe
03-24-2002, 08:42 PM
I train Wu Chu Chuan (Five Ancestors Fist).

jon
03-24-2002, 08:44 PM
I will answer some of your questions here just incase others are interested. Also there is an annoying limit on pm message text and i can never write a quick post so i ramble on here.

"i need specfic time and place."
* Its a gym in the city in and will be held proberly on a Saturday around mid day. I will have to give you some solid details when i get them, we should if all gos to plan be there this weekend.

"whats diff about chinese kickboxing to ordinary kickboxing? big difference? "
* San Shao basicaly allows knees elbows and throws it also allows backfists. We will proberly not be using knees and elbows though to start off with.
I dont really know if any of us have the foggyest idea of what the rules are as of yet, im a bit skepers where all just a little to keen to jump in the ring and get sparring :rolleyes:
errr im sure we will have the proper rule set on hand soon, my sifu seems to know them.

"do i have to spar youuuuuuuuuu? cos u know kung fu, but then again, one swift kick toyour head could be all i nee...hmmmm."
* You bet you get to spar me, im gonna try and beat some respect inta ya :p
lol just kidding but sure we can have a bash:) Just dont blame me if you get sore shins and i get disqualified :/
hhehe you will find out :p

Ill get in contact with you soon about the details ive just gotta find out a little more myself.
Still there are some specifics i need to tell you about as well :)
There is a reason for all of this you might say;)

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:47 PM
lol. thanx for the effort SilmKid, but im at uni and im borrrreddd sh!tless, im supposed to be doing this real d!icky excercise about changing language and im just not in the mood, i think its cos my energy levels are down and my blues levels are up, i will get around to doing it, just not yet.

come on people ne honest, does everyone read my Jet quotes... dont they make sense? alot of sense? they do.

tong po in that Van Damme movie made me sick cos he didnt stick to the rules but than sasha mitchell kicks his ass in part two. hehe

Sasha Mitchell did kickboxing but apparently he used to use it on his wife which meant he went really down in the entertainment industry... too bad. loser.

yes, im really excited about this chinese kickboxing, but im still keen on bagua Jon. what time do you get back from training on wednesdays Dragon? after bagua training?

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
03-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Please for the love of all that is good and decent, never ever evereverever mention those sad excuses of movies as Kickboxer 2 - 4 ever again! PLEASE! I beg of you!

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:54 PM
ok ok ok RELAX! i promise, never ever again, at least not on this thrread!!!!

lol

Tae Li;)

Do you like that movie? it soo sux man.

prana
03-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Hey Master Tae Li

Of course your quotes makes sense, and of course we read it :)
Hop eyou get over your blues soon, I got an idea, pick Jon up from where ever the H he is and take him indoor climbing.

It always helps me get over the blues ;)

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Joe, wushu chuan? sounds interesting... got a brief or long explanation. whats the five ancestors? how is it different from ordinary wushu?

are you very good at acrobatic type stuff?

Tae Li;)

Xebsball
03-24-2002, 08:59 PM
This thread still leaves.

KFO is full of surprises isnt it

Silumkid
03-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Let's just say that when I saw them, I couldn't believe such pieces of crap ever got an OK by any studio! Sasha's KO move is weak (that sideways swinging knee...please) that he couldn't hurt my niece with it, and she is three.

Sasha Mitchell....what a no-talent doofus. I dont know if you get it there in Oz, but he was on a sit-com here called "Step by Step" with Suzanne Sommers...he was the SAME character! On that show, he was a martial artist, talked like he was a stoned idiot all the time.....made me sick it did.

Tae Li
03-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
This thread still leaves.

KFO is full of surprises isnt it

Dont even think about suggesting this thread gets deleted Xessball!!!

or i swear ill @#$ ! %%$####@@3% all the way to China!

lol, hey the content of this thread has always has something to do with kung fu, plus who can resist talking about Jet Li? hmm?

ok, im getting ahead of myself.

Tae Li;)

prana
03-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Joe, wushu chuan? sounds interesting... got a brief or long explanation. whats the five ancestors? how is it different from ordinary wushu?

I think JoeDoes's strength is in his movement. It is like a bulldozer, so get out of his way. At least, that is what I felt after crossing hands with him in the not too distant past...

joedoe
03-24-2002, 10:08 PM

Tae Li;)

Actually it is Wu Chu Chuan - very different. Also known as Ngor Chor, it is a Fukkien style and is far from acrobatic. Brief explanation of the 5 Ancestors - formed from the follwing 5 arts

White Crane
Monkey
Tai Tzu
Da Mo
Lohan

The arts were combined into a single style, taking the best that each foundation art had to offer.

Other than that, not much more to tell. The actual history of the art seems to be a little clouded - some schools follow one history, other schools follow a different history. No one knows for sure :) If you are interested in finding out more, PM me or something and I will see what I can dig up.

dezhen2001
03-25-2002, 06:46 AM
Silumkid and Tae Li: Yup - those movies really suck! Even the first one kinda did (Dennis Chan as Xian was pretty cool though). Sasha playes a stoned sounding kickboxer like no other can :) Did you check out Bloodsport 2 & 3? They suck also! Ron Hall in Bloodsport 2 was pretty good though.

Joedoe: I'd be interested in hearin gmore about 5 Ancerstors if u have the time. Especially Saam Chien and some of the other forms (as it's what's meant to have influenced Goju Karate right?).

Tae Li: good luck with the kickboxing and things :) What style do you practise anywayz? TKD?

I just bought 'the One' on VCD from Chinatown today WOOHOO! :cool: i love the effects in that movie. Jet plays a moody bad guy pretty well... the Xing Yi and Bagua looked interesting also.

