PDA

View Full Version : Last night - my first fight

Mr. Nemo
01-13-2002, 12:45 PM
I was hoping I'd never be in a "streetfight", though on the inside I've always curious as to how I would do. Well, now I know.

It's spring rush season around here, and last night one of the fraternities had a party, and signed some band (I never found out which). I went with my roommate and a couple of friends. We were standing next to a pool table, just talking and waiting for people to show up, when three guys come walking through the door. One of them looks in my direction and says "It's f.ucking Chris!" (He might've said "It's f.ucking Nick!", too, I didn't hear him clearly), and starts walking towards me.

Now, my name is neither Chris nor Nick, so I figured Chris/Nick was behind me, so I got out of the way to let him pass, but instead he came right for me. Suddenly, he grabs my shirt with his left hand and ****s back his right hand like he's gonna throw a big haymaker-style punch. I put my hands up, shrugged up my shoulders and the punch hit either my shoulder or the top of my head. I think it kind of glanced off, because it didn't hurt at all and I don't have a bruise or anything now.

He ****ed his arm back to hit me again, and I figured I better hit back, so I threw a left-right combination. Both punches hit cleanly, the first one hit him in the cheek and the second one hit just below the ear as he turned his head away. The second one knocked him down, and I think it knocked him out, too. In any case, he was on the ground, and he didn't move for a few seconds, though I'm not sure if he was unconcious or not.

His friends had tried to grab him just as he was going after me, and they helped him up now, and I was getting worried. But one of them said to him "Dude, that's not him" and the other one told me "He's drunk". Apparently getting hit had sobered him up some, though, because he was really embarassed and even apologized to me, telling me he thought I was someone else. I didn't know what I was supposed to do in this situation, so I asked him if he needed some ice or anything (this was all really awkward). He said he was fine, and they went in another room, and I just decided to leave.

This whole thing, from them showing up to the punches to the talking and me leaving, took maybe a minute and a half. It was all really weird. Everyone in the room was staring at us, the three guys were all really embarassed, and so was I.

I walked back to my apartment building, and though I didn't shake, I felt kind of unsteady and "hollow" - I can't describe what hollow is, but I felt hollow somehow. I remember the whole thing really clearly, I even remember exactly where my punches hit.

All in all, this whole thing could've turned out a whole lot worse - none of the guys were mad, none of them looked like they would hold a grudge or anything, and I don't think anyone really got hurt - the guy I hit will probably have a couple bruises, but I didn't hit him in the nose, eye, or mouth, so he should be all right. He seemed fine after he got up. I'm fine too, after feeling my head while I was writing this, I realize I do have kind of a tender spot on the left side of the top of my head, towards the back, and there's a little bump, but it doesn't hurt unless I press on it.

Anyway, that's my story. I got in a street fight (though it was really a "house fight") last night. Only 599 more and I'll be like Rickson Gracie.

shinwa
01-13-2002, 12:57 PM
lol @ the Rickson Gracie comment. Glad you didn't hurt him too bad. Good job.

Budokan
01-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Rude drunks should always be pounded into the dirt--just on general principle. You did good work.

Qi dup
01-13-2002, 01:11 PM
That's a cool story Nemo! I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. How do you feel now? Last time I was involved with a fight I was 17 and it was pretty out of control and everything just fell apart. I was kind of shoockin up after the whole thing that night. But I think just getting that 'first time' fear off my chest really helped. Now i just feel that much more prepaired and a lot less nervous. Did you get any sort of 'sinking felling' or did it all feel pretty in control? I'm glad no one was hurt and everyone walked away! I raise my pint to yah!

guohuen
01-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Well done Mr. Nemo!

Kristoffer
01-13-2002, 01:38 PM
nice job nemo

Rude drunks should always be pounded into the dirt--just on general principle.
that is poetry Budokan, true poetry..

DelicateSound
01-13-2002, 02:11 PM
Drunk people really p!ss me off. On New Years Eve I ended up at a house party at about 2.30 am. I'd been clubbing beforehand but I was stone-cold sober in comparison to everyone else there.

After about 15 minutes I walked into the kitchen to get a beer, and my mate is arguing with her boyfriend. He's being a real d!ck weed and bawling at her, so I took him into the front room to cool off and to calm him down.

All was OK, and he was moaning to me about her. I put my beer on a table and turned back to face him and he swung for me. He kind of swung down, hitting my chin and chest with the bottom of his hand. It didn't hurt, but I was REALLY p!ssed off, as he's a good mate. He went to hit me again [same hand], so I blocked his arm against the wall with my left hand and struck him in the solar plexus with a kind of phoenix eye strike. As he doubled up I grabbed his collar and got him in a choke with his shirt, until about four people including his missus pulled me off him.

Afterwards, I felt all kind of hollow too, not scared [I've been in much worse], just shocked that a good mate would swing for me, and that I'd have no qualms about choking his brains out.

