PDA

View Full Version : Lack of energy

DelicateSound
01-06-2002, 09:18 AM
I have no knowledge of Tai Chi etc. but lately I'm feeling really tired. Anyone out there know any Tai Chi exercises I can use to help get my energy levels up?

Would really help - I have exams soon......

Sam Wiley
01-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Normal Three Circle Standing Qigong will help to build your energy levels to normal. I would also suggest that you cut down on your intake of meat, as it seems that people who eat a lot of meat have very little energy. I personally find that simply doing repetitions of my form as slowly as possible builds my energy levels. Also, low postures done as qigong might build your energy levels. Maybe if you practice Snake Creeps Down and hold it for a minute or so on each side a couple of times a day, like right after waking and whenever you feel tired, that might help.

Outcast
01-06-2002, 05:58 PM
I find that if my energy levels are low, then its time to take a break and have warm bath, a light meal and early night. In the morning I do some stretching and a simple tai chi warm up (turning the waist, holding the ball etc) and if I have time I do a form.

I hope your exams go well Delicate Sound, I remember the stress of doing those. I once slept 17 hours straight through after doing some finals for my degree (way back in the distant past!).

Cheers

Outcast

dre_doggX
01-07-2002, 12:18 PM
to increase engery tai chi as while as many internal martial arts( like Xing Yi quan and Yi quan) has this thing called standing meditaion.

here is a link that will explain some stuff.

it will take you some time but I wont you to read all these pages.
the frist one I found gives references to some goddess, but you dont have to use that its just imagery infact this the frist time I remember the use of a god in this meditation. This issue of Tai chi magazine said to imagine strings pulling up you hands but no reference to a god. So I would pay it no mind.

http://www.theflow.org/qigong/index.asp?rightside=stand.htm

the you must go to healing sounds on the same site.

go to http://www.yiquan.com.pl/training.html

it has the same excerise only gives no reference to gods and has some better detail. It did have the the five organ meditations"healing sounds" that the other site had( which is the only reason I mentioned it) however it does tell of the two standing meditation excerise ( the frist is the same I mention prior) talked about in detail in Januarys editon.

the five organs represent elements wood, fire, etc.
go do www.wingchunkwoon.com go to training aids then
go to five element theories.

Justa Man
01-07-2002, 05:57 PM
As I'm sure you know, the 2 things we live on is food/water and air. You may want to check that your food is right (good diet), that your eating schedule is healthy, that your water is right (body is well hydrated throughout day) and that you do breath work (breathing exercises that give body more oxygen).

Tae Li
01-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Delicate...its Ms Li

I agree with Justa man, check your food levels and let first, the problem could be right infront of your face and you wont even realise. Do you drink enough water? which is like two litres a day.....

And maybe you need to go out on some 10min jogs or something, trust me when you exercise your energy levels really het boosted, but I also agree that if its not in the mind thatn its no where. SWo if you believe tha by applying mediatation and tai Chi will get you going than do it. It also works, at least it does for me when Im really stressed and srcewed up.

Go to Jet Li's Website at www.jetli.com and have a browse, I am absolutely certain that you will find something there that is bound to answer your question.

Tae Li;)

Repulsive Monkey
01-08-2002, 05:37 AM
Im sorry but that comment about people who eat meat have little energy is rubbish its more like the other way around. Why is it then when patients complaints of Blood and Qi deficiency are asked by Chinese Doctors to INCLUDE meat in their diets then?

DelicateSound
01-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Hell of a lot of replies - thanks!

Sam Wiley. I'm glad you posted, but one little problem "Snake creeps Down???" I have NO knowledge of Tai Chi!!! :)
Maybe I'll have to take it up after all... thanks for the reply anyway!

Outcast. Thanks for the advice and reassurance. I'm going to start stretching each morning (i only usually do Sundays - KF day)

Justa Man - I forgot all about water, I used to drink 7 pints a day, but now i get less than 3, that could be it. Cheers

Tae Li - I'll try and jog in the mornings (i used to). But do you have any idea how cold it is here!!!! And it's not that easy to get me on a Jet Li site!! :)

Repulsive Monkey: I am in no position to argue this one :D

DelicateSound
01-12-2002, 05:56 AM
I guess putting my fingers into the plugsocket won't help :)

I'm figuring I don't know enough about Tai Chi to make it work, but I've tried all the health things you guys suggested and I'm feeling great! Thanks everybody! :D