PDA

View Full Version : would you use a yin or yang technique to close the centerline of your opponent.

10-13-2000, 12:49 AM
how would you close your opponents centerline.?
you can use circular,lateral, linear techniques.
would you use a soft or hard move?

i know you are all going to to say depends what he throws. here they are!
1) off a straight punch.
2) off a hook punch
3) off a uppecut punch
4) off a straight downward punch

these are your strikes. how would you close the centerline?

have fun....

peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

vingtsunstudent
10-13-2000, 01:07 AM
who cares, just train would ya!

LIN Q
10-13-2000, 06:05 AM
Vintsun student, does your answer mean you don't know? Who should be training!?
1. Straight punch - you could use both, a yin technigue to deflect the strike in any direction or a yang technique to smash the arm using hammers or palms.
2. A hook punch I'd be more inclined to use a yang technique on the inside of the arm and shoulder, though a yin technique could work it's a little more harder to do (perhaps).
3. An uppercut I'd use more a yin technique to deflect again.
4. A straight downward strike again both could be used.
not to say that a linear strike has to be answered by a circular , a straight punch can be used to close the centre line at the same time striking.In theory circular beats linear and visa versa but isn't always the case.

vingtsunstudent
10-13-2000, 06:46 AM
hey lin q
before you go being an fwit & saying nasty things that may offend me, why don't you have a look at ft's post on wc v wt in the main forum.
he is an online sparring partner of mine & i was just trying to give him a chuckle.
vts
ps manners & respect are dirty words & don't let anyone tell ya different.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

10-13-2000, 12:02 PM
vingstun baby,
round 2- thanks for your pay back i did have a chuckle. i suppose a bong sau will do for all the above....? hahaha
i have copyrights on my pay outs buddy. watch your back!

so whats your answer smart arse?

vingtsunstudent
10-13-2000, 02:51 PM
farcicle tiger
i guess i would use lots of hammer fists & pheonix eye fists as they are the best way to dominate centre, correct.(not to mention a whole truckload of ging, chi & cosmic forces or what ever it is that you call your special inner powers)
no really, not having studied for 16 years or having access to advanced technics like you i guess i would just have to use basic stuff.
1.i would just use fook sao(this means to the outside of his arm with my other hand in wu sao just in case the punch was stronger than thought) with a punch followed by several more punches, or what ever else may be required as it is highly unlikely that anyone might just throw a straight right without following it up.
2.i would use my waist, & turn into the strike so as to be facing it. the attack & defence i would use is tan sao punch followed by what ever would be applicable depending on their response.
3.i would be hoping that i have already taken him, as i should never have let him get this close in the first place.
4. look presuming that you know this is coming, which i have presumed with all of them (because i think we both know that the responses would have been a lot different otherwise)i would just punch him in the face, because again for him to get close enough to attack me with this strike he must have already entered my space & i should have hit him the moment this happened.

again, i am only a mere beginner compared to you & all those full contact tornaments & kickboxing
that you have fought in.
i suppose that i will have to just resign myself to the fact that i may never really know how to handle these attacks with out you sharing your knowledge with me.
so how about it ****in' tiger, what the best & most affective ways to deal with these strikes?
vts /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

CLOUD 1
10-13-2000, 04:15 PM
What a load of B.S

Black Jack
10-13-2000, 05:05 PM
From a JKD approach to this topic I might use a gunting destruction, followed by a entry on all of these attacks except for the uppercut and downward strike.

If the guy was close enough to throw a uppercut than I must of been drunk or something because that is my turf and if a attacker is that close and is not getting a barage of heabbuts, elbows and knee strikes from me than I must of not been paying any attention to my situation.

The same can be stated for the downward strike...to telegraphic for a first move so I should notice it in this hypothetical situation...so a direct interception to a straight blast to the infighting range would do perfect...

