PDA

View Full Version : Wing chun and other Internal M.A

dre_doggX
01-13-2002, 01:46 PM
I do like Wing CHun but I dont wont to miss out on any on the abilities and indepth knowledge other internal martial arts like Xing Yi quan has to offer. You think Wing chun is as good as Xing Yi in the indepth knowledges qi, yi and shen.

I guess what I want to know is Iam a better off just borrowing internal conspects form other styles and using them within Win Chun???
are they enough teachers out there in Wing Chun how have a good knowledges of internal kungfu

yuanfen
01-13-2002, 02:41 PM
If you dont like wing chun why not just go away....

Jeff Liboiron
01-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Exactly, if you don't like wing chun, leave.

If you wanna do an internal art, then go ahead, just don't be a troll.

DelicateSound
01-13-2002, 03:00 PM
What a nice reception

yuanfen
01-13-2002, 03:50 PM
When someone busts through the door announcing they dont like the place, what do you expect?

chessGMwannabe
01-13-2002, 07:27 PM
. . . to find out the character of wing chun practitioners. if they let themselves get all bent up just because someone was rude to them first by showing no respect for what they love. but to be honest I wouldn't mind if they left :)

dre_doggX
01-13-2002, 07:43 PM
I do like Wing Chun it was just a typo sorry. I fixed it.
I can believe I wrote that(on accident) next time I'll preview.

Sihing73
01-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Hello,

There are some who would argue that Wing Chun is a complete system containing Internal Aspects. Of course finding someone to teach that or be able to demonstrate it may be another thing. Of course the same can be said of the so called internal arts as well. Tai Chi is a wonder fighting art yet most can not use it as so. It is not the art which is lacking but those practicing the art.

Peace,

Dave

Sam
01-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Try James Cama Sifu: www.buddhapalm.com
Fut Sao Gu Yee Chaun Wing Chun contains Hei/Nei Gung and special breathing techniques as well as soft loose hands and whole body vibrating, issuing fa ging.

dre_doggX
01-13-2002, 09:13 PM
Thanks I think I will just study what is good in both Tai chi and Wing CHun

Tongue_of_Colibob
01-13-2002, 10:01 PM
If it's internal Wing Chun your looking for why not try a hand in Yuen Kay San or Pan Nam Wing Chun?

yuanfen
01-14-2002, 01:30 AM
dre_doggX

You are still in HS per your profile- a good time to find the best kung fu teacher you can find. If he happens to be a wing chun person and you stick with wing chun, the internal will come to you.
.....once you develop proper structure and motion. I have found that to be the case myself. A good hsing I instructor is better than a bad wing chun instructor. Same the other way around. Visit schools, read and consult good kung fu people of differnt persuasions. The initial search is an important part of the journey.Mixing several arts at the beginning can be confusing. Sorry that miscommunication occurred with your first post. Good wishes. Feel free to ask off list advice if I can help.

www.azwingchun.com

reneritchie
01-14-2002, 08:47 AM
Wing Chun wa developed outside the "internal/external" classifications come up with further north, and IMHO, we're just fine without them. Typically, in the South, the terms used were not the same either, not the Qi/Yi/Shen (Hei/Yee/Sam) of Beijing scholars (to paint broadly with a narrow brush ;), or Neijia collection of disparate but jointly-practiced (by some) systems.

In WCK, they did speak of Yee (Intent), of Hei (Breath/Essance), of Noigung (Neigong, Internal Work) and Ngoigung (Waigong, External Work). Of Yao (Rou, Softness) and Sung (Song, Relaxation). But WCK also talks of Jung (Center) and avoiding extremes, of Yum Yeung (Yin Yang) and Leung Yee (Liang Yi) and balancing the approach. Even in legend, the system was said to derive from both Buddhist (external, having come from outside China), and Taoist (internal, having been developed inside China), sources.

So, while some may think Internal is a label to seek or a tag line to use, I think WCK does just fine with WCK.

Rgds,

RR

Tom Kagan
01-14-2002, 04:33 PM
So, while some may think Internal is a label to seek or a tag line to use, I think WCK does just fine with WCK.

... until one ponders the others that don't use "WCK" to describe Ving Tsun Paai Kung Fu or still others who "tag" it with a different name entirely.

:p

whippinghand
01-14-2002, 10:34 PM
Your sifu has taught you well, Tom.

mun hung
01-15-2002, 03:16 AM
I wish some of them would use a different name.

reneritchie
01-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey Tom,

Even if I could post in Chinese characters, if I used "chant", Chan Yiu-Min, Pan Nam, Chu Chong-Man, etc. lineages might feel excluded by the added "talk" root. You just can't win. 8P

wingchunalex
01-27-2002, 12:22 AM
tai chi is the best of the internal styles for developing chi. wing chun is a good direct art, it works. my sifu's sifu taugh tai chi ba gua and hsing i along with wing chun. he saw that if you put a wing chun person with six months experiece agaist a tai chi or bagau person with 2 years experiece, the wing chun person would wing in sparring. my sifu went on to learn tai chi after he learned wing chun to have a balanced perspective in the martial arts. so i recommend adding learning tai chi.

sanchezero
01-27-2002, 12:31 AM
I dunno...

From what .little. I understand about Taiji, bagua, etc that sh!ts pretty complex. I find that the more I study vingtsun the more complex it gets, even as simple as it is. :)

I'm probably just being a stick in the mud, but don't they sorta step on each others toes? And do you feel you can gain proficiency in two disparate styles while simul-training?

I've always been fascinated by the idea of taiji, but the few people I've played hands with were total pansies. I know thats not always the case, but...

And chi sao v push hands. What a HUGE difference, eh?

Just curious, as yer prof mentions a decent bit o'time in each...:)