PDA

View Full Version : Blind Training

red5angel
01-09-2002, 02:57 PM
I saw jose Grados blind fighting on his website and am wondering if anyone has tried training thier sensitivity this way before? If so how successfulk was it?

Slayer
01-09-2002, 04:59 PM
I do use a blind fold. The only draw back is that you might actually punch your training partner in the face when you wanted to pull that punch.

Rogue Slayer

straight blast
01-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Could you post a link to that site? I'd be really interested to have a watch. I realise that it's probably Josegrados.com but if I don't ask it'll probably be josegra12./30897tw0i/klsd.ASK.com or something like that.

Thanks!

Ish
01-10-2002, 05:10 AM
I've practiced chi sau with my eyes closed before, i think it helps your sensitivity a lot. I'd agree with slayer about the hitting people by accident so i try not to go for the head too much, as with most of my chi sau.

red5angel
01-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey straight blast, it is josegrados.com, just go to his media section. ITs one of his demo videos set to music so you get all kinds of other stuff.

I didnt think about hitting someone I guess, doing chi sau blindfolded makes sense though.

BeiKongHui
01-10-2002, 02:18 PM
I practice blind training everyday! ;)

I think Chi Sao blindfolded is kind of a gimmick since it's really pretty easy. Sparring or fighting blind is a different matter. It can be done but you need a training partner whose not afraid to hit or be hit.

harry_the_monk
01-10-2002, 05:23 PM
we don't get to train blind til we get a black sash, but when i do chi-sau i rarely look at what i'm doing, more feel it while looking down almost in a meditative state until strike time:)