PDA

View Full Version : Cinnibar Palm

Pakmei
01-15-2002, 05:19 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone in here heard of the 'Cinnibar Palm' technique?

I believe that it is a Shaolin skill that was developed by the monks to be able to counter the Shaolin Iron Shirt.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone else knows any more information regarding the cinnibar palm.

I'm currently studying Shaolin Nei Jin 'Qi Gong' otherwise known as the Shaolin Iron Shirt @ college as part of my Acupuncture and Tui Na degree course.

My Qi Gong instructor @ the college mentioned about the cinnibar palm but never actually went into it very deeply.

So if anyone out there knows of some information that they want to share.... then please feel free to post your answer.

Cheers guys

Dave

PlasticSquirrel
01-16-2002, 08:28 PM
i'm not positive about this, but i think that cinnibar is a term that is used interchangably with elixir often.

i have heard of "cosmos palm", and i've heard that it can penetrate golden bell skills. in this area i can not help you out much, but i can maybe tell you a little.

iron shirt uses conditioning
golden bell uses qigong

iron palm uses conditioning
cosmos palm uses qigong

...or so i've heard.

golden bell and cosmos palm are considered to be higher than the iron skills, though. really, though, skills like golden bell and cosmos palm can be acquired through normal qigong exercises, if you practice the right ones, and with the right intention, if necessary. of course, this would take longer than a more specialized, time-tested system, but you would also have other advancements in skill parallel to the ones you set out to acquire.

interestingly enough, shi guolin (nicknamed the "iron arhat"), a shaolin monk living in new york, is attributes his iron shirt skills to the yijinjing (damo's muscle/tendon-changing classic). this is interesting because many people at shaolin practice iron shirt with the patting/conditioning methods.

Pakmei
01-17-2002, 01:48 AM
Thanks Plastic Squirrel.

Thats very informative. I'll look into this subject further.

I have also noticed that when I have searched on the net for "Cinnibar Palm" it seems to come up with Kong Jing Qi Gong (Empty Force Qi Gong).

Maybe Cinnibar Palm and Kong Jing Qi Gong are one of the same thing possibly.

bearpaw
02-10-2002, 03:38 AM
Cinnibar is a TCM term for a swellen, red tainted skin condition. Western Medicine calls it Cellultitis, the body lacks the ability to move toxins away from the area ... usually caused by a bacterial infection in the fatty tissue between the skin and muscle. Usually effects limbs, young children and diabetics. TCM: caused by qi vacuity, but I can't remember in what system ...

David Jamieson
03-03-2002, 12:55 PM
cinnibar-

cinnibar is mercury, but the term relates to the "cinnabar field" or Dan Tien.

mercury was thought to have properties of eternal youthfulness by the ancient Taoists, nowadays, we understand things a little better and no longer do we consume anything that has mercury in it.

the cinnibar palm reference is denoting the energy used in the techniques associated. THe energy is drawn up from trhe cinnibar field (Dan Tien) and then directed out of the hand when striking.

Where the mind goes, so too does ones Chi. So, the cultivated chi of the dan tien is drawn up through the hand and out.

similar to Iron Palm but more about "focus" than conditioning, although there is conditioning exercises associated with the practice such as rubbing sand in the hands, and as well urn thrusting and bag slapping just like in iron palm training.

peace

stonecrusher69
03-25-2002, 05:44 PM
I think the cinnabar palm tech is lost.I don't think anyone is training this anymore althought the method is known.

stonecrusher69
03-26-2002, 06:47 PM
to get to the point cinnbar palm is an emtpy force skill . Your best bet to train this would be by research in the 72 consummate arts of shaolin of whic one is the cinn palm.. and research into empty forse chi gong.....