PDA

View Full Version : New training partner?

Ryu
11-12-2001, 01:12 AM
I have a friend that I just found out did a year of BJJ/shootfighting in Scotland! This friend
is kinda small but enjoyed it quite a bit, and had a big heart for competition and watches things like the UFC, etc. regularly.
This friend and I get along and I am hoping
that we can get together to train a little and have some fun. :)

Now for the kicker!!!
:D My friend is a girl! I always knew she had a tough and firey mouth, but I found out she has some physical skills to back it up LOL.
I do want to train with her. So hopefully she'll show me some stuff soon. :D

(and no, I'm not going to date her. :) She's not really my type LOL, but as a friend and training buddy she's cool.)

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

qeySuS
11-12-2001, 01:24 AM
Do girls wear chest protectors when sparring or is it just a sports bra? I'd feel weird not knowing what i was grabbing :) I'd like a thick plastic shell around them things :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

joedoe
11-12-2001, 01:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd like a thick plastic shell around them things [/quote]

Depends on the situation wouldn't it ;) :D

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Fish of Fury
11-12-2001, 01:54 AM
"hopefully she'll show me some stuff soon"

hehe hehe

sorry.
(you know you bring this on yourself Ryu :D )

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Ryu
11-12-2001, 01:56 AM
:D
Yeah I know.

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

joedoe
11-12-2001, 02:02 AM
Is training with a girl (if you are male) present a problem as far as where you can place your hands while executing techniques? I know in my kung fu practice it can be awkward when you have to punch/slap/contact in any way the chest and you are training with a female partner. I would imagine it would be even more awkward in grappling.

Also, if you are rolling with a hot looking female partner it must be hard not to get a wood. :D

You're fu(king up my chi

qeySuS
11-12-2001, 02:40 AM
I'd think that if the girls objective is to break your arm or choke you into a coma your thoughts wont be of a sexual nature. I dont know how BJJ girls are, but the Judo girls here in iceland are TOUGH, i doubt the guys there are thinking "wow boobs" they'd end up hurting pretty quickly.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

joedoe
11-12-2001, 02:44 AM
I guess that is a sign that you are good - you can go "wow boobs" and still not get your butt kicked. :D

You're fu(king up my chi