PDA

View Full Version : ****o-ruy

Leech
01-12-2002, 03:31 AM
Whats this like,I havent found any info on it anywhere!I heard that its called "the original okinawan karate".:confused: :confused: :confused: By the way its s-h-i-t-o ruy karate.:o :)

Leonidas
01-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Naw man. Thats totally uncorrect. Karates history is way too long for me to post it here but the original forms of Karate were Shorin Ryu, Goju-Ryu an Uechi Ryu.

phantom
01-14-2002, 05:52 PM
****o-ryu is a japanese karate style, not okinawan. Some refer to it as a sister style to shotokan, and it is very similiar. I studied it for four years, and still did not feel that I could defend myself very well.However, the school I went to was very competition oriented, so perhaps that is why what I learned was ineffective. It seems to me that the vast majority of karate schools here in the United States are very sport oriented, although there are some schools that teach it as it applies to self-defense situations. They sure seem to be few and far between though. Peace.:D

Leech
01-15-2002, 06:25 AM
I shall thank you for your anserws,my friends.May the peace walk with you too.:cool: