PDA

View Full Version : SPM school in NYC

Leonidas
01-01-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm taking your advice Buby.................I know this question was posed before but no one really gave an answer. I dont know who Milton or Norman Chin are and the only SPM teacher i know of is Christopher Lee, but i dont know his credentials. Can someone finally give a clear answer and an adress or phone number would be nice :D

Buby
01-02-2002, 07:33 AM
How's everything bro?

You might wanna grab Bak Mei's attention. If I'm not mistaken, he's trained in Southern Mantis here in NYC. Maybe he can lead you in the right direction.

Best of luck in your search.

Buby

JF Springer
01-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Try this for Sifu Norman Chin:
JL SPM
Chinatown, NYC
(516) 735-3434

sleeper
01-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Norman is at the Chinatown YMCA.
100 Hester Street
Liondance Class every Saturday AM.

Caveat Emptor

Leonidas
01-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Ok thanx for the answers.............

Bak Mei
01-02-2002, 02:13 PM
(516) is a LOng Island area code, I know because that's my area code for Long Beach.

I can find out where and when would be a good time to meet up with Mr. Chin if you like, but I can tell ya right off the bat nothing scores points like lion dancing -- fresh legs are always apreciated.

We lion danced with them last year for New Years.

JF Springer
01-02-2002, 02:57 PM
The "Buyer Beware" applies to Sleeper who also hides behind the handle likuei and is a Troll. Total idiot trying to "sell" the crap he calls SPM. The guy is so "skilled" that he doesn't even post under his real name as everyone in the real, authentic, traditional Jook Lum Southern Praying Mantis Pai knows him for the completely no skill jerk off that he is.

Ask yourself a simple question: Would you "buy" anything, including free, unsolicited advice, from someone with no name, no recognized lineage and no skill? Now check this punk's profile.

Go see Norman if you so choose as at least he has the guts to go by his real name and in the open.

Up your a$$ Sleeper - likuei. Don’t bother your pathetic self with a flaming retort, just come see me, loser.

Leonidas
01-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Hahaha. Thats funny. Anyways is that another vote for Norman Chin or do you have someone else to reccomend. I heard he doesn't touch hands with students. Is that a problem???

Leonidas
01-02-2002, 03:44 PM
What about Lee Jung-Yi or Christopher Lee. Heres his website:
http://www.nyshaolin.com/ Maybe you know him.

JF Springer
01-02-2002, 04:55 PM
That's something you have to decide for yourself. Up to a certain level SPM is very dependent upon touching hands to transmit skill.

There are those who have chosen to pursue a path that actually precludes them from repeatedly touching hands with a lesser skilled person.

A good group of senior students negates any need for the Sifu to personally engage students save for the seniors if he so desires.

You can't "get" this thing known as JL SPM save for "doing" it and where you start off is not so important as where you end up. Good luck to you.

redfist
01-02-2002, 05:18 PM
you can check norman chin out at carbon echo.com

he shows a som bo gin and 18 point form among other stuff.

there are lots of other things to check out on this site as well.

happy hunting!

fiercest tiger
01-02-2002, 07:01 PM
whats his site addy mate?

redfist
01-02-2002, 08:43 PM
the website norman chin is on is titled carbon echo martial arts,

it`s not his website,look for kung fu under disciplines and you will find it.there are other catagories to explore.

sampochin
01-06-2002, 05:07 PM
i don't mean to offend you but are you good enough yourself to be questioning the credentials of a prospective master?
different people can have hugely different experiences with the same person. It is how we deal with it.
My sifu can be good for me and bad for you, but it does not equate for you to say my sifu is not good. he just was not good for you...
wht is good for you is for yourself to realise.
also you must know whether southern mantis is the style for you. It requires alot of dedication and also it takes many months to even undersatnd the true essence of the mantis.
so big guy take your time, especially being a new yorker. you guys in America are very fortunate to have such masters living there.
i would advise just take your time in selection and in the meantime just do some general training of your muscles and ligaments, especially in the elbows to strike out.
Take care

LEGEND
01-06-2002, 05:46 PM
U still haven't found a skool yet???!!!

Leonidas
01-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Yea i know, it embarassing but everything appeals to me. I swore to make a decision by the middle of February though. its do or die. Like i said before, its a blessing and a curse choosing a school in NYC. Whatever the outcome though i'm sure i can learn how to defend myself with it. Wish me luck