Jon: if only i was in Sydney. I'd be intereste din having a go, except i just turned 22 in January :(

c ya,
david

wangsizhong
03-25-2002, 07:12 AM
i am going to stick up for every crappy sequel made to every north american martial arts movie ever made.
if it weren't for movies like bloodsport 2 + 3, best of the best 2, 3, 4 etc., i would have had a pretty boring summer.
every movie made about underground NHB tournament fighting is the same movie, with the same (no?) plot, but that's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. you find very little to get in the way of the action. theyre all pretty bad, but if they keep making the bad ones, one day they might stumble on a good one (1000 monkeys on 1000 typewriters coming up with hamlet = loads of screenwriters on loads of word processors coming up with a live action street fighter 2 movie that is actually worth seeing)

imagine:
jet li, jackie chan, michelle yeoh, donnie yen, etc. etc., in a tournament style movie where everyone has a really good reason to compete and an interesting backstory (that's not too long), with a really interesting villain who somehow screwed them all over.
for tae li's benefit, there could even be two or three jets (like in the one), with jet coming out on top.
of course jet has the philosophy that they shouldn't team up in one movie because then there's fewer movies, but whatever.
i can dream.

on a similar note, how come jet li isn't in a video game yet?
i was thinking you take his huang fei hung, fang shi yu, gabe, yulaw, and all his other characters and have them battle it out like tekken or dead or alive.

rambling complete
Wang Si Zhong

dezhen2001
03-25-2002, 07:43 AM
i agree wang :)

crappy sequels help you survive school vacations etc. (did you see the 'American Ninja' series?). We all must have hope that someday script writers will come up with an amazing action movie!

Hey, just thinking: the One must have been one of the best possible movies for you Tae Li. 'Your' Lian Jie as the hero and the villain :) (all 123 of them).

Tae Li: don't feel blue, just go and kick Jon's @ss and i'm sure you'll feel better :D (Lucky i'm all the way in the UK so you can't kick mine ;))

david

Sho
03-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Dont even think about suggesting this thread gets deletedNo worry, I have copied the whole thread on my harddrive. ;)

dezhen2001
03-25-2002, 09:21 AM
must take up quite a bit of hard drive space there!
r u trying to ge tin to the world record books with this thread Tae Li? ;)

david

Sho
03-25-2002, 09:30 AM
5mb at the moment :)

dezhen2001
03-25-2002, 09:31 AM
that is quite a lot for txt my friend!:eek:

david

KC Elbows
03-25-2002, 09:41 AM
Wasn't Kung Lek supposed to delete this thread last month?

He must be behind schedule. Maybe Gene will take care of it for him.

Just think of all the freed bandwidth.

C'mon, Kung Lek, you know you want to do it. Are ya chicken?

Renegade Monk would do it.

Silumkid
03-25-2002, 10:53 AM
How dare you!?!?! Delete this thread....sure, if Kung Lek and Renegade Monk want a full bore revolution on their hands, you dirty rotten #%#*&%#@&*%@*&%!!!!!!! ;)

Too bad I'm not in OZ either...I could use some good basho!

Also, jon, I haven't forgotten about you....just haven't found those references yet. I know I have them somewhere.

OK, so crap sequels have their place. I admit it. But it doesn't mean I still can't hate on them. And, for the record, I have NEVER watched an American Ninja movie. :cool:

wang, dig the quote by the way. You can't do much better than everybody's favorite wrestler RVD in my view. Well, except for mine. :p

And yeah, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee have had video games and another Bruce Lee one is on the way...what about Jet!?!?!

Sho
03-25-2002, 11:04 AM
This thread is number one!

There is that game Jet is playing in the VCD player commercial. :) Would be quite cool actually.

KC Elbows
03-25-2002, 11:08 AM
C'mon, Kung Lek. Everyone's doin' it. You want to be cool, dontcha? C'mon, you know it'll be fun, just one little click on the shiny red candylike "Delete Thread" button.

Succumb to the dark side. Remember how they all made unkind accusations about you for deleting their last off topic post? Was that fair? No, you were just doing your duty, but what do you get for it? "Got Ki?" bumper stickers and a lifetime of looking through threads with titles like "bjj-any good?" so that you can delete some troll post.

Show them who is boss. Strike this thread down. Give in to your anger, and together you and Gene can rule...

Silumkid
03-25-2002, 11:12 AM
I am your father's brother's cousin's former roommate!

KC Elbows
03-25-2002, 11:14 AM
The transvestite?

Silumkid
03-25-2002, 11:24 AM
No, that was Dave....I was the one with the electrical outlet in place of my third vertebre. All whacky and neato to have at parties!

KC Elbows
03-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, Rotillo, the Human Outlet! How's it going?

NOTE TO KUNG LEK:

Doesn't it get more and more tempting to delete the thread with each additional post? Imagine, one simple deletion, and all of kung fu online would know your power. It must be tempting. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you should, say, falter one morning, and this thread were to go away forever. Not one bit. After all, you're only human.

Tae Li
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
yuen! indeed this the the BEST thread! you have it saved on harddrive???? that is soooooo sweet! even I havent gotten round to doing that!!

Dez2001- record? absolutely!:D

Wang- i think its would be a briliant idea to put all these martial artists in the one movie in a tournament style movie, but of course J et will be the only onw with victory at the end cos he will be the protagonist.

Anyway i think he and Jackie are planning to work n a movie together, but cos they both work with diff genres (jacki is humour and jet is soley action) it might be a bit, i dont know, different.

