PDA

View Full Version : The true history of Bagua

[Censored]
01-11-2002, 11:44 AM
The true history of Bagua (http://www.oomyungdoe-nw.com/legendofbagwa.htm)

EARTH DRAGON
01-11-2002, 12:00 PM
That has got to be one of the worst stories of ba gua that I have ever heard. While I am not a true authority in bagua I cannot agree that that story holds and thruth and nothing more than a bedtime story.It is a known fact that bagua history was never wrote nor orally passed down But I am sure that maoshan, sam wiley or braden whould like to have a crack at it..... ahh the inetnet BBBAAAAAAA GGWWWAAAAAAA............. LOL

Chris McKinley
01-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Ha, ha. You fell for the old Iron Kim bullsh*t "re-write history so it shows that the Koreans invented all styles of martial arts" scam. Aluminum Foil Kim's whole existence was foretold by P.T. Barnum. Somebody call Cultbusters.

I hear Bagwa the monk and Iron Kim were caught in a roadside rest station messing around with Flower Fist and Brocade Leg, two trannies who work the local Love's.

dwid
01-11-2002, 12:54 PM
The testamonials are text-book examples of cult programming. There is a picture of a woman in a ridiculous pose with a sword that looks like a machete with a tassel attached. Chung Moo is some weird ****e.

But man, I wish I could have trained with Bagwa himself. He would have given me the skills of a general in a matter of months. Oh what a magic place China once was, lol.

dwid
01-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Hee Hee...

blacktaoist
01-11-2002, 08:04 PM
What Bull$hit False misleading information about BaGuaZhang to put out. People do any thing to get students and make money. He must have seen the Jet Li movie the one, and said to himself BaGuaZhang will be a good way for me to make some money so I make some bull$hit story Up.

Sam Wiley
01-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Not only is that story complete bull****, but it's one of the worst cliche legends I have ever heard. I swear I have heard that story before, and it sounds like it has been taken from another source with the names changed to make a profit.

And what's with the chick with the machete (yes, that's what it is guys)? That's one of the most screwed up postures I have ever seen! And how is she learning a weapon after only one year?

Ugh...what's the name of that metal that melts in your hand? Looks like a cross between aliminum and mercury? That should be the metal in his name. Not Iron. This dude gives me a headache.

GreyMystik
01-11-2002, 09:08 PM
hey sam, what's your email addy? i need to ask you a question real fast :) thanks

Sam Wiley
01-11-2002, 09:10 PM
taiji_boxer@hotmail.com

Didn't there used to be a link on every post for e-mail addresses?

Justa Man
01-11-2002, 09:50 PM
what i find especially entertaining is when i clicked on one woman's testimonial, it said she started her training in june of 2000 and has been training for 6 months. but i take a look at her picture and low and behold, she's sporting a black belt.
this school disses themselves and they don't even know it. :D

Justa Man
01-11-2002, 09:53 PM
she even says
i can even touch my toes and kick above my belt now
oh man, and this chick earned a black belt?!

MonkeySlap Too
01-12-2002, 07:26 AM
The Kim organization is an insidious cult - the leaders of it all just recently were released from prison for tax evasion and fraud - the easiest charges to pin on them.

I grew up in an area that was one of thier strongholds - and as a teenager with only Judo and some 'farmer style' kung fu (nothing sophisticated, hadn't found it yet) pretty much knocked the snot out of these guys when they caused trouble.

The training they do is SO bad, that I once beat up a group of them - yet at the time, I would of been hard pressed to beat up a group of untrained tough guys my own age. Their training ACTUALLY MADE THEM MORE VULNERABLE.

Freaking incredible.

Now that I'm older, and hopefully better trained, I look and shake my head.

There are a few guys on these boards who used to belong, but saw thev escaped the mind control.

Scary stuff.

redfist
01-12-2002, 05:31 PM
any one who falls for the line of b.s.spewed by this "iron" guy i feel sorry for,

it`s followers are easily led around by the nose.

BAI HE
01-12-2002, 07:47 PM
I Seen this flick!!!
BagJob hooks up with the two Droids that have
the secret tape of the Princess.........

Shheettt it's Dtoonie all over again!

Ray Pina
01-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Nice fly kick:rolleyes:

KC Elbows
01-14-2002, 12:01 PM
That flyer was my first introduction to the art of pa kua. Pretty sad, but I'd never heard of much in the way of kung fu. Next, they had us do the boggwa walk, which is circular, completely double-weighted, with the hands facing center in a posture like they have a pole balanced between them. Really bad stuff. They had you inhale on the inside foot, exhale on the outside. Other than that, not much to it.

BTW, she's probably not a black belt. CMQ ranks their people with belts in sections of black, i.e. a first section has one section of black on their belt, 4th has 4, etc. So, it is possible that the woman is not a black belt, although they usually didn't have lower belts working on kom(their name for the broadsword, which was usually a machete looking thing with a tassle, though most of the kom I saw looked like they were cut from a sheet of metal, and were unsharpened).

In short, what you are viewing is not the sh1t, but it is sh1t.

Rory
01-14-2002, 05:18 PM
i took classes there for a year. they claim to know many strange things and always tell impossible tails of John Kim (chung sou nims real name) this link is to the cult awarness network read there stuff its kinda scary to think that this is a martial arts school. some guy did resacrch on iron kim and found that in the 60s he was a jahttp://www.rickross.com/groups/chung.htmlnitor at a university.:mad: :mad:

joedoe
01-14-2002, 06:02 PM
ROTFLMAO! :D :D :D

BAAAAA GWAAAAAAA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

KC Elbows
01-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Rory,
Actually, they used to tell students he was a janitor(which, to my knowledge, is true). Playing the rags to riches story, I'd imagine.

As far as John C Kim being his real name, I doubt that. He was born in Korea, not the U.S.