PDA

View Full Version : Li Lian Jie (Jet Li)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tae Li
12-31-2001, 05:56 PM
Li Lian Jie....

Ok, Im starting a new thread strictly dedicated to Jet Li....His style, moveis, philosophy....anything and EVERYTHING!

I will have regular updates and would LOVE heaps of feedback and whatever you discover thats new...just type it in!

I know... Im obsessed.........

One of the reason's I think he deserves this effort is because he is a great martial artist on and off screen......

His next movie "The One" comes out in cinema's in Australia on January 10th. To find out when its showing in other countries, just go to www.netasia.net/users/sgc_wdi/news.htm

Yes, well, this is only an introduction, but I will def. bring in heaps of topics.

It will be greatly appreciated if you contribute to this thread...and if not...thanks anyway. Remember theres lots to talk about...wushu, philosophy, religion, movies, anything and everything as long as at some point it is associated with Li Lian.

Thanks so much and hope you enjoy all future posts.
;)

Tae Li.

NafAnal
12-31-2001, 08:31 PM
I firmly believe the one could have been the pinnacle of all martial arts movies. The idea was great, it had the special effects to back it up, in the right hands it could have been a great classic. but as ever with many of jet's films it was very badly executed. only 1 hr and 10 mins long, jason statham put on a godawful accent, the fight scenes were too few and far between and there's no way ba gua shouldda beaten xingyi....

However the few fight scenes that were present blew me away, especially the first one. jeez they were good...

Richie
12-31-2001, 08:49 PM
there's no way ba gua shouldda beaten xingyi.... ? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Fish of Fury
12-31-2001, 08:55 PM
I met jet li here in Sydney, back in 1986

had his autograph and lost it.
had a video of him visiting our club...think i've lost that too.

I'd forget my own head if it wasn't screwed o...
AW CRAP!!!
any body seen my head...big round thing, looks kinda like a cabbage with eyes?!

jon
12-31-2001, 09:54 PM
Here's my favorite five Jet Li movies, for some unknown reason
5 Swordsman 2
4 Shaolin Temple
3 Tai Chi Master
2 Kung Fu Cult Master
1 Once upon a time in china 2

Thats my little list anyway
anyone else got any favorites?
The headbutting fight in Tai Chi master and the Dragon claw vs Solar fight in Kung Fu cult master are two of my favorite fight scences ever.

Oh and Fish your head is behind the fridge... again! This happened last time im not telling you again...

taijiquan_student
12-31-2001, 11:11 PM
Fist of Legend rules.

Tae Li
01-01-2002, 12:06 AM
:D

Firstly, its GREAT that there are responses!

I agree Fist Of legend rules!!!

NafAnal.....'The One' hasnt come out in Australia yet, but now Im dissapointed that its only an hour and ten minutes long! Thats NOT long enough!!!!!! From the previews that I saw its quite similar to the effects portrayed in The Matrix...Jet thinks the best fight scene is at the very end..I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Fish of Fury , I AM JEALOUS!! SO JEALOUS! you got to meet him? wow! Thats a dream come true for me...except when I do meet him there is a 100%chance I will propose then and there...heheh, his wife wont be too happy!

Jon! Buddy! Glad to see you posted! My fav Jet movies? ummm, abit hard, considering I love them all, but i think that Fist Of legend tops the lot, and Body guard from Beijing, Hitman and Kiss of the Dragon. His filming "Hero" in China at the moment and looks at the Chinese concept o a hero...is it that different to the general concept??

Anyway, heres some advise from jet himself, "when you learn something always use the heart"....I get it and I dont know? Anyone wanna help elaborate?

:) Tae Li

Tae Li
01-01-2002, 12:12 AM
By the way, I dont know if you read it, but theres the whole explanation on Bagua and Xingyi in the latest edition of the Kung fu Qi gong mag.....I understood it better Jet explains it on his website, so check it out anyway, and if you know anything about Bagua and xingyi, please feel free to incluse your imput.

Its got to do with internal power doesnt it?

Asia
01-01-2002, 03:38 AM
5 Swordsman 2

Beware of the Swordman trilogy, it a trap it sucks you in and warps your mind. Hence......

NafAnal
01-01-2002, 08:03 AM
Xingyi shouldda won out

EARTH DRAGON
01-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents, but my qigong teacher yen chu feng is jet li's kung fu sister they shared the same teacher for years however jet li is much younger than her, she has some pictures and video of him performing at their school .....he moves well, and has good focus she says

NafAnal
01-01-2002, 02:38 PM
yes but can he actually fight?

Tae Li
01-01-2002, 04:44 PM
Of course he can fight!

Gimme a break, give the man credit! can you fight????

Anyway, I got a new pic under my name, its from "The One", doesnt he look great in it? hehe, ok, so you need x-ray vision to really see it.....

By the way, did you know that he's working on a project with Jacki Chan this year?? should be interesting considering they have different tastes in the genres of their action films, Chan is more humour, while Li is strictly action, possibly drama.....

Earth Dragon...your qigong teacher has photos (real photos?) of Li Lian? your joking? ok, how much do you want??????????;)

Heres some advise I read from one of his fanmail....this is exactly what he wrote..

"As one grows older, one comes to truley understand how hatred and anger can eat away at ones energy. It is destructive, not only to others, but to oneself. To love, to be able to focus on the positive and steer away from ill will, no matter how tempting and justifiable it may seem at times, is far more rewarding, and far healthier for both the body and mind.

If one takes a closer look at all the worlds religions, do they not espouse the same thing? Once you take away the trappings, the distorting factors arising from politics and so forth- each religion preaches the concept of big love and of using non violence over violence". Li Lian Jie.

He is so intelligent, if you want to read more, go to his website, at www.jetli.com

Please feel free to tell us what you think about his advise..my opinion is it makes alot of sense, and carries much truth beind it. I mean its actually common sense.

;) Tae Li

EARTH DRAGON
01-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Yes many but they are not for sale, not becuse they may be worth something but becuse thier hers from china. Although She admitts that he moves well her skill level is much higher than that of jets , remember he was a little kid when she was 20 she also said that his skill lies in WUSHU not tradtional kung fu so thier are many people in china that are better fighters but they do not move with the grace and fluidity that he has thus making him more eye appleaing to the general public, and to the screen but please lets not think like the narrow minded people of the 70's that thought that bruce lee was the best matial artist of all time!!!??????? we dont need to go into that agin. But idf you like jet li so much you must go out and by "dragons of the orient". it is a documentary that was made a while ago but it shows his entire career from 10 years old to present and has soem incrediable wushu stars in it was well

Brad
01-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Hey Earth Dragon, can you ask Yen Chu Feng if she knew An Tian Rong?

Tae Li
01-01-2002, 06:42 PM
:) Earth Dragon...

thanx anyway, it was considerate of you to even reply.

"Dragons of the Orient"? I dont think they would have that everywhere....any place specifically where it can be purchased?

I wish Jet Li would hurry up and write a biography......

Tae Li;)

EARTH DRAGON
01-01-2002, 07:25 PM
Try to order it at media play, I have seen the translated version there in DVD. or surf the net like netflix.com or some video sites you should find it you will love the movie...

Silumkid
01-01-2002, 09:02 PM
"Yeah but can Jet Li blah blah blah?" Please....once you've been national champion of China 5 times, then maybe we can talk about Jet's skill. Once you make a movie that grosses over 40 million on opening weekend, then we can talk about how poor his movies are to yours. Don't be jealous of Jet just because he has done things you never will.

Methinks all this "fame bashing" would be better directed at other pursuits. Maybe I'm a little defensive because I'm a huge Jet mark myself, but why not bash someone who deserves it like Steven Seagal? Seriously...or Ralek.

wushu chik
01-01-2002, 09:39 PM
You go big bro!! And why don't you all just ASK Jet to prove if he can fight. I would pay lots of money to see that one!!!!! He's awesome all around. Who cares if his english isnt the best, or his movies are kinda off the wall......I agree with Silum, you just are jealous because you will never be that cool!!

Silumkid
01-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Ah, wushu chik....I appreciate the sentiment but do you really think Jet would bother risking his career on a nobody? I'd expect the same thing if it was me...Jet's people would laugh and ask me to move along because they have better things to spend time on.

And as far this thread is concerned, so do I (no offense to the thread starter).

Tae Li
01-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Silumkid......

Well, Im glad your a Jet Li fan, but he cant be too important in your opinionconsidering you are not going to waste your time on this thread....no offense taken...Good for you, now be on your way, I aint wasting anymore time on you.

;)

NafAnal
01-02-2002, 08:41 AM
"you just are jealous because you will never be that cool!!"

You've got me there.... wushu champion 5 times in a row. wow. good stuff. fantastic movies, great you've convinced me, no really you have

Phuu Kuenn
01-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Ive seen copies of it at my local Suncoast Video.

Tae Li
01-03-2002, 03:48 AM
I got into an argument with someone today, and i would love to know why do people keep comparing Jet Li with Bruce Lee? its simply stupid. I mean, they are from two different times, fight two different styles and are simply two different people!

God, let Lee rest in peace already! And give Jet Li a break.....I think he is doing remarkably well considering the high expectations that all his martial art fans have of martial art films.

Tae Li;)

jon
01-03-2002, 04:15 AM
Yes Jet Li is trained in Wu-shu, yes wu-shu is more a performance art than a combat one. BUT!
Jet was trained by some of the BEST in wushu and many of them ARE also traditional artists and know full well the application of good kung fu as well as how to change it for performance.
As a result of being so highly skilled and motivated he was taught by many different sifu and many of them also taught him proper application. It may not have been his focus but still... he was trained by many of the best martial artists in China. I come from a good school i certainly wouldnt pick him.
We really have to face facts here guys...
He is good looking [im not great at telling other men but its kinda obvious], he's not built like a tank and he moves with the grace of a dancer and the power of a boxer. This simply doesnt sit well with most of us. If he was big American ugly, slow and stupid would we still have these issues with his 'real' martial arts.
There is also certainly something there in his movement beyond simply waving his arms. I would venture to say Jet actualy has quite a decent amount of internal power as well as his external movements.

Tae Li
Bagua and Xingyi are both internal styles that use internal power and there both VERY high level systems.
The reason for the fight between the two styles being of so much interest is dispite being both internal the two styles theory and application are nearly opposite.
Bagua is known for its use of circlular footwork, palm attacks and its abilty to difuse force though circlular hand movements.
Xingyi skills on the other hand reside in strait line movement, body angle and fist attacks.
It should be a very interesting match up...
Would have been even more interesting if some PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD HAD NOT RUINED IT FOR ME grrrrrr.
Anyway hope that was of a little use to you.

yuxiang
01-03-2002, 04:33 AM
Jet Li rocks, period. That whole scene on a ladder in Once Upon a Time in China, was just cool

Tae Li
01-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by jon
As a result of being so highly skilled and motivated he was taught by many different sifu and many of them also taught him proper application. It may not have been his focus but still... he was trained by many of the best martial artists in China. I come from a good school i certainly wouldnt pick him.
We really have to face facts here guys...
He is good looking [im not great at telling other men but its kinda obvious], he's not built like a tank and he moves with the grace of a dancer and the power of a boxer. This simply doesnt sit well with most of us. If he was big American ugly, slow and stupid would we still have these issues with his 'real' martial arts.
There is also certainly something there in his movement beyond simply waving his arms. I would venture to say Jet actualy has quite a decent amount of internal power as well as his external movements.

I second that.

This internal-external business is really interesting, but Jet says that it can takeup to ten years to grasp properly...this amount of time sort of discourages you to even begin.

;)

jon
01-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Tae Li
You may not realise it yet but with the training you already have your half way there. He is perfectly correct it can take a LONG time to get good internal power but thankfully you also get results for the whole journey. TKD is not an internal art and doesnt deal in chi but it does deal in movement and breathing and these are the two fundaments for internal work.
Tai Chi, Bagua and Xingyi are the three famous internal styles.
If you want to learn a bit about internal arts they can often be a good cross train as they teach you about body movement and energy before going to hard into fighting. With your tkd experience you can already fight so that energy is just going to add directly to your power.
If you can remember the old man that taught me Tai Chi in the local park? REALLY old, no teeth left and couldnt speak a word of english. Yet moved like a cat, stood up with better posture than i do and never once lost his composure, even getting into an argument with another sifu over teaching a non chinese[me]. He was truely a master of himself in every way.
He had excerlent internal energie it was litteraly keeping him alive! I still sometimes see him in Auburn and he always gives me a great smile. Ill bet he is still walking around like that when im fifty.
You may also rememeber the lady i learnt weapons off? also old and grey but moved with the energy of a small child. That women in her 60's used to put me to shame in terms of fitness and stance.
These are great examples of what internal work can do for you.

Tae Li
01-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by jon

If you can remember the old man that taught me Tai Chi in the local park? REALLY old, no teeth left and couldnt speak a word of english. Yet moved like a cat, stood up with better posture than i do and never once lost his composure, even getting into an argument with another sifu over teaching a non chinese[me]. He was truely a master of himself in every way.
He had excerlent internal energie it was litteraly keeping him alive! I still sometimes see him in Auburn and he always gives me a great smile. Ill bet he is still walking around like that when im fifty.
You may also rememeber the lady i learnt weapons off? also old and grey but moved with the energy of a small child. That women in her 60's used to put me to shame in terms of fitness and stance.
These are great examples of what internal work can do for you.

I remember!!!!!! May I also add that he taught BOTH OF US that Tai Chi form (by the way, I was too afraid to tell you then, but I accidently stepped on your pack of cigerettes during one of those lessons...sorry!!)

I still know the form, but not ALL of it, and yes i still see him around Auburn and Flemington martkets. He REMEMEBERS ME!! I used to always greet him (and his circle of friends) with "Ni hao ma" and just by saying that, he will always remember.

Now I know exactly what your talking about when talking about internal and external energy just by bringing up these examples. My Tai Chi teacher at school used to always say that it comes from the centre of your body and by practsing Tai Chi forms, you circulated chi around you.....

I sort of get it. Really? Im half way there just by doing five years of Taekwondo? wow, thats cool and I didnt even know. Well, I meditate, I know abit of Tai Chi and im a taekwondo freak so I guess thats ok huh?

That lady at the park taught the sword forms AND the fan from what I remember when I used to sit down and watch you..those were the good old days.

Tae Li;) :D

jon
01-03-2002, 10:40 PM
"May I also add that he taught BOTH OF US that Tai Chi form"
opps my bad, of course you learnt as well. Im just pretending the worlds all about me :rolleyes:
"That lady at the park taught the sword forms AND the fan from what I remember when I used to sit down and watch you..those were the good old days."
Yeah i picked up both the strait sword and the fan from her. She was awesome, full of energie and just loved to do the art.
I REALLY miss her, she had to stop comming in the mournings when her daughter had her baby becouse she needed to help her daughter.
Ive still got a picture of her and i know she took a few of me which her daughter told me she was sending back to her sifu! lol scary stuff.
Chi is best off experienced as opposed to explained but ill do my best. Your body is made of meat and water litteraly... What makes it actualy WORK, pump blood breath and feel sensation is a type of energy. We in the west just call it that energy, chinese have a more exact discription which is more akin to 'lifeforce'. Its actualy possible to build this energy to the point of where it can be used for fighting and healing.
Its not magic but its hard to discribe using basic science. Just as basic science has a hard time discribing exactly why we breath and pump blood in the first place. Think of your body containing a type of battery which can be recharged, undercharged even expanded in terms of holding power. Sounds complicated and it can be, ill try and explain better in person sometime its much easyer than text.

Tae Li
01-03-2002, 10:45 PM
hhehehe, good explanation. I know I know, Im supposed to come over some time...I promise I will soon.

I have sooooooo much to learn.;)

jon
01-03-2002, 11:03 PM
"I know I know, Im supposed to come over some time...I promise I will soon."
Hey dont make it sound like that:( You sound as though im trying to hint to you and i wasnt.
Of course it would be great to get together for a train sometime but there is no rush. Whenever you get some free time just sms me.
By the way... How are your jumping kicks? Mine are starting to dwindle and i need some tips.
Got me thinking about my old Tae Chi sifus now... I might go down there over the next week and see if any of them are still training. If so might have to get back into it.

Tae Li
01-04-2002, 02:16 AM
Sorry, Jon.

BUT i didnt mean for it to sound that way. I actually wanted to make it sound like it was my fault for being so **** lazy! not that im obliged to got to your place.

Just got back from training after a three lesson break and i was GREAT! bit stiff but good. I had to spar this guy that likes me, but he makes me sick! He's tall and although he has really hard kicks he is very very rigid in his technique and very stiff. So I sparred him and got him a few times with my best kick (which is dut chaki) back kick.

He has no sense of coordination what so ever so as a result he kicks my thumb when I tried to block a palding (which is low turning kick to the ribs) *******. Almost broke my precious thumb.

Never mind. Im quite happy. Jumping kicks arent that good, havent tried them for a while.

HEY, if your going down there as he's there and you guys start training again you have to tell me IM COMING!!! i have to learn that form again! you better tell me dragon!!!!!

Anyway Il call ya soon....thats right its YOUR turn!! lol, just kidding, il call ya.

