PDA

View Full Version : Bak Mei

Yung Apprentice
01-04-2002, 07:41 AM
I respect yuor opinions, and you seem to know quite a bit. What do you think about Hsing-I?(assuming taught corecctly) DO you think it is practical in fighting situations? WHat exactly does Bak Mei mean? ( I'm new to CMA)

Kristoffer
01-04-2002, 09:28 AM
stupid questions.

scotty1
01-04-2002, 09:31 AM
No.
What does Bak Mei mean?
Tell us Kristoffer.

Crimson Phoenix
01-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Translates as White Eyebrows...name of the monks who created the eponymous style of gong fu according to the common history in the style.

Yung Apprentice
01-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Stupid reply. If you didn't like my questions, then why would you waste your time,and mine in typing a reply?:confused:

EARTH DRAGON
01-04-2002, 08:55 PM
The only stupid questionis the one not asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont worry young app. it takes all kinds to make the go round....and unfortunatly their are all kinds on these boards... keep on asking and you will keep on learning. your freind E.D

Nichiren
01-05-2002, 05:50 AM
When reading about Hsing-I it strikes me as having the same approach as WC? Has anyone trined booth styles/systems and whats the similarities/differences....

Yung Apprentice
01-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Thank you EarthDragon, your hella cool!

jon
01-05-2002, 06:18 PM
There worlds apart trust me...
There are a couple of similaritys like a preference for strait line attacking but other than that there are huge differences. Ive done a little of both arts. XingYi is totaly internal and revolves around body mechanics and angle. Wing Chun is int\ext and uses crane kung fu and reflex.
Both very effective but quite different in the end.
XingYi is also MUCH older and is a northern system where as Wing Chun is relatively recent and is Southern.
The other thing i noticed in my XingYi training was most basic hand techniques can be easily addapted to weapon work. The art was frequently taught to the military so aspects such as these tend to shine though even into our times.
Both great systems but a long way appart imho.