PDA

View Full Version : How to use nunchaku in Bruce Lee's way?

kher
01-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Anybody knows which Bruce Lee's film that shows how bruce lee uses his nunchaku?I do not mean how he use that to attack.I want to see how he swings his nunchaku in front of his enemies before he attacks them with it.Or anybody know where i can get more information about swinging the nunchaku like him.

Shaolindynasty
01-01-2002, 10:20 AM
I learned how to by watching his fight with dan inasanto in game of death. It had alot of parts with them "showing off" in it, I just put it in slow motion. I know I'm a nerd but it is a useful skill, it really gives me a boost to hear people go "how the he!l do you do that?"

Oh yeah if you watch it in slow mo you can see Bruce mess up.....alot!

RAYNYSC
01-01-2002, 06:13 PM
The Game of Death,Enter The Dragon,Return of the Dragon & The Chinese Connection all show him using the nunchaku....

I would have to go with Game of Death as my favorite.:D

Peace :D

Felipe Bido
01-01-2002, 07:02 PM
I was pretty fast with the nunchakus (maybe I am now, but it's been long since I practiced) and the three section staff. The way Bruce moved the nunchakus are mainly to show off, and they can be good to improve your forearm strength. But in the actual use of the nunchakus are very different. Be careful when you hit a hard object with them. They tend to bounce back and hit you. get ready to receive a few blows....:)

yenhoi
01-01-2002, 08:05 PM
I havent found anything by Bruce Lee on nunchaku except his movies (already mentioned).

There are several books out there on nunchaku techniques, although none that are 'good' in my opinion. The Police (USA) have a system called OPN (Orcutt Police Nunchaku) that is in use in several cities. There is also a school of "Martial Art" based on the "scientific use of the nunchaku" that deals primarily with swinging the nunchaku in complicated and 'beautiful' ways - but no hitting, etc.

Good Luck. ;)