PDA

View Full Version : MOK GA

mantis7
10-15-2000, 07:24 AM
Greetings all... This is a question I need answered....

Mok ga What is the system based on....

What is its origins..

This goes out to Ross what is CTS connection to it... IF you know this answer please reply thisisnt a flame or to start something I am just doing some research on it......

Victor /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

lkfmdc
10-15-2000, 05:00 PM
Mok Ga is a family system, done by the Mok family. It is short hand, but with a lot of kicking actions. Where did it come from? Sadly, I have no idea. I learned 2 sets from Chan Tai San, who learned it from the Mok family. It is very rare here but not so rare in Canton.

mantis7
10-16-2000, 02:11 PM
OK cool we are getting some where now.... Now how much of the system does CTS know or did know.. also is it related to any of the 5 families.. a lil morew info please....

lkfmdc
10-16-2000, 08:21 PM
Mok is one of the five families (Hung, Mok, Choi, Lei, Lau). Chan Tai San studied traveled around China quite a bit, especially right after the revolution. If he got a chance, he studied a different system. That is how he knows so much stuff. He may not have been able to learn an entire system but he would pick up what he could and it would give him insight into other things he knew. He does not know the entire Mok Ga system, never has claimed he did. I learned 2 sets, wasn't really interested in it actually. But he knew more. Chan Tai San also said it was very much like the Faht Ga he studied and said they were almost interchangable.

mantis7
10-17-2000, 08:22 AM
ok Now who did he teach that system too.... I was wondering I know he passed quite bit of knowledge on to some people and I was wondering did you know who....

thank you for helping me out it is very important. I am trying to get information on the system on how many sets it has and how many weapons sets even though quantity doesnt matter.. I am just trying to get the general outline of the system. Is it related more towards the Hung system or more closely related to the bak mei or dragon.. also is it five animals related?

well thats all for now

Also if you want you could reply directly to me so there will be no flame wars... Vincenight316@aol.com

Thanks in Advance

Victor /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mantis7
10-17-2000, 08:26 AM
ok Now who did he teach that system too.... I was wondering I know he passed quite bit of knowledge on to some people and I was wondering did you know who....

thank you for helping me out it is very important. I am trying to get information on the system on how many sets it has and how many weapons sets even though quantity doesnt matter.. I am just trying to get the general outline of the system. Is it related more towards the Hung system or more closely related to the bak mei or dragon.. also is it five animals related?

well thats all for now

Also if you want you could reply directly to me so there will be no flame wars... Vincenight316@aol.com

Thanks in Advance

Victor /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Shaolin Master
10-19-2000, 02:57 AM
It is more akin to the Hung system,
Yes, in general like others have said..
Basic set : Lien Huan Tui
I will outline others in my Gunagdong Southern Families Post (I have Li Gar and Lau Gar there already)..check southern for those.
Most Guangdong Family (5 above) systems have a 5 animals flavour but none emphasises all.

Til later
regards to all

Shi Chan Long

bean curd
10-21-2000, 08:54 AM
the si-jo of mok gar is mok ching kiu, it is from mok ching kiu that mok gar takes its name.

mok ching kiu lived in the ching dynasty and came from tung koon county, kwantung province.

mok ching kiu was taught by choi kau yee, who was very famous for his kicking skills and speed.

choi kau yee also taught another player, mak shing mo, who with mok ching kiu made the mok gar known and well played in the southern provinces.

there is a variation in the mok ching kiu and mak shing mo's styles.

mok ching kiu has a more straight kicking style, while mak shing mo is more horizontal, the hand work however is very similiar, as is also the dummies used in both variations.

regards

Ben Gash
10-31-2000, 05:29 PM
Check out the Sojourn past website (sorry, can't remember the address), as they teach Mok Gar.

"Weapons are the embodiments of fear,
the wise use them only when they have no choice"
Lao Tzu