PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: anerlich

DelicateSound
01-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Sorry to be nosy - but are you the same Andrew Nerlich that writes for www.wingchunkuen.com ??

anerlich
01-06-2002, 06:45 PM
Fair question. Yup, that's me.

I used to have the AbMan handle until the KFO "improvements" took it back off me.

I don't spend much time there (WCK.com) any more - I got sick of some of the politics and personalities on the WCML. I gather yuanfen, who I have a lot of respect for, fared similarly.

Don't get me wrong, I've got heaps of time for Rene Ritchie and Marty Goldberg, but the list went places I didn't want to go.

I prefer a more egalitarian forum, even if it means more arguments. More POV's - more fun.

Cheers

AN

yuanfen
01-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Andrew: I enjoy visiting this list and also reading many posts including yours. Best wishes- joy

DelicateSound
01-07-2002, 04:09 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the columns over at WCK. I'm not even a Wing Chun man (Lau-Gar), but I like reading what you write. Your article on training with music has really helped me to get off my lazy ass for more than 5 mins a day :D

Cheers!

anerlich
01-07-2002, 02:52 PM
DelicateSound,

Glad you enjoyed it.

Rene asked me if I wanted to write some stuff, there's so much tech stuff out there already and it varies so much between the various schools, he's better at history than anyone, so I tried to come up with some personal angles and op-ed sort of pieces.

Glad I was able to give you a bit more motivation. Now get up off your a$$ and start punchin' ;)

DelicateSound
01-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Its a shame you don't write on there anymore (politics! :rolleyes: ) 'cause its good stuff. Maybe KFO should have an article section. (GeneChing.......)

And, yes I am off my lazy ass now!! Squating in horse stance at this very minute.

BTW: Did you ever reveal the address of that "secret" meridian points site? I can't for the life of me find it!

reneritchie
01-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Hey Andrew,

Just wanted to point out, WingChunKuen.Com and the WCML are distinct 'things'. I know the WCML isn't for everybody (heck, there are times it isn't for me, but I know, like the weather, if I give it a while it'll change again), but if you ever find the time to write any more columns for WingChunKuen.Com, I'll put them up in a heartbeat!

Hope all's well, and best to you and Spain sifu for the new year!
(Best to you and yours too, Joy!)

Rgds,

RR

anerlich
01-07-2002, 05:21 PM
www.taijiworld.com. look under free stuff.

I'm not sure I buy it all, but there's a lot of info there.

Rene, thanks, I'll consider it.

Cheers

AN

DelicateSound
01-08-2002, 01:09 PM
My search is complete!!!

Cheers for the link, and of course for the articles!!

yuanfen
01-08-2002, 02:28 PM
(Best to you and yours too, Joy!)

Happy New Year to you too Rene
Joy Chaudhuri