:D ;)

Tae Li.

Tae Li
01-05-2002, 03:07 AM
Ok, so Im really interested in those that have seen "The One", and what they think...im just curious, not that your opinion will base my jugdement...no one will EVER make me judge Jet Li in a negative way!

By the way, who's got Optus cabe In Australia?

Check out every Friday of this month...Kung Fu friday, which means kung fu movies ALL night long!!! Its great!!!:D

Next week is Jet Li in part 1 and 2 of Once apon in China...see them before but still.........

By the way, I wondering who knows where the philosophy of ying and yang derived from? You know, the whole concept of balance......

Keep in touch and PLEASE if you have any new info on my darling Li lIan inform me asap...its good to keep up to date you know?

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
01-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Tae Li

Although I am not as big of a Jet Li mark as you, I have seen all his movies. But you cannot seriously think that "the master" (not to be confused with "tai chi master") was any good. if that were the first jet movie i had seen, i probably would have given up right there! as it was, i saw "fist of legend" first and the rest is history :)
if you're still looking for dragons of the orient, i have a vcd if you want it. its in chinese so you might not understand it, but at least you'll be able to see it. it should work on your PC or DVD player. email me your address and i'll be sure to get it to you.
as for "the one", its pretty good but i still think "romeo must die" was his best american movie. from what i've heard, there are plenty that disagree with me though. the fights in "kiss of the dragon" were probably better, but RMD had a better (and less of) story.
i'm looking forward to the chinese made "hero" directed by zhang yimou that i believe has just wrapped up filming. puts jet back in familiar chinese territory. i think monkeypeaches.com still has some info about it if you haven't heard about it.

as for "the one", some of the fights were good, especially the final battle and the special effects worked better than they looked on the trailers on tv. plus the soundtrack was pretty cool. downsides are mostly acting concerns. if they put jet into one of the upcoming projects with tom cruise or steven spielberg, and then combined all the good points of these movies, they could have come up with one really good movie. as it is, "the one" is pretty good.

my top jet movies (in no particular order):
Tai Chi Master (also known as Twin Warriors)
Kung Fu Cult Hero
Fist of Legend
Fong Sai Yuk I+2 (Also known as the Legend)
Once Upon a Time In China I, II, III, OUATIC and America
Shaolin Temple, North and South Shaolin

the worst of the bunch:
The Master
Kids from Shaolin
Dragon Fight (not to be confused with "dragons of the orient")

-Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
01-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Wang Si Zhong.,...

Thanks for the insight!

Il be sure to keep pay attention for that last fight scene in The One. Im going to see it this Thursday...cant wait!

Your an esl teacher? cool. So is my sister. She also teaches Japanese......

So, Il send you a private message with details for Dragon of the Orient....really appreciate it......

;) Tae Li

Silumkid
01-05-2002, 11:51 PM
OK, fine....I said I was done but something always brings me back to a decent Jet Li thread. :p

The Master was not THAT bad! I like it simply for the fact that it can widely be considered Tsui Hark's "white elephant" film! And the Latino kids chasing him around calling him "sifu" is funny! Admit it!

And I think you are way off on Dragon Fight! The brutality of some of the fight scenes alone are worth the price of that film!

Personally, I could have done without Hitman. There was nothing really special about that one at all, and the ending is so...blah.

I think The One has been Jet's best American effort so far. Kiss of the Dragon follows even though the ending was kind of...cheesy. Romeo Must Die was OK but definitely not the better of the American efforts. Very good fight scenes in each of these films though. But when has Jet ever done a bad fight scene? :cool:

I think Hero will be very good from what I have heard so far, and I hope that the Green Hornet thing pans out. I've also heard about a possible fim called The First Emperor...anybody have any more info on this, or was this changed to Hero? Heard some conflicting things.

Tae Li
01-06-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Silumkid
OK, fine....I said I was done but something always brings me back to a decent Jet Li thread. :p

Gee thanks!:D You just put a smile on my face! heres anothere one!:D WELCOME BACK TO A DECENT JET LI THREAD!!

The first Emperor? havent heard of that yet...sounds like part three to Moral Kombat.........

And EXACTLY Jet Li has never been in a bad fight scene, I mean some of the plots are really 'plonky' (this is my own word-dont go looking it up) but the majority of his films are rather decent in content...dont get me started. I would alos have to say that the funniest Jet Li film so far is High Risk...Seriously, it was really funny, unless I have a weird/bizarre sense of humour....

Who knows bout 'Invincible'? isnt that the combined series with Mel Gibson about philosophy or something? its only screening in the US i think.....

Anyways, here something simple from Jet Li to get you thinking....."the difference lies in degree".

Tae Li (or Li Lian lover as Jon would put it.)

;)

jon
01-06-2002, 04:30 AM
"And EXACTLY Jet Li has never been in a bad fight scene"

Obviously you guys have never seen Jet pretending to do chicken kung fu whilst fighting an enormous centipede... [last hero in china]
Or maybe the one where Jet trys uses 'wonder screw' as a mystical spear kung fu technique. [New Legend of Shaolin]
Then there was that time when in the middle of the fight both him and his opponent start pretending to be drunk and simply show off for a while for no reason. [Shaolin Temple]

Before anyone bites my head off im just being a smarta$$ so dont get too mad:eek:
Seriously though Jet does have some very bizare fights in some movies, although they all at least get a laugh.
But chicken kung fu... That was just too much.:rolleyes:
Still he is a favorite and ive got 9 of his movies on DVD now including all the ones i listed above.
Anything where Jet Li and Yuen Woo Ping get together you know there is gonna some warped out wizard stuff going down

wangsizhong
01-06-2002, 10:06 AM
silumkid:

you might be right about some of the "dragon fight" scenes.
maybe i was a little biased because it took me so long to find the movie and then i was disappointed that it wasn't the best thing i'd ever seen.

but i maintain that "the master" IS that bad, although i might grant you that the gang guys calling him sifu are a little bit funny ;)

as for "the first emporer", i haven't heard that title before but it is what "hero" is about. Shih huang ti, the first emporer of china is the target of an assassination attempt.

for more info on "hero" and "invincible", check out jet's homepage (www.jetli.com)
in brief, "invincible" is a tv show developed for a US cable network that jet li and mel gibson collaborated on. so far its just a pilot for a series, but if it becomes a series jet doesn't rule out making an appearance. i think it stars billy zane and has some basis in chinese 5 element theory.

Wang Si Zhong

p.s. little known fact: "the one" was written as a vehicle for the WWF's the Rock, but he turned it down and vince mcmahon offered to get them jet. that piece of info. won me tickets to a movie theater screening of a WWF pay-per-view!

Tae Li
01-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Jet's hompage hasne been updated in quite a while so its same old same old.....

From what everyone hastold me now I dont really have high expectations for the One, but still il leave my judgement to the end. THREE DAYS TO GO...Im not sad case,im just obsessed!

So what are the chances in this lifetime that I will actually get to meet Li Lian? Dpoes anyone know where he lives in China? Is it in Beijing Teibei where he was born? I guess he's upgraded since then..I should go to China ad look for him on the set of Hero.

Ok Im rambling now....and yes he may have some very weird fight scenes in some of his films, but come on, IM not going to admit to that...i guess i just did.:cool:

you know what I love about him? How his this big action hero yet in all his characters he is stil so humble and moral and decent and all that. He just takes my breath away:)

Well, there aint nothin else thats new, so please feel free to choose a topic (concerning Jet of course) and open up a discussion. Ialways check this thread with anticipation for replies...hehe

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Come on people!!! surely you know something new about Jet Li that I dont!! fill me in whats the latest??????/

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
01-07-2002, 08:08 PM
tae li:

i'm still waiting on an address. if you emailed me, try private messaging instead. the entire excite email network went down so i dont have a reliable email address at the moment.

as for new jet info, i just couldnt think of anything. oh wait, maybe you heard this already but his "monk in new york" project got shelved because of chow yun fat doing a similar thing in his "bulletproof monk". come to think of it, i might have read that on this forum...

btw, what do you think of jet's idea that instead of making one awesome movie with all the top gongfu stars, he would rather have each star make their own movies so that there would be more movies to choose from? i disagree with him. i'd rather see them make one awesome movie with yuen woo ping choreographer, starring jet, jackie, michelle, chow, cgi bruce (just kidding), donnie yen, etc. with a great script writer and director, that would be worth watching 8 times, than have a bunch of mediocre movies that you might see once. at least to try it once anyway. i think hero will fulfill that partially given it has some big chinese names attached to it.
what do you think?

-Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
01-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Wang Si Zhong,

I havent e-mailed you my address yet because I feel too guilty about making you send me Dragons of all the Orient half way ac ross the world, so Im trying to track it down locally, unless I dont suceed.......

Monk In NewYork got shelved? far out! It sounded like a great film....never mind...there will br plenty more.

Well, about JET's idea, its kinda hard to diasgree with someone you are obsessed with, but I do think it would be a martial artist's delight to see all our fighting hero's come together in one peice and show a magnificent display of ighting skills. With jEt being the one to shine in the end of course!!!

What does everybody else think?

Tae Li;)

S.Teebas
01-07-2002, 08:55 PM
I would love to see more MA movies made with all the MA stars. Like enter the dragon was so successfull because of this...so why not again?!

And thats pretty dissapointing about jet pulling out of the movie, because there can never be enough movies made about monks on a vengence!

Tae Li
01-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by S.Teebas
I would love to see more MA movies made with all the MA stars. Like enter the dragon was so successfull because of this...so why not again?!

And thats pretty dissapointing about jet pulling out of the movie, because there can never be enough movies made about monks on a vengence!

Your **** right about that! I would have loved to see this monk movie, how cool would it have been!! Esp, with Jet IN IT.

Jet's still really sexy with no hair, you know, not that you wouldhave actually noticed anything...disregard that..

Anyways, I always wondered if they would come up with a movie with Van Damme in it (I dont really like him) Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Swaz..... that would be some action packed thrill ride. But still A martial art movei with everyone in it but Jet willbe the protagonist of course will be great stuff!!

Tae Li.
please excuse all the mispelled errors, im in a hurry to do about six things at the same time;)

Tae Li
01-07-2002, 09:32 PM
oohh,oohh, oohh, we made it to page four!!!!!!

how cool is that??????/:D

Li Lian would have been soo proud of me.

Tae Li;)

S.Teebas
01-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Should we all chip in and buy Tai Li a life size blow up doll of Jet Li...so she can do what ever she wants with him?? ;)

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 03:52 AM
What a brilliant idea S.Teebas!!:D

Actually, you made me laugh my arse off.........Now what would I do with a blow up doll of Jet Li???? hmmmmmm

No i think you better get me the real thing..The One...get me Jet himself and the Il know what to do..............heheheehe;)

Tae Li;)

jon
01-08-2002, 04:33 AM
Girl... Your starting to scare me:eek:
hehe if ol Jet ever did read this he might just consider you stalker material:p
I never get the whole plastic person thing:rolleyes: Just doesnt seem like a good way to spend the weekend really.
On the other hand I guess they wouldnt complain and you dont have to worry about pleasing them:D

ROFLMAO just had this brilliant idea of going into buisness selling blow up lifesize rubber models of famous actors. hehe I can just see the legal suits now. On the other hand you would proberly have the cash to pay for them:D

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 04:56 AM
OMG!

Dont tell me that!! you really think that there is a chance of Jet Li actually brouse this forum and think of me as a potentail stalker?!! he is a martial artsist for goodness sakes, im sure he candle a girl with a big obsession;)

I dont think I would ever actaully do abything stupid if i met Li Lian in real life...except maybe propose..(just kidding!@!)
no really, i would show him what a decent person I am instead.

Seriously.

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 04:58 AM
Sorry about the spelling but I misplaced my fingers in training and they are slowly healing.;)

Its hard to type with accuracy and pain.

Kristoffer
01-08-2002, 06:25 AM
Hi Ms. Li :D oooookay it's time to take part of the thread. Here we go..

Jet Li sux. Can't fight. Can't act, but he can AND knows how to suck. Really hard. :D

haha seriously I think he has some cool movies and his,, Nah I'm just kidding he SUCK :D

Kristoffer
01-08-2002, 06:26 AM
Hi Ms. Li :D oooookay it's time to take part of the thread. Here we go..

Jet Li sux. Can't fight. Can't act, but he can AND knows how to suck. Really hard. :D

haha seriously I think he has some cool movies and his,, Nah I'm just kidding he SUCK :D Yah, and I think you are just a little bit to h0rny. Go shower or something.

peace

red5angel
01-08-2002, 08:00 AM
Just have to jump in and say Jet Li is the man! I have always said Jet is probably the most skillful martial artist in movies today (Although MichelleYeoh holds a special place in my heart, shes good and shes cute.).
We could debate all day about his abilities, and who really knows but him and maybe a few friends and his sifu (I believe he would probably be very good in a fight.) but he is a good action/kung fu star, no doubt about it! Jackie Chan is good in his way, very fun to watch, and he is good at martial arts as well. Watching him isalot of fun, watchiung jet is a thrill ride! The guy is amazing. I am sad to say I didnt really realize it until I saw Lethal Weapin 4 and saw him as a bad guy. then I went out picked up a few of his flicks ( I now own Fist of Legend, an awesome remake of the chinese connection.) but his ability to really shine on the big screen is awesome.

wangsizhong
01-08-2002, 10:58 AM
red5angel reminded me of something when he mentioned that "fist of legend" is a remake of "chinese connection". "fist..." was the movie that got me into watching kung fu movies over generic martial arts movies, so i didn't realize it the first time i saw it, but the way he was able to adapt his style to look more like bruce's is pretty impressive. i may be remembering wrong, but this is a pretty unique jet movie in that he doesn't use a similar style in any other movie.

anyway, in an effort to get this thread away from "jet is cute" posts (no offense tae li), what is your favourite jet fight scene? this might take some research/rewatching, but that's one homework assignment i could live with.

at the moment i can't think of anything better than jet vs. the japanese general at the end of "fist...", though the fight with little blond guy at the end of "kiss of the dragon" stands out too.

Wang Si Zhong

Kristoffer
01-08-2002, 11:27 AM
red5angel - LOL:D
Michelle Yeow have never even trained any martial art.. so much for your eye for skill huh? :D

NEITHER did Jet Li. He trained modern wushu, wich is equal too dancing. If you call yourself a fighter, then you should be ashamed too say something as stupid as

probably the most skillful martial artist in movies today

:rolleyes:

wangsizhong
01-08-2002, 12:56 PM
kristoffer:

find a chinese/english dictionary and look up "wushu". then try to discredit red5angel's claim that jet li is a martial artist. whether wushu is like modern dance or not, it remains a martial art. some of it may lean more toward art than martial, but it is what it is.

Wang Si Zhong

red5angel
01-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Actually Kristoffer, she has been trained in a few, but thank you for playing :)

red5angel
01-08-2002, 01:07 PM
not only that but Wushu is still a martial ART and it still takes quite an ability to do it as well as he does, not to mention his bagua and xingyi training.

shaolinboxer
01-08-2002, 01:13 PM
or his tai chi training....

Kristoffer
01-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Michelle Yeow said in a tv interview (about the Croutching Tiger hidden dragon movie).. THAT she infact never trained in any martial art. I think that kinda kills your point right there, but we can keep playing if your nice :D

Now about training... Training for 5-6 months before an movie in the noble art of Movie Fu, is NOT too train in a martial art. You think Keanu Reeves is a martial artist? That's just pathetic (as my spelling :D ) Michelle is nothing more than that as Keanu, only she's been doing it for alot of movies. That gives her some talent, yes. But I dont care she was the hottest chick ever and she is still amazingly attractive for a woman of her age. I love every movie she has been in.

peace all :p

Silumkid
01-08-2002, 05:00 PM
C'mon Kristoffer....how seriously can we take your opinion when your country laid down to the Nazis without even picking up a weapon? "We're neutral! Don't hurt us!" :p

If you hate Jet Li so much, go to a thread where someone cares and stop trolling on this one.

OK, so, from what I have been able to gather so far, "Hero" is the new name of "The First Emperor". Don't quote me on it, just what I have heard.

Did not hear that "Monk" had been shelved....also heard smatterings of Jet working on an as yet unnamed project with Jackie "Da Other Man" Chan! That will be sweet if it comes to fruition!

And yes, I have in fact seen the "chicken" fight and thought it fit in the context of the movie. Wong Jing has never made a very good movie throughout his whole career with a very few exceptions. The drunken in Shaolin Temple....well, what can I say? Erase the three seconds of showing off and it's still a kick booty fight scene. Besides, I always considered it artistic license to represent that they were "becoming drunken".

I am proud to say I own every single Jet Li movie in existence except for the ones not yet released on DVD. The only movie I don't have on DVD is Dragon Fight, so if anyone can point me to a DVD of that you will have my many blessings!

Now I'm spending time trying to figure out how I can get myself and enough food to survive the plane ride into a cargo box to Oz in my Fist of Legend look-a-like suit in order to be abused by Tae Li. :D

And in case you were wondering, I didn't think very highly in Invincible. It just seemed very plastic and trite to me. BUT, if they pick it up as a series then maybe they will take the time to improve the characters.

