PDA

View Full Version : Natural Protein Drink

DelicateSound
01-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Creatine: Some swear by it, some are sceptical.

As it's full of sh!tty chemicals, I'm in the latter category. However, protein is important in muscle building. So, for all you people out there I'm posting this natural protein shake I found:

*1 handful of ice cubes
*3/4 cup of powdered egg
*3/4 cup vanilla soya milk
*1 cup frozen strawberries
*1/2 banana
*1/2 cup cranberry juice

Put all in a blender with a tight lid. Blend.

25g of high quality egg and soya protein, and just 5g of fat. Plus vitamin C, fibre etc. It's natural, so it'll be absorbed better.

BTW: This is from a Men's lifestyle mag. If the editor is reading this and thinking of sueing me, my name is Josh, and I usually post under the name of Ralek. JFS'll give you my details.

Paul
01-12-2002, 03:22 PM
creatine is something which is naturally created by your body and ingested when you eat certain foods. It's not some crazy chemical. By taking extra you are just upping your bodies level of creatine.

DelicateSound
01-13-2002, 08:13 AM
Here we go..... :D

I am FULLY AWARE that Creatine is a natural substance, the problem is that an abnormal balance of specific substances in the body is a major problem. Protein comes in many forms, not just Creatine.

Furthermore, the chemical balance of the product is engineered so that it is absorbed into the bloodstream within the recommended time (in proximity to your workout). To achieve this correctly there are many [un-natural] substances that are designed to alter the bodies intake of the protein. Many of these are not naturally occuring, and there are certain circles of the medical industry that believe some of them are carcinogens.

If you like, I can argue this all day. I was, however, hoping that someone would like my milkshake.......

hughes
01-13-2002, 10:12 AM
I like it, its bananarific!

Paul
01-13-2002, 03:00 PM
I would just like to mention that creatine is NOT protein.

I like creatine, I've used it in the past and I'm all doped up on it now. Some people may not like to use it. That's their decision.

I like your milkshake, but don't be dissin on creatine ******. :)

Paul
01-13-2002, 03:02 PM
duplicate post.

DelicateSound
01-13-2002, 03:55 PM
I suppose. Maybe I'm just a sceptic.

ElPietro
01-13-2002, 04:59 PM
DelicateSound...please try doing a bit of research before you make foolish statements as you have in this thread. Nothing you have said is close to the truth and the only thing of substance you have posted is a shake from a magazine that has very little substance as far as men's health is concerned. That shake isn't what I'd recommend, and being natural has nothing to do with absorption rates. Thanks for the effort, please try again.

Qi dup
01-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Looks like a good shake DS! I really don't have powdered eggs, I guess i'll have to shop around. For the record I was stuck on 5 low slow steady dips, and then I took a small amount of creatine for two days and I could do 8. It still feels just as hard to do the excersises, but your muscles just keep going. But it may be bad for you, I don't know. I guess i picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue. Hope i can find some powdered eggs!

Xebsball
01-14-2002, 08:59 PM
I heard that a good source of protein that is very natural is...

a white fluid that comes out from...

down your pants

cagey_vet
01-16-2002, 02:03 PM
ok, first of all, look at my previous posts so you
can see that i am not just some silly kid posting
nonsense....

now that you are back:

i am 6 feet tall and weigh 160.
for years i lifted weights on and off, so
last year i decided to hit it again and
try this thing called creatine at the same
time.
in 6 months time, i gained 20 pounds, up
from 150. its WAY hard to put muscle on
me. i cycled off and stopped lifting to train
in REAL martial arts stuff, primarily to get
my rank promotion.
so i lost 10 pounds, but now i am centered at

thats my testimony. it worked for me.
now at the same time i was doing the protein
drink thing too, but i always did that for weight
training anyways and gained with usually
crummy results. the creatine i used i cant find
anymore :( it was the cyber-tek stuff or whatever.
orange/citrus flavored. tasted good, and i followed
directions closely! so i say it worked in my case.
either that, or i really figured out how to isolate
my musculature and concentrate on the movements
that time around. *shrug*

anyways, on to more martial arts related discussion.

i didnt train weights to get more martial arts strength.
i found that alignment helps with that more than overall
external strength. i will never be mike tysons size, right?
my bones simply wont allow that. however, eventually
through efficient mechanics and body alignment, i should theoretically be able to generate as much square inch
punch power. so why should i gain so much weight just
to hit hard. :P~

i did it because i felt skinny, and kinda wimpy looking
and i thought it held me back from meeting girls ;)

OK stop laughing.
i probably lost all your respect right there ;)

ElPietro
01-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Haha...cagey_vet funny post... :D

I don't know what you were defending yourself from but whatever, that's cool...

Just as a little background on creatine, it is produced by your body generally at a rate of 1g per day given a normal diet. When you supplement with more creatine your muscles become saturated with it and one of the results is water intake into the muscle cell which obviously causes cell volumization. Creatine isn't my best topic as I haven't done much research on it. I'm not sure if the cell volumization has much to do with the changes. But creatine converts into I think the spelling is creatinephosphygen, which can replace ATP. ATP is basically the magical substance in your muscles that help them lift. So with creatine you may not be able to lift bigger weight but you can lift the same weight more times...because you have more fuel available, which as a result will allow you to work harder and recover faster.

I hope that helps...I just started to use it today so I can give you first hand results as they come...although I've changed my lifting routine so it may be hard to attribute changes to adding this supp or not.

Oh and the point on your body stopping it's own creatine producting is BS many of the tests shown on creatine and it's negative effects are old, inaccurate and were performed on rats. Tests on human subjects have shown drastic differences.