PDA

View Full Version : Best Throwing clothing? Need help

Stacey
01-09-2002, 03:24 PM
Hi all, I'm training in throwing. I do kung fu. I was wonder what is the most realistic and durable thing to wear for nhb type sparring. No, I'm not going naked or in a thong.

Im looking for a cheap shaui chiao jacket. Are judo jackets better? Judo seems a little archaic because no one dresses that way anymore. I was thinking about jeans and a jeans jacket, but I'm also looking for cheap and breathable. any ideas?

The "good will" idea crossed my mind, but I don't want something durable and a little more professional.

Water Dragon
01-09-2002, 03:32 PM
We generally throw in t-shirts.

DelicateSound
01-09-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
Hi all, I'm training in throwing. I do kung fu. I was wonder what is the most realistic and durable thing to wear for nhb type sparring. No, I'm not going naked or in a thong.

Im looking for a cheap shaui chiao jacket. Are judo jackets better? Judo seems a little archaic because no one dresses that way anymore. I was thinking about jeans and a jeans jacket, but I'm also looking for cheap and breathable. any ideas?

The "good will" idea crossed my mind, but I don't want something durable and a little more professional.

A bloke in a thong! Eek :eek:

A judogi is the best thing, heavy duty, the best you'll get. A karategi will rip at the seams usually. As for breathable - this is NHB, not a Berghaus adventure hike!

FYI: No-one ever used to dress in Judogi's, even in the 1700's. They are used as they are they offer the best balance between comfort, durability and practicality (lapels to grap etc.)