Brad
01-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Does it really matter if some guy in Sweeden, who obviously knows nothing of wushu or Jet's training, thinks Jet sucks? He filthy rich, is doing something he enjoys, entertaining most of us, married to a beautiful wife, and doing more to promote wushu than most of us ever will. He's been trained full time in both performance and traditional wushu by many top masters. How well he can actually use what's taught is his own personal buisness. We have no way of knowing how good of fighting ability he has. And since I don't see too many people trying to mug him any time soon...who cares?!

prana
01-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Tae Li
OMG!

Dont tell me that!! you really think that there is a chance of Jet Li actually brouse this forum and think of me as a potentail stalker?!! he is a martial artsist for goodness sakes, im sure he candle a girl with a big obsession;)

I dont think I would ever actaully do abything stupid if i met Li Lian in real life...except maybe propose..(just kidding!@!)
no really, i would show him what a decent person I am instead.

Seriously.

Tae Li;) I reckon Jet would call you a stalker, and then go into his low stance, and fly around you and drop you on the floor and then pin your arms on the floor until you are helpless, and then, do some spinning triple flying kick, followed by a butterfly kick and spin you out and by the time he is done, you would have fainted and be in slumberland, and then he will perform his qi-gong and move in your dreams, and he will throw water and air and earth and fire around your dream and you would .... errr .... ahahahaa

ahem ... ok sorry.. my bad

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Prana....errrr...I was a bit worried about me , but now Im more worried about you!;) Thats some imagination you got there!!

Kris....take it easy buddy...you sound like you fought Jet Li in a previous life and lost and now your back with a mission of vengence!!:p Doesnt matter, your still welcome to say what you want BUT.....

SilumKid is my new HERO!!!!!! Wasnt you that ****ed me off at the very beg.? gosh I cant even remember, but it couldnt have been you, not someone that would actually trouble himself to Oz in an attempt to get abused by me!!!! Look, tomorow im off to see The One, and il be back on the forum b4 you know it to let you know what i thought. Im going to analyse every single fight scene and grade the best one, not that Jet needs my approval....

But Fist Of Legend still rules..al the fight scenes rule in that one

Red5angel.....welcome aboard!!:D

You know what was the best? in KOD when his about to leave the hotel after massive distruction and that guy that spoke to him in the bar at the very beg. shows up and then Jet throws that kick in the air..does he kick a ball or something? and it goes flying threw the air and knocks the guy out...I LOVE that scene esp. in slow motion...ooooohhhhhh.lol

Wangsizhong, thanx for getting me back on track!! did you say that Dragons of the Orient, the one that you have was in Chinese? that might be a small prob, cos im not Chinese:) but still pics can always work...

Well, check back with everyone later...and please give Jet some credit, I mean he must have some talents considering he won all those wushu competitions. Sure wushu can be very demonstration and look a lot like gamastics, but im not one to judge, hey he still looks good on screen!!

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
01-08-2002, 09:07 PM
tae li,

yeah, my "dragons..." is chinese. actually its a dual language track cantonese/mandarin so you'd have to turn off one of your speakers or switch to a single channel. its mostly him in his younger years with his teachers and family and stuff, but he's just one part of the movie. its like a documentary about wushu/gongfu in china, so its full of different forms demonstrations. there's even a scene with a guy climbing a brick wall with his bare hands.

the scene you're talking about is when jet kicks a billiard ball out of the pocket, then kicks it again at his foe. its one of the only scenes in that movie that is computer generated.

since you've probably seen "the one" by now, did you notice the bagua symbol on the wall in his house or the tibetan mandala in his little meditation room?

Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 09:14 PM
The One shows in cinemas tmoz..so no i havent seen it yet, but not to worry,Wangsizhong..il be sure to keep both eyes open!!

Tae Li;)

Brad
01-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey wangsizhong,

Does your Dragons of the Orient vid have a disembodied head Qigong demo? There's this head sitting on a table but it's still talking & moving around. Am I the only one that has this crap on my video?! :D My Dragons vid has subtitles but they're next to useless with bad translations and false info.

Tae Li,
Shaolin Kungfu and This is Kung Fu also have alot of the same early Jet footage on it. This is Kungfu is probably the best quality of the three. I also think I allready know which fight scene you'll like best ;)

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah Brad? and which fight scene is that???

il be sure to check the other videos or cd's or whatever they come in.;)

Brad
01-08-2002, 10:29 PM
The Jet vs. Jet, Xingyi vs. Bagua one of course :D I think it took like 6 months just to shoot that one fight. Very cool. :)

Tae Li
01-08-2002, 10:37 PM
I think your right.;)

6months to shoot that fight? holy crap! thats a long time for one fight scene. I guess I will have to pay extra special attention then!!

wangsizhong
01-08-2002, 11:18 PM
brad:

floating head qigong?!? not unless its hidden in a background somewhere.

reminds me for some strange reason of this thing my sifu in china showed me from a tv demonstration he was part of. this guy laid down with his head on the ground, put a 2x4 over his head like a see saw, then had a van drive over his head. it was all the more impressive because first they drove over a watermelon and obviously destroyed it (i have yet to see a watermelon with well-enough developed qi to withstand any sort of motor vehicle)

Wang Si Zhong

NafAnal
01-09-2002, 04:47 AM
The last fight scene was disappointing. 6 months? jeez, u think they could have done a little better.

The best bit was the first couple guys jet beats up. More of the mass fight scenes were needed.

IMO bagua does not film too well as a movie style. their "movie style ba gua" was far too big and circular. I know they were emphasizing the difference between the linearity of xingyi and the circles of bagua but it looked a bit silly.

prana
01-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by wangsizhong
tibetan mandala in his little meditation room?

<biased opinion>He must be a legend !!!!! ahahaha </biased opinion>

Tae Li, hmm not bad eh ? I wanted to chareograph (???) my own movie, the theme, spiritual, the plot, the prince who seemingly has everything watches people die and suffer in sickness. Disgusted... he....

ok ok ooops I am dreaming again :( My bad

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Ok, people....I saw The One today and cinema's and..................il have to get back to you later.......for a great BIG discussion.:D

Tae Li;)

God his beautiful.

jon
01-10-2002, 02:38 AM
I caught The One today on its opening day as any true fan should.
I was REALLY impressed for an American production it showed many of the halmarks of an Asian film. The end fight was an absolute blast and it was the FIRST time ive seen Xingyi and Bagua on film and in an American flik for gods sake!
Special effects were awesome as well.
Infact i thought the whole darn movie rocked, except for the usual plot with more holes than swiss cheese syndrome but who cares its a kung fu movie and i come for fights.
Great stuff and definately for my money the closest to his true style of film we have seen yet in an American production film.

Silumkid
01-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Jet Li to reteam with DMX for "Cradle"
Reuters
Jan 10 2002 3:18AM

NEW YORK (Variety) - Asian action hero Jet Li will reteam with rapper DMX in "Cradle to the Grave," an gritty heist thriller set to begin production in February.
The Warner Bros. project also marks a reunion for the "Romeo Must Die" pair with that film's director Andrzej Bartkowiak and producer Joel Silver.

The new film promises the same formula of a modest budget, lots of action and a strong soundtrack.

It pits a law enforcement officer (Li) against a streetwise entrepreneur (DMX) who's suspected of being part of a global diamond heist. The adversaries find themselves uneasily aligned as the cop helps the crook find his daughter, who's been kidnapped by a dangerous man bent on acquiring the diamonds as part of a scheme for mass destruction.

"It's an exciting movie that's a topical but not threatening premise, with some awesome action beats," Silver said.

DMX, who has long flirted with the role, made his feature debut in "Romeo Must Die" and followed that with the hit "Exit Wounds," also produced by Silver and directed by Bartkowiak. The William Morris Agency, which just signed DMX, aims to broaden the platinum-selling rapper's acting career beyond straight action fare.

Li also is on his third film with Silver, who introduced the Hong Kong veteran to U.S. audiences in "Lethal Weapon 4." Li most recently starred in "The One" and is planning a pairing with Jackie Chan.

prana
01-10-2002, 03:54 PM
tell us more :) I am going to go watch it now :D :p

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 05:08 PM
The One was hmmmmm......let me think............BRILLIANT. SIMPLY BRILLIANT.

Completely action packed with some of the best fight scenes I have scene in a while and still carried a trace of humour. (esp. when Li is about to go 4 an MRI and he's saying goodbye to his wife ...for like 5min! and the nurse is like...."your going for an MRI not a heart transplant for God's sake!!") i laughed so loud that every one in the cinema turned to look, then I slowly shrunk in my seat............)

No, but seriously, im not a big fan of weapon fighting, like guns and stuff, i would have preferred heaps more fight scenes, but it was def. worth it. And Brad was right, the best fight scene was at the ed when Li v's Li and Bagua v's Xingyi. But although at first you can distinguish between the two fighting styles (thrusting forward movements and circular motions) i think eventually the just started to use both. umm, what else, yes about the whole 'balance' concept. well, here is where i started thinking.....
the whole plot of the movie is if gabe (Jet) can go to all the multi universes and kill each duplicate of him then he would have more power right? and eventually that power divides with the remaining survivors. well when you think about it, eventually everyone is going to die in all the universes and power will eventually only last with one person. So eventually there will be no balance in the multiuniverses and there will be lots of people who hace heaps of power cos they dont realise that their 'other' is dying in another world. am I making sense? isnt that like a glitch in the plot? I Mean eventually with no balance in their point of view there will be chaos, cos their it too much power and not enough enforcement.

Anyway, yes WANGSIZHONG, i did notice the Tibetian Mandela in his meditation room...its the same one he has as back ground on his website...the flash site.

Anyway with all the special effects and groovy music it was quite impressive...........get back to you later.

Tae Li;)

ps, excuse all the spelling errors, i cant be bothered going back to check it.

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 05:28 PM
SilumKid...its does sound typical but then again if it has jet Li in it and he's fighting I would say its worth it. So i guess its being filmed in the States?

I still want to know if Hero will go to air globally and if not, when it does come out how wil I get access to it?

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 05:36 PM
By the way, i just thought that his wife in the movie (ive seen her in other movies but cant remember where?????) had a name that wasnt really fit for her description. it was 2K. WEIRD. plus she has HAIR like me!!! isnt that cool??? exact length, exact colour and precisiely the same curls!!! well, that made MY day!! lol. (it looks like that when my air is out of course:D )

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-10-2002, 05:52 PM
I think Jet's lady in that movie was "TK"...probably initials...Theresa perhaps? :D

Also, I think I need to disagree with your theory there on the multiverses. My take on it was that all the "multipeople" were born, live and die along the same timelines until the organization was able to come up with the way to travel between the realities. They became the "outside force" that affected the "energy in motion" if you will. Otherwise, the "multipeople" wouldn't be the same age.

Yeah, that one report I received sound pretty typical American fluffernutter. When did kungfu movies become the "cool urban thang"? Whatever...

To answer your previous question by the way, I probably am the one who made ya mad early on in this thread. I do that sometimes. :D But I'm always up for a good round (or five) of abuse...especially now that I know you have good hair! :p

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Your theory makes sense;)

lol....now that you know I have nice hair???? gee thanks:cool:

It was also a Tibetian mandela that TK wore around her neck wasnt it? thats really beautiful....esp. when he tells that guy with him at the gas station that his wife is his center therefore she completes him.!! I almost....almost.....ran up to the big screen to slop a big fat kiss on his face, but I didnt cos I had a feeling that they would bring in security plus a councillor, so I restrained myself....hehe.:eek:

I love his whole yin yang philosophy of balance idea but not everything is equal or counter-duplicated. There are some things that are not ...whats that word...parallel or binary.

I think i know what im talking about.

Plus, Jon......do you still remember tha Tai Chi form we learnt?? was supposed to ask you when I came over but 4got. Cos i only remember abit of it. You really have to re teach it to me plus how to apply it in defence...since you are so good at that.;)

Tae Li;)

prana
01-10-2002, 06:28 PM
Tae Li,

But the real question is, how did you feel about him pashing his wife ? Were you upset, affected ? Did you want to pull out your fighting knifes and throw it right at the screen ? Or perhaps, how did you feel about being a second wife ? :D

Witht the Tibetan Mandala thing, I often find it funny, when they use those Buddhist stuff in the weirdest ways, like I remember a Jacky Chan movie, where a girl is just about sacrifised to the gods, and the people were chanting the mantra of compassion Om Mani Padme Hum towards it. How bizarre.

Cool, I want to check out this movie soon, thanks for the juice, I wonder though what your answers will be....

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by prana
Tae Li,

But the real question is, how did you feel about him pashing his wife ? Were you upset, affected ? Did you want to pull out your fighting knifes and throw it right at the screen ? Or perhaps, how did you feel about being a second wife ? :D

Cool, I want to check out this movie soon, thanks for the juice, I wonder though what your answers will be....

Prana...check it out REAL soon!!! And for your information, the closest he got to kissing his wife was on her hands...Jet Li doesnt pash the leading women in his movies, his far too decent to behave that way when his already married. would I be his second wife? hmmmmm, im worried he might actually surf this website and consider me his stalker. I dont think he is stupid enough to consider a second wife, but he might consider a mistress!!lol;) :p

I was jelous that he got to hug her in the movies, "I felt a sharp pang in my heart at the sight of his touch against her..." ok, im scareing myself now.....lol...I love him too much. but enough about that, lets ge serious again, watch the movie and tell me what you think. esp about the last fight scene. isnt it briliant???

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Technically, you'd be his third wife. Just thought I'd share!

Tae Li
01-10-2002, 08:31 PM
Share! please do, but what do you mean by third? in the movie or in real life?

maybe we should stop this convo, b4 on lookers actually start to think im insane...........:(

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-10-2002, 08:36 PM
In real life...Nina is his second (the wife he just had a baby with not too long ago).

I wouldn't be able to count all his movie women...in Fong Sai-Yuk alone he had, like, a dozen! OK, maybe not but it seemed like it!

wangsizhong
01-10-2002, 08:36 PM
"plus she has HAIR like me!!!"

you know, according to the movie, looking somewhat alike suggests being that person in another universe. maybe you played jet li's wife in another universe! i know i'm stretching the plot a LOT, but at least if you can't marry him, you can imagine that a version of you somewhere pretended to be his wife somewhere else....whatever. glad you enjoyed it.

Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 02:00 AM
In real life...Nina is his second (the wife he just had a baby with not too long ago).

I wouldn't be able to count all his movie women...in Fong Sai-Yuk alone he had, like, a dozen! OK, maybe not but it seemed like it!

do you know who his first wife is and why he got married a second time? he has a little girl named Jane doesnt he?

Wangsizhong...i bet your right...in the movie, looking like his wife may have meant i was his wife in another universe!!woooooooowwwwwwww!! thas cool. but the only thng that was similar was the hair and the eyebrows (same shape...so take another look), but thats about it. i mean, i cant compare myself to her!! she's stunning!!

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Ok, so I want to get back on track....

so I pose a question. Bagua and Xingyi are clearly two different fighting styles, as evident in The One. They derive from wushu dont they?

One is a thrusting forward movement and the other is more circular motions in terms of attack...disregarding that bagua would have prob. won in The One cos the good Jet Li was using it, but which do you think is more effective and why?

Tae Li;)

tnwingtsun
01-11-2002, 04:55 AM
What do you look like??

Maybe I can call Jet and hook ya up.;)

Crimson Phoenix
01-11-2002, 05:14 AM
huuhhh??? There were fights in The One?? :confused:
The only good scene fpr me was the one in which one was training bagua in his room while the other was doing his xingyi on the rooftop...it was a nice parallelism/antithesis...
But ddaaayyyyaaammmmnnn, I'm freaking tired of everyone trying to rip off HK cinema...it just doesn't work...dang, only "Big Trouble in Little China" decades ago succeeded to make something as crazy and purely satisfying as HK cinema...nowadays it's just digital rip-offs and bad gimmicks...arrrgghhhh go back to HK, Jet, Donnie, Yun Fat, go all back to HK and shoot a movie with Liu Chia Liang or something...

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 05:26 AM
hey...they want to extend their knowlegde to the western world, they want to be PART of the western world, so the least you can do is give them credit for trying. And I happen to think that Jet Li has done a brilliant job of it!

Why stick to one domain? Why not extend and try new things?

Sure, nothing really beats the tradional Chinese epic Kung fu film about heroism and honour, but that doesnt mean that modern American Kung fu films with tradional Chinese martial artists wont work.

They tried something new. They combined martial arts with computerism and the latest didgital technology and sometimes it looks really good on screen, other times it doesnt....and perhaps some of them are not the best actors, but that does not mean anything. They are taking risks by entering a whole new movie domain and are doing quite well.:p

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by tnwingtsun
What do you look like??

