PDA

View Full Version : In healing mode, but need help

African Tiger
01-08-2002, 03:47 PM
I just got over a horrible liver infection - Hepatitis A to be exact - and I'm having lots of trouble getting back to the old me.

During my MONTH LONG BOUT, I lost 11 lbs (some fat, lots of muscle). I also lost lots of strength and flexibility, not to mention the psychological damage from being in bed for 9 days.

So I ran to the Herb store in NOHO where I live, and picked up some colloidal silver, licorice root, cinnamon, and started drinking lots of water.

Are there any herbs I should try in order to bring back my strength and flexibility? I used to train 1.5 hours per day, now I can barely complete a half hour of qi gong.

joedoe
01-08-2002, 04:59 PM
But shouldn't you give your body a bit more time to recover? I mean, you can take all the herbs/drugs etc you want, but sometimes your body simply needs time to heal itself.

African Tiger
01-09-2002, 03:36 PM
Actually I haven't gotten back to my forms work yet, so I am definitely taking it slow.

guo - change my voice? Like how? I'm already a Bass 1/Baritone. You don't mean going up, do you??? :eek:

Outcast
01-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Dandilion is known for helping liver complaints, the leaves can be cooked and eaten like spinach. I dont know exactly how it responds to hep. A but I guess any assistance you can give your liver could be helpfull. Also I read about grapefruit being able to help the liver (I mentioned it in a post a month or so ago about blood infections) by acticing a a detoxifier. Im only just trying this one out myself at the moment so I dont know the exact effects, but I guess its a health food to add to your diet if you like it anyway.

I hope this is of some use and I hope your back on top form soon.

Cheers

Outcast

joedoe
01-13-2002, 05:30 PM
St Mary's Thistle. See if you can contact Fish of Fury - he is a herbalist and he can probably suggest some stuff to you.