PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi training stages

wind
01-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Tai chi training has different stages or levels, each stage has different training method,condintion and weight training should be on the second stage "jing" training. in this stage you should more focus on single "fajing" practice use the single movement from the slow form or the fast form, shaking the spear, ball and using different havey weapons and striking tree with "kao" and "fa", also in this stage you get some chigong training to make your internal stronger to be able to take blows. pushhands and sansou training will be more harder.All tradtional tai chi styles have this stage training also each style has little difference. I think this part training is important for zz zzztaichi to fight. Then next stage is "song gong" then final stage is 'Chi Gong'. So the chi training is the last stage. Nowdays most
taichi people just get into the first stage -doing forms and some push hands, or directly into the third and fourth stage, if you already have strong kungfu from other style you may skip the second stage get into "song" and "chi". if you are pure taichi without such kind training it' hard to win in a fight. that's why some guys practice taichi for long time stll can't fight or beaten by externer styles or shuaijiao. Using Chi to fight- none of great TaiChi master talked about it. Chen zhao kui , son of famous Chen Fa Ke . never belive chi can fight. He once taught students in Shanghai and one of his student was famous expert on "kong Jing" which means empty force and always talking about Chi and hitting people without touch them. So Chen said to him oneday " I will use "kao" on you see if you can use your empty force to countback" So he stiked the guy with "kao" the guy just fall down to the ground several meters away from Chen.

Repulsive Monkey
01-02-2002, 01:53 PM
some interesting gaps in your understanding wind and some odd ideas which completely go against Taiji classics, however I suppose when it comes to martial arts its a case of horses for courses.