Maybe I can call Jet and hook ya up.;)

lol. im stunning. simply stunning. oh wait, let me fish around for my glasses first. So how soon can you hook me up with the love of my life??? ;) ;)

Tae Li;)

Crimson Phoenix
01-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Tae Li, indeed, I agree. My main grief with it is not the principle of using computers to do HK movies...my grief is that the people who do it do it bad...have you seen Legend of Zu by Tsui Hark (Zu 2)?? OK, the storyline is epileptic and other concerns, but eventhough the movie is LOADED with computer effects (compared to it, Stormriders is like a Game Boy!), it is still a HK movie, filled with the epic, mystical, craze, fresh ideas that are characteristics of HK movies (good ones, mind you, HK produces a lot of crap too).
It's not the tool, it's the man: Carpenter, decades ago as I said, produced a better HK cinema tribute than any one made these days by hollywood combined...
Brotherhood of the Wolves, even with all its weird and unlikely parts, is a great tribute to Chang Che.
There is a different between imitating as a sign of admiration, and rip offs...and for now, all the Us offer us are rip offs, not tributes...
After seeing the trailer for "Kung Pow-Enter the Fist", I believe this movie could be a real tribute to HK cinema...the guy even included some scenes from old movies in which he was incrusted digitally...I'm waiting to judge, but at least this one seems more to me like a tribute than an ersatz...
Take care, my dear (yeah, I heard you were simply stunning :) )

Crimson Phoenix
01-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Sorry for typos, I'm in a hurry!!

Brad
01-11-2002, 07:18 AM
do you know who his first wife is and why he got married a second time? he has a little girl named Jane doesnt he?
I think his first wife was one of his old Beijing Wushu Teammates, but I could be wrong.
Hopefully this new Joel Silver movie will not use any wire work. I want to see the REAL Jet!

hey...they want to extend their knowlegde to the western world, they want to be PART of the western world, so the least you can do is give them credit for trying. And I happen to think that Jet Li has done a brilliant job of it!
I think Jet needs to star in just one movie that the American public will accept to really establish himself. Kind of like Jackie Chan and Rush Hour two. Nothing to fancey, with a simple storyline, and action that allows him to demonstrate what he's really capable of(un asisted by modern technology ;) ). RMD had the simple comedic storyline, but was ruined by wires(and wasn't helped any by a first time director). The One had too complex of a story, and KOD had great fight scenes, but was pretty boring when Jet wasn't fighting.

Kristoffer
01-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Hi Ms. Li!! :D As u requested, I'm back...
OOOookaY- let's rip this thread too peices:

---

I still don't think that Jet could really fight for real, but he is a good entertainer. But honestly? Come on Ms. Li, and Silumkid! HES LIKE REALLY OLD!! How can u guys be atractive too him?
:confused:

I still think that the movies he made before comming to the US were much better. Romeo must die?? Aaliyah was the only reason I saw that one. Crappy fights, bad acting and kinda lame story. But the soundtrack was good, and it was kinda cool. Nice angles and such.
I'm not even gonna comment on KOD or the suckiest of all, ´lethal weapon!! He is so pathetic in that movie when he tries to do stuff without his wires. I actually laughed at him, then I was embaressed (spelling? coz of that people will actually beleive that he is doing Kung Fu! Wich totally sux because he looked SO bad in that movie.

The one seems kinda interesting mainly coz of the 'Hsing-I and Pakua' that he OBVIOUSLY is a 'master' of? right? You guys that argue that he does Kung Fu is SO diluted! I only gonna say this twice.. You can make ANYONE look like they can fight, be a master, or have traditional training in a movie! Hell if they can make dinosaurs look real then why not make some crappy ballet dancer like Jet look like a good fighter?

that was once..
You can make ANYONE look like they can fight, be a master, or have traditional training in a movie! Hell if they can make dinosaurs look real then why not make some crappy ballet dancer like Jet look like a good fighter?
that was twice....:D

wangsizhong
01-11-2002, 11:34 AM
crimson phoenix said:

"go back to HK, Jet, Donnie, Yun Fat, go all back to HK and shoot a movie with Liu Chia Liang or something..."

in a sense, i totally agree with you. the movies they made there were generally superior. on the other hand, it is something they have a tendency to do. if by liu chia liang you're talking about gordon liu (i think thats him right?), jet's already done it ("kung fu cult hero") and it was great.if you're not talking about gordon liu, then nevermind that part.

on the other hand, jet and jackie at least make a point of returning to asia to make movies. obviously Yun Fat went back recently too (CTHD).

on the other hand,the only reason i ever heard of jet li was that back in my star wars days he was rumoured to be playing boba fett in episode II (that never happened though). without this kind of western exposure, it would be difficult for many people to hear of guys like jet. there are so many action stars in HK that its difficult to wade through to the "good ones". while jackie may have the star power now to have people follow his career back in asia, jet probably doesn't. plus US dollars don't hurt the bank account ;)

Brad said,
"Hopefully this new Joel Silver movie will not use any wire work. I want to see the REAL Jet!"

i used to feel the same way, but to quote the British, "not bloody likely". you might not even be able to tell if its real jet or not. Undercranking (speeding up the action by slowing down the filming speed) could still be involved, or even slowing down the action by doing the reverse. and while i am as big a fan of "realistic" fighting as the next guy, i still enjoy a bit of wire work now and again.

Wang Si Zhong

Silumkid
01-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Kristoffer: Wow, you really ripped this thread to pieces...:rolleyes:
Give a guy a little ribbing and the best you could come back with was "You are gay"? Not only was that not at all witty or funny, that remark ceased to have any effect on most civilized humanity around the time they moved on to the third grade. Would you mind showing me exactly where I said I was attracted to him? Or like I said before, are you going to just make things up on an obviously fan-based thread looking for attention? That, my friend, is called "trolling". And if you think anyone can look like a master because of computers, you must have loved "Charlie's Angels".

Tae Li: I, unfortunately, cannot remember Jet Li's first wife's name even though I met her once. I can say that I found her very attractive! I think she was indeed one of his former teammates from Beijing Wushu Team.

As far as Hong Kong rip-offs go, what can I say? It happens all the time...look at how many times Blair Witch and The Matrix have been copied, spoofed, played off of. It's a sad disease that the movie industry in general has and it won't go away until it stops making money. With that being said, I also don't think it is quite fair to compare Jet's US movies with his Hong Kong movies. Expecting every martial arts film to be Once Upon a Time in China is like expecting every gang movie to be Clockwork Orange, or every military movie to be Full Metal Jacket. Classics are classics for a reason. Support what you like, ignore the ones you don't. I, for one, am not above watching Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Jalal Merhi, Oliver Grunier, et al. crappers...it makes the great seem that much more spectacular! :cool:

Silumkid
01-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Tae Li: By the way (sorry, didn't think of this until just now)...for your Hsing-I, Bagua question...it depends on what context you are using "wushu". From my understanding, Hsing-I and Baguazhang are quite traditional and not related to contemporary wushu at all. In fact, some of the "hidden references" in The One were taken directly from old legends.

For instance, in the scene where Yulaw is practicing Hsing-I in his cell with shackles on...that relates directly to a story of (I believe) the founder of Hsing-I. He was imprisoned and as a result could not practice his wushu. The shackles restricted his movements too much. This was the genesis of Hsing-I however, as he discovered that he could still issue his power in short stepping patterns and direct strikes. The strikes fist positions are also related to the five elements. This is only from what little I know, you may want to ask others more knowledgeable about the details.

They didn't seem to use the same references relating to the Baguazhang, although I did think the use of the mirrors was a great "hidden" touch.

Anyhow, I still think The One has been Jet's best US movie so far. I'm anxiously awaiting Hero.

Kristoffer
01-11-2002, 01:08 PM
" fan-based thread looking for attention?
That, my friend, is called "trolling".

haha:D yeah >Im tha big bad troll just because I have a different opinion about the ballet dancer? Don't u have freedom of speech in your land? I'm just trying to heat up the boring thread a bit. (makes it funnier too read) I never started flaming your ass, you however started to talk **** about my country.
Oh, and I'm only here because our lovely hostess wanted me too show up. I cant turn down that right?

"And if you think anyone can look like a master
because of computers, you must have loved "Charlie's Angels".

Uhh, no offence but I dont think that anyone in CA looked like they knew anything at all. Where did I say that? Or did u mean that u thought they looked like masters? If u think that a real fight lookes like anything in a Jet Li movie, fine :D (if u answer 'yes' here, I will consider you a horrible martial artist and not worthy of any of my attention.)

So how is everything Ms. Li? Had any fecal flakes yet? take care..

Silumkid
01-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Awww....poor Kristoffer....did your little pea**** feathers get all ruffled because of mean old Silumkid's obvious joke? This :p usually denotes such offerings, but judging from your last thread your powers of selective comprehension are quite unmatchable. If you can't handle the current heat, what makes you think you need to turn anything up?

As to your "question", you said...."Anybody can look like a master in a movie". Check your own posts, boy. Then try questioning me. There's your answer....still waiting for mine. Oh sorry. I just realized you don't have one.

Wanna keep "turning up the heat"? Just say so. Wanna call truce? Just say so. Either way, it's fine with me. But don't think for a minuteyou can even try to front on me, especially when you obviously have no idea what or who you are talking about.

Kristoffer
01-11-2002, 03:28 PM
~LoL~

I'm just feeling for picking on somebody. I'm too tired at the moment to continue, but maybe on monday. Let's call a truce until then : )

Crimson Phoenix
01-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Actually, it was not Xingyi's founder, it was Guo Yun Shen...he went to prison for killing someone with one punch in a duel.
During his stay in prison, he practiced with his handcuffs on and it is during this period that he only kept the five elemental fist and got rid of animal moves in his practice.
That also explains the epurated theories of yi chuan, as Guo taught Wang Xiang Zhai xingyi before Wang created yi quan.
Nice comment, I also caught the reference and found it very cool during the movie ;)

prana
01-11-2002, 05:03 PM
ok I watched it.

My take, too sci-fi, too fake. I like the old style fights that Jet li used to do, like in Once Upon a time in China or TaiChi Master, those were awesome. This is all too, animated. Know what I mean ? And as some of my colleagues were saying, in the east, a fight has to last more than 3 good minutes, but in the west, it has to last less than 3 minutes coupled with a great deal of animated stuff.

But then again, that is just my lousy opinion.

tnwingtsun
01-11-2002, 07:16 PM
Where in Australia do you live??

And why do you only train in TKD??

If you are close to Sydney theres so many CMA and Wushu

schools to pick from,one I would recomend if you are interested.

I'm sure you're stunning with or without your glasses.

How have you tryed to see Jet-Li?

Even though he's a movie star,he's not that hard to find if you would be satisfied with maybe a pic with him,can't garrentee

a hot and steamy night with the ole Jetster!

I could try to arrange your meeting,e-mail me,you never know.

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Glad to see the thread is still running in my absense, but the hostess is back!

I agree there is clearly too much wire work done in the majority of martial arts movies these days, and i guess thats why Jacki Chan is perhaps more popular that Jet Li, or at least more widely known, cos everyome knows that he performs his own stunts, but im sure beyond doubt that if Jet was to perform his art and skill without the aid of computerised technology it would look simply brilliant on the big screen. The only hope of that happenng any time soon is with 'Hero'...I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Crimson: Interesting background on Bagua and Xingyi, it makes alot more sense when you understand the history of something and then go back watch it.

SilumKid: You met his first wife??? really?what did she look like? exactly??? plus im not a big fan of Don the Dragon Wilson either, i like to stick to my Chinese hero's, one in particular, can you guess who???
:p
I dont like VanDamme very much either...but thats my opinion.

Prana: your opinon is NOT lousy and always worthwhile;)

but trust me your right, I mean i really enjoyed The One and all the fight scenes but in terms of comparing it with a traditonal HK movie with NO special effects and just the real thing, it is much preferred!!:)

tnwingstun...............yes I do live in Sydney...where are you from again? you sound like your actually serious about me hooking up with Jet...like you can actually do something!!!! are you serious or are you pulling my arm??? trust me if i had the money right now I would fly to China and run out on the set of hero and demand to see the man thats been driving me crazy:D :D

I would love to start wushu, the only reason that I didnt was because i was already half way in TKD and felt I may as well go all the way. So I got my 2nd DAN now and want to start something fresh. Jon is gonna teach me some stuff, and I inquired about a wushu school but my e-mail didnt go through for some reason.

so yeah, thats that. And im NOT stunning, i wouldnt actually say somethig like that about myself and be serious!!

Kristoffer....no personal abuse!! say your opinion about Jet and anything associated, but nothin personal. talk to ya on soon on the 'other' thread.

:p ;)

Ok, get back to everyone real soon! plus anymore insight fill me in!! phew!

Tae Li;) aka Li Lian lover/

jon
01-11-2002, 08:50 PM
"And im NOT stunning, i wouldnt actually say somethig like that about myself and be serious!!"

- No you cant but i can:p She is a cutie guys trust me;)

jon
01-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Just in fun...
You seem to be a just a LITTLE paranoid about guys watching and enjoying Jet Li...
Im hoping this is not jelousy or anything is it?
errr would you prefer all the guys to watch you instead:eek:
Or is it that you really want people to all understand your view on Jet Li being the bain of all serious martial artists?
I mean what has he done for us lately? Not like he manages to influence thousands of people to take up an art that could potensialy change there life or anything is it?
Not like its a bit differnt to 10 years ago watching Rocky and as a kid thinking that was the coolest thing in the world. I really dont think Jet could ever have THAT effect could he?

Just mucking around wit ya:D

prana
01-11-2002, 09:02 PM
yeah last scene was pretty good. I didnt realise there was such a big mass of people form Sydney round ere !

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by jon
"And im NOT stunning, i wouldnt actually say somethig like that about myself and be serious!!"

- No you cant but i can:p She is a cutie guys trust me;)

JON!!!!:eek: lmao

Tae Li
01-11-2002, 11:48 PM
By the way, I absolutly LOVED rocky iv!!! One of the greatest boxing movies of all times not to mention that fabulous soundtrack!!! And the majority of the guys that i know think Sylvester Stallone is great in it!!

So come on!!be a man!!!admit it!!!! you like Jet Li too dont ya????:p lol

ok, seriousness again.......any new topics or info on anything we talked about previously? where else can i find info on the history of bagua or xingyi? any movies that illustrate this???

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-12-2002, 12:01 AM
errr..sorry...one more thing.....

Jet Li is also on the latest cover of Blitz mag. Just thought you should know, so check t out.

And boy does he look good!!!!!:eek:

;)

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 02:37 AM
Where is everyone????:(

you cant leave now!!! we've come too far!!

Tae Li

;)

wangsizhong
01-13-2002, 02:29 PM
i was watching "kung fu cult hero" today and it appears that jet's master is named zhang san feng (though it isn't translated that way in the subtitles). is this supposed to be the same zhang san feng that jet plays in "tai chi master"? it would make sense since they're both into tai chi, but it would be weird since in KFCH he's a WuDang guy and in TCM he's a Shaolin guy. is this some sort of classic character type (like wong fei hung or fong sai yuk) that they just adapt to the movie situation?

Wang Si Zhong

prana
01-13-2002, 03:54 PM
*sleepy eyes*

uhhh huh ? oh err umm good morning.

wushu chik
01-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Hate to break it to you Tae Li...but I have had dibs on Jet since I came to this forum. So you are just sh!t out of luck! HA HA. Ask the guys, they will tell you!! Me and Tri have been arguing about him for months now, so you are a day late and a dollar short!

You know what the even funnier thing is.....I know where he lives...pttttthhhhhhh!!!

~Wen~;)

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by wushu chik
Hate to break it to you Tae Li...but I have had dibs on Jet since I came to this forum. So you are just sh!t out of luck! HA HA. Ask the guys, they will tell you!! Me and Tri have been arguing about him for months now, so you are a day late and a dollar short!

You know what the even funnier thing is.....I know where he lives...pttttthhhhhhh!!!

~Wen~;)

Thats not a problem....im never on time for anything but always still manage to suceed. Im a patient person (at times), if I sy im gonna meet Li Lian, trust me, i will. Possibly not today and not tomorrow, but i will.;)

Finding out where he lives even a remote problem, the world is full of contacts and possibilites.....I believe, therefore I will.

Sorry, people dont really **** me off that easily, if that was your attempt. Im sorry you and Tri have had no such luck with Jet. Better luck in the future.

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Prana!!! goooood morniiiiiiiiiiiiiiind sleepy head.............rub those eyes are bit more and get back on this forum!!

Actually, maye you should have breakfast first.....so has new news or answers????

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 04:30 PM

Finding out where he lives even a remote problem, the world is full of contacts and possibilites.....I believe, therefore I will.

Tae Li;)

I meant finding out where he lives is NOT even a remote problem.

;)

wushu chik
01-13-2002, 05:03 PM
LOL! **** you off?? That wasn't my intent at all. Just stating facts, nothing more, nothing less.

Calm down chica....being in Australia isn't gonna get you that far on meeting him!! Try coming to L.A. or something...I think you would have a much better chance there!!

~Wen~

prana
01-13-2002, 05:21 PM
wot ? huh ? *blur still*
yeah just had a nice cookie. ahaha ThankQmaQ
:)

jon
01-13-2002, 07:19 PM
"i was watching "kung fu cult hero" today and it appears that jet's master is named zhang san feng (though it isn't translated that way in the subtitles). is this supposed to be the same zhang san feng that jet plays in "tai chi master"?"

-They are both playing zhang san feng who is the legendary creater of Tai Chi. Jet takes the role in Tai Chi master and Sammo Hung[Jets sifu in the movie] takes it in Kung Fu cult master. The two stories are not related though.

