PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Videotaped Yourself Doing Forms????

Fu-Pow
01-05-2002, 05:44 PM
The camera doesn't lie. It is very enlightening.

Ryu
01-05-2002, 05:51 PM
always!
Almost everyday. Well not forms, but I videotape myself punching the heavy bag, working the grappling dummy, sparring, footwork, weapons, etc.
It's probably the one tool that has really helped me understand my body movement, crispness, power, etc. I think it's an important part of training.

Ryu

CanadianBadAss
01-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Does video taping yourself well having sex count? cause i do that all this time...
"It's probably the one tool that has really helped me understand my body movement, crispness, power, etc. I think it's an important part of training. " I totally agree man...

wushu chik
01-05-2002, 06:01 PM
CBA...I REALLY didn't need to know that...

Yeah, I videotape myself all the time doing forms. It's the best way to catch yourself if you aren't doing something right!

~Wen~

les paul
01-05-2002, 06:43 PM
CanadianBadAss
M0derator

Does video taping yourself well having sex count? cause i do that all this time...
"It's probably the one tool that has really helped me understand my body movement, crispness, power, etc. I think it's an important part of training. " I totally agree man...

Yea!!! I love it! This is funny, Just another reason why I love this forum!

Les paul

01-05-2002, 11:20 PM
Actually, the camera DOES lie.

When I first went to see my sifu, he had sent me a videocamera of his doing the form. It didn't look all that impressive at first.

Then when I met the guy, I actually didn't recognize him in person. The thing that a camera cannot do is catch the full IMPACT of a person's true colors.

Then we touched hands, and he mowed me down as if I weren't there. Even now, I look at that video for traces of that "internal" power - I can't see it. Yet the feeling of my sifu's arm disrupting my stance (and I was a trained martial artist before going to see him) was all too real for me to disregard.

I've taped myself a few times, and it can all come out totally differently depending on the angle and lighting.