PDA

View Full Version : Bak Mei - please explain

sticky fingers
01-04-2002, 02:47 AM
Bak Mei quotes

thread: let's kick a dead horse
"I myself have studied Isshin-Ryu for 14 years. I used to laught at people to bounced from a school after 2 years, and rightfully, MA is a lifetime. But I got the core of that stystem, and then moved on in life (literarly, moved, and started college). Then I did Hung Gar and WIng Chun."

then

thread: last word on wing chun
"I've been studying since I was 4 years old. I'm 24. My current master was a student of Yip Man, he'll be the first in line to **** on WC. I fight Wing Chun about once a week. Three times on a good week. " and:

"I broke my first board on, let me see, its in my office, my father made it into a display, hold on -- 4/28/82. I was born in 5/2/74. "

also
you started wing chun
a: after college
b: since you were 4

you are
a: 24
b: 27

I think the correct answer is
c: you're full of $hit

scotty1
01-04-2002, 02:56 AM
he he :)

black and blue
01-04-2002, 04:24 AM
He not only has a variable age, he's Luke F**k**g Skywalker.

He has it all: internal questions answered, cool dance moves, the ability to know others intentions.

I can't work out if he's a Ninja or a Sith Lord - perhaps its all the same.

Oh, don't forget, he can break boards - he even frames them to show his mates (Yoda and Ashida Kim).

:rolleyes:

Kristoffer
01-04-2002, 06:19 AM
ninjas rule dontcha know?

Kristoffer
01-04-2002, 06:21 AM
:D

black and blue
01-04-2002, 06:34 AM
I've just heard, from a rather reliable source, that this Bak Mei character is the sexy young lady in Crouching Turnip Hidden Dog Doo!

He/She/It/They can actually fly using their Chi.:eek:

Bak Mei, judging by his/her age calculations, is approximately 125 - or 7 (depending on how long he studied Wing Chun from the age of 4), and is probably that chap in blue tights with a red cape.

There was a post on the forum not too long ago about some guy who used his Chi to knock people over from a distance. It's people like this that encourage others to sing "Kung Fu Fighting" when you tell them you practise a CMA.

**** and blast the lot of them. Bah Humbug, I just envy the considerable talents they have developed.:)

guohuen
01-04-2002, 09:20 AM
You heros have anything better to do than to pick on young people. Is it a lack of manners or class that motivates this juvenile behavior? Why don't you go after one of the trolls? Do you prefer victims that aren't argumentative so that you don't have to think? I really do expect an answer and not some rubbish full of obcenities.

guohuen
01-04-2002, 09:27 AM
P.S. I've checked your profiles and none of you has enough experience to be doing anything but asking questions anyway.
You remind me of twelve year olds on a school bus.

black and blue
01-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Yes... young and quite inexperienced - this is our excuse for posting on the subject of one man's attack on Wing Chun and his disparaging comments regarding very respected Sifus.

Our attacks (and I'd hardly call them that) are not vile or overly offensive. The jokes, for me, sprang from some crazy comments about feeling others chi on the dance floor of raves. People in the UK get arrested for that sort of behaviour (that's a joke for those of you with a*al attitude).

When I train I ask questions constantly, and don't bad mouth other styles or groups. Sometimes on these forums, however, there are members who attack a style and then write nonsense that earns a chuckle.

There's too much Jedi - just too much in our friend's post :D

scotty1
01-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Look G, the guy started an entire thread about how Wing Chun doesn't work, are you suprised that he ****ed a few people off?

"Do you prefer victims that aren't argumentative so that you don't have to think? "

Yeah right, because Bak Mei's FAR too weak too stand up for himself... :rolleyes:

guohuen
01-04-2002, 10:19 AM
Didn't read that thread. If that's what he said, thats unbelievably funny. I'll have to go back and read it.

Kristoffer
01-04-2002, 12:41 PM
guohuen rule dontcha know?
:D

keep it up..

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-04-2002, 04:08 PM
i didn't read the thread either, but i have always thought of bak as a pretty knowlegable martial artist.

i wonder where he is.

DelicateSound
01-04-2002, 04:22 PM
I always thought Bak was OK. In his defense, he makes a few typos, could account for the age thing, esp. on a mini keyboard.

And you guys are like a pack of hounds, tearing at the weak and vulnerable.

Thank God you don't really know I'm a 53 year old Geography teacher... Scotty almost found me out. :D

jon
01-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Couple of things ive picked up ill add to this.
One he doesnt study White eyebrows [Bak Mei] so dont make that mistake its just his screen name.
Two im sure he really does know a lot and is quite willing to share some of that knowledge when he is in the right mood.
From his comments i would also go out on a limb and say he is from a good school and is a dedicated student.
However i dont think this defends his actions of trying to rubbish a several styles of cma. This shows a blatent disrespect and lack of understanding, it can also come accross as very pompus.
My advice to Bak Mei would be to share his knowledge in a friendly way and to stop drawing comparisons to other styles to do it.
That said if Bak Mei reads this...
I really like a lot of what you have to say and some of your information is great. I just wish i didnt have to feel offended everytime ive read a few of your posts:(

TjD
01-04-2002, 09:38 PM
to me, it just seems that bak meis experience with wing chun is extremely lacking

the concepts he describes, and the way his friends who do wing chun fight; it sounds like they all had a bad teacher, or just didnt get it

other than his wing chun knowledge i think he knows what hes doing

peace
travis

rubthebuddha
01-05-2002, 12:13 AM
he claims to have some wing chun knowledge, and i won't argue with him on that. what i'm wondering is if he had a crappy sifu and he was misinformed on a lot of wing chun ideas. remember, mckwoons are just as likely as mcdojos or ... mcdojangs! (that was fun to say :D ).

anyhoo, he has some good ideas, but you guys aren't the only ones sick of him spouting off about how crappy wing chun is without something tangible to go with it.