PDA

View Full Version : choy lay fut 's tiger claw

RAIN
01-12-2002, 01:38 PM
in hung gar the tiger claw technique in the face ( fu jao ) is finish with a litlle aplication of the fingers to push dawn the head .
i see the choy lay fut 's tiger claw more direct that the one in hung gar . this technique search the same objetive or is only a palm strike ?

in the form siu muy fah kuen there is a finger jow technique ( a attack with 2 fingers ) is this a animal technique ?

Fu-Pow
01-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Rain-

The application is basically the same it is just that CLF is more of a long fist style.

The finger jab is considered to be a snake technique like a snake's tongue.

CLFNole
01-12-2002, 08:21 PM
The CLF Fu Jow (Tiger Claw) can be used in two ways:

1) When you are shorter or of similar height to your opponent you drive upward using the palm first and then rake downward with the claw.

2) When you are taller than your opponent it is used in a downward raking claw like motion.

3) A third way is not like a tiger claw but an upward palm, grab of the hair and then pulling the hair out with the right hand while pressing down with a cum jeurng with the left hand.

The finger jab is referred to as lok cui and is used in combination with the forearm blocking and the figers jabbing the eyes. When teaching this to students I would tell to think of it like a snake spitting out its tongue.

Peace/

TenTigers
01-12-2002, 11:59 PM
In Hung-Ga, there are many applications of the Tiger Claw. There is an upward palm, upward palm followed by a raking, just raking, grabbing, squeezing, downward palm, dotting with the fingers,grabbing, and ripping,(catch/clutch and tear)grabbinglocks, outer and inner fook sao (cat washing its face) I am sure CLF utilizes fu-jow the same way, they are brother arts.

anton
01-13-2002, 05:49 PM
I was told you can also use it as a feint (a nice loud "wah" comes in handy for this purpose as well :) )