I still can't work out why he hit me. Drink does crazy sh!t to some people.

Mr. Nemo
01-13-2002, 02:45 PM
It all happened so fast that I didn't really have time to get nervous. I didn't really have anything like a "sinking" feeling, overall I didn't seem to feel anything. It was the same way when I had my car accident, I felt like I should be shaking, but I wasn't.

I guess I'm just a stone cold mother****er, huh?

DelicateSound
01-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Same her, it was only afterwards I got stressed. More psychological cause he's [was] a good mate.

The actual conflict I was OK in, I was in control and knew I could take him down at any time.

Car accident? You are a cold motherf*cker!!! :D

IronFist
01-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Glad you're alright, dude. Frats are gay.

Iron

Nexus
01-13-2002, 04:57 PM
At least you didnt' have to use "the force."

BAI HE
01-13-2002, 04:58 PM
Frats are gay.
- Ironfist

LOFL! Greg Marmalade sucks!

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 05:01 PM
ahrm ahrm....so you want to hear about a fight story from a girl???

this was YEARS ago andi was only umm a yellow belt in taekwondo, but i knew some stuff, off televison and books mainly that i had practised.

Well (HEY! keep yours eyes over here!! its not that boring, so focus), yes, well, my cousin was bestfriends with this girl. This girl was at the same school as me (i was in year 8 at the time i think), but all three of us went to saturady school (that really sucked). so this was really one of the few chances that my cous and i got to see eachother, considering our families had sort of grown apart. And then this girl, got the sh1ts, cos she thought that i was trying to steal her bestfriend away from her. yeah right like i didnt have enough besfriends, i was gonna steal my cousin. what a joke.

Anyway, then one day, out of the blue, she charges across the room in schol and declares to fight me during luch on the oval in front of everyone. I thought shewas joking so i started to laugh. he stared at me was dead serious. i said to her sorry, i dont like fighting. She wouldnt give up. Then I told her to **** off. One thing I hate is those ****y cat fights that girls have. yuk! not my style of fighting at al!!

anyway, lunch came, and the oval was packed with students wanting to catch a good fight. I walked over and said, im telling you for the second time tat this s just ridiculous and i wont fight. I wont be someone im not. BUT she insisted. Then i said, for THE THIRD time, dont fight peoiple that are younger then me, (trying everything in my books- i thought that she was younger by about a year but she was taller than me...funny stuff), it turns out we were the same age.

Anyway (keep those eyes open!!) she then out of nowhere shoved me really hard and to my disbelief i fell to the ground:eek:
So I get back up, and the ENTIRE cshool is watching, and i get up and and give her a massie push kick just above the chest and shove a few metres in the air. She falls, gets up, runs back and trys something else, so i stop her and give her a turning kick ..real hard...behind the knee and she falls again, this time in pain. I walk off and everyone cheers. I t was SOOOOOOO STUPID and she was hopeless, didnt have a clue about fighting. it was over in minutes.

She came back later and apologised for being wrong. I said sorry i kicked your arse. Yeah thats that. thanx for listeneing.

:rolleyes:
Tae Li;)

p. excuse the typos..there is plenty of them im sure, but im in a hurry.

prana
01-13-2002, 05:38 PM
Mr Nemo.

Mate I dont know you so well, but have new found respect for ya ! IMO you handled the situation real well. :cool:

Tae Li.

spicy stuff :D

straight blast
01-13-2002, 06:10 PM
Congrats on sensible use of your training! I'm sure a few people I know would have then proceeded to go for a ground 'n' pound and put the goit in hospital.
That hollow feeling after a fight I think has something to do with coming down from an adrenaline rush, or something like that. I have a much worse reaction.

I get the smegging giggles .

I laugh so hard that I almost cry. This looks really bad when you send somebody bleeding to the floor and then double over laughing with tears running down your face. And then for the rest of the night/day you just can't stop giggling.

It is really embarrassing. I sometimes wish that I had a different reaction to it...:(

Daniel Madar
01-13-2002, 07:58 PM
I agree. That hollow feeling is definitely the adrenaline going away. Adrenaline... Yum.

Xebsball
01-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Tae Li...

CAT FIGHT!!!
CAT FIGHT!!!

I wish i was there...

LOL

Tae Li
01-13-2002, 09:45 PM
It was NOT cat fight!!! not even close.:p

Tae Li;)

Gigante
01-14-2002, 02:52 AM
Mr. Nemo, did you write p.u.l.l.s and p.u.l.l.e.d in your first post? Does this software censor those words? WHY ???
I have to try it... pull pull pull.....

dezhen2001
01-14-2002, 05:20 AM
these are some good posts guys......mr. nemo - good one mate :)

Saying as everyone is 'sharing', maybe it's my turn...'my name is david and i'm an alkaholik :D ' (not really).