But acting is acting right? the martial arts scenes should be the most important anyway.

Yeah, plus the reason why i love The One so much is BECAUSE OF JETS CHARACTERS, im tellin ya, when i was in the cinema and all his pics came up as the victims of yulaw i laughed so loud EVERYONE was looking, and at the begining i was hysterical anyway..... people thought fcuk shes obsessed! or crazy, or simply on drugs.

no worries, i dont need to kick Jons asss anymore cos the blues are sort of over...

and for those who dont know, it is TKD that i train in (dont even THINK ABOUT commenting.....):cool:

Silumkid...how u going buddy? we need a Jet Li video game AND biography, AND blowup doll, AND bedsheets with his pic on them AND um, errrr, right back on track.

Kung Lek is much too smart to mess with an obsessed female fan of Jet Li, u know how us women get.. right?

plus, i changed my mind, im not going to fight in Korea anymore, i decided im buying a plane ticket to Kansas City to pay KC Elbows a little visit.....

Tae Li

;)

Silumkid
03-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Rest assured you can leave me out of the blow-up doll part. :eek:

Tae Li
03-25-2002, 03:46 PM
are u sure??? maybe u just need time to think about Silum....;)

lol.

There are some crap threads out there these days...huh? no, not this thread.

im late for class. again.

plus im sending Jet another fan question.... we want a biograpghy and video game asap!

Tae Li;)

does anyone know where in Kansas City KC Elbows lives????

KC Elbows
03-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Kansas side.

There's your first clue. Unfortunately, it will be gone once Kung Lek destroys this thread, which he will. Oh yes he will. I would. Silumkid told me privately that he would to, but he didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Fortunately for me I'm a mean mean man. Just like Kung Lek. He's my hero. I can't wait to watch him delete this thread.

Kung Lek's the man.

diego
03-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Does this thread pertain to interest's of jetlee or taeli:confused:

Tae Li
03-25-2002, 05:21 PM
It pertains interest to the martial artist of wushu, Jet Li, from them artial artists perspective of Tae Li, who's art is Taekwondo.

capiche'?

so overall it serves the purpose of this forum which is centralised around different martial arts and different martial artists.

and you name me one thread that hasnt gone off track just a bit!

30 pages and going....

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
03-25-2002, 06:32 PM
reasons for keeping this thread alive:

1. most of the off - topic stuff comes from the people who want to kill the thread anyway

2. killing a thread because it is popular seems counterproductive

3. like in wrestling, people will continue to read this thread simply to see how long it will survive (meaning we need kc elbows messing about to keep the tensions going)

4. there is important news scattered within the fanboy/fangirl rambling

5. all the big name kfo'ers come here to see what's going on. even wushu chik has condescended to post here!

btw silumkid, i was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice the quote. i was beginning to think i was the only RVD fan on the board. maybe i should start my own thread. RVD vs. jet...hmmm
incidentally, RVD plays the role of some villain in the sequel to the black mask (the claw?). it was filmed a long time ago, but i don't think it's been released yet. i'm sure jet's not in the sequel
but maybe someday they'll share the screen.

Wang Si Zhong

jon
03-25-2002, 08:56 PM
hhaha this thread has come another three pages and its still funny as ever:D
KC Elbows is now my new hero that was to cool:cool:
Besides you KNOW if the thread gets deleated we will just have Li Lian Jie 2 the next day:p
You cant stop the movement, what ever exactly that er movement is;)

Here is a peice of totaly off topic news which keeps making me laugh.
I was once told by Ego that i live my life like a Bgrade Shaw brothers movie. He seems to get more right by the month.
On top of doing kung fu full time my sifu has just gotten me a job in his brothers resteruant. His brother also knows kung fu;)
Its a Chinese resteruant and i just help out and do deliverys but it should be fun anyway. Apperently his brother is a REALLY good cook and i could learn a bit while im there :)
hehe of course the silly part is my hours are totaly made so i can still come to class everyday.
I REALLY have to learn Chinese :(

Errr to try and be kinda half ON topic.
Anyone else rememer that bit in Kung Fu Cult Master when Samo Hung (Chang San Feng) is teaching Jet the Tai Chi?
Errr was cool :)

Silumkid
03-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Just like any good diplomat (as you all know I am) I will deny, deny, deny KC's claims. However, if you ask me directly what I said, I will evade the question by saying I already answered that. :D

Sammo rocked in Kung Fu Cult Master. One of my favorite movies of his is STILL Pantyhose Heroes, though. If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor. SEE IT NOW! Great, exceptional fight scenes.

I am pondering the possibilities of the Jet/Jackie collaboration. Wouldn't it be sweet to see Jackie play a villian in a big movie for once, not some piece of garbage like Killer Meteors? But of course, a North/South China culture clash type of movie might play well too if done right....Jackie as Southerner, like Wong Fei-Hung type, Jet as Northerner like Fong Sai-Yuk? I don't know, just bouncing ideas...

I had heard about RVD being in Black Mask 2 and you are right, I don't think it has been released yet. He was also in some other movie I have forgotten the name of...some sort of underground martial arts type of thing...Bloodmoon or something? He also made an appearnance on TNN's short running (crappy) series 18 Wheels of Justice! Yee haw! But anyhow, you are right, Jet was not in BM2.

"It's 4:19...just one Van Dam minute!"

dezhen2001
03-26-2002, 02:20 AM
how come none of u guys are ever online at the same time as me :(

Kung Fu Cult Master rocks! But one of my fav. Sammo movies is his 'Encounters of the Spooky Kind'. Pretty cool...

