PDA

View Full Version : Detox diet

stubbs
01-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone give me a one week detox diet menu or any advice on how to go about it. Somebody suggested this to me as a new years resolution and it's one i think i might actualy do!

Any info would be great e.g. what i can/can't eat or drink, exercise while detoxifiing, advice on different herbal teas etc.

thanks in advance,
stubbs
________
GIRLFRIENDS PICS (http://girlfriendpics.org)

ElPietro
01-09-2002, 09:08 PM
If you can consult with a holistic consultant/herbal practitioner first. People have a problem of viewing many of the herbs they buy at health food stores as food or just supplements. Until they are re-classified it is dangerous to make uneducated purposes as some of the things you can buy are as strong as many modern prescription drugs...or stronger.

Do a lot of research but basically there are many methods to detoxify your body, some are more drastic than others. You can also target specific systems within your body such as the gastro-intestinal tract, lungs, kidneys, liver, skin, gall bladder, etc.

You shouldn't do too much at once...you could try a detoxifying tea coupled with a laxative. Or as a daily detoxifier you could just consume green tea, with vitamin e, and alpha lipoic acid. These are all very effective anti-oxidants that will help yourself out.

Oh, if you try the tea with laxative you'd probably be advised to try it at night. ;) Also, if you begin detoxification the first few days you may start to feel sick...or have other weird sensations, or break out in acne...this is your body reacting to the toxins that you may be purging. I said may because I am not all together sold on how effective some detoxifying methods are, or whether or not they work or are effective. I will give a serious try on myself to see what happens, sorta my own experiment I guess. I'm a firm believer that the body in general can be sufficiently self-regulatory though...given proper diet.

Ka
01-10-2002, 03:38 AM
A Health Centre that I worked at would start everyone on a 3 day program of Watermelon juice rockmelon juice and wheat grass juice,along with yoga breathing exercises.Then they would commence a raw foods deit.However if you are used to a certian deitary lifestlye I would recommend that you edge your way into it.