PDA

View Full Version : Question about arses

scotty1
01-09-2002, 04:23 AM
My gf was looking in the mirror last night, and she said to me "do you think my arse (a$$) is bigger now than it was two years ago?" So I, being very naive, said "yes, I think it probably is".

Now shes paraniod about her arse being big. I didn't say it was big, I just said it was bigger, its still a nice arse.

Anyway, she asked me the best way to lose weight off her behind. Bearing in mind that we are currrently working like hell to get enough money to go away (in the eveninings etc.) she doesn't have time for classes in anything, and doesn't want to spend her two nights off a week exercising, which is fair enough.

Also bearing in mind she is paranoid about her stomach too, i told her to take a run whenver she could.

Thanks for listening.

Agree?

ElPietro
01-09-2002, 07:24 AM
Ok first mistake was answering that question. Whenever a girl asks that question, pretend you didn't hear her. If that fails pretend to fall asleep, or run out of the room as if you forgot to do something important.

But in all seriousness...you can't spot reduce fat. Your body will take the fat off in the reverse order it put it on. Think of fat as people getting into an elevator. The first to get on the elevator will be the last to get off. Basically diet and cardio will do the trick. Don't just focus on the exercises that would work that area. If you do you will potentially look worse. Meaning if you build up those muscles but the fat is still there it will just look like more fat.

xiong
01-09-2002, 08:15 AM
Tough break dude. Pietro is right you just can't win on the "do I look fat?" question.

He is also right that cardio and diet are the way to address it, and I don't mean go on a diet as much as pay attention to what you are eating. Recognizing that you have to exercise more to burn off the calories from a deep fried cheese burger than a bunch of broccolli is the first step.

I am trying to exercise with my wife whenever she wants, some times it's a walk after work, sometimes it's a game of tennis. She just needs some companionship for motivation.

Good luck, I seem to be having problems with my own beer gut, gained 7 pounds over the holidays.

scotty1
01-09-2002, 08:39 AM
So what you're saying is, rather than doing squats or something (I don't mean with a barbell) or horse stance (which I can always feel working my buns) get her to run, and watch what she eats.

Yeah?

And with regards to the question, yeah I know, I'm young and naive. I knew I shouldn't have answered, but I kind of thought she'd appreciate it if I was honest. :rolleyes:

hkphooey
01-09-2002, 09:04 AM
jesus, scotty1, what were you thinking??? =)

as one of the "elders" on this forum (i'm assuming), i feel it my responsibility to pass on to you the only real answer to that question:

"all i know is that i love you, honey."

any other answer, and you're buggered. (i'm banking on U.S. editors)

good luck, at any rate...

scotty1
01-09-2002, 09:43 AM
LOL "All I know is that i love you honey"

Man that's ****ing hilarious:D

fmann
01-09-2002, 09:45 AM
What I always say when a girl asks:

"Do these clothes make me look fat?"
"No, dear. It's the FAT that makes you look fat."

"Do I look fat?"
"Compared to what, a whale? No."
or
"Just because you can't see yourself completely in that full size mirror doesn't mean you're fat."

"You're so shallow. You only care about the outside, you don't know what's on the inside."
"Yeah I do know what's in your inside. Ho-Ho's, Twinkles, Cupcakes, and Cookies."

"Will you still love me if I gained like 100 lbs?"
"Yeah... from a distance. Now let me sleep woman!"

:D

Besides, there's nothing wrong with a nice cushion for the pushin', na' mean? Women in general don't have a clue to what guys think is physically attractive. They base many of their misconceptions on models and fashion magazines, all of which portray a sense of physical beauty as interpreted by (1) women or (2) gay men. And what do they know about what men want?

:D j/k

IronFist
01-09-2002, 10:21 AM
Yeah dude tell her those ****ing skinny ass supermodels that grace all fashion magazines are ugly as ****. Uh, do I want a chick with the body of a 12 year old boy? No thanks.

Iron

Ford Prefect
01-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Regular aerobic exercise will burn calories and fat, but if you follow the Tabata method, your body is forced to metabolize your fat to meet the demands you are placing on it. (ie, the quickest way to burn fat) Check out an article about it:

http://www.cbass.com/fatburn.htm

Robinf
01-09-2002, 12:06 PM
So, you guys don't find Cindy Crawford and others attractive? Or even the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models?