KC Elbows: good post. But the lure of Li Lian Jie just made you post here like the rest of us ;)

Tae Li: just click your red shoes together 3 times to get to Kansas from Oz :D

david

man my touch typing sucks :(

dezhen2001
03-26-2002, 06:30 AM
:eek: i can't believe how bored i was today and actually read this WHOLE thread from start to finish (while meant to be studying) :eek:

some of the highlights:

1) the battle between Tae Li and Wushu Chik
2) Jon saying Jet Li was gay
3) Tae Li asking ppl to 'start' on her to boost the ratings of the thread
4) Silumkid's 'review' of Dragons of the Orient
5) KC Elbows actually responding about Jet movies: Black Mask etc. (you know ur a fan really ;))
6) All the stoopid jokes

my spelling really sucks :(

:D

david

KC Elbows
03-26-2002, 07:40 AM
Yes, just click on the "Delete Thread" button, Kung Lek! You are under my control. You will delete this thread, with all its happy joy joy ranting and endless pages. Destroy, my zombie moderator! Destroy!

wangsizhong
03-26-2002, 07:50 AM
dezhen2001,

i realize that studying leads one to do anything but study, but the WHOLE thread?!?

kc raises an interesting match possibility:

zombie kung lek vs. crazed tae li.

mindless destruction vs. love struck devotion.

i'll take bets till midnight.

speaking of jet li...nope, i just can't get this post on topic.

Wang Si Zhong

dezhen2001
03-26-2002, 07:55 AM
i realize that studying leads one to do anything but study, but the WHOLE thread?!?

Hey - it was still more interesting than the boring tutorial i had to go to :)

zombie kung lek vs. crazed tae li.

Kinda like Encounters of the Spooky Kind!
i'll give you 5/1 on Kung Lek... what'll u bet?

now on to jet li... can't seem to think of anything right now :D

david

Tae Li
03-26-2002, 04:58 PM
Im laughing my asss off! your taking bets?!!??!! my goodness, what has the world come to?:eek:

i clicked my red shoes 1500000 and im still in OZ, i think il have to resort to plane to get to Kansas city, and get whats his face out of school!:p

Dez... you read the whole thread?? holy crap! but i understand, when you want to avoid studying you will do ANYTHING!

I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA! maybe we can write a whole move script based on what we will think is a great martial arts epic with Jet and Jacki and Sammo and all the rest, and we will make it so briliant that i garantee in a few years time that cant resist making it!! what do you say?????? but og course ill have to give it to Jet personally.... by myself.... ahrm ahrm.

Jon, i want a job in a chinese resturant cos than that means i get to meet cute chinese boys!!!! its not fair, il keep practising my chinese and just rock up to any rest. and say "you need worker?"

i have a voodoo doll with me now..... KC, u wanna chalenge? ru feeling any pain yet? come on admit it, this thread must be pretty good for u to come back and keep posting here......:p

thia forum is such a distraction its not funny! so Kung Lek better take that into consideration.... we are giving up precious moments in our life to be here on line posting on these threads, so if it gets deleated, oh boy, are you in for a war. thats NOT threat. really. its not.

maybe i need KUNG Leks address as well just in case.....;)

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-27-2002, 03:12 AM
I love Jet Li. He is the greatest martial artists. and actor. and man.

and he is so God ****n sexy!:eek:

ok, come on KC...where are u? can u possibly resisit this?

So no one knows when Hero is going to come out?

By the way, there are quite a few people here that know bagua and xingyi, u would never expect it for some reason.

But for those who do study both forms or either one what do u prefer and why?

im just curious. And the truth is i wouldnt have even known about either fighting style if it wasnt for The One.....

Tae Li;)

jon
03-27-2002, 03:30 AM
"But for those who do study both forms or either one what do u prefer and why? "
* I prefer Bagua becouse its what the good Jet uses and we all know how that fight works out;)

XingYi= Evil
Bagua= Good

The choice is obvious surely ?

dezhen2001
03-27-2002, 03:50 AM
But for those who do study both forms or either one what do u prefer and why?

well, i don't study either, but i think ba gua looks so cool :) You can circle around your opponent and make them dizzy and all (kidding!) :D

howz the ba gua training going anyway Jon? sounds sweet...

I liked seeing Jet do drunken style in Shaolin Temple. That pole vs. sword fight when they were both drunk made me crack up :D

david

jon
03-27-2002, 04:44 AM
Hi David
Bagua is going great although the darn stuff just seems to get more and more complicated.
The power generation and body mechanic aspects really take a while to come to grips with. Every move i make i feel like ive stuffed up about fourteen parts of it - usualy i have:(
Great fighting system though ive been sparring a lot and its worked absolute wonders on my defence, although my attacking game needs a little more work.
How have you been anyway how is wing chun?
Have you seen much Bagua outside of 'The One'?
Its well worth having a look for some vids or something its a great looking system to see. Also kinda different, i was not expecting Bagua to look or feel the way it does.

The drunken fight in Shaolin Temple was pretty cool but it annoyed me the way it was all shot at night. I mean was it SUCH a stretch to figure out that would be harder for us as the viewers to see?
Then when they race off on horseback it suddenly switches to day time again:rolleyes:

Jet also does some half decent drunken in Last Hero In China, which is a SHOCKING movie but does have that one bit of redeeming Jet drunkeness. Plus the stupidest thing ive yet seen, Jet doing Chicken kung fu:eek:

I LOVE drunken boxing, Bagua reminds me of drunken without the errr drinking :D

dezhen2001
03-27-2002, 04:46 AM
if you have time to chat, come over to the chatroom :)
http://www.kungfuonline.com/chat.html

i was chatting to our host earlier, may as well chat to another Auzzie as well :D

Chicken Kung Fu: have you seen a very bad Jackie movie called 'Master with cracked fingers'? It has some fish and crab gong fu in it i think and really sux :D Gets my vote in beating the Chicken style done by our man (Tae Li's man) Jet!

david

Tae Li
03-27-2002, 04:54 AM
31 pages!

i think im gonna cry.....

