PDA

View Full Version : OT:The spider king

NorthernMantis
01-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Has any one seen the trailer?That movie rocks!!Literally:D Yeah I know the Rock is on there but I love Conan type movies!When I was younger I was really into Conan and Red Sonya.

So far I haven't seen any wu shu type of stuff and I love it.Sorry to some of you guys that are into that but it just doesn't fit the setting.I mean would you like to see Conan do an inverted butterfly twist and land into a split.Just good old sword swining fight the bad guys movie.I can't wait till I see it.

I feel tingly thinking about it.:D

red5angel
01-11-2002, 12:40 PM
You mean the Scorpion King right? :)
YEah it looks pretty good, of course I am a big fan of the old Conan movies! And it is rumored that the Rock is going to be in another Conan movie, sort of Son of Conan!

TjD
01-11-2002, 12:59 PM
theres nothing quiet like a good ol flick where the biga$$ed good guy wins to make you feel good! and has to kick a lot of enemy ass to do it!

a movie doesnt need any plot if its got enough fighting :)

peace
travis

red5angel
01-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Actually, I dont think he is a good guy, not at the end anyway! I think his motivation is more about greed! He is after all the same Scorpion King who made a deal with anubis to use his army to take over Egypt, as told in the mummy 2 anyway.

dwid
01-11-2002, 01:06 PM
TjD - That's hilarious

TjD
01-11-2002, 01:10 PM
red5angel:

less plot more fighting! :)

peace
trav

NorthernMantis
01-11-2002, 01:12 PM
ROFLOL

Can't believe I made such a mistake.Thanks for correcting me red5angel.:o

In a Conan movie?It would be cool if he starred along with Conan himself.

red5angel
01-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey no problem NorthernMantis, my wife bought the Mummy 2 and the preview is on the dvd, I got pumped! I love cheesy fighting movies! Tha Conans rocked, and from what I understand, The rock is supposed to be playing Conans son in the next one, with Arnold making an appearence!

Actually I may start my own style, Conan style with techniques such as the "Swing arm, break something" technique and the "Swing sword, cut something" techniique.
Also the super secret deadly technique "Punching Camel"

Training will be tough, it will mostly consist of pushing large rotating things for apparently no purpose - "But ConanSifu, why must I push this thing?" "Ah Young one, for everything there is a purpose"
Lots of being tied up and beaten to within an inch of your life. also, to finally pass the system, an ConanFu Player must "steal the Horn From Sifu" a combat game in which the student must fight for his life while trying to pull a large ivory horn that has been velcroed to ahelmet on Sifus head.