PDA

View Full Version : What's is worst? Shotokan karate or Kung fu?

Ralek
01-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Shotokan Karate and Kung fu are both ineffective styles. But which one is the worst? Both styles are generally considered a joke by the martial arts community.

Shotokan karate has a bunch of really dumb training and you do unrealistic attacks such as "reverse" punches while sitting in deep ineffective stances.

Kung fu does alot of the same stuff and has many stances that look more like your taking a shet rather than fighting. Kung fu has also had some major embarrassments in No Holds Barred tournamnets such as the UFC and EFC.

So which style is the ultimate joke of the martial arts and why? Compare and contrast

KC Elbows
01-10-2002, 12:16 PM
I'd say ballet. Not a single ballet practitioner has done well in any NHB competition I am aware of.

Ralek
01-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Both Shotokan and Kung fu have suffered humiliating defeats at the hands of jiujitsu.

Here is a picture of a Shotokan karate red and black belt being defeated by Relson Gracie's daughter who is a 19 year old brazilain jiujitsu blue belt. The Shotokan guy tried to bite her leg to escape but she just broke his arm and he had to open his mouth to scream thus releasing the bite. Humiliating defeat for shotokan.
www.bjj.org/images/Relson/relson04.jpg Click here for the pic.

Kung fu has also had humiliating defeats. This kung fu Red Sash is getting his arm broke by Royce Gracie, a skinny Brazilian jiujitsu fighter. The kung fu guy had to tap out about 15 times before the ref saved him. Huge embarassment for kung fu.
www.bjj.org/images/royce-delucia.jpg Click here for pic.

Chris McKinley
01-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I'd have to say either locking or voguing. Both had champions in their heyday, but neither has done much worth noting since. Fred Barry no longer competes and Madonna is crosstraining in electronica.

BTW, Ralek, kung fu is still not a style. Plus, I felt that this particular troll lacked heart. It didn't have the passion of classic Ralek material. The topic was kind of pre-fab and the tone was off. What's the matter little soldier...you having some cramps today or something? Take a day off and come back strong; we're counting on you.

Jacki
01-10-2002, 12:34 PM
They both suck. Even ballet is better for the street. Kungfu looks like breakdancing and almost as effective.I have defeated karate and kungfu masters with only a few months experience in BJJ.

JKSmith

Colin
01-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Oh! if only Jacki was really a girl.
I'd be able to show her my special "Lohan pounding pussie" technique.
Still i'm sure the thought of it will get ralek off!

C..............

TjD
01-10-2002, 01:02 PM
if she was a girl, you could show her the tony danza (http://www.badassmofo.com/funstuff/donkeypunch1024.jpg)

pardon the crass humor :)

peace
travis

Ralek
01-10-2002, 01:12 PM
If you want to see some really good BJJ no rules challenge matches you should get "Gracie Jiujitsu in Action Part 2"

There are a lot of kung fu guys with decades of training getting destroyed by skinny BJJ fighters.

UFC #2 has a good example of shotokan getting beat down with Finoki Ichihara (spelling).

SanShou Guru
01-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Now if the description of that first clip you posted ralik was;

"Kelli finishing Relson (Gracie) with an armlock. University of Hawaii group class."

Wouldn't that actually mean that it was not a Shotokan karate red and black belt but one of the top Gracies? Good try but you already posted this seminar caption before.

The second picture was an ass whipping but that Kung Fu guy was not very good and Royce was one of the Best ever in UFC, oh and his arm was not broken. Royce was not one to deliberately injure fighters if he could avoid it. He also beat a 350 lbs. BJJ guy in that same UFC I believe. Would that then mean that BJJ is better then BJJ.

BJJ is VERY effective one on one but if I'm up against 2 or more I'll take good stand up and a good pair of running shoes.

African Tiger
01-10-2002, 01:18 PM
is know-nothings who insist on wearing their "ignorance gi" proudly on this board. You must be a 90th degree master in stupid-fool-jitsu by now.

You provided no concrete examples of techniques that don't work from Shotokan or Kung fu, and the only evidence you do provide is clips of your favorite NHB "sporting events". By your own admission, you have never received any formal martial arts training. Where is all this coming from? Jealousy?

Troll away if it makes you feel better.

:D

Ralek
01-10-2002, 01:24 PM
SanShouGuru. Royce did not fight a BJJ guy in that tournament. Royce has never fougth a BJJ guy in the UFC. Your thinking of Remco Pardue a Judo guy. Remco was wearing a GI because he does judo. He was an international Judo Champion who outwieghed Rocye by over 100 pounds. But BJJ is superior so Royce easily choked out Remco. Huge embarrasement for Judo.

EARTH DRAGON
01-10-2002, 01:26 PM
I cant even beleive that I am stooping to the level of responding to you , but my kung fu brother joel sutton won his UFC bouts 6 and 7 with KUNG FU so please it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your ignorant than to open your mouth and prove it!!!!!!!!

Ralek
01-10-2002, 01:27 PM
African Tiger. The only rules in the early UFC's that i've posted were no eyegouging and biting. Everything else was legal. You were allowed to bite someone's nads off or even kill them. JoeSon actually got his balls pounded about 15 times in UFC #4.

