PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me fix this IE "bug"

IronFist
11-11-2001, 11:56 PM
This is bugging the shìt out of me. When I surf the net, I usually have between 2 and 5 browsers open at a time, for multiple site viewing. When one site is loading, I'm looking at another one, etc.

Here's the problem, when one site is loading and I'm busy looking at another site, whenever something new gets loaded onto a non-active browser, it then becomes the active window. This annoys me to no end. I'm sitting here ready to f-ing smash something because ebay auctions keep refreshing when I'm trying to read this site. It's annoying to have to keep clicking on this window so I can read it.

So, somewhere is there an option that says like "Don't make browser active upon refresh" or something.

For the record, "refresh" here means when new info comes up, not when you actually click the "refresh" button. Like when you loaded this page to read this message, as stuff was appearing, that would be "refreshing." In other words, if this page was loading while you were looking at another page, and as the text appeared here this WINDOW suddenly overrode your other one and become the current "active" window. That's my problem.

How do I stop this from happening.

The same friggen thing happens on AOL, too. I'll be typing an IM to someone, and I get another IM, and the second half of what I type to the first peronds ends up on the second person's IM box.

But I don't care about AOL, just tell me how to fix the IE thing. I have IE 6.0.

Thanks,
Iron

Sihing73
11-12-2001, 02:54 AM
Hi Ironfist,

Not promising anything but what versions of IE are you running. If it is in the post I missed it :( must be getting old.

Peace,

Dave
PS you may want to e-mail me as I do not check this board regularily.
sihing73@juno.com
dmcknight@rcn.com