PDA

View Full Version : Former mantis school in Toronto?

StormRider
01-08-2002, 12:29 PM
About 15 years ago I studied praying mantis on Saturdays at George Vanier High School in North York from (I think it was) Sifu Bo. The two disciples that I remember were Eric Gray and Mike White..

Sifu Bo was on the cover of the short lived canadian martial arts magazine one month.. Unfortunately, I gave my copy away years ago and never found another.

I'd like to hear from anyone that remembers this school, knows what happened to it, etc, etc.

Thanks
topspd@yahoo.ca

EARTH DRAGON
01-08-2002, 12:57 PM
I do know that sifu tong wong my kung fu brother still teaches 8 step in TO if you are interested....

Skarbromantis
01-09-2002, 02:08 PM
hope it was a good one ...

Where does he teach in T.O?

Skard1

StormRider
01-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Earth Dragon, Where is his school?

Thanks

EARTH DRAGON
01-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Skarbro mantis, actully kinda crappy, went downtown but becuse of the snow hardly any body was there celebrating, and they plowed the snow into the paking lots so you had to park 2 miles away, but thanks for asking how was yours?

PS I used to rollerskate years ago in scarlboro at rollerworld, ever been there

anyways to storm rider ans skarbromantis heres is tony wong's schhool address,
118 micmac cresent, willowdale ontraio m2h2k2

tell him I said hi..... and to call me thanx take care and happy new year

Skarbromantis
01-11-2002, 07:54 AM
Stayed home with the old lady, kept it nice and quiet this year..

Thanks for the address im going to look him up,
and yes i used to skate there also,now thats going back ....way back.

Thanks again

Skard1

EARTH DRAGON
01-11-2002, 09:41 AM
thats funny, you used to skate too. What I remember most about scarlboro is the black guys like carl allen, kenny, mikey stern used to attach keys on their skates, so when they rubber legged you could here them comming. HA HA back in the good ole days

ninjaboy
01-11-2002, 02:39 PM
sorry, i didn't know if you preferred being adressed as "skarbromantis" or "skard1" but i was just curious to see if you still play tang lang actively in t.o. and, if yes, where and what style?

sincerely

Reappah-X
01-14-2002, 08:37 AM
There is also a sifu in scarbarough who was a student of the late grandmaster liu yun quao. He teaches 6 Harmony Mantis along with Baji and Bagua on the weekends i believe.

Reap

Skarbromantis
01-16-2002, 08:10 AM
I train with Sifu Philipman Chow :D

Skard1, Skarbromantis....Doesn't really mater.

Skarbromantis
02-10-2002, 09:20 PM
7*PM

Toronto, Scarborough

Skarbromantis
02-11-2002, 08:04 AM
Midland and Sheppard

WWW.MARTIALARTMANTIS.COM