PDA

View Full Version : How powerlful is CHOW LAY FUT?

Rafael Chan
10-24-2000, 04:40 AM
Hi, I'm a dutch guy, practising Choy Li Fat now.

Before i kickboxed for 6 years. CLF is even harder if you compare training!!! My sifu is an old chinese, and can barely speak chinese, but the things he can do are way too impressive to believe if you haven't seen it with your own eyes.

And this 60 year old man is now my sifu, but still i have lot's of questions because of the language barriere..and because i can't seem to find a lot of information about this type of kung fu. What i've found so far is that it's one of the fewest most complete forms existing in KF.

My question? How many types of CLF are there and what are there names???

A very curious dutch dude. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

josh nyce
10-24-2000, 05:07 AM
Go to my schools web site at http://www.Leekoonhungkungfu.com
There is some info that might help you.

Rafael Chan
10-24-2000, 05:45 AM
thnx, but i still don't know howmany types of CLF there are.
The one I'm doing is called Tow Pigh (i guess you write it like this in english)

Another CLF-lover /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Reima Kostaja
10-24-2000, 10:08 AM
Chow Lay Fut is not very powerful if compared to high level arts such as Tae Bo. Unfortunately good Tae Bo masters or even instructors are hard to find, so I guess you should stick to Chow Lay Fut.

CLFNole
10-24-2000, 03:36 PM
As far as I know there is the original family style created by Chan Heung, Hung Sing Choy Lay Fut (created by Jeung Hung Sing a.k.a Jeung Yim), Buk Sing Choy Lay Fut (created by Tam Sam.

I have practised choy lay fut for close to ten years and the name you mention is quite foreign to me.

Hope this helps.

Rafael Chan
10-24-2000, 11:40 PM
That's what i've found out, the only two main types are buck sing (short form of CLF) and from the original family.
My sifu said there are 5 main types of CLF, from which buck sing is the newest. Anyway, no one seems to know tao pai (pron.Tow Pigh)
Thanx anyway for the info CLF nole.

Where are you studying CLF, and do you find it effective? Have you fought with other KF artists?
I've done two forms now, and one stick form.

And about the Tae Bo, i'm not even going to respond to that

/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

premier
10-24-2000, 11:41 PM
Kukas sä oot? =) nimes kuulostaa epäilyttävän suomalaiselta

josh nyce
10-25-2000, 05:02 AM
Hey Lance, if you get this....HURRICANES RULE!
ah hem, anyways....see ya in class

Gwa Sow Chop
10-25-2000, 05:32 PM
Hello:
The style you do.....doe Pai, is not clf. It is a combination of clf and white crane (possibly also hung gar) and was invented by Chan Dao. The style has (I believe) 14 sets.
Some clf schools also do doe pai in their cirriculum......see hung luck kwoon in Toronto
http://www.hongluck.org./welcome.htm