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Regards

10-14-2000, 12:59 AM
hey yip man, are you telling me wing chun doesnt teach cosmic force.
i think you should give away this minor art and do something aggressive designed by a man.
you blouse,all you wing chun say how deadly your fighting skills are but i've never seen you guys win 1 tournament "really". then they say ring fighting isnt any good it teaches bad habits and you cant use your techniques, you should be able to adapt to any rule of fighting anywhere, with gloves or without glove. my system you cannot use pheonix eyes ,palms with gloves, but you can hammerfist, backfist, basic jab straight etc.

wing chun is only good at fighting wing chun- thats a fact.
also you wing chun fools have to add pheonix eye and hammers to your system the say yip man taught me a different version.wing chun sifus go and learn pak mei to better there own art, maybe you should do the same. bruce lee wannabe...
hahahahah
go back to futsan! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

vingtsunstudent
10-14-2000, 05:20 AM
hey pooh bear, sorry i meant tiger
sorry bud, but no in our lineage we don't use chi,
we just believe that if you train hard, you'll be fit, healthy & able to look after yourself.
we don't do hammer fists or pheonix eye, that again was a shot at one of your posts in kunng fu forum about how southern mantis control centreline better that wing chun.
as to tournaments, they are for fun.
the first rule in fighting is, there are no rules, so why woulg i want & go play in some, nothing to do with reality, tornament.
by way of your comments, your true understanding of wing chun shines through & i think it is you who might need a lesson in a real ma instead of your tournament come kicboxing style.
it is truely a shame to see supposedly knowledgable people, like you claim to be yourself, with f#ck all idea of what they are talking about or just a deep grudge because they probably had there ass kicked & fear the style they're bagging.
wing chun sifus go & learn bak mei to better their own art, my god now you are truely grasping for a shred of respect for yourself or your poor lineage.
also are you really going to say that the rules of tournaments & constantly training for them doesn't form bad habits.(please leave your sheltered workshop)
you said you trained in china & hong kong hardcore, if this is the case, how many challenge matches have you fought in? from what i have been told, although they are not as common as in years gone by, they still do however exist.
vts

10-14-2000, 11:58 AM
SH#TSTUN,
IF YOU CANNOT ADAPT TO ANY FIGHT CONDITION THAN YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF OR YOU'LL WRECK YOURSELF. are you telling me you possibly wouldnt fight in kung fu tournaments. what are you scared your wing chung sh#t wont hold up. you are a C#CKSUCKER and i dont think anything of wing chun at all.
most wing chun sifu's i know want to learn pak mei, add all the principles to better ther art. like i said once before in your wing chun historyone of the masters was killed by one pheonix eye punch thats all it took to wipe out a top wing chun master. what do you think you would do , yuor no where near that level. you have not been in any comps or anything ********. at least i know my **** works, comps and open door challengers. we had many wing chun ***s come into my teachers school for a challenge, we would fight them and carry there knockout,broken limbs out onto chinatown and leave them there, but we would be nice and call ambulance for there ARSE.

yes i am aware that there is plenty of good fighters and they dont go in comps, but still if you cannot adapt to any rules legs v's leg, fist v's fist any chichor. you dont know your system good enough.

peace /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

vingtsunstudent
10-14-2000, 01:51 PM
well there is not much more to say than you are full of sh#t.
but then again, maybe we could just kiss & make up,i would never want to offend you because you are odviously the king of laa laa land & i would hate for you to send your troops after me.
tell me who the wc guy is that was killed or do you just believe any ridiculous story you hear.
maybe this is why you believe your system is so far superior. is it because your sifu says so or you going to credit your belief with all your tournament dribble again.(you say i can't addapt or fight just because i don't fight in tournaments, well again that is bullsh#t & you know it)
i have read your brilliant questions & seen your truely enlightening responses, just because you write some chinese words & say ,if you know what this means, then you have understanding'.
well what a load of crap, do you say this because you don't have a response or are you not interlectual enough to answer the question properly.
by the way you still haven't enlightened me with your depth of knowledge as to how a true expert of such a wonderful system as yours would deal with the attacks.
vts