Or is it that you do find them attractive, but what you find more attractive is the woman who agrees to sleep with you on a regular basis?

Just curious.

I never liked being a waif myself, so I'm toning and building some muscle, but that's to make me feel comfortable. But, it would be helpful to know if men find that attractive, too.

Robin

Paul
01-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Or is it that you do find them attractive, but what you find more attractive is the woman who agrees to sleep with you on a regular basis?

that's all that really matters to the guys. ha ha haaaa.

Personally I think women who work out are more attractive than the waif types. I have dated women who were of the waif type build and they seem too fragile to me.

fmann
01-09-2002, 12:33 PM
For me personally, a healthy woman both in mind and body is a beautiful one. Whether that's athletic build or what not, that is what matters.

Excessive dieting, obsession with personal image, etc. are all indicative of an unhealthy outlook and skewed perspective on what's important. And that's what I can't stand. Healthy mind helps cultivate a healthy body.

Eat right, exercise properly, don't be obsessed with looks, and everything will be fine.

And learn to shake your thang when the music hits the floor.

And I'm very attracted to a woman that can watch my back when the bottles and the fists start flying.

dwid
01-09-2002, 01:17 PM
amen to that, fmann

prana
01-09-2002, 04:39 PM
I would not respect it if my girl spends half her life looking for the right set of heals and the other half making sure her face hasn't fallen off on that cup of coffee she had 2 minutes ago.

joedoe
01-09-2002, 09:36 PM
If you have ever read any of Tim Allen's books, you would have known that there is no correct answer for that question. Once the question is asked it is too late - you are trapped and there is no way out. :D

IronFist
01-09-2002, 11:27 PM
So, you guys don't find Cindy Crawford and others attractive? Or even the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models?

Cindy Crawford is a babe.

Sung-hi Lee is even hotter :)

Iron

Apprentice
01-10-2002, 01:29 AM
IronFist: Dont forget about heidi klum :D

RobinF: Minorly built chicks are hot, if you wanna jes get "Comfortable" thats great, girls need to be "Comfortable" with themselves to be "Comfortable"(truly) with guys, and a girl who is comfortable, confident, not conceited, and openminded is jes da best type of chick

Everyone: Do you guys think just eating right and exercising makes you LOOK better? like, in the face too? Seriously, cuz i was thinkin about that a while back...im interested in everyones opinion

scotty1
01-10-2002, 02:06 AM
Cheers guys and gals

Everyone seems pretty well adjusted on this front. What are we doing on KFO?:D

Apprentice: I think being fit and healthy, you can see it in your face, yeah. You kind of have a healthy glow I think. Dunno if its something to do with more blood being pumped around or what.

Robinf
01-10-2002, 07:19 AM
I think eating right and exercising regularly helps the face look younger. I don't have any studies to back me up, but anecdotal evidence. When I was between 17 and 20, overweight, not exercising, people thought I was older. I could buy alcohol and was never carded (age to buy alcohol here is 21). People are now surprised when I tell them I'm 29 (actually, I say I'm almost 30; people seem to respect 30 more than 29).

Robin

xiong
01-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Scotty:

Sorry to take so long to reply. What I was getting at was what Pietro mentioned, you do not want to specifically target the buttocks or abdomen for spot fat reduction. The only way to spot reduce fat is through liposuction. Run, swim, bike it doesn't matter the idea is you want to get your heart rate up and burn calories. Honestly MA training is the best workout one can get, but perhaps your lady isn't in to it. My wife won't train with me, she has a distaste for MA after going to old school Kungfu movies in San Francisco's Chinatown every weekend as a kid.

Robin:

There are many different preferences among men. Personally I think that a self confident woman is particularly attractive, but yes I must admit that I find a certain amount of muscle tone appealing.

Ironfist:

Don't get me started on Sung Hi Lee!!!

scotty1
01-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Xiong : thanks for the knowledge. My lady does like training, and she used to , but because we're going away soon we're working eveninings in a local pub, so she's not got time.