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
03-28-2002, 01:45 AM
i've been thinking this thread needs to make way for the future.
it has nothing left to prove.
no information that can't be posted by way of the pop culture forum or PM
its had a good run.
its been helpful.
one way to not let it get erased by kc elbows' zombie is to let it wander into the distance.
let's not let it outlive its height of glory
farewell, "li lian jie"
we'll remember you in future threads...

-Wang Si Zhong (with all due respect to Tae Li)

Tae Li
03-28-2002, 01:52 AM
WHAT????????????????????????/

WHAT R U TRYING TO SAYY????

WHAT? TELL ME!

YOU WANNA KILL MY THREAD?
WANG...YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON I THOUGHT WOULD SUGGEST IT...... IM DISSAPOINTED AND SHOCKED AND DEVESTATED, I NEED TO LIE DOWN.

Tae Li

dezhen2001
03-28-2002, 05:16 PM
DEMISE...:eek: :( :confused: :( :eek:
i thought we were going for a record here ;)

Jon: the wing chun is going about as good as your bagua i guess... :D usually i stuff it up. As i'm at University, i don't have any people to play Chi Sau with, which is really frustrating. I'm practising my SLT a lot, but my sensitivity is not so good. I only get to see Sifu about once a month. It's real hard to 'un train' from everything i've done before.
I have seen some Bagua before, but just the form, none of the applications etc. But i have seen Taijiquan,so know that Bagua will also be powerful :)

I always wondered about that part in the movie... I like the drunken scene with the sword and pole (when he rescues his Shifu's daughter) better than what happens outside. Some of the other action is very choreographed and not as fluid as things are now, but it's still cool. What's your view on this Tae Li? ;)

trying to keep this thread alive...
david

--- why delete this thread though? It keeps all of our slightly OT (but jet li related) chats in the one thread instead of spreading to loadsa others. Also, it's fun here, no dissing or challenging etc. going on (as we all know who the boss is ;)).

Tae Li
03-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanx for making the effort to keep this thread alive David!:)

BUT when it comes to Drunken kungfu I like to hand it down to Jacki Chan actualy in drunken master i think it is, part 1, 2 and 3.

His very god, with no offence to the love of my life Jet, but the scene your talking about is also cool, ESPECIALLY when he rescues the girl! how romantic! yes im a big romantic blah blah blah.

plus, im not going to sit here and list all the reasons in the worl why this thread should not be deleted because i would just be wasting my time.

IM GOING FOR A RECORD AND NOONE IS GETTING IN MY WAY, with Kung Lek's approval of course.:)

How many different styles or forms in bagua and xingyi, the reason ask this is cos the styles that Jet presents in The One, is that like a general style or is it many forms (like there is in kungfu) combined in a one fighting scene. u know how there are a lot of forms, how many forms are there in bagua and xingyi and approximately how long does it take to learn them? easy to grasp?

Jon can answer part of this question.... u should know right?

there are like NO books on bagua and xingyi, its ridicoulous, or maybe im looking in the worng bookstore who knows....

i never knew how far this thread would go cos i wasnt sure how people on the forum would react to Li Lian Jie, but now that im here are far too motivated to let it go. het its martial arts right? lets be fair.... i think people cant handle that a GIRL can actually comethis far on a martial arts forum, well guess what boys? I have:p

and i APPRECAITE all the participation, its really groovy. lets have fun and include Jet Li in it... lmao

plus we need Ryu, KC elbows, Kristoffer and all the others that hate Jet so much to keep the tension going.... what more fun is there than that???? hmmmmm?

Tae Li;) aka Li Lian Jie lover:p (bart simpson laugh when he does something naughty)

dezhen2001
03-28-2002, 08:16 PM
:eek: that was a huuuge post Tae Li! :D

Actually, i like Jackies Drunken Master movies a lot too (1 and 2. 3 was a rip off i think?). But i also like that specific scene in Shaolin Temple. It just makes me crack up :)

I think Jon or some of the others will be better at answering the Xing Yi and Bagua questions... i've only seen Bagua and the PRC Wushu Bagua form (both on video). Don't have much experience there i'm afraid. Still, looks good in the movie though ;)

Xing Yi vs. Bagua. Straight versus Circular. A good idea if u ask me :)

I'm sure there are some books available on Bagua etc. hmmm... dunno about in Australia though!

Silumkid
03-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Re: Hsing-I & Baguazhang forms...my experience is very limited, but I don't think there are any forms in these. From what I have learned so far (very little) it has only been principles, usages, direction changes...

The thing I like about Jet/Jackie drunken styles...they each have their own special flavor. In my view, Jackie is very fluid, but Jet's seems more powerful!

The thing I like about Jet's movies is that it seems he has put real effort into bringing something different into each one, especially action wise.

I'd elaborate more, but I only have time for a short post.

Keep this thread alive! Li Lian Jie thread will NEVER die! WAAASSAAAAHHHHHH!