LIN Q
10-14-2000, 03:26 PM
Wasn't your celebrated Rick Spain a comp fighter until he hurt his little toe and ran home from Hong Kong .If you can't put it together with basics in a ring with limits on your techniques how the f**k are you going to use higher techniques.It's amazing how many tossers do wc class and 16 years latter still dribble the same tripe.∆

10-15-2000, 12:13 AM
lin q
this is between me and yip man, let it go!

yip man, your upset cause you guys dont know your history. as for your sifu, you probably learn from books you turd. i thought australians were ok guys until now.
your a fool you dont know what im trying to say. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

vingtsunstudent
10-15-2000, 03:22 AM
hey fuk q
you gained no respect from your first ridiculous post, so just shut the fu#k up.
as to rick spain he has nothing to do with my lineage you dill!
flatulent tiger
you truely are full of wind!
again, how many times do i have to ask, who is the wc guy who was killed & what are your incredible answers to the questions you asked, could it be you don't know & are just making things up as you go.
this is my sifu, who is yours?(let me guess you can't provide that information over the internet-wanker)
http://www.vingtsun.net/sifuba~1.html
perhaps so as to gain some credibility you could provide me with some proof as to your lineage.
so what's your answer dumbas#?
vts

10-15-2000, 02:33 PM
yip man,
very nice story of your sifu, the terminator. read the history behind all wing chun's old masters and you will find out what im saying. you raed your sifu's stories and probably dont do any research into theart yourself.
Did barry lee have a bad back or a accident, i know someone in australia that gave his student some dit dar for his back. i have to admite though wong sheung leung was good at wing chun, beleive this or not ive heard he did study pak mei principles and used the ging in his wing chun, he also uesd hum humg bat boi in his postures which is not wing chun posture. this is on a video of wong sheung leung many moons ago.

so do you practise with barry lee or do you travel to germany to train when you are in aust. or are you learning under your sihing.

LIN Q
10-15-2000, 02:36 PM
I take back my disrespectful comment on Rick Spain but it still shows there are plenty of wc practioners who beleive comps can be benificial . YOU though vinegar are an abusive fowl winded fool, do you know your kung fu as well as your mother knew the local footy team. Twit!

vingtsunstudent
10-15-2000, 03:09 PM
vagrant toddler
yes i study under barry.
he is back in oz only about 2months of the year at the moment but is planning on living 6 months in each, in the mean time i just train & continue my practice with the other instructors.
he is infact wong's brother in law & his stories are very true & you would need about 5 minutes with him to realise it.
i am sorry i don't believe what you said about wong & bak mei(having one of wong's relatives & one of his most senior students has given us & incredible insight into this man & his life)
yes barry has a bad back, so you might want to ask your friend what he thinks of him & what he knows of his fighting ability.
STILL NO ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS-who is the wc guy & what are your techniques?
wang king fist
sorry bud, my mother died when i was 14 so i have never been offended by such wise cracks but in your case i'll make an exception.
are you from oz you fwit, i know what style you do
& have seen other people on here from oz that do the same system.
maybe we could get together & discuss whether or not i need to train harder(i'll even wear some light gloves & let you see if i can addapt)
vts

10-16-2000, 01:19 AM
yip man,
ignore lin q, i dont know what his problem is!

anyway, info that i received was a write up of wc in a aussie mag afew years back that a friend sent me, cause i collect info and s##t. i think the author was a sifu of wc jimmy fung i think. this was in his history of wc.

i have friends in oz working there they send me info all the time.

hope this helps.