"it would make sense since they're both into tai chi, but it would be weird since in KFCH he's a WuDang guy and in TCM he's a Shaolin guy. is this some sort of classic character type (like wong fei hung or fong sai yuk) that they just adapt to the movie situation? "

- The two stories are on a different timeline... According to legend Zhang San Feng was a Shaolin student, he graduated but was not happy with what he had learnt. He was not big physicaly and his training all worked around strength and physical force. He went off into the mountains and eventualy came back with a new form of fighting which he taught to the monks. This was the beguinining of the new shaolin system and start of Tai Chi proper. He then left the temple and contiued on to Chen village where he perfected his new techniques.
Hence ZSF in KFC is an older one who has already been though all this. ZSF in TCM is the young one who actualy go's though some of these steps.
Hope that cleared up more confussion that i made.

For all those girls arguing over Jet Li... Go do something usefull and bring me Shu Qi.
If i have to look at that girl on dvd one more time i think im going to litteraly explode she is driving me nucking futs.
Shu Qi for our new queen...
lol im betting NO ONE knows who the hell i mean:( Hot chick out of storm riders guys:D

Silumkid
01-13-2002, 07:41 PM
Kristoffer: Cool. I just got back myself. Hope your time off was as good as mine. :D

Crimson: Thanks for setting me straight on the Hsing-I legends. Cheers!

Tae Li: Yup, I met her. She was about 5'2" or 5'3", short cut black hair (like a bob), slender but you could tell it was from exercise rather than genetics, very pretty. Very nice too, although we didn't get to talk more than "Hello". Great smile.

Now, for the Zhang San-Feng story, I had actually heard it told that he was expelled from Shaolin (no mention of a kungfu brother though) and created Chen family Tai Chi Chuan, becoming the genesis of Wutang (Wudong). So the Zhang San-Feng in Tai Chi Master and the one Sammo Hung portrays in Kung Fu Cult Master are about 70-80 years apart in their lifespan.

No other Jet news from my side of the lake. I'll keep ya posted though if anything comes up.

By the way, for Queen of Jet-town, I'd like to nominate Chingmy Yau or Maggie Cheung or Cheung Man. Any of those would make me happy. Of course, Tae Li's spot as president would be secure...the "queen" spot is merely a figurehead position, ya know? :cool:

prana
01-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Tae Li : new news or answers ?

man it is a great day in Sydney, finally, the weather is all nice and not too hot, but I feel a cold coming..... *yawn* *whinge* *whinge*

Hey is Jet actually into Vajrayana or is it just a prop ? (The mandala and 8-gua combination in his house)

triskellin
01-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Me and Tri have been arguing about him for months now, so you are a day late and a dollar short!

~Wen~;)

sorry? i think you mistake jet for russell. :p i've never liked the guy, i bet this is your attempt to steer me away from russell! not gonna work my friend. :p

wangsizhong
01-13-2002, 08:51 PM
thanks for the help with the ZSF question.
and yeah jon, i'm familiar with shu qi's work. i'll second your nomination.
as for news, i have a little background on the possible story for hero. it might not be used to the letter but i found info on shi huang di in a book that lines up with what i've read from the movie:

"[the legalist school, fa-jia] proposed resolving the problems of the empire through a strong government. A ruler should allocate to himself whatever power it takes to reestablish the proper social order. Language meanings should be legislated; crimes should be punished severely; the emporer should hold absolute power; all rebellions should be suppressed. The legalists assumed political power in the person of the emperor Zheng (who called himself Shi-huang-di, the 'first emperor') of the Qin dynasty. Zhen and the rest of this very short-lived dynasty ruled China in totalitarian style, complete with book burnings and the torture of dissidents. Their one lasting contribution was that their country became known as 'land of the Quin.' In earlier transcriptions this is 'land of the Ch'in,' or Chin-a." Neighboring Faiths by Corduan, p. 285

this explains why the "hero" plot revolves around an assassination plot against said emperor.

Wang Si Zhong

jon
01-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Just a few more things to add to this little legend [i love kung fu legends there my pass time] for a start very little is known for sure. To the point where he may not have existed at all and Chen Tai Chi simply comes from the Chen family of Chen village.
However the things they DO say about Zhang San Feng.
1 He was either a graduate or left on good terms. He was not kicked out, that was Bak Mei the white eyebrowed priest and thats just a legend to.
2 He definately learnt the full shoalin system and was decent with it but it didnt suit his build. Having seen a fair wack of long fist and old style arhat boxing i can see why he would think this.
3 Ive heard when he returned he only had THREE movements... It was more about the principle of the application and the dynamics of the body. You could place money the opening pose of most Tai Chi [where the hands and body raise then sink] is one of these three movements.
4 Due to his influence they reorganised Shaolin to be much softer and more internal. Before that it really was based on pure strength and crashing though. The moves remained similar but the theorys on how to apply them changed drasticaly. You can see many similaritys between higher level shaolin arts like dragon and the application of old tai chi.
5 The Tai Chi that Zhang San Feng had was a fighting art of the highest order and was quite brutal it combined the external of the old shaolin with the softness in defence for gaurding. At this time there were sayings like 'soft hands for blocking and hard fists for striking' being spread round the campfire.
6 After Zhang San Feng moved and taught the Chen family he clearly addapted his art greatly. Becouse he was a shaolin monk and the Chen family where not buddisht he couldnt teach them shaolin. So he futher improves his own fighting style and beguins to teach them that.
6 Over the years the Chen family changed the Tai Chi quite considerabley, most likely to make up the holes that taking out shaolin had left. The result was the newer forms of Tai Chi where all the movements are soft and EVERYTHING must be internal.

So yeah thats what my research into Zhang San Feng has revealed for me. It peiced together from several sources, and as stated more legend than fact.

S.Teebas
01-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Stop talking!

..i was enjoying the cat fight over Jet Li.

now ladies, Please continue to fight......:D :D

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 10:01 PM
urggggggg....everything I wrote just got deleted, so now I have to start again....

S.Teebas....it is NOT cat fight. I hate cat fights, thats prob the reason i started martial arts, so i would never be faced with a cat fight, i would just throw one kick and it would be all over......(but i do like a challenge....:p )

Triskellin, i didnt know that you were'Tri", as referred to earlier. Now i know. Hows your dog? how are YOU? hope all is better. Talk soon.

Jon and Wangsizhong:D keep up the chat about kung fu cult legends, your the only ones actually keeping ths thread on track!! well done, keep it up..lol (like you need to hear that from me)

Has anyone heard from tnwingstun?????????? he's my one thread of hope at the moment??? where are yoouuuuuuuu????

Prana: where abouts in Sydney do you live??? and yes, the weather has been looking quite lovely lately:)

ummm, what else???? Yes, i really want to go back and watch The one, just for some extra perving and 'shrieking', but not too sure when. Oh, and I may be able to go to China after all( but cant jinx myself- have to wait and see, if things progress).

ciao all:D

Tae Li;)

oops, 4got a very imoportant person....SilumKid!!! hello there!!;) see I referred to you personally, which meant you get extra special attention. (God I crack myself up):rolleyes:

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 10:06 PM
Tae Li : new news or answers ?

man it is a great day in Sydney, finally, the weather is all nice and not too hot, but I feel a cold coming..... *yawn* *whinge* *whinge*

Hey is Jet actually into Vajrayana or is it just a prop ? (The mandala and 8-gua combination in his house)

It aint no prop buddy. My darling Li ivery much into his Tibetian Budiasm. Very religious i presume. His using movies to promote his religion. Have you een to his website? The tibetian mandela is also used as his background image there.

SilumKid......NO ONE can ever replace me:cool: not happening. Not in this lifetime anyway.

Tae Li;)

wushu chik
01-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Sorry Chica...
I already got that role...Ms. Presidente at your service. You lose...try another time, because it's already been filled!

~Wen~

prana
01-13-2002, 10:34 PM

It aint no prop buddy. My darling Li ivery much into his Tibetian Budiasm. Very religious i presume. His using movies to promote his religion. Have you een to his website? The tibetian mandela is also used as his background image there.

Tae Li;)

Can you tell which lineage it is ? Nyima, Sakya, Kagyu or Gelug ?

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Sorry Chica...
I already got that role...Ms. Presidente at your service. You lose...try another time, because it's already been filled!

~Wen~

im really not into fighting over men, cos they usually choose me anyway;)

So please wake up and smell the taste of defeat.....you have no chance, never have, never will. This will be my last reply to something like this, cos it just isnt my style.
err....Sorry love, but you'll have to find another man and certainly someone else to argue with. Like i said...I like a challenge:p

Your in a dream as 'presidente'....but please, dont wake up. It would just devestate me to know that you realised the truth.....

Tae Li
;)

S.Teebas: make the most of this final easy comp. cos it ends right here and you wont smell somethin like this for a while:cool:

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Li Lian would be so proud of me....I made to page 10 of this thread strictly dedicated to him:) uhhhhhh. just the thought of him makes me tingle all over (errr..sorry....personal thought...wont happen again:o )

Keep up the info people.

Tae Li;) aka Li Lian lover

prana
01-13-2002, 11:00 PM
http://www.jetli.com/jetli/jet/jet_religion_teacher.php?bw=

The Rinpoche walked with the boy, his arm resting on the latter's shoulder. Later, while they were resting, he took out a bottle of mineral water, said a mantra over it, gave it to the boy, and asked him to recite the Manjushri mantra. To the surprise of witnesses, the boy began vocalizing the mantra. The disease was cured. It might have seemed miraculous to the average layman, but to the Rinpoche, it was just a routine cold treated through a different and more spiritual channel.

ahahah sound familiar :D So it seems Jet is a Kagyupa :) ahahaha
wonder what is Kagyupa name is :)

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 02:44 AM
http://www.jetli.com/jetli/jet/jet_religion_teacher.php?bw=

ahahah sound familiar :D So it seems Jet is a Kagyupa :) ahahaha
wonder what is Kagyupa name is :)

I dont know what it is, but il be sure to find out!! thanks for the url too prana:D

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 05:24 PM
no local video store has a copy of Fist Of Legends, and I want to see FIST OF LEGENDS!!

arhhhh! anyone in Australia got a copy that want to donate and not ge back???lol, just kidding, im gonna have to far and wide to get a copy.

What is my thread doing on page two??? it doesnt belong there.....;)

Tae Li;)

wangsizhong
01-14-2002, 05:39 PM
tae li:

are you saying you haven't seen fist of legend?
and you call yourself a fan...;)

Wang Si Zhong

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 05:48 PM
HA HA...I have Fist of Legend on DVD!! And, all I had to do was go to the mall. Hmmmm, so sad. What a fan YOU are!

~Wen~

jon
01-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Easy for you to say your not living in Australia putting up with having to wait for things to be converted to region four pal. Personaly i just go to china town and buy the regionless Hong Kong discs but believe it or not Fist of Legend is only out on American DVD. Boggles the darn mind, same thing with Drunken Master 2.
You can get it on VHS though Siren Tae Li, but in this day and age who the heck still buys VHS:p

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wangsizhong
tae li:

are you saying you haven't seen fist of legend?
and you call yourself a fan...;)

Wang Si Zhong

OF COURSE I HAVE SEEN IT, I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

DONT EVER CALL ME A FRAUD!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!, but i guess i am to blame i should have made myself clearer, and for your information Fist Of Legend happens to be the best Jet Li film ever made!!!!:p

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 06:08 PM
I was living in Bondi just over a year ago when i last watched it (thats a quality video ezy store) and now that im living where I am its so typical that they wont have it. you know when you ahev a craving to see a movie all over again? yes, well, im having that right now for Fist Of Legend..............I cannot believe you would doubt me. Im shocked as wellas disgusted.

:eek:

Tae Li;)

prana
01-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jon

You can get it on VHS though Siren Tae Li, but in this day and age who the heck still buys VHS:p

*sob* *sob* I am a fine example of such a soul. :D
I am not worthy, I still havent watched it !

<Gone to Hiding>

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 06:21 PM
lol....you crack me up Prana:D

But i give all poor souls chances on this thread...go out and watch it first chance you get.......but your always worthy on this thread, if your a fan of Jet Li, trus your worthy.........;)

Hey, im the hostess, I have the power to decide...hehehehe

;)

Tae Li;)

prana
01-14-2002, 06:25 PM
but I don't own a DVD player !!! :(

Actually, my other half is a ginourmous fan of Jet, more so than I. But she likes him with the olden china day hair do better, like in Wong Fei Hung

jon
01-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Watch me go down in a blaze of glory...

Im not a big fan of Fist of Legend... Its the only Jet Movie i havent tried hard to get on dvd.
Ill be dead honest about this if i want to watch someone fight like Bruce Lee ill just wack out a BL movie. Watching Jet pretending to do Jeet Kune Do was not very impressive. Add to this the fact that everyone he fights uses some kind of wierd half karate style and you have a movie with very little in the way of good match ups.
For me i prefer the traditional stuff, OUATIC and KFC and TC Master. FOL just comes accross as yet another remake and its not that great a movie to beguin with....
Ive now had to put up with both Jet Lee and Jacky Chan trying to fight like Bruce dispite having totaly different sets of skills. I personaly think they should stick to what there good at.
FOL is full of pretensious Karate vs Kung Fu rubbish and often comes accross as simply a racist film. It has little good traditional combinations or ideas becouse its to caught up in strait blasting and high lead leg kicking. There are a few decent fights and the music is darn cool but for me this was not a high point in Jet Li's carear.

Now im going to duck and cover to protect from the onslaught of abuse im likely to cop... See the things i do to make you feel better Prana.

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 06:39 PM
Your messing with the wrong gaFirstly Mr, (yes I am referring to you Jon!!) its Jet 'Li' and 'Jacki' Chan...so get it right next time!!!

Secondly, Jet Li does shine throughout all of his movies and ehrn did he even try to imitate Jett Kune Do, or Karate??? he didnt even come close.......He's pretty darn brilliant at performing his own style!!

So you didnt like Fist of Legend and would make more of an attempt to get BL movie...well good for you!!!!

Hey, ive been in your room Mr and quite Frankly I aint stepping foot in there agin until see a Jet Li poster up on that wall you BL freak:p

Oh mate have you coped it ......wheres SilumKid????????/ He's the only true Jet Li fan here:cool:

Your messing with the wrong gal here boys...........

Tae Li

Tae Li;) ;)

prana
01-14-2002, 06:43 PM
aww thanks Jon :D I do feel betta.

yeah I understand what ya said. I prefer the old style Jet movies, I like one about a group of young martial arts kids, I think it was called "The Shaolin kids" or something similar. About a group of male and female kids living across a river from each other....

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 06:45 PM
There something wrong with this comp.

it repeats everything I type.....weird.

jon
01-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Tae Li
Now ya see what happens when a guy trys to give his educated opinion on something like this? Im sorry for spelling the name of your hero wrong, an honest mistake. As to the Jet vs Bruce issue... Im a fan of both though i prefer Jet as he is a much better actor as well as being better suited to the traditional style of kung fu movie.
Most of my posters i have been given. I have this REALLY annoying problem, where by none of my friends have the slightest idea what to get me for presents. I get one of two things from each of them every time... Either a little dragon [ive got about 8] or a Bruce Lee poster [about 4]. So really its not my fault...

"ehrn did he even try to imitate Jett Kune Do"
- Yes blatently and painfully, right down to the dancing around, wazzza and wiping his nose. Although i have to admit i havent seen it for a while. Its more imitating Bruce that JKD, still its more or less the same thing as thats what Bruce used in his films.

Have you seen the orginal yet?
You wanna have a comp? How many Jet Li movies have you got?? Huh Huh?? Ive got NINE ill just repeat that again for you NINE!!! all on DVD!
hehe you bite me ill bite back:D

prana
Ya see, even my friends attack me for saying things like that:(
Shaolin kids rocks... Its got nearly the whole of the cast from Shaolin Temple in it. Really cool fantacy, i love the older Jet stuff there is a real sence of romance and adventure to them.

wangsizhong
01-14-2002, 07:04 PM
i can't believe anyone would prefer "kids from shaolin" to "fist of legend". but then again, according to Tae Lee, i mean Li, i'm not a real jet fan anyway so my opinion doesn't count ;)
boy is this thread getting ugly. before you know it someone will say they don't even LIKE jet, then tae li's gonna send out some ninjas and they're gonna lose it and waste everybody and no one will be around for "hero" except miss li lian lover herself.
methinks i hear the echo of tabi boots in the hallway...

Wang Si Zhong

prana
01-14-2002, 07:07 PM
wang, hehehe truth be told, I havent watched the other movie yet to compare :D :p hehehehe

Jon, simple movies for simple guys and I am a simple fella :D

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:09 PM
Hey Jonny Dragon, if I bite hard enough your gonna be in alot of paiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn, so dont tempt me:p

I love his old movies more then the new also, but Jet Li is Jet Li and I really dont think ths he is trying to imitate anything or anyone. I mean, sure he gets ideas from other movies but who doesnt these days?