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 07:17 AM
WAAASSAAAAHHHHHH! :D

I think that it's great how Jet tries to show different styles of gong fu and martial arts in each movie. Kinda showing the world what Wushu has to offer everyone, not just the same old thing. But Chicken gong fu though.... :D

click here for more info on Xing Yi and Bagua. (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11275) Hope this helps you out Tae Li :)

Hey KC, where's ur Buddhist Mafia? I thought after yesterday you would have at least tried to X me out during the night or sumthin :p

c ya,
david

Sho
03-30-2002, 10:22 AM
By the way (not to be rude or anything) Jackie Chan didn't star in Drunken Master III, because it had scenes with wirework so Jackie refused. Then Lau Ka Leung starred instead.

Sho
03-30-2002, 10:23 AM
double

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Yup - 3 was a rip off, not a good one at that... Legend of Drunken Master as well... :)

david

Sho
03-30-2002, 01:28 PM
I like Jackie's films which are directed by Yuen Wo Ping, such as Drunken Master I and Snake In The Eagle's Shadow.

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Jackie's the man :D Although i like Jet Li, i've been collecting Jackies movies for a while :) I like his old movies, but my favourite era is the mid/late 80's.

I liked Jet first back in the early 90's when he did OUATIC and FOL. 2 of my greatest movies ever :) Can't forget Kung Fu Cult Master or Tai Chi Master either...

ah, so many movies, but so little time :(:)

david

Silumkid
03-30-2002, 02:15 PM
Just a little somethin' somethin' I had heard about Drunken Rip-Off 3...the story as was relayed to me was that Jackie and the original director of DM2 had an artistic falling out and Jackie fired him. Jackie took over as director of DM2. The original director then made DM3 as sort of a slap in Jackie's face. Jackie was never up for the role at all.

A lot of folks dog on Jet for that chicken-fu thing, and it was a little silly, but I really appreciated how it keep in tune with many Chinese legends. How many other stories are there of a person being exasperated trying to figure out a good fighting style/counter to another style and seeing the inspiration in nature? I can think of two right away...the origins of praying mantis and white crane. It's all in how you look at it. :cool:

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Silumkid: i just thought Chicken style was funny, that's all. Actually it was pretty cool! :cool:

I'd heard the same thing as you about DM3, so don't have anything else to bring to the table...

Any more news on the Jackie/Jet collaboration btw?

Well, i need some food... be back online in a bit :p

david

Silumkid
03-30-2002, 02:45 PM
dezhen: That "chicken" thing wasn't at you....your post just reminded me of it, that's all. I've heard lots of other people dog it, though. :D

As far as I know, the Jet/Jackie project is only "in development" which means, realistically, it could be months to a year before we hear anything solid, depending on how far along they already are.

I'm also curious to know if anyone has heard anything new about Jet's "Monk in New York" project...has it been shelved, gone into rewrites, not gonna happen...any news at all? I've heard nothing.

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Don't worry mate - if it was aimed at me i'd have ducked! :D Just stating my own opinion anyway.

Maybe that Monk in NY has been shelved ofr a while because Van Damme has come out with his own 'Monk' movie... which should be a right laugh! has anyone seen it yet?

david

dezhen2001
03-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Silumkid: if u wanna chat, then come to the chatroom :) I'm there most times i'm online

KFO chatroom (http://www.kungfuonline.com/chat.html)

david

wangsizhong
03-31-2002, 01:41 AM
as far as i know, jet's monk movie wasn't cancelled because of a vandamme movie but because of chow yun fat's "bulletproof monk" which is based on a comic book
the day jet is shelved in favor of van damme will be a day long remembered as the greatest MA injustice in the film industry...
right now chow yun fat has bigger box office pull than jet (crouching tiger and anna and the king are still better known than the one or kiss of the dragon.)
maybe after hero jet will get more attention as a "serious" action actor
-wang si zhong

jon
03-31-2002, 03:11 AM
"maybe after hero jet will get more attention as a "serious" action actor "
* hehe WHAT, Jet Li a 'serious actor'???
:p

Tae Li
03-31-2002, 04:19 AM
ahrm ahrm ahrm.... i hope all you boys out there know where u stand when it comes to standign near Jet..... yes thats right...
u get to hold his umbrella....

:cool: :p

he is a 'serious actor' .... jacki chan is the one who isnt serious.

Jet is humble and sincere and serious in all his characters.. esp. fist of legend... just thinking about him in that movie gives me good goosebumps. lol i think i just made up the good goosebumps effect. see what stress does to you?

just think of jet, just think of jet, just think of jet....

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
03-31-2002, 04:22 AM
btw.... got a new inspirational Jet quote, check it out.

Sho
03-31-2002, 04:39 AM
He was quite playful in Fong Sai Yuk, don't you think?

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2002, 04:53 AM
Somebody's having trouble distinguishing serious actors from kungfu action stars.

Serious actors: Robert Mitchum, Burt Lancaster, Robert Downey Jr., Marlon Brando, Ed Norton, Denzel Washington, Toshiro Mifune, Sihung Lung, Winston Chao.

