PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Las Vegas peeps

Knifefighter
01-02-2002, 02:58 PM
I don't have much time to post here anymore, but wanted to check in because I am going to be in Las Vegas Feb 8,9, & 10 for a work-related seminar. I seem to remember a few people from the forum living in the Vegas area. If I have any free time, I thought it might be fun to get together and train a bit. Anybody interested?

Bak Mei
01-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Wow, coincidence. I'll be in Vegas for work Jan. 28 to Feb 6th. I'll be wide open that Mon. and Tues. Fri day nigh too, if anyone wants to show me around, ie, the ladies.

Tigerstyle
01-02-2002, 03:08 PM
I'm too lazy to train at the moment, but I'd be happy to meet you clowns. :p

Jaguar Wong
01-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Tigerstyle is always too lazy to train. I think this will be a fun lil' gathering. Now all we need is for Watchman to actually show up like he said he would :p

knifefighter, If you need some info or crap like that, you can email either me or Tigerstyle (if you get one of us, the other will automatically know via a psychotic, er psychic connection). :)

Knifefighter
01-02-2002, 03:20 PM
I'll be training for an upcoming fight, as well as doing the seminar, so I'm not too interested in the night life. I would like to get some training in while I'm there, however.

Bak Mei:
Stick around till the 8th and we'll get together and do some training.

Tigerstyle
01-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Training? Bah! :p

That would be cool, actually. Might get me back to a regular schedule again. KF, Are you going to compete at the Grapplers Quest tournament in February?

Knifefighter
01-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Probably won't compete at the GQ, as I'm supposed to be in Mammoth that weekend.

Jaguar Wong
01-02-2002, 03:33 PM
training=good

If you're training for a fight, though. We probably wouldn't be the best people to "get in shape" with ;). I'm hoping that this will make Tigerstyle get back into his regular training schedule, that way I can actually spar him again. Are you looking for just a regular sparring session, or did you have any specific ideas (groundwork, takedowns, etc...)

It's just that I don't really have the skills to keep up with most MMA guys, so I don't want to drag you down or anything like that. I'm more than willing to learn, but my best aspect is stand up striking. I would love to learn some takedown defenses, and positioning/escapes, though.

Yes, Bak Mei, stay until at least the 8th...if at all possible, that way we can have more KFO personalities representing. I'm not sure where we could train, but I'll see what we can do about securing the kung fu school we used to train at to meet. If not, there are plenty of parks we could meet at.

Bak Mei
01-02-2002, 03:40 PM
****, wish I could, but the ticket is paid for and in my possesion alreday and its through work so I don't have much say in the matter -- they are putting me up to. I'm staying at Treasure Island though. You guys are more then welcome to swing by. I stayed at the Mirage last year.

I had a good time. Mayeb we can get together. ****, knife fighter, you are definitely one of the guys here I'd like to meet. I got a cool spyderco knife for Christmas, the Aztec one, a custome Teruzza or something like that. I like it. I could definitely use more pointers on knife fighting, it is not soemthing I have isolated in my training yet. I'm not great with weapons yet. Learning the pole and two handed sword and the single stick. I use similiar principles with the blade as the singlke stick but smaller and tigher. Lot's of times I'll just mind box with a knife in my hand, sometimes with the blade out, sometimes held down depending on my mood. Don;t know if I'm doing things right or wrong. My sifu does teach knife fighting and throwing, but I've been there for only 10 months and hand to hand is my thing and I'm taking that all in now.

I wouldn't be much help with knives, but hand to hand could have been fun. Maybe some other time. I'm thinking of a Cali. surf trip at some poijt in 2002 as well.

Either way, fun all around for everyone this year.