PDA

View Full Version : Space neigung

Chang Style Novice
01-03-2002, 07:08 AM
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html'

Okay, f'real. Does it not look like those globules of interstellar gas are doing "Rollback, push" from taijiquan?

(Link above should be good until midnight, then use this one http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap020103.html)

JWTAYLOR
01-03-2002, 07:34 AM
Took me a while but now I see it. Pretty cool.

I love the hubble. I did some work that was initially designated for another project but got used in the hubble data library. It's given me some VERY cool photos for keepsakes. And since I used to head up a small statewide agengy that worked with NASA, I have gotten to be in mission control for some of the shuttle launches and landings. The folks at NASA are all very professional, and yet like kids with their jobs all the time. Great people in general. I even got to meet John Glen right after he came back down to Terra Firma this last time.

OH, and I'm hungry.

JWT

Bak Mei
01-03-2002, 07:36 AM
Cool

Chang Style Novice
01-03-2002, 07:39 AM
The astronomy picture of the day site is one of my favorites. Hangin' with John Glenn after a mission is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard in my life. We didn't even get to see the Leonids here, **** this cloudy weather!

Oh yeah - how are the Leonids like taking a bath in prison? It's a meatier shower!

As for the hunger, I prescribe food. But, you may want to get a second opinion from a health professional.

JWTAYLOR
01-03-2002, 08:06 AM
meatier shower, man, that's bad. Bad.

So you wanna swing lunch early, around 11ish?

JWT

Chang Style Novice
01-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Sure. I'm chillin' at home today (waiting around to hear if there's another temp job opening up, soon.)

You want to meet near campus again, or is there something else on your mind.

Maybe we should see if GreyMystik, Halfling, or any of the other Austin crowd is interested.

JWTAYLOR
01-03-2002, 08:15 AM
Cool, I'll make it a separate thread so they notice it.
Oh, and it was too d@mn cold to ride the bike this morning. It was 22f when I left my house at 5:45am this morning. So I just took my wife's car. I can pick you up if need be.

JWT

Chang Style Novice
01-03-2002, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the offer. Depending on where we decide to eat, maybe that'd be the best thing.