And no I dont want to have a comp....I dont need to prove my love for Jet by buying all his dvd's, quite frankly I dont have that kind of money, in fact I dont have any money at all, so bite me!!:cool:

I rent his videos and watch them over and over and over again and the finally i return them but only til after i have memorised every scene, every smile every fight every word, every gesture every type of clothing he wears, every thought, every new idea, everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So beat that!!! And prana, Jon is just feeling sorry for himself.....:p

He thinks a small fight with his best mates and its all over........

silly, just silly. lol

Tae Li;) Queen, President, master, Leader, ruler, emporer of all Li Lian Jie fans. She is............... THE oNE.

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:17 PM
lol, Wangsizhoong, the last thing I wnat to do is fight on this thread that should deploy the concept of peace.

So please be pleasent with your remarks people and if anyone even thinks of saying they dont like Jet Li on THIS thread, then think again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:eek:

say it on anothe thread, not here, otherwise like WangsiZHGONG SAID, YOUR GONNA HERE MY BOOTS IN THE CORRIDOR...........

hahahaha, the pic. of me like that is hilarious!!!

Tae Li;) lmao

jon
01-14-2002, 07:19 PM
wangsizhong
"i can't believe anyone would prefer "kids from shaolin" to "fist of legend"."
- Hmm let me think... One has a young Jet Li along with most of his old class mates stuffing trying to do the most complicated things they can think of. They had NO money for that movie so the whole thing has no special effects and no real plot, its just a bunch of kung fu masters stuffing about with weapons its bloody brilliant.
-The other has an older Jet li making a remake of an old Bruce Lee film, whilst beating up many evil Japanese Gi toting sandle wearing 'karate' experts.
hehe im just kidding dude everyone is entitled to there own opinion this is just mine:)

prana
"simple movies for simple guys and I am a simple fella"
- Only simple things last in this world, may your spirit continue to shine:D

prana
01-14-2002, 07:22 PM
awww thanks Jon :) - Om Mani Padme Hum

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:26 PM
errrrrr...we get the point Jon, no need to repeat everything a hundred times........:rolleyes:

lol, im just kidding, you hate me dont you??????:p

I love when jet Li teaching in Fust of Legend all the other blokes outside......the intelligence in his voice and eyes and actions.......

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's THE oNE....no doubt about it.;)

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:28 PM
listen to you boys sapping about like females....lol, its actually quite amusing.

But comeon, get back to Jet Li and movies, or perhaps somthing else asoociated with 'personal' Jet Li??

jon
01-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Ok now your gonna have to explain yourself young lady:p

"And prana, Jon is just feeling sorry for himself.....
He thinks a small fight with his best mates and its all over........ "

- Im only kidding around for a start, i often post in a half mean way though my intensions are always only in fun. If im angry you will know it, my tone is very different and im overly polite.

Now how exactly and why exactly am i feeling sorry for myself? Im in a darn fine mood, its a great day outside and im off for a drive to Newcastle to pick up my mate Shelly who i havent seen for a month or so.
Anyway take care Tae Li [i hate having to call you that btw god i use my real name cant i just use yours:p ] ill give you a call over the next few days and see how your doing:D
Dont let anyone get away with not liking Jet Li while im gone ok?

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:34 PM
I'l be waiting for your call!!!

lol, drive carefull and behave yourself. Dont worry I have plenty of boys here who will gurad this thread with me;) ;)

Take care Dragon.

ME.;)

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:35 PM
GUARD.

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Tae Li...
How old are you? You sound like a little girl that wants candy, but in this case, it's a man. I am sorry you are jonesing so badly for Jet. And I am REALLY sorry that you will probably never get the satisfaction to touch him or whatever it is you want to do to him. Jet is great, I will admit that. He's my fave actor. But, I wanna share something with you.....OBSESSION only goes so far until it becomes FATAL ATTRACTION!!!

Silum is a HUGE Jet Li fan. You are right on that one. He has more Jet Li movies than anyone I have ever met in my lifetime. But, he's also a fan of a LOT MORE than Jet Li. He's got more Hong Kong Cinema than an asian movie rental place. AND HE STILL HAS MY JET LI SHIRT.

~Wen~

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Oh, and has anyone heard about the New Jet Li movie that's he starting to make in a few months with DMX?? Just wondering, sounds like its going to be good...it's supposed to be a thriller.

~Wen~

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Thats nice.

Tae Li
01-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Im off people, be good on my threadwhile im gone:D

Check back with everyone later.

Tae Li;)

jon
01-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Do you by any chance have green eyes?

Tae Li
Cya buddie keep well.

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Why do you ask Jon??

~Wen~

jon
01-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Its just a joke:D
Ever heard of the green eyed monster?
Just kidding:)

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 08:02 PM
OK.....that was um, interesting to say the least. Anyways, has anyone heard about the movie??

wangsizhong
01-14-2002, 08:29 PM
wushu chik:

i think someone posted a link to the info somewhere on KFO, but i didn't want to go look for it so i went to jet's homepage. it has a link to 3 articles (i think to links go to the same info). the one from variety said:

"It pits a law enforcement officer (Li) against a streetwise entrepreneur (DMX) who's suspected of being part of a global diamond heist. The adversaries find themselves uneasily aligned as the cop helps the crook find his daughter, who's been kidnapped by a dangerous man bent on acquiring the diamonds as part of a scheme for mass destruction."

it's supposed to be called "cradle to the grave"

Wang Si Zhong

wushu chik
01-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Thank you. Yeah, it was Silumkid. I just talked to him and he told me he posted the article! I will go and read it in a few!

~Wen~

Silumkid
01-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Well, here I was writing a big post for you all and then my f'ing phone rings and cut me right the fu<k off. And now my dinner is ready so I'll have to repost it later.

Just wanted to say Hello to my fave thread so far and say thanks Tae Li for the extra special mentions. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

I have green eyes, so what's all this about green eyed monsters??? :cool:

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 02:30 AM
Well, here I was writing a big post for you all and then my f'ing phone rings and cut me right the fu<k off. And now my dinner is ready so I'll have to repost it later.

Just wanted to say Hello to my fave thread so far and say thanks Tae Li for the extra special mentions. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

I have green eyes, so what's all this about green eyed monsters??? :cool:

Hey you back yet????? or what? The green eyed monster...hasnt anyone read Othello? the Green eyed monster is the monster of jealousy............:)

so now you know, dont wory SilumKid, it wasnt being referred to you:p

Tae Li

jon
01-15-2002, 03:49 AM
Glad to see your education hasnt gone to waste... You always where an observer.
Ive got my mate Shelly down for a few days but if your keen to come to a comedy gig tommorow night [wens night] then give us a buzz. Actualy ill proberly give you one and invite you properly.
Its just going to be me and Shell but comedy is good for the soul it will help you in the state your in atm:D

Kristoffer
01-15-2002, 07:46 AM
;) i know u guys see me as a troll coz i dont think that Jetty can fight.. But I have a question here for ya anyway:

What's this about Jet doing a movie with Jackie Chan?? Is this true? If anyone knows anything about this I would like too hear about it.

The ultimate kung fu movie would be: :D

Jackie Chan, jet Li, Michelle Yeow, Zhang Ziyi, Lucy Liu (:o ), Anita Mui, Angelina Jolie, aaaand Sammo Hung!
3 and a half hour long action thriller with alot of blood, sweat and some nifty sex scenes. Mix it with a dose of really dark humor and some of the best dialogs in a movie, mix it with some under lined sci fi theorys and some manga esque mixed with hard reality. That's a movie.

NafAnal
01-15-2002, 08:01 AM
"and some nifty sex scenes."

Angelina jolie and zhang ziyi in some form of lesbian jacuzzi scene..... oh yes..

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Hey Hey Hey, Kris i like the idea but please dont ruin my thread with pornography!!!!!!:eek: DONT EVEN GO THERE!

YES about the Jet Li and Jacki Chan combo, apprently as evident from various sources this year Mr Cham and Li are going to get together and do a gig, that is as far as th info goes for the moment but as soon as i hear anything new, rest assured it will be on this thread.:D

please no porn ok? ;)

its bad for the soul.... lol/

Jon, I wish you would have told me earlier!!!!!, but my friends are taking me to one of their places for a vidoe night and lots of funny goss! ****, i would have really liked to join you and shell, but maybe you two should just catch up anyway:D

you better give me extra notice next time!!!!! il visit soon anyways.

by the way Jon, about the green eyed monster....well, what can i say, but Great minds think alike;)

Tae Li;)

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 03:37 PM
ask me who managed to find, in a used book shop, a program from the beijing wushu team's performance for president nixon.

now ask me who's picture appears in the inside cover (as a kid, mind you).

if i ever get the opportunity to hit jet li up for his autograph, i'm so getting THAT signed.

stuart 'fanboy' b.

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 05:31 PM
wow! really?? talk about good luck!!! youll be surprised at the stuf you find in old book stores. my local lib. is having a sale, i think i better go and have a browse just in case i get lucky like you.

Wanna be my new bestfriend???:D

lol.

Tae Li

;)

Silumkid
01-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey apo,

I think I have seen that book....is it the one with a pic of Jet in what looks like a drunken pose on the ground in his yellow and black wushu suit as seen in one of those documentary DVD's I have?

So, I will be sort of drifting for the next few days. I'm fighting off a rotten cold. Sore throat, slight cough....but don't worry, kids! Still going to take a shot at training tonight. :D Now, let's see if I can remember the gist of my last interrupted post.

Fist of Legend: Personally, I don't remember any of the "nose thumbing and waazzaaa"s. Maybe I missed something? Hard to imagine though since I have an entirely unedited copy of FOL, including the infamous (and often unknown) opium smoking scene. I think FOL ranks among Jet's top ten, and judging from things I have read, I'm in good company. Supposedly, many top kungfu masters in China were praising the movie and Yuen Woo-Ping for the realism in the fight scenes. They probably were not referring to the wirework, but oh well. Sidebar: I don't mind wirework....so there.

Kids from Shaolin was a good movie for what it was...simple with a shoestring budget. But I think that added a certain amount of grittiness to the film that added to the atmosphere.

Thanks again for all the Zhang San-Feng info....I posted what I had heard knowing full well that there were dissenting views. If only Chinese martial research wasn't so....daunting.

Well, that's it for now. Oh and thanks again for the FOUR special mentions (three from Tae Li and one from wushu chik). Glad to know I'm in such demand! HA HA!! :cool:

wushu chik
01-15-2002, 05:53 PM
HMMMMM...Opium smoking scene huh?? I want a copy!

And, you know I give you special mention because I love you...NOW SEND ME MY SHIRT!!

~Wen~

Silumkid
01-15-2002, 06:04 PM
NO SHIRT FOR YOU! You may now call me Shirt Nazi.

I told you once, I'll tell you again. You want my shirt, we must fight. Tables, Ladders and Chairs allowed!

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 07:31 PM
So what's the latest? no more debates about our fav Li flicks or what???

So did anyone alse happen to pick up a copy of blitz mag and read the interview with Jet about The oNe???

It was really good, but quite similar to the one in Kung fu mag.....

Great pics as well, im just looking for space to put up the poster of Li Lian.

hmm, what else??

Prana...u know the Yin Yang symbol.....i have goten quite a bit of info about it of the Jet Li site but do you have an exact definition? Jet tends to refer to it strictly as balance and stuff in terms of philolosphy, but what are other interpretations of it especialy in terms of religion???

Tae Li
;)

wushu chik
01-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Well big bro..I will say this...you are WAY more convincing than that moron on Seinfeld!! ANYWAYS...It will happen....chairs, ladders etc........I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!!!!

~Wen~

prana
01-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Yin-Yang symbol. I am not true to Chinese Philosophy but generally, in all white there exists some black and in all black there exists white. Everything is in equilibrium. Just like how I am a dumb nut and someone else has stolen my neurons etc. These two fishes symbolises life and all.

Leonidas
01-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Wow, i guess people really love Jet Li. A whole 190 post about em'

All i gotta say is...........................JACKIE CHAN RULES KUNG FU FLIX..................AAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA :D

Seriously, i like Jet too, but Jackies the man, you know your big when you have your own Cartoon. .

wangsizhong
01-15-2002, 09:51 PM
the yin yang is meant to represent balance, but also constant change. extreme yang becomes yin, extreme yin becomes yang. in bruce lee's jeet kune do symbol, he has arrows around the outside which represent this movement. there is always a little yin in the yang and vice versa. the eight trigrams which surround the yin yang in the bagua logo and the korean flag represent this change as well, and they are sometimes used in hexagrams as well (two trigrams put together). broken lines are yin, and unbroken lines represent yang.

in most chinese fields (medicine, philosophy, religion?, etc.) the yin and yang is the basic concept with most everything in creation being considered one or the other (but always with the implication of its opposite).

the yin yang is also known as the tai ji (supreme ultimate) map with the "s" shape being some sort of "perfect" shape.

here are some quotes from Yang Li's "Book of Changes and Traditional Chinese Medicine":

"'Tai' represents supreme, inexhaustible. Taiji means infinite, including endless time and limitless space. 'Limitless refers to the original chaotic Qi in the universe with no direction, no shape, and no limit, which is 'Dao generates one.' It represents no only the infinity of macrocosm, but also the microcosm itself." p. 71

"The Map of the Grand Terminus from infinite to supreme ultimate, is the basis of the theory of the occurrence of the universe in Book of Changes. . . Taiji (the Grand Terminus), therefore, refers to the idea that the universe is infinite and limitless." p. 71

sidenote: the map of the grand terminus is just a circle

"Yin and Yang were not isolated , or separated, but wre instead combined each other [sic]." p. 72

"Not using straight lines symbolizes that Yin and Yang are relative, not absolute though they each take one half. . . they restrain and depend on each other." p. 73-74

"As for the black eye and the white eye, representing extreme Yin and extreme Yang, they symbolize that Yin in its extreme gives rise to Yang and Yang in its extreme gives rise to Yin, Yin and Yang can be transformed." p. 74

"The curved area between the combination of Yin and Yang represents the growth and decline of Yin and Yang as gradual rather than sudden." p. 74

the book describes each in more detail, but i'm worried about copyright infringement as it is. personally, i don't agree with all of it, because i believe in the One who is unchanging (no, not gabe yulaw). but it does seem to explain a lot of the created order. my jury is still out on the whole matter, but this is the theory behind it anyway. the author of this book won "the World Golden Prize of Taiji and Science (Medicine) 1993." according to a plate at the front of the book "All those who explore society and nature by Taiji principles and have uniquie opinions can be awarded the prize."

Wang Si Zhong
(sorry about the length of the post, it was hard enough to edit it down to this...)

Silumkid
01-15-2002, 10:07 PM
While I hope and pray for the continued success of my favorite martial arts actors, I do have to add something as far as "You know your big when you have your own cartoon"...remember Gary Coleman and Mr. T? :p

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Prana and Wanhsizhong...thanz both for some explanation.:)

But when Jet speaks of it on his site, he mainly refers to it as the idea of balance and perhaps as you mentioned Wanhsizhong, of constant change.

So why dont you agree with it Wnagsizhing? my thoughts are that not everything is equal or binary. Not everything that appears as 'black' (metaphor) also appear as 'white' but differently. hat mean is not everything has a vice versa, but im sure the whole yin yang things goes alot deeper than simple counter opposites.

I actually didnt realise that its defintion had such depth in meaning, but clearly eceryone follows its basic root concept and then attach personal symbols. Thats what i think anyway. So it goes more philosophy then religion?

Leo: i love Jack's cartoon, dont watch all the time but only when i was up early enough for work, just to hear him speak at the end. But Jet Li is simply tooo special. And everyone knows it, cos this thred is stil going. Touch wood.

We need a Jet Li biography then cartoon...yes, a biography must come first.

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 10:19 PM
sorry, i must be dislexic!!! i kep writing peoples name backwards!! sorry, but i type too fast for my own sight to catch up with.

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Yes, a Jet bio would be awesome!

I would gladly kill all of you to be Jet's ghost writer, but since Jet is such a gentle guy we know I'll never have to do that...so how can we get this going? Somehow, I don't think an e-mail to his website will do it. :cool:

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 10:34 PM
I know........you can all lend me a couple of hundreds and il be more than gald to visit him personally and request it. Thats a good idea (im nodding my head vigourously)

Il type an email request, but i dont think that would do it. I know!!!!! what if we type about a hundred of the same question, he is bound to reply!!!!!!!!! im gonna do it!

He really does need a biography now......anyone have his number?? I could call and ask. lol

Now that the idea is in my head tats it, im gonna HAVE to do something about it.

Get back with you soon.

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 10:35 PM
i meant more than GLAD:D

wangsizhong
01-15-2002, 11:20 PM
tae li:

i guess this is mostly aimed at you cause you asked the question (and because its YOUR thread...tabi boots fading into the distance)

i think it would be safe to say that the yin yang (and probably taoism as a whole) is a world view as opposed to a philosophy or religion. its a way that people construct their view of reality/existence. the yin yang world view which has its roots in the book of changes (i jing or i ching). as the name implies, it suggests that everything is the result of constant change. since taoism is heavily influenced by the yin yang concept, it also fits into the argument. the first lines of the tao te ching are:

"The Tao that can be told i not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
The named is the mother of ten thouasand things."

in the seventh "chapter" it says:

"Why do heaven and earth last forever?
They are unborn,
So ever living."

this is antithetical to Christian belief which claims that the eternal name is that of Jesus and that heaven and earth were created by God and are not unborn. the i ching (yin yang theory) does not allow for the unchangeable attribute of God.

no flames gang, i was asked why i disagree with yin yang, so i answered it.

there is some wisdom to be found in these works, but i think they fall short in that they look at the universe from a purely observational stance (use the senses to observe creation and make deductions about existence). as such, these theories rival any philosophical/scientific system. but they dont take into account divine revelation, which is pretty much what i live by.