Robin: couldn't possibly comment, but see comment for Iron below.

Ironfist: never heard of Sung Hi Lee, did a search, yes mate.

hkphooey
01-10-2002, 10:13 AM
just wanted to throw my vote in for Sung Hi Lee as well!!!!

regarding "youthfulness": i am 35. people frequently guess me to be upper 20's. when i was 22, people routinely guessed me to be 30. while exercise and qigong and yoga and all of those things give you a fresher appearance, i think the big issue is one's mental and emotional state. in my early 20's i worked a corporate job, and lived as such (i was still working out like a madman, mind you). people always guessed me older because of my attitude and my "seriousness" and whatnot. in my mid-20's i left the corporate world, changed my outlook on life, and started a whole new lifestyle. i can assure you that as the inside changes, it's reflected on the outside.

and whoever said it earlier is right: once the question has been asked, it's already too late.

and for robin (i think): different body types reflect different kinds of attractiveness. in the end, it really does come down to one's outlook on life and not one's body measurements. (though...in most cases, one's body measurements will REFLECT one's outlook one life...)

Robinf
01-10-2002, 12:24 PM
I looked up Sung Hi Lee and I think I'm getting it. Thanks, guys.

It's nice to know these things. I'll have to admit that while I love to look at Antonio Sabatto Jr., I find the personality of the guy can make him even better than him, or with a bad personality can make someone like that look like a troll. Nice to know it's the same way with guys.

Robin

Tae Li
01-16-2002, 04:41 AM
couldnt help but notice the question was based around arses and weight...i just couldnt resist. want another girls advise???

Firstly Fmann i laughed my arse off, thats funny stuff you got there:D

anyways, yes, well i think that dancin (belly dancin or latino dancin) will do something for that arse.

ok, so eating is very very very important, but dont obsesse over it cos then you just drive yourself crazy and eat more...you guys getting all of this?
:cool:

im serious..... buy your girlfriends the best dance CD'S and put them on at home, dance with them and shake your booty till you sweat. it works, im a dance freak...just hearing a good beat gets me up and going. but you cant expect to loose weight by exercising daily yet living on big mac's... u know what i mean?

looking good does require alot of energy, ive never been a waif in my life mainly cos of my mums genes (so that sux's) but at least i can run a long distance without getting out of breath and i can hit the dance floor for hours. thats good enough. :)

tell your gf's to appreciate what they got and to think of those who have missing limbs and stuff. tell then to be greatful and then to start being positive, hopefull if they are open minded it will work.

Tae Li;)

please excuse the spelling errors.

DelicateSound
01-16-2002, 12:44 PM
There's no correct answer to that question

YES THERE IS!

Watch and learn:

Woman: Do I look fat to you
Man: No.

Woman: Are you sure because......

Woman: But I...

Woman: Yeah but...

The question is NOT DEBATABLE. It is a simple reaction. Second-nature. Any other answer will seem like you are worming out of it. And if she's in a Force9 mood, you'll need to get your balls re-attached.

DelicateSound
01-16-2002, 12:47 PM
And Uma Thurman is the ultimate woman.

Akuma
01-16-2002, 07:13 PM
pfft, Jessica Alba is the hottest :D

Tae Li
01-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey im a gal and i also think Jessica Alba is something.......no boys, its not like THAT. But she is very attractive from a girls pov too.:D

TigerJaw
01-18-2002, 09:31 AM
The thing is, look at the women that men find attractive then look at the women in fashion mags and health mags who are the women that women think are attractive to men. There's a big diference. The women that we actually like have much more fat on them than the women that women think we like.

It's true. There are studies but I can't be bothered to find any.:p

fmann
01-18-2002, 03:30 PM
There was a study that found that a woman could increase her attractiveness to men if she had a more shapely bottom (aka, not flat)than if she would put on more makeup or dressed better, etc..

It's all about the booty shaking.

In order to feel the heat, you have to have some meat.

A big woman is good all year around. Got the shade in the summer, and the warmth in the winter.

Paul
01-18-2002, 03:57 PM
A big woman is good all year around. Got the shade in the summer, and the warmth in the winter.

LOL!