PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar Five Elements

xingyiman
10-25-2000, 05:31 PM
What are the moves/fighting applications for Hung Gar's Five Elements forms?? Does each Element form overcome another Element form(via the destruction cycle of the Five elements) like in Hsing-I Chuan(Xingyiquan)?? I hope to get a good discussion on this.

doug maverick
10-28-2000, 09:06 PM
your theory is sound, but i don't think the form is about each element overcoming the other like hsing yi, you must remmeber that hsing yi is a soft/hard style while hung ga all do stressing internal power is generally a hard style so the form is based on the out wordly apperence of the elements and it does have internal techniques but it stresses oness with the elements not one over coming the other but thats just how i see others my see it defferent.
anyway check out my site for more on th form
URL:http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/shrine/1334/hunggar.html
it's under sup ying kue

illusionfist
10-28-2000, 11:11 PM
One thing to take into consideration is the linking energies between the elements and the animals. As you progress in hung gar forms, the internal element reveals itself more and more, and this should be taken into consideration when examining the elements (and also the animals).

Another thing to note with hsing i (as it is done in most lineages), the elements are not performed in the creation/conquest fashion, they are performed in the order of simplicity and neccessity (as is seen in the linking sequence). In that i mean the element that procedes is the one that will most likely fit the next situation. This is also the method that is taken with the hung gar elements.

Keep in mind that this is not a universal law and some lineages of both systems do perform it differently. The above is just an example of how the techniques are played in most lineages.

Peace out /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by illusionfist on 10-29-00 at 04:16 PM.]