Wang Si Zhong

jon
01-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Very interesting stuff, you have either read well or been taught well, either way.
Im a big believer in the Tao as i dont really believe in one particular god. Hence i differ to you in that i dont really see any divine creator so much as pure advancement though progress. Due to this Tao fits my beliefs quite nicely.
Its not that i dont believe in god its that i dont believe in him the same way as many others. I see god as energy not a person, hence my god is simply the energy that makes the Tao[world, whatever] keep spinning.

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 11:56 PM
A very legitimate point in my opinion now that is is slightly better explained with reference, i say its legitiate in my opinion solely because I believe in God, One God, in Heaven and in Hell.

But enough about religion, religion goes far too deep to be discussed in depth on a simple Li Lian Jie thread. (thanx for the insight)

So back to jet Li (whom i now dealy missed cos I havent mebtioned his name in a good few posts!!)

I found Fist Of Legends to rent and watch again!! Can wait!!! it should be available this Sunday arvo.........hmmmmmmmmm...what to do until then. lol

Tae Li
;)

So what does everyone think? should I write and write and write to Jet Li repeatedly asking the same question???? I hope i get that job in China, it would be sooooooo much easier...........

Tae Li
01-15-2002, 11:58 PM
What i meant was I CANT WAIT......:D

apoweyn
01-16-2002, 08:24 AM
silumkid,

nope. not that one. the insider cover has a pic of jet li striking a pose with the broadsword (sabre). it's sort of a cat stance-type thing. i'd seen the picture before, but that was when i didn't know who jet li was. this time, i recognized him in an instant. the program has his little 'yearbook' picture too. has a picture of all the performers.

hope you shake that cold, my friend. i'm trying myself, and it ain't fun.

tae li,

a new best friend, eh? yeah, alright. [smile]

best part was that the 90-year-old woman who owned the store had no idea who jet li was (even though i made the mistake of telling her BEFORE paying for the book). got it for a dollar. she said she'd nearly thrown that program out every time she'd done inventory for the past decade, but never did.

how's that for luck?

stuart b.

apoweyn
01-16-2002, 08:26 AM
p.s. without question, fist of legend is my favorite jet li film. i prefer that one to the original chinese connection. heresy, i know.

other highlights: hitman, OUATIC2, last hero in china(?), tai chi master

wangsizhong
01-16-2002, 10:13 AM
apoweyn:

your post reminded me of something. you mentioned "hitman" as one of your highlights. when i was teaching in china, i went to a school that has a yearly "english competition" for the junior high and high school students. the teacher has to come up with something that shows what the students have learned over the last term. well, i had been showing the class "hitman" ("king of killers" in china) as a reward for working well and we discussed it and the English names for things like mafia, hitman, gun, etc. anyway, i decided to turn it into a stage play for the english competition and everyone memorize lines and choreograph fight scenes. they weren't as into it as i was, but they got first place anyway! ah the memories...

Wang Si Zhong

apoweyn
01-16-2002, 10:26 AM
wang si zhong,

that's one of the greatest classroom ideas i've ever heard. wish i were in that class. sure, sure. i'm fluent in english. but no matter.

stuart b.

wangsizhong
01-16-2002, 04:40 PM
check out this article in Time Asia (i got there through jet's site)
its got some stuff to look forward to

http://www.time.com/time/asia/features/hero/

particularly interesting is the use of three different colors for different perspectives and the moderation in dialogue. i have been wondering what would make a performance art (film, circus, stage, etc.) able to cross cultural boundaries, and limiting dialoge was one of the things i thought of. it'll be neat to see how it works out.

-Wang Si Zhong

Tae Li
01-17-2002, 03:46 AM
Apoweym::::::::::::::: you got it for ONE DOLLAR???? not THAT is good luck. wow, and its a pic of him as a kid huh???

Likewise FOD tops the lot as I have said before......and Wangsizhong actually thought I hadnt seen it!! what a disgrace!!:p

Hit matman rocks as well, i love him at the beg. when he asks for his 5bucks in the supermarket, and when he falls in the iceskating ring and when he plays with those kids......apart from all the fight scenes and every single scene that has Jet in it, the movie does rock!

I got a reply from his fanmail staff today about something a sent a while ago and yes he is still currently in China filming away with 'Hero'..........cannot wait to SEE that!!!!!!

hope everyone is cool and ok............plus found a video store where i can get FOL again!! i already said that before didnt I??

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-17-2002, 03:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tae Li
[B]Apoweym::::::::::::::: you got it for ONE DOLLAR???? not THAT is good luck. wow, and its a pic of him as a kid huh???

correction: its 'now' that is good luck, not what i write above.

i hate errors!

Tae Li
01-17-2002, 04:18 AM
By the way.....Im not on this thread to break any records or anything like that, I am merely here to talk about et i and associated stuff.:D

But.....it would be great to know that it was a Li Lian Jie thread that DID break the record of most posts.........:cool:

BUT thats not why we'er here. capiche'??????????

good.

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-17-2002, 04:30 AM
hmmmmmm, now if I hop on the ext plabe to China, sleep, eat, sleep some more, hire a cab, get something, bribe someone, get to the set of Hero, find Jet Li...then what?

hmmmmm, throw myself at him? no, too desperate.

scream out his name so everyone looks including him? no, to phychotic.

Become his wifes new bestfriend and then get introduced? no, tooo stalky.

hmmmmmm, oh I know! I got it! Il find out where his little cabin is for the day that he retires to when he is not on the set, get in, lock the door the prepare myself for an event Iwill never ever forgot, or him for that matter. Il make tea and we can sit down and discuss philosophy! perfect!

What were you thinking.......:rolleyes: some people jus have dirty minds...

Ok, when you read this your gonna think Ive lost it, but I havent. Im just really really really bored, so this is a very meek attempt to amuse myself. Im going to meditate.

Tae Li
;)

apoweyn
01-17-2002, 07:13 AM
i love the scene in hitman when they're trying to buy him a new suit, and they're going through the different outfits. he does the chow yun fat look from 'a better tomorrow' and the leon look from 'the professional.'

classic.

yep, a buck. but you should have seen me trying to explain to a 90-year-old who jet li is. she asked if he'd been in anything she might have seen. i said, 'lethal weapon 4'? she said no. i said, 'well, he's starring in a loose adaptation of romeo and juliet. real loose.'

it was an odd scene.

stuart b.

Tae Li
01-17-2002, 03:54 PM
Was the lady Chinese??

My thread doesnt look good on page 2, it looks better here on page one..............:D

Start a topic people and keep it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 About JET of course!!!

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-18-2002, 04:54 AM
So, theres a really sily rumour going around on another thread that Jet Li got beaten up by a girl, how pathetic
:rolleyes:

Come on, surely you can do better than that???

Where is everyone anyways???????????/

I knew I was the only genuine loyal Jet Li fan!!!!!

hmmmmmm, now all I got to do, is prove it to him...............:

Tae Li
01-18-2002, 05:16 AM
I thought that since some people cannot be bothered to go to Jets website, Il bring some of it to you. I reading some of his fan mail, cos some people actualy do ask very interesting questions, and I found one to be very relevant to martial arts and mediation. Here is what Jet thinks.....and as usual, its another brillliant answer filled with such intelligence.

"Most people who want to study martial arts begin with the external forms. The main idea is that through external movements the internal circulationis stimulated and phisical conditioning is improved.

The next level of martial arts is internal forms. The basic idea being to use your mind or heart to achieve increased internal circulation without physical movement. The increased inernal energy in turn radiates throughout the body and leads to improved physical healh.

The next level is mental/spiritual training which includes meditationand requires an understandingof martial arts philosophy, including the dualistic natureof reality and the principles of wu tai-ji, tae-ji, yin and yang and so on.

Jet."

It makes so much more sense when it comes out from him dont you think????????

Well, i had the flu and meditation and drinking lots of tea certainly helped.

Tae Li;)

I think that what he says just some it ALL up.

Silumkid
01-20-2002, 01:58 AM
Hey Tae Li,

How's the email campaign going? You remembered to mention that you already have a ghost writer (ME) in mind right? :D

I love Jet's site by the way....but I'm sure that wasn't at me.

And I just hate to see a good thread die. I believe Kiss of the Dragon will be available on my side of the lake in a few days! Can't wait!

Tae Li
01-20-2002, 03:18 AM
Hey SilumKid...............what do you think the chances are of Li Lian actually surfing through this forum and catching a glimps of my thread?????????? pretty slim huh?

I mean, it is an open forum thats open to international martial artists. He has access right???

hmmmmmmm, where is tnwingstun???? he was one of my hopes!!!!!!

renting Fist of Legend 2night..been a while since I saw it. MUST see it again.

And naturally SilumKid, as you are a BIG fan, no I wasnt directing that whole Jet site thing at you:p

Tae Li;)

SevenStar
01-20-2002, 08:12 AM
A friend of mine trained under an tian rong, and at a seminar my friend recently had, a guy that (from what I heard) taught Jet Li chainwhip was there, as well as an tian rong. Why were you wondering?

Silumkid
01-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Tae Li,

Ya know...if I ever found out that Jet was a member of this forum, I think I'd be sufficiently freaked. And judging from some of the lame threads I have posted on, any chance of me being his ghost writer would likely be shot.

So maybe we should engage the subject on his home turf? His website...fanmail section? Operation to begin tomorrow at 1400 hrs PST? :D

I just watched Fist of Legend again a few days ago. Good stuff.

Serpent
01-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Tae Li - you know, you're either really sad or really cute. It depends on whether you over 18 years old or under. Which is it? ;)

Tae Li
01-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Serpent.....lets disregard my age and focus on my looks. If Li Lian took one look at me, he will be too intimidated to approach because he will be sure that im already taken.

Im not sad but I sure am cute! lol:p

Your not jealous r u Serpent? That a girl like me with martial arts skills, imtelligence and a nice smile has her eyes set on a superstar and not some poor ol nobody like yourself?:rolleyes:

SilumKid............I'l be ready.

Tae Li;)

Serpent
01-20-2002, 11:03 PM
How do you know I'm not Jet Li? ;)

Tae Li
01-20-2002, 11:03 PM
come on Serpent! How can a person wo speaks with such confidence be under 18????:D

I guess they could actually................

1400hrs it is SilumKid!

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-20-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
How do you know I'm not Jet Li? ;)

I have never met Jet Li in my life, but tha doesnt mean I havent studies the man!

I have read some of your posts and trust me.....Jet li(even under another username) will NEVER use some of the words that you have used, in terms of language and other things. He is uch too decent, especially as a Buddist.

His not stupid enough.

Now, lets talk more about YOUR true identity...............;)

Tae Li.

Are you sure your not a homeless freak hacking onto someones computer???

I have to get going to training, but i would be more tham delighted to continue this conversation who claims that they are Jet Li, later.;)

Tae Li
01-20-2002, 11:13 PM
excuse the spelling errors, but i am in a wild hurry and i aint no secretary!

Silumkid
01-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Let the campaign begin!

All I gots to say is that jon says Tae Li is a cutie, so that's good enough for me.

Now all I have to do is convince women that when wushu chik says I'm hot, it should be good enough for them. Then my plans for world domination can move into phase three...

wushu chik
01-21-2002, 03:44 PM
Silumkid...YOU ARE HOT....but then again, I am biased!!! But, ladies...take my word for it...he's HOT!!

~Wen~

Silumkid
01-21-2002, 04:10 PM
Oh wushu chik-a-dee,

You sure do know how to get a guy all riled up! :D

Cheers, love.

Serpent
01-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Alright Tae Li - I admit it. I'm not Jet Li.

I'm his lover - so back the fuc k off, ok! ;)

Serpent
01-21-2002, 04:54 PM
And he loves it when I talk dirty!

Tae Li
01-21-2002, 05:12 PM
lol, I dont know who to respond to first!!!!!

Serpent....your his lover huh? now Im CONVINCED you have a warped mind!:p back off? me? back off? do you know who I am?
Someone tells me to back away from Jet Li and Im actualy gonna listen????? well, if I was high I might, but I aint!;)

SilumKid......well well, arent we very fond of ourselves!:D lol, ugly , cute or drop dead gorgeous, if you believe that jet Li is one of the greatest, then Im with you all the way:cool:

World domination??????OMG! youve looked into my secret files!!! Ba5tard!
:p

oh and Serpent, dont talk dirty on my thread....youre scareing away the birds.

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-21-2002, 05:18 PM
YOUR secret files??? Wait a minute...you don't have a file regarding the use of rubber pants and the hypnotic trances induced by country/western singing mice do you? If you do, well then, we may have to compare notes.

Am I fond of myself? Not really. If I thought I was so great, I wouldn't have enough time to espouse the greatness of our true hero, the Jetster!

Although I must admit, I almost used "Narcissiste" as my screen name. :D

Tae Li
01-21-2002, 05:27 PM
OMG! I knew it! you ARE infatuated with yourself!!!!!:p im kidding relax!

ummmm, no my files dont contain any of which you said, but they do have something about taking over the world and having people that look like Jet Li ruling individual nations and weincorporate Chinese medicine and wushu into school life?????

hmmmmmmmm, compare notes and have you steal my brilliant ideas?????/ not a chance!!:p

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-21-2002, 05:42 PM
"I'm a pretty lady....I'm a very pretty lady!" Sorry, I was chanting my super powered affirmation mantra. (Hopefully, you get "Home Movies" in Oz, or else I'm gonna look even weirder)

Hmmm....so you don't have an equivalent to my mouse plan. Then all I can say is I will see you when I am on top of things, ruling over all with my iron fist! HAAAAAAA hahahahahahahahaaaa!

If you're nice to me, I might let you have a cabinet post that would allow you to have free reign over the doings of those in the proper areas, like where Jet lives, if ya get my drift? Kinda conjures images of Fong Sai Yuk...

Tae Li
01-22-2002, 03:40 AM

If you're nice to me, I might let you have a cabinet post that would allow you to have free reign over the doings of those in the proper areas, like where Jet lives, if ya get my drift? Kinda conjures images of Fong Sai Yuk... [/B]

If Im nice to YOU????????? darls, we have to establish who is in control here, what makes you think that I wont take over and maybe, MAYBE, assign you to be a guard in my newly ruled world. you can be one of Jet's guards and you know stand outside his place with those daggy uniforms and not move or speak unless the earth moves.........yeah, thats where id put you.:p

Of course il be in his house also, so you will be guarding us both............;)

jon
01-22-2002, 04:00 AM
This thread scares me more and more everytime i read it:eek:
You are all now organising your Jet Li structured political world, in text, for some STRANGE reason.
I find it facinating but very freaky, i cant help but wonder what the world holds in store.

Now... Lets have a pointless flame debate for no good reason...
Jet Li is definately ghey...
Points in favor of this argument....
1 He never sleeps with girls in his movies.
2 He likes to dress in silky clothing.
3 He has a habbit of posing for no reason.
4 That whole floppy wrist syndrome.
5 Dispite having gorgeous women in his films he looks at them all like there common gutter filth.
6 He has the whole soft and bouncy hair syndrome.
7 He kinda looks like a girl :p
8 His charactors always leave there women for NO reason.
9 His charactors often are widows:rolleyes: Proberly the old wink wink nudge nudge SMACK SMACK!
The last most major reason why Jet Li could be ghey...
10 He may be married but then again... so is TOM CRUISE!!!

Suiting up:
Ok now bring it on all you Jet Li loving hippys, im waiting with baited breath!!!

Tae Li
01-22-2002, 03:49 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

How dare you suggest that Mr Li is ghey?????????????????hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo. youve asked for it now mr!! come on people I neeed back up!!!!!!!

What a disgusting post to read this early in the morning, but I NEED to get comfortable to answer this, and I aint comfortable!! But trust me, "I;L BE BACK!":eek:

Tae Li;)

Tae Li
01-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by jon
This thread scares me more and more everytime i read it:eek:
You are all now organising your Jet Li structured political world, in text, for some STRANGE reason.
I find it facinating but very freaky, i cant help but wonder what the world holds in store.

Now... Lets have a pointless flame debate for no good reason...
Jet Li is definately ghey...
Points in favor of this argument....
1 He never sleeps with girls in his movies.
That cos he isnt a sex freak like most pathetic hollywood heros....

2 He likes to dress in silky clothing.
THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! its not like your his fashion designer for YOU to know, unless you know what silk is personal exp......

3 He has a habbit of posing for no reason.
He posed in ONE movie!!! which was Hitman...ok, theor might be others, but he is trying to be funny!!!
4 That whole floppy wrist syndrome.
Floppy wrist syndrome? I aint even gonna bother with this one!!

