PDA

View Full Version : ultimate combat weapon(s)

flem
01-08-2002, 08:38 PM
after 9/11 i thought their might be a true test of kung fu- so, you either are out of ammo or you never had a gun to begin with. what weapon(s) would you rely on.

mine are the double broadswords and double daggers. the swords seem applicable against any non firing weapon and they are easy to carry. also if one is lost or damaged theres another to fall back on. the daggers are easily concealed and have multiple uses, as a knife, tied to a stick for a spear, etc.

Leonidas
01-08-2002, 09:15 PM
My choice of weapon would be something that wouldn't get me arrested as soon as i try to use it. Just give me a pair of Steel-toed boots and a couple of Brass knuckles and i'll take my chances......... Yea i'ma badass :D j/k

Hua Lin Laoshi
01-09-2002, 07:52 AM
That's what empty hand techniques are for. I always say you need to be able to fight naked. The bottom line is you always have your body every where you go!

As for weapons, in my youth I wore a chain with a crimped "S" hook at each end around my neck and hanging down my chest (hey, I grew up in New Jersey). Easily concealed under a loose shirt and if the chain shows it looks like a large necklace. Grab it behind your neck hooking it with your middle finger and it slides right out an can be used like nunchuku. Lucky for me I eventually got involved in Martial Arts where I could channel these tendencies in a positive direction. :)

So brass knuckles are legal in New York now? :D

EARTH DRAGON
01-09-2002, 09:54 AM
I would have to say your mind. If you can master this weapon there is no need to look elsewhere...............

I hate to quote movies but in the matrix neo asked morphious you think I can dodge bullets? morphious said when your ready you wont have too........I thought that was a great line in understanding ones self

whitewhirlwhind
01-09-2002, 09:58 AM
Assuming you mean that we end up in some Road Warrior zone, I would rely on double axes. I would find a place that people did not go often--I am a woodsy survival type--and live.

If after a few swings, yells, rolls, and a kip up the bad guys did not run like heck, then I would--the other way.

But a walking stick would and could hold many surprises for those who want my fresh apples!

MightyB
01-09-2002, 10:49 AM
I like the "walking Stick" too. I don't know how to use the eyebrow height iron staff yet (way different than the long staff form), but that could easily double as a walking stick. It gives you good reach, and since you are using it as a "walking stick", you shouldn't run into concealed weapons trouble with the law.

Hapkido uses a cane for these reasons which I think is a good idea for a modern weapon.

The Japanese version would be the Jo staff.

flem
01-09-2002, 11:53 AM
yeah, i was really meaning the road warrior scenerio, you know war in our country, you are out of or never had a gun. i am best with long weapons but after 9/11 i thought that blades would have a better effect, i figured that the long weapons were either too slow, not quick enough(to kill), or they were not as applicable to as many situations. i have changed my training priorities around since then, using the long weapons for training only, without alot of concern over fighting apps.

Hua Lin Laoshi
01-09-2002, 01:41 PM
You have to keep in mind what's easily carried at all times in all situations. That's why I prefer the weapon to be ME. Chances are you won't have a long weapon within reach when you need it. Lee Kwan Shan carried his double broadswords strapped to his back all the time. I guess they were either rusty or he didn't bath much. :D

Best choices:
daggers
fan
flute
cane
walking stick
broadsword
gim

Anything easily attached to your person and readily accessible. Things like double axes and hammers and such probably would take longer to deploy.

Leonidas
01-09-2002, 02:23 PM
I really dont know if they are legal, but then again, many things aren't. You can find them if you really wanted and it's better than a knife which has little margin for error

puma
01-09-2002, 05:13 PM
my weapon[s] of choice for the situation flem is refering to would be double daggers,whipchain,cane and double broadswords. i love double weapons so i would probably with the double axe too.