PDA

View Full Version : Takemusu aiki, the spontaneous execution of limitless techniques

shaolinboxer
01-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Is this the goal of all martial arts?

Is it really possible?

If someone acheives this level, then how can they decide which techiniques to include in the "style" they will use to tranmit this concept?

MightyB
01-11-2002, 01:48 PM
At that point, there is no "style".

shaolinboxer
01-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Right, at that point there is no style. But, masters of this calibur create styles inorder to have their discoveries be transmitable.

So, if I can create infinite techniques (which are real not "techniques") how can I chose "techniques" that embody the steps necessary to reach this ultimate truth?

MightyB
01-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Heck, I don't know and I'll doubt you'll find anybody here that can answer that question.

I don't think that martial arts styles are the creation of any one person. I think that they are based on a particular philosophy of combat that has been applied over time by many people.

A style would be years of martial experiences and techniques of many people over time. The moves that worked were learned and catalogued and passed on. Individuals would then come up with a new philosophy or mindset and filter through those moves to find techniques which were applicable to their philosophy. That would then become a style which could be passed on.

Many years pass and the styles become more specialized. You learn a particular style. You then master it and look to broaden your range of techniques. You then realize that you can use all techniques and transcend your original style. That's when you begin to experience takemusu aiki.