Here's a good rule: if you've never been in a movie where you don't kick a lot of @ss, or where @sskicking is not a major theme you aren't a serious actor.

dezhen2001
03-31-2002, 06:37 AM
CST: Toshiro Mifune is quite the gem. I would class him as a 'serious actor' and a 'samurai actor'. He played that role very well :)

Wangsizhong: I was just speculating, as we had no idea. It would be a very bad and gloomy day indeed... thx for the correction :)

maybe after hero jet will get more attention as a "serious" action actor - made perfect sense to me. serious ACTION actor ;)

david

wangsizhong
03-31-2002, 07:13 AM
david,
you got the closest to the intent of my post
"serious" is in quotes therefore meant as the view of other people
not "serious actor" but "serious action actor"
my point was not whether or not jet is a serious actor or serious action actor, but whether people will recognize him as what he is
if i say "i watched a jet li movie" to my friends, i get laughed at
if i say "i watched a chow yun fat movie" to my friends they either say "i liked anna and the king" or they say "i still have to see crouching tiger"
jet li has a stigma attached to him. chow yun fat doesn't
jackie chan doesnt either. "jet li is too violent, jackie chan is fun (or funny"

jet won't go fully mainstream until he has a breakthrough movie that gets written up in time magazine or the ny times as "the greatest thing to come out of china since crouching tiger"
hero might do that. kiss of the dragon didn't.

as much as tae li loves jet, she won't sway the public's opinion
my bet is that if jet and chow yun fat had their monk movies go head to head, chow would clean up.

that's why jet's got shelved
when jet and jackie team up, people will go to see jackie and be surprised by jet. (unless hero does make it like is being predicted)

in other news, i hear shaolin soccer is getting released in the US market. go see it. its hilarious.

-Wang Si Zhong

dezhen2001
03-31-2002, 08:20 AM
wangsizhong: I was going to use the word 'mainstream' in my post before, but i didn't because i don't like the word :) I agree that people seem to just think of Jet either as someone like Wong Fei Hung, or in a more violent way (KOTD was actually very dark). Hopefully Hero will be great!

Don't worry about Tae Li, I'm sure she'll succeed in her mission somehow! Just getting us to talk about Jet means she has already achieved it! :p

btw: Shaolin soccer is hilarious in a kinda 'it sucks' way. But i saw the Mandarin VCD with no subs, so couldn't really understand much of it :(

david

Sho
03-31-2002, 09:13 AM
I've seen the Cantonese version of Shaolin Soccer and it really kicks butt. Literarily. :)

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Sorry to be such a pr!ck b@stard about 'serious acting,' but mistaking art for entertainment -or worse, vice versa- is a pet peeve of mine.

Besides, I have my reputation to maintain.

Silumkid
03-31-2002, 01:44 PM
Awww, Chang.....no worries. You are among friends here! Although I would say that if we stuck with your rule about "serious" acting, more than half of what you listed would be eliminated. :D

dezhen, sorry I didn't get to the chatroom the other day. I was making a new post and then someone called and booted me offline. :mad:

I think there have been some good points raised as to perception of some actors over others, but I think it goes a lot further than Crouching Tiger...Jet has always been a martial arts actor. Chow started off doing the darker, heroic bloodshed type movies. That's what people remember despite the fact that Chow has been in some really bad movies, a couple even worse than Jet's worst. But again, people remember The Killer as a major cult classic. Jet hasn't had that outside of martial art circles. However, Jet's American movies have fared much better in the box office receipts than Chow's....go figure.

But anyhow, I have no doubt that Hero will be awesome!

dezhen2001
03-31-2002, 03:14 PM
Silumkid: no worries about the chatroom. I'm always getting dis-connected and have to restart anyway.

CSN: there is a difference between art and media. Most people don't see it. Thanks for raising the point :)

Yuen: wish i had seen the cantonese version, then i could understand more. I'm by no means fluent. but can get the gist of what's happening (sometimes). Mandarin i have no chance!

How come heroic bloodshed movies seem to be clased as more 'artsy' than MA movies? There's nothing artistic about Chow Yun Fat getting shot 200 times :D

david

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2002, 04:09 PM
"if we stuck with your rule about "serious" acting, more than half of what you listed would be eliminated. "

Well, duh! I don't hate trash, I love it. I just don't mistake it for art (which I also love) is all.

Tonight I've rented "The Swimmer" based on a short story by John Cheever about a suburbanite's midlife crisis. It's supposed to have one of Lancaster's most powerful performances.

Later this week I'm catching "Blade II."

So there.

jon
04-01-2002, 05:32 AM
This is totaly off topic but then again so is this thread half the time...
I got Drunken Master 2 today on Dvd FINALY...
There is only one small problem. Its a region three disk and dispite having obviously the mandarin and canto track it has NO subtitles for english:eek:
There is an actual english language track but i HATE dubbing with a feirce burning passion that simply wont go away. I can hardly handly watching Jacky dressed in full traditional chinese clothing whilst talking with a bad american accent. The sound is also only in Dolby surround which blows goats for my 5.1 setup!
I cant believe the Hong Kong film industry sometimes, i mean it takes them YEARS to release one of there own best films on DVD whilst americans have access to it on there own region (1). Its criminal to realise that after all this time the actual Hong Kong version is basicaly ****e!

There is of course one massive upside to all of this...
I can FINALY watch Jacky ****ed beating up his own bodygaurd when ever i choose. Im pretty sure DM2 is my all time favorite kung fu movie.

Also someone made the comment earlyer that Jacky refused DM3 on account of the wirework. There is actualy a fair wack of wirework in DM2 ( it keeps him standing:p) although its not hardly as noticable and is for different affect.

God darn that movie rocks SO hard, i showed my non kung fu friend and he just couldnt believe it lol :)
He had seen Jacky but never like that :p

Sho
04-01-2002, 06:24 AM
Yes, Drunken Master 2 is an awesome movie! Infact I'm planning to buy that on DVD, but first I have to finish off my Jet Li collection. Still 12 movies left of my Jet DVD collection plus the three documentaries.

Tae Li
04-03-2002, 04:10 AM
Wahts going on here??? I MISS MY THREAD!!!!

Hey Yuen..... can i have your Jet Li collection?

Ill send you a pic of me or something:D LMAO!

Drunken Master.....dont get Jon started on this one, he wont stop.

