PDA

View Full Version : training in china

chen zhen
01-11-2002, 11:59 AM
If you are going to china to train chinese martial arts seriously, where would you find the best and most varied schools, Hong kong or Taiwan?

EARTH DRAGON
01-11-2002, 12:12 PM
it really depends on what stlye you are lokking to train, but bewarte that as a n american you will have to prove yourself worthy even though you are paying for lessons you probably wont learn much for the first couple years..... thats just who the chinese are

Zantesuken
01-11-2002, 11:57 PM
not if ur CHINESE american! but then again. o m g. Chinese wushu and American wushu have NO comparison at all! Also Vietnam I heard was REALLY REALLY REALLY good this year.

Anwyays if yousee how good the Beijing team is then you know you're going to have a REALLY hard time cause they train 24/7 constantly. THe team guys get paid to train all day. No school or anything!

shaolinsheep
01-12-2002, 07:29 AM
I can just tell you one thing:

Dont use "training journeys" ,which you can book in a travel agency!
In most cases you dont have contact to the native.
You just practise with your American teacher and other Americans
away from the cloister.
When you really want to get in contact with Chinese martial arts,you have to travel on your own to China and you have to deserve your reception.

And I think Hong Kong would be the best choice,because there in the origin of Kung-Fu,live the best martial artists.

Daniel Madar
01-12-2002, 07:41 AM
If you go to Taiwan, I wouldn't mention to anyone there that you consider it to be part of China.

:)

Wong Ying Home
01-12-2002, 01:50 PM
If you are interested in learnign in Hong Kong, you should contact the Hong Kong Chinese Martial Arts association.

President is Mr Gong Poi Wei
Vice President is Mr Lung Kai Ming

They have an administration dept that can help but the english is poor. Get a freind who speaks and writes good Cantonese to assist you. It may take a while to get a response and you will have to chase. The policy is very open if you go through them and you wont get ripped off.

You can find them on the web, if not post again and I'll put up contact details