And the Gracie Jiujitsu in Action tapes have NO RULES at all. The are challenge matches at the academy and streetfights on the street and beach fights and stuff like that.

African Tiger
01-10-2002, 01:42 PM
again, and then respond.

I didn't ask for UFC bout rules. I said I wanted CONCRETE EXAMPLES from your "god-like knowledge" of all this martial, of why Shotokan and Kung Fu don't work.

Can you do it? Can you provide counters to all Shotokan techniques and Kung Fu attacks? You'd have to know everything there is to know about Shotokan and Kung Fu, and at your age and level of wisdom and maturity, that is impossible.

I have been training for nearly 20 years, and I can only beat what I have seen - either presented to me in point/kickboxing competition, sparring with friends, or in class, or "sometimes" what I have seen in UFC. You base your knowledge on what you've seen on TV and CD Rom, and that doesn't cut it.

Put up or shut up.

SanShou Guru
01-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Oh ok ralik. I'm not a huge fan of UFC so I'll take you word on that bout. Did you see how much Royce was bleeding from that cut he got from his draw during that superfight with Ken Shamrock. Good thing time ran out after 35 minuets.

Oh and there is one very important rule in BJJ matches and UFC. You only have to fight one person at a time.

Ryu
01-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Come on guys, why even respond to this one?
I admit I had a little fun with my judo troll on another thread, but this thread is just dumb. Seriously, imagine for a minute if all of Ralek's posts had "0" by the responses and views.

This thread is retarded. Even for Ralek.

Ryu

Jacki
01-10-2002, 02:08 PM
You just responded DUMMY!

JKSmith

PHILBERT
01-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Ralek, you claimed over at e-budo.com that you trained in Shotokan Karate, AND you dissed Brazilian JuJutsu (check Bad Budo for Rolls).

shaolinsheep
01-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Ralek,if your style works so good like your mouth,then your style must be the best in the world!
I cant believe that you judge over Kung-Fu and Shotukan,allthough you have never practised it.
And your source of wisdom are a few UFC fights?
In think UFC is for fools,because a REAL Martial Artist
would never ever take part of it!

01-10-2002, 02:40 PM
Kung fu is by far "the worst".

That's because Ralek would get stomped so badly by me that he'd end up in the hospital.

There's one place he could beat me, though. Tekken is not my thing - though my brother would beat his butt.

Ralek
01-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Philbert. At e-budo.com i was joking. Look in the Judo section for my thread called "the evolution of japanese grappling"

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-16-2002, 02:33 PM
i would stomp ralek at tekken.

Tora
01-16-2002, 02:35 PM
“Here is a picture of a Shotokan karate red and black belt being defeated by Relson Gracie's daughter”

LMAO!! There is no such thing as a legitimate Shotokan karate red and black belt. Nice try though!

Finoki Ichihara was also not a Shotokan practitioner… strike two! LMAO!! He was a nobody! Run a search on him. The best the UFC could hype him up was “local legend.” He was a patsy!

“Ralek, you claimed over at e-budo.com that you trained in Shotokan Karate, AND you dissed Brazilian JuJutsu (check Bad Budo for Rolls).”
STRIKE THREE!!
At least research your trolls a little bit. That was pathetic.

:D

JF Springer
01-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Yeah Ralek, fukking pu$$y boy posting bull$hit "having fun" after ditching out on the ApO thing. After running your mouth about how you wouldn't be injured no less.

Be very clear on this thing a$$hole: If you waste my time by not showing at the agreed time and place after I rearranged my work schedule to meet your Friday's only cr@p I will post your real name, your real address, your real telephone number and I'm throwing in your real Social Security Number just for $hits and giggles on every forum you've been on. Have a nice day douche bag.

KungFuGuy!
01-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Hahaha.
The 25th is going to be prank call day at my house :D The 26th is going to be ANTRHAX day at ralek's house!

Ralek
01-16-2002, 05:37 PM
JF Springer. I purposly have moved the apoweyn fight till AFTER our fight becuae apoweyn does effective styles.

I'm here to beat up kung fu guys. Apoweyn is not a kung fu guy. I'll fight him anyway but i don't want a fight with him and have him use his effective styles to injure me thus making me miss my fights with the kung fu guys. So i will fight him later.

JF Springer
01-16-2002, 06:50 PM
I purposly have moved ...

>The only thing that moves purposely on you punk is your bowels and even then the flow of $hit runs backwards, namely, out of your mouth.

Brad Souders
01-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Just a question but why do pure BJJ fighters usually get KO'ed against strikers with good takedown defense. Fabio Gurgel probably one of the best pure BJJ fighters of all had a ***** of a time with Jerry Bohlander. Not at a fault of his own but the limits to his style.

bustr
01-16-2002, 09:45 PM
Here's the text that goes with the photo of Relson's daughter.

"Kelli finishing Relson with an armlock.
University of Hawaii group class."

bustr
01-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Here's the text that goes with the photo of Relson's daughter.

"Kelli finishing Relson with an armlock.
University of Hawaii group class."