Well, my story is a bit different. I've been involved in a few scuffles in clubs and things, and survived, but the scariest thing was when i got mugged last september. I can also remember everything so clearly:

I was walking back form having dinner with a mate, just round the corner from my Halls building (actually at the side of my building). I was walking along a path, and heard a rustling noise form the bushes beside me to the right. I looked round, and this scary ass black dude just reached out, and pukked me to tground! I remember i had my right leg forward (as i was walking) and was totally off balance. I managed to hit him in the groin on the way down, and heard a 'clang' noise, like something metal in his waist...the thing was, it had no effect! :eek:

Well, i managed to land with my back on the ground (my old aikido breakfall was useful after all), and i remember him leaning over me, with his right hand holding me down by the throat. I totally froze and didn't know what to do, but i can remember my mind being really clear and calm. I even remember thinking to myself 'I'm really getting mugged!', which is kinda strange.The guy was trying to strangle me a bit, but couldn't really (all that harsh hard qigong breathing has made my neck muscles stronger i think :D), and was reaching in to my trouser pocket with his other hand. I remember him saying he would knife me, so of course there's no point in risking my life for a wallet (i'm a poor student with no cash anyway - so his bad luck!)

I remember bringing my hands up to protect my centreline and face (incase he wanted to hit me), then i remember locking my legs around his waist. I don't really know why i did that? dunno if it was a stupid thing to do or not? Then i grabbed his arm, and pulled myself a bit off the ground, so he was leaning over and supporting all my weight. That made him stumble a bit, and he fell over. I managed to roll out the way, and then he managed to grab my wallet (which had fallen out by then) and run away. so that's it. Our struggle lasted about a minute or so i think? There was no one around either, which is kinda crap.

The thing i remember is him running away and hobbling a bit - from my kick :D so at least i gave him something to remember me by!

Afterwards though, i was all kinda cold and numb. The police came round (as is the norm when something happens on campus) and i remember talking like crazy - even telling them it's because i was in shock! I had a little bit of the shakes as well, but could control them (i'm first aid trained so know the symptoms). But after they had gone, i remember feeling kinda 'empty', and just thinking d a m n! that coulda been much worse, and i couldn't have really done a thing about it!

All i could really think about was calling my gf to let her know i was ok. Kinda wussie, but there ya go :p
So it really just left me wondering why i froze at that time, as i have never before, and all the usual stuuf - what could i have done etc.

Anyway, sorry to bore u all :p

david

scotty1
01-14-2002, 05:36 AM
Cool stories.
Mr Nemo - wel done for your use of restraint.
Tae Li and David - why would you think your true life stories are boring?

The only thing I know about frat boys is what I've seen in films like Scream and stuff like that. Are they really like that? They are according to Iron...

dezhen2001
01-14-2002, 06:03 AM
not boring - just some of the guys here appear to be baddazz fightin' machines, and my experiences are really non-existent.

Also my post was a quite long...hopefully there was some content though :p

david

Radhnoti
01-14-2002, 10:37 AM
I think he C-O-C-K-E-D his fist back, not pulled. I think the board objects to the word ****.
There! See!?! ;)

norther practitioner
01-14-2002, 11:22 AM
yeah, well my stories are not as good as dez, I just get into minor altercations with a bunch of drunks at the clubs. We go clubbing all the time and have a small crew of us that pop and break. People walk into the circles all the time, not usually a big deal but Saturday the dude grabbed me, not something I was really chill with. I asked him (politely I might add) to let go of me. He let go (of my lower rib area) and went for my face. Well needless to say the dude ended up on the floor (palm under the jaw, step/trip kick). I didn't want to fight the dude as we are at the clubs all the time and I am friends with all the bouncers and bartenders. I don't want to put them in a position as to have to kick me out. So the fight was lame...(but this is one of the reasons I really like studying MA, you don't need to throw like a million strikes) but the dude got picked up by myself and a bouncer and brought outside. He refused to leave, him and his girlfriend both got arrested for tresspassing (The really funny part)

Qi dup
01-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Lots of good stories everyone! I never really thought of that empty feeling as the end of an adrenaline rush, but it kinda makes sense.

norther practitioner: Cool story! It's a good point you bring up about being a martail artist and having more options than to just throw punch after punch. Which club was that at, the chruch? I hope you don't mind my asking I'm just excited to see someone else from Co. on here. Where/what do you train?

shaolinboxer
01-14-2002, 02:42 PM
Sorry you got into a fight. Hope it's the last.

dezhen2001
01-14-2002, 02:44 PM
i've been involved in a few scuffles in clubs and things myself. I handled myself ok, but when i was mugged, it was completely by surprise, and the guys attitude was completely different......not so much the 'were u looking at my burd - i'll kick **** out of you' drunken bravado, more 'i'm really gonna cut u up if u don't give me ur wallet!' from a cold bloded maniac.

I guess i just freaked out and was afraid :p

david