5 Dispite having gorgeous women in his films he looks at them all like there common gutter filth.
Oh yeah??? well did YOU see the way he looked at his wife in The One??? with those droopy lovey eyes????? *gush* and he even told her she is the center of him and she makes him whole, hey its not like your hitting it off in the relationship industry....lol, joking!

6 He has the whole soft and bouncy hair syndrome.
Done even get me started on his hair!! cos its simply perfect!!

7 He kinda looks like a girl :p
your jealous!!!!! and that body of his.......another*gush*, next time you watch him Jon, put your glasses on, I know that you dont wear glasses but I think its time..........

8 His charactors always leave there women for NO reason.
ok, this is the only good point you have made but it doesnt mean anything!

9 His charactors often are widows:rolleyes: Proberly the old wink wink nudge nudge SMACK SMACK!
widoes? hardly. they are usually plain and simple single.

The last most major reason why Jet Li could be ghey...
10 He may be married but then again... so is TOM CRUISE!!!
Your comparing my darling Jet with Tom Cruise????? Jon are you high???? ok, maybe your not, but still, Tom Cruise? Tom Cruise is a big wank, pardon the language, who does NOT compare with Jet Li.....in ANY way!!

Suiting up:
Ok now bring it on all you Jet Li loving hippys, im waiting with baited breath!!! :p

ok, WHO'S NEXT??????????????????

Tae Li;)

Silumkid
01-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Well, since I am partially to blame for scaring Jon, I guess I better answer these poor accusations too. :D

#1.) The reason why most Chinese movies don't really feature sex is because their culture kinda looks down on it. And even in the ones that do, you will rarely if ever see pubic hair...also a no-no. In fact, Amy Yip (to my knowledge) has done a few Category 3 movies and has never even shown her nipples. So argument invalid due to cultural differences.

#2.) Uh....OK. I know a lot of people who wear silk. Does that make women lesbians to wear silk blouses? Argument invalid due to ridiculously broad generalization which is inapplicabale.

#3.) Posing for no reason? I guess no other martial arts actor has been guilty of this (Van Damme, Ken Lo, Donnie Yen, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris....) Argument invalid due to inherent silliness.

#4.) Floppy wrist syndrome? Argument does not process until more information in the form of example is given.

#5.) Absolutely wrong on this one. Bodyguard from Beijing - You can see that Jet is clearly fighting lust in the name of duty. To get involved personally would compromise his judgement and if he truly loved her, he would not allow lust to kill her. Fong Sai-Yuk - he enters a martial arts competition to get a girl just because his friends said she was beautiful. Once Upon a Time in China series - Jet is clearly in love with Aunt Yee and exhibits fierce jealously many times. Argument invalid due to inaccuracies.

#6.) Actors get jobs based on appearance. Besides, it's hard to have bouncy hair when the role requires your head to be shaven (Shaolin Temple, Fong Sai-Yuk, Tai Chi Master, OUTIC). Argument invalid due to mitigating circumstances.

#7.) Looks like a girl? Matter of opinion. Since opinions are neither right nor wrong but a matter of personal bias, this one gets a big WHATEVER! You see what you wanna see, which makes me worry about you.

#8.) His characters do not leave for no reason. In OUTIC series, Wong Fei-Hung does not leave Aunt Yee. They may spend time apart, but it is not a romatic seperation. Fong Sai-Yuk series, Jet brings his girl with him to the Red Flower Society. He left Christy Cheung in Bodyguard from Beijing because duty was more important to him...again a cultural message. Shaolin Temple - Jet had decided to become a monk because the Temple saved his life. He owed them. At the time the movie was set, monks could not marry. Argument invalid due to inaccuracies and cultural differences.

#9.) Can you name a movie where he is a widow? New Legend of Shaolin is invalid because the wife was murdered by the villians...this is character sympathy and raison d'etre. My Father is a Hero is invalid because again, the wife's passing was a plot point and used to excellent effect. High Risk...once again, plot point and Jet's reason for vengenace against the "Doctor". Argument (so far) invalid due to over-generalization and ignoring of use of plot advancement.

#10.) Sorry, invalid....Tom Cruise is officially divorced and dating Penelope Cruz. Jet's been married twice and has a child, something Tom Cruise cannot claim except in the case of adoption. So yeah, Tom Cruise may be gay because he couldn't or wouldn't father a kid with Nicole Kidman (idiot!) but that's like saying "Well, Liberace was gay and played piano so everyone who plays piano is gay." Straw man argument invalid.

Man, Jon...you made me work for that one! Good job! Seriously!

Tae Li, I guess I can live with being Jet's guard, but I want to be Master of the Guards! I will not bend on this! :p

jon
01-22-2002, 11:01 PM
OK people im back and im more insulting than ever muahhahaa.
[yeah its not really my personal opinion but sue me for trying to make our thread a little more interesting]
Tae Li - He never sleeps with girls in his movies.
That cos he isnt a sex freak like most pathetic hollywood heros....
* No its becouse he refuses to make any physical contact with them.
Silumkid - The reason why most Chinese movies don't really feature sex is because their culture kinda looks down on it.
* Ever seen Naked Killers;) He could put a little more effort into his so called 'love' scenes you have to admit.
Amy Yip has done a few Category 3 movies
* errr i dont believe you, name them.. [scratching around for pen]

Tae Li - its not like your his fashion designer for YOU to know
* your dead right, my money says he is actualy doing his male fashion designer and they come up with his silky wardrobe over classes of champane in the hot tub.
Silum - Does that make women lesbians to wear silk blouses?
* No but it certainly makes them more attractive.

Tae Li - He posed in ONE movie!!! which was Hitman...
* He IS a poser, the man acts like he is always trying for his best angle. Its not confined to one film its just him...
Silum - I guess no other martial arts actor has been guilty of this
* Yeah but none of em do it with quite the same level of ability as our friend Jet, its like he was borne to pose.

OK quick explanation, didnt you ever had that sissy guy at school who used to always flop his wrists about and never look like he could hold more than a peice of paper?
Tae Li - I aint even gonna bother with this one!!
* Your defeat tastes bitter sweet.
Silum - Argument does not process until more information in the form of example is given
* YOUR MUM!!! there how evil and nasty was that!

Tae Li - well did YOU see the way he looked at his wife in The One???
* No most of the time he would have been by himself staring at a mop that represents his wife. He's just an actor.
Tae Li - he even told her she is the center of him and she makes him whole, hey its not like your hitting it off in the relationship industry
* He was only lying to get sex... I know becouse thats WHY im doing so well in my relationships.
Silum - Argument invalid due to inaccuracies.
*In FSY 2 he marrys two women who then fight over who is to be senior. In LHIC he clearly couldnt care less that his 'love' Aunt Yee is not comming to meet him and is going overseas AGAIN. In ST he decides to forgo a GORGEOUS young girl who his dead sifu has asked him to marry of in order to become a monk. In KFCM he nearly leaves the girl who resuced him and went with him the whole time for some Jinx girl who looks like his MUM!!!

Tae Li - Done even get me started on his hair!! cos its simply perfect!!
* Its a wig...
Silum - it's hard to have bouncy hair when the role requires your head to be shaven
*Half those movies he has his hair back at the end anyway and the ones with the half moon his back half is soft and bouncy so ner ner:p

Tae Li - your jealous!!!!!
* Yes... but thats not the point now is it:rolleyes:
Silum - Looks like a girl? Matter of opinion.
* yes and mine is totaly correct muahahhaha

Tae Li - ok, this is the only good point you have made but it doesnt mean anything!
* It means he puts many other things before his girlfriends - bad sign
Silum - In OUTIC series, Wong Fei-Hung does not leave Aunt Yee.
* No but he never just admits he likes her either he proberly spends a lot more time with Leung Fu come to think of it:p [gawd i cant believe im saying that WFH is an ancester in my style]
ST he go's against his dead masters wishes, which is more moral?

Tae Li - widoes? hardly. they are usually plain and simple single.
* There is a good reason for that:p
Silum - My Father is a Hero is invalid because again, the wife's passing was a plot point and used to excellent effect.
* Becouse its part of the story its invalid? As i say i recon he likes to off his leading ladys. Helps get him more pay and keep the boys around.

Tae Li - Your comparing my darling Jet with Tom Cruise?????
* Yes, there both big ghey movie star nancy boys:p :rolleyes: :p
Silum - Jet's been married twice and has a child,
* His first wife proberly met his boyfriend, the second wife may be a transexual and his kid is likely addopted.

I cant believe i just went to that much trouble....
That seriously took about 30 minutes out of my life, you better darn well appreciate it:cool:
Now im going to go prey to the gods that im not smited for insulting my linage and heros:eek:

Silumkid
01-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah, I have Naked Killers...but that's a Wong Jing movie. Wong Jing has always been considered...um, how do I put this? Either too terrible for words or just plain weird. I have a book of Asain movie reviews where a guy opens his comments on one of hismovies with..."Mark your calendars. I liked a Wong Jing movie." Or something to that effect.

Amy Yip's category three movies I know of: Erotic Ghost Story, Robotrix, and one (may be called Blue Jean Monster) where she plays a hooker who gets her breasts squeezed by this superpowered freak and she deflates as all her milk sprays like a hose! I'm telling you, the Chinese fringe element is WAY out there!

Hey, wushu people pose. I chalk it up to artistic license.

OH YEAH! No, YOUR MUM! grrrr....evil, glare, sneer...

FSY 2 - marriages neve actually happened to my recollection. He didn't ever marry his g/f, he was just commited to her. The other one was a matter of duty and I think the actual ceremony wasn't supposed to take place until the next day. I may be wrong on that.

LHIC - Another Wong Jing stinker that Jet (from rumors I have heard) made specifically to make fun of the whole Wong Fei-Hung/Tsui Hark thing (as you may know, he and Tsui Hark had some heavy disagreements which led to the recasting of Zhao Wen-Zhao as Wong Fei-Hung in OUTIC 4 and 5).

ST - I don't remember Jet's sifu asking him to marry her...I think he asked him to "take care of her"...yeah, semantics I know.

KFCM - "nearly leaves" is the right word...he didn't! BUT, if my mum looked like Cheung Man and I met someone who looked like her, you best believe I'd be up in that. Cheung Man is HOT! I just wish the second part had been made.

Hair again - can't be too soft...he tried to use it to whip a dude in OUTIC 1! Of course, it did grow about three extra feet when he did the flip kick, but we fans never notice the inconsistencies! Recognize!

Aunt Yee - He does admit that he likes her, in OUTIC 3 he speaks with his father about marrying her. Also, he punishes Leung Fu for being alone with her in 2 and physically removes him from the room when she is changing.

My Father is Hero - I don't think Jet wrote that one. I'll check.

Second wife is no trans-sexual...if I remember correctly his wife is none other than Asian actress Nina Li Chi! Another hottie!

Hope your gods go easy on you! Tell them we are just playing! If they have a problem, send them my way.

Tae Li
01-23-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by jon
OK people im back and im more insulting than ever muahhahaa.
[yeah its not really my personal opinion but sue me for trying to make our thread a little more interesting]

* No its becouse he refuses to make any physical contact with them.

Jon- dohhhhh, and the reason for that is also cos he's Buddist!! I mean come on, the man is strying to promote his religion through his movies, I dont think he will be very convincing if hapf the plot is about sexual encounters.

* your dead right, my money says he is actualy doing his male fashion designer and they come up with his silky wardrobe over classes of champane in the hot tub.
Jon- actually thats quite funny.....is it the best you can do???

* He IS a poser, the man acts like he is always trying for his best angle. Its not confined to one film its just him...
* Yeah but none of em do it with quite the same level of ability as our friend Jet, its like he was borne to pose.
Jon- well then Its a God given gift, God know that jet was going to be rich and famous so therefore presented him with the quality of posing. Have you even seen some of those pic's? Im telin ya, he knows how to get a girl riled up, something YOU couldnt accomplish even if your life depended on it......

OK quick explanation, didnt you ever had that sissy guy at school who used to always flop his wrists about and never look like he could hold more than a peice of paper?
Tae Li - I aint even gonna bother with this one!!
* Your defeat tastes bitter sweet.
Jon- is said I was wasnt gonna bother cos its a pretty stupid argument you have to admit....and dont even THINK about attacking SilumKid's mother....oh mate, otherwise your gonna force me to challange you to a sparring match.........
* YOUR MUM!!! there how evil and nasty was that!

* He was only lying to get sex... I know becouse thats WHY im doing so well in my relationships.

Jon- so if he was lying to get sex, does that mean he's not ghey anymore???? bllaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

*In FSY 2 he marrys two women who then fight over who is to be senior. In LHIC he clearly couldnt care less that his 'love' Aunt Yee is not comming to meet him and is going overseas AGAIN. In ST he decides to forgo a GORGEOUS young girl who his dead sifu has asked him to marry of in order to become a monk. In KFCM he nearly leaves the girl who resuced him and went with him the whole time for some Jinx girl who looks like his MUM!!!

Jon- there al just part of the plot....doesnt mean nothin.....

* Its a wig...
Jon- ts not a wig, but at least thats sort of admitting its perfect...
Silum - it's hard to have bouncy hair when the role requires your head to be shaven....I agree Silum

Tae Li - your jealous!!!!!
* Yes... but thats not the point now is it.
Jon- ummm, actually it is.

Silum - Jet's been married twice and has a child.....Point taken Silum!

I cant believe i just went to that much trouble....
That seriously took about 30 minutes out of my life, you better darn well appreciate it:cool:

OMG...we took 30min out of yourlife???? Gee Jon im gonna lose alot of sleep tonight............
:

now now, Im sure youll be fine..................:rolleyes:

Tae Li
01-23-2002, 12:14 AM
ok, Ive just confused the SH!T OUT OF MYSELF!!!!!!!:eek:

now i have a headache, but that wont stop me from comin back..............I say again.................WHO'S NEXT???????

P.S thanx Silum.........job well done!;)

Tae Li;)

Ryu
01-23-2002, 12:32 AM
What in the living hell are you people talking about????

:confused:

242 posts??? Geez.......

Tae,
:D I beat up Jet Li. Teehee

Ryu

jon
01-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Jon- dohhhhh, and the reason for that is also cos he's Buddist!! I mean come on, the man is strying to promote his religion through his movies, I dont think he will be very convincing if hapf the plot is about sexual encounters.
* For someone promoting buddishim he should proberly NOT be doing kung fu movies.

Jon- actually thats quite funny.....is it the best you can do???
* No i keep my best for when its really required;)

Im telin ya, he knows how to get a girl riled up, something YOU couldnt accomplish even if your life depended on it......
* You should have seen the effect i had the other night:p Seriously that actualy hurt my feelings, your mean:(

Jon- is said I was wasnt gonna bother cos its a pretty stupid argument you have to admit....
* No i dont, you conceded defeat:p

Jon- so if he was lying to get sex, does that mean he's not ghey anymore????
* Im sure he lies to get sex from men to:D

Jon- there al just part of the plot....doesnt mean nothin.....
* Well there all i got to go on OK!!! [this aint easy you know]

Jon- ts not a wig, but at least thats sort of admitting its perfect...
* No its not, its not his HAIR thats perfect its the wig:p

Jon- ummm, actually it is.
* But, but, but... Thats all i got:(

OMG...we took 30min out of yourlife???? Gee Jon im gonna lose alot of sleep tonight............
* Sniff fine then dont appreciate my effort:confused:

jon
01-23-2002, 12:36 AM
"What in the living hell are you people talking about???? "
*I honestly have no idea:confused:

Ryu
01-23-2002, 12:39 AM
Count me out of this one. I don't like Jet, and I don't like the movies I've seen him in either.

Ryu

Tae Li
01-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Ryu..........errrrrr.....you ARE evil!!!!:p you are if you dont like jet!!!! lol kidding. its not that bad, but we reached this many posts because Jet Li is infact a SIGNIFICANT HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

dont like it?? well tough!! But come again!:D i wanna keep it going;)

Tae LI;)

Tae Li
01-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Jon.................Jon..............are you there?
Jon, Im sorry if I hurt your feelings:( you actually did a great job of spicing up this thread, I was jus havin some fun....same as you.

I swear!!!!:) dont go...............its boring without smart arses like you, at least you made an effort:) and guess what I DIDNT sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see, I DO CARE!!!!!!!!!!1:)

Do you forgive me??????????????????please? sweet pretty please??????? give me a break man, i NEVER grovel! so just come back and be the smart arse that you are ok???? good, c ya then!lol

Tae Li;)

p.s and if anyone else wants to start me its my pleasure!!!!!
I guess this is more interesting, I mean not EVERYONE can love Jet. right?

jon
01-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Dont worry im still around, just as soon as i finish picking up the peices of my shattered confidence ill be right back into the swing of things;)
You gotta come to this new class im doing...

I spent this mourning practising footwork whilst watching the rain fall onto a pond full of fish. Was one of the best training sessions ive ever had. Its just like a fairy tale or some scence out of kung fu movie its too good to be true.
Plus the training is moving along quickly im doing fighting applications already and starting to learn the hidden kicks the Bagua footwork.

prana
01-23-2002, 07:00 PM
where is the school Jon ?