vingtsunstudent
10-16-2000, 04:36 AM
look i have never intended to be either rude nor arrogant but when some one puts down my style with odviously litte or incorrect knowledge i am then easily offended.
i love talking ma but have been taught that when it comes to disrespect of my style that i will talk with my hands.we train as my sifu was(i don't mean as hard or as long as him because he was a freak, i just mean traditionally), infact the only times i have ever called him sifu is on this website, to me he has always been just barry.(if in public as a sign of respect we would call him sifu)
as to jim fung, we have a good friend, who shall i say, is one of the only instructors of his that is of any value, again i don't mean that to be rude but jim is a business man pure & simple.(in fact we once had one of his seniors show up at school & he took one big step back from what he was odviously going to say when he realised whos school it was)
again i must say that my teacher is very much the realist & if there was a story of a wc killed by a pheonix strike he would tell us about it.
instead i will tell you one about wong, when he was young & continually fighting, he fought a supposed master of something to do with dim mak, wong knocked the guy senseless but the guys reply was that it didn't matter as he had hit wong with the death touch & he would soon be dead & that was well over thirty years ago.
although there are many wc guys from this time who fought challenge matches, none did so as often as wong(this is the problem with a lot of todays students- they are learning to swim off someone who has never or their sifu had never been in the water themselves)
when barry was in hong kong, there was only him & 3 other chinese students that were trained wholey & soley to fight in challenge matches.
believe me when i say that you should not put wc down as there are some people who more than know how to use this art to hurt people.
vts
ps again please let me know how you would deal with strikes(if you think i may not understand i can always reference your answers with a friend of mine in sydney who teaches bak mei & loong ying)

10-16-2000, 05:49 AM
vingstun,
maybe we got off on the wrong step, i dont mean to be disrespectful towards you or wc, but i bite back as well , we all should be friends.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

my topic was to see what type of people would reply tp the following and they all have been good answers.
i probably use a yang attack, because i favour disabling techniques as my lead. to use a yin i probably wouldnt feel comfortable to stick and follow right off the bat.

thanks for the info
peace

vingtsunstudent
10-16-2000, 12:26 PM
cool.
i am purely a yang man myself(you just need to ask my other half as she is getting sick of my yang being up all night)
vts

LIN Q
10-16-2000, 01:25 PM
If what you say about your mother is true I sincely appolagise, non the less I feel I insulted with no real cause and have in turn disrespected you and my own sifu . It is not what is taught to me , in fact the very opposite.I didn't log into this forum to insult people, please don't let this be a reflection of YKM or my sifu. We all are strongly devoted to our systems but that is no reason to be disrepectful (lesson learnt ).¬

Bastet
10-16-2000, 01:52 PM
yeah - he had his wrists slapped. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

blessed be,
a.

tnwingtsun
02-20-2001, 12:48 PM
Guys I just had to butt in on this one because I'm a student of both arts,this is an old post so I don't know if it will even be read,glad you guys made up.I have seen Wing Chun defeat Bai Mai,I have seen Bai Mai defeat Wing Chun(Duncun Leung's student instructor)I've also seen Wingtsun defeat Bai Mei.Leung Shung was a Bai Mei teacher and was defeated by Yip Man,afterwards he became one of Yip's best fighters,there is a differance between WC and WT,I have studied both,a little WC enough to know the differance(Duncan's WC).Leung Ting studied at one point from Leung Shung,coming from Bai Mai I can see its influance on Leung Shung and Leung Ting's WT/WC/VT.Go see Emin Boztepe's punch,his fists are loose like he's holding a baby bird trying not too chrush it before he makes contact,here it gets really weird,look closer at his fists,he holds and punches with a vertical (WT/VT/WC style) loose pheonix eye punch,I asked about this WT pheonix and was told that depending on impact is weather the pheonix is used,example if the WT punch lower knunkle impacts with the sternam and deflects riding to the throat it impacts the throat as a pheonix eye followed by the lower knuckles supported by the lower forearm bone driven by the elbow,excuse my spelling,I'm sleepy,they are BOTH great systems with very powerful fighters in both camps,I love um both and try to take the best from both,night guys,huggs and kisses