Hey Dragon, remember YOU leant me the video to watch before my tournament years ago hoping that i would pick up on some moves???lol

I sent this massive complaint letter to Jet Li's fan club complaining like a winging ol no body about how they always say Jet is doing this and that and blah blah blah, WHAT ABOUT FAN MAIL DEDICATION HUH?:mad:

yeah, so they are like we will pass on your question to Jet as soon as possible... heheheh, I always get my way...actually not really.

Tae Li;)

Sho
04-03-2002, 05:56 AM
Tae Li, my Jet Li collection is worth money. It's all I have! :p

KC Elbows
04-03-2002, 10:48 AM
This just isn't fair. The Jet Li thread goes to thirty gagillion posts, but what about John Claude Van Damme? How do you think he feels? The man stretches and stretches, and then Jet Li comes around, and everyone is like "You mean he's flexible and does martial arts too?"

Its a **** shame. Used to be all a man had to do to get by in this world was a little steroids, some chair strectches, and POOF, big movie deals.

Its a sad day when belgian muscle heads who can do chinese splits can't get work just because of some guy who knows a bunch of kung fu.

Tae Li, I hope you're happy.

Tigerstyle
04-03-2002, 11:10 AM
KC's right! This Jet Li guy is Bogarting the US action movie industry! Granted I've never heard of this John Claude guy, but he should get together with Larry Schwarzenegger and Frank Stallone and push to bring back movies full of big guns, big explosions, gratuitous nudity and steroid pumping freaks!

Roc Doc
04-03-2002, 11:29 AM
anyone ever seen the glossy 8.5 by 11 mag/booklet that came out when this movie was first released????
hmmmmmmm...... maybe some of you were not here yet......
it was really cool.... i used to have one but someone borrowed it and it never returned.
r.d.

Sho
04-03-2002, 01:18 PM
I think it would be great if Jet would completely quit the Hollywood movie industry.

Tae Li
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
LMAO!!!!:D

I THINK ALL YOU BOYS ARE ASKINHG FOR IT AND YOUR MESSING WITH THE WRONG LADY HERE PEOPLE!!!!!!

frank stallone? good one. i used to Love stalone, but something went wrong when i discovered he was a p!iss arse sh!ihead who treated the people in his house (yes the servants) like trash.

but anyway....
and speaking about John Claude, who makes me nauseaus, in a bad way,

is it true that he had to operate on his thighs cos he was desperate to do the splits and so forced himself to stretch that much???

these man will NEVER EVER compete with Li Lian Jie, EVER, its not even a question of thought!

YUEN, ok, ive got the cash, you sure you got the merchandise?

where in the global arena are you located? we can meet half way, oh, and COME ALONE, I REPEAT, COME ALONE.

its a done deal my freind.

Tae Li

;)

Sho
04-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Dear Tae Li, it is better for you to buy them from your home country. I'm living at the moment in Finland so it might be a problem too! Second, my Jet collection is like a goldmine to me, so I wouldn't want to get rid of it. I'm as Jet fan as you are, but of course in a bit different way. :D

I'm sure you can find the same and more movies from Australia. To be honest, Finland is very limited when it comes to foreign movies other than American.

Tae Li
04-03-2002, 04:25 PM
Dear Dear Yuen, i hate to be the one to break the news to you, but i wasnt actually serious..... daaaahhhhhhhhh.

Like im really can meet you half way acroos the world to take your precious Jet Li collection..... unless i was completely high and out of my mind I would but otherwise......tsk tsk

I would rather waste my money to getting to the SOURCE, which is the man himself... dont worry im working on it! thumbs up, here I come.

Tae Li;)

dont you just love power? mixed with insanity? aaaahhhhhhhhhhaa.

Sho
04-04-2002, 06:38 AM
I know you weren't serious, but wanted to help if you are willing to buy Jet Li movies. ;)

Silumkid
04-04-2002, 10:25 AM
Maybe if Van Damme would spend more time working on better scripts instead of the same old "You make mad, I kick high and scream for 2 minutes in slow motion" stories, he wouldn't have to worry about his pathetic career. Same with that chubby jerk-o Seagal...there is only so many times I can watch a movie where the bad guys even act like they worship him before I say "When again did Seagal go into infomercials about himself?" I'm referring specifically to one of his movies (I can't remember the title, something about an oil rig I think) where the lead villain tirades for about 5 MINUTES about how tough Seagal is. What crap.

The Jet Li thread will NEVER die! Bwaaa hahahahahahaaa!

Kristoffer
04-04-2002, 12:57 PM
this thread sux :rolleyes:

Tae Li
04-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanx Kristoffer:)

you no good ##%@&**&^% ##@$%^&&%@@##^%*!!!

heheh,

Vandamme is goona make my thread sick actually....the only movie i liked him in was Wrong Bet.... and the fighting in Bloodsport was ok,

but i cant seriously critisize one Jet Li movie....ok, im lying.

Siluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm:D hi.

Tae Li;)

Sharky
04-04-2002, 05:07 PM
i've missed this thread totally.

Silumkid
04-09-2002, 03:45 PM
Taeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! :D What's up, baby girl?

So any release date yet for Hero? Can you tell I am anxious?

500 and counting, you muthas! Can you dig it, SUCKAS!?

dezhen2001
04-09-2002, 03:54 PM
TTTTTaaaaaaaeee Liiiiiiii! How is everything? :) This thread will never die :)

I'm looking forward to Hero as well... Went to see Blade - awesome movie! Donnie Yen handles the fighting and cinematography really well. Not